• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

Dino standard/super moveset it's embarassing, I know that NT/Capcom didn't want to include too much stuff from a new game but still.
The rivalry with Nariko is a cool homage to the developers.

Playing on PSVITA and somehow those two characters looks like the less detailed.

hertog

Still doubting who will be my main in this game.

Raiden feels too powerful and I hate picking top tier characters in fighting games.
I'm leaning towards Radec, Heihachi or Ratchet.

fernoca

Wait.

Shirtless_Dante_Costume.png

*buys game*
Hahaha..
I was focusing on Drake mostly; untill I saw yesterday that Dante's alt was that.
So, just started with Dante!! XD

Noi

So Dino players, am I correct in assuming that his guns are 99% worthless? I can't see the point of ever touching triangle unless I want to drop a combo by trying to cancel into circle.

TheMink

So Dino players, am I correct in assuming that his guns are 99% worthless? I can't see the point of ever touching triangle unless I want to drop a combo by trying to cancel into circle.

Yeeeesh

I always freaking drop the triangle-side circle-up square

I got to get better

Vodh

Man, it kind of sucks that they're pushing DmC as a Devil May Cry reboot. If he didn't have to deal with all the legacy of the original Dante, and instead just a little bit more different from him, Donte would be a decent character...

Kyon

Banned
Man, it kind of sucks that they're pushing DmC as a Devil May Cry reboot. If he didn't have to deal with all the legacy of the original Dante, and instead just a little bit more different from him, Donte would be a decent character...

No Fanks.

The new Dante is a sexy beast this by default making it better than DMC.

Carl

Still doubting who will be my main in this game.

Raiden feels too powerful and I hate picking top tier characters in fighting games.
I'm leaning towards Radec, Heihachi or Ratchet.

Played through 6 stories now and still leaning towards Ratchet for my main. Possibly Radec.

Fuck Sly 1v1 on All Stars. Drake has no chance with this prick stealing 40 AP from you every single time he does his basic moves. What a bunch of bullshit.

Tips, GAF? I've been doing the down circle air attack over and over again, but the fucker just steals AP any chance he gets.

Fuck Sly 1v1 on All Stars. Drake has no chance with this prick stealing 40 AP from you every single time he does his basic moves. What a bunch of bullshit.

Tips, GAF? I've been doing the down circle air attack over and over again, but the fucker just steals AP any chance he gets.

I really leaned on that down O in the air attack. A lot of Drake's air attacks are actually useful. I'm a fan of charging forward with his neutral triangle. But do that level 1 super into the wall and get him when you're close together.
I've actually started playing Drake a lot, he just doesn't seem to build meter like other characters do

J-Tier

Does spamming down + triangle work? The heavy machine gun seems like it'd be effective after tossing out a barrel--assuming your back is to a wall.

SmithnCo

Could his barrier be effective for stopping Sly's electric slide? Pull that out and start grenading, and AKing when he gets close. Also Drake's 2 is really hard to dodge in close quarters and comes out fast, might be worth saving for that.

RazOmari

Finally got dat Platinum

Could his barrier be effective for stopping Sly's electric slide? Pull that out and start grenading, and AKing when he gets close. Also Drake's 2 is really hard to dodge in close quarters and comes out fast, might be worth saving for that.

I believe his slide goes right through the barrier.

SmithnCo

I believe his slide goes right through the barrier.

lol, that is such bullshit. I guess the barrel and running AK will be the best bets then. The Gau takes a while to come out and is only really effective on elevated platforms.

The aerial neutral triangle to barrel is useful too.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Any Evil Cole players here? I'm settling on him as my alternate to Raiden and trying to find some good combos.

Ploid 3.0

Any Evil Cole players here? I'm settling on him as my alternate to Raiden and trying to find some good combos.

I play evil cole. I use his crumple to try to get in since all the fighters have much better range on their melee. I charge up when I get a chance (the charging stacks so you don't have to do it all at once).

Grind + square x2 > diagnal forward jump > up + circle is my most common combo.

It's short but being able to do it safely without people hitting me out of it is rare. I don't try to get in that position, also people steal my level 2 kills by allowing me to hold people with it and killing us all. Using level 2 I have to be sure that people don't have a super of their own and if they do I have to get them in the circle.

Grisby

Man, Nariko kinda blows so far.

Also, does anyone else find it super difficult to pick up items on the Vita? It has like a 20% chance of working every time I touch the screen. Wish it would have just been delegated to a button.

Vodh

Trying to decide on my main between Raiden and Donte... The only thing I dislike about Raiden is that he does indeed feel OP, making playing him feel cheap and there are millions of Raidens online. Donte feels inferior in pretty much every way, but it's my second favourite character from the cast, making him the most obvious alternative.

Help me GAF, do I sell my soul to the devil and play the cool cyborg ninja, or should I roll with the emo rebel shirtless self-proclaimed badass?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Trying to decide on my main between Raiden and Donte... The only thing I dislike about Raiden is that he does indeed feel OP, making playing him feel cheap and there are millions of Raidens online. Donte feels inferior in pretty much every way, but it's my second favourite character from the cast, making him the most obvious alternative.

Help me GAF, do I sell my soul to the devil and play the cool cyborg ninja, or should I roll with the emo rebel shirtless self-proclaimed badass?

just go with whatever you feel comfortable to play with.

Edited: I felt same with Raiden. I really like his moveset but he's too strong. I might ended using him if I can't get better with few characters.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Pretty much using Raiden when I find myself in a losing streak and need a W to make myself feel better. Basically the same way I used Kratos in the beta.

Anyone else a little surprised by the lack of Kratos being played online now?

SmithnCo

Is it just me or is Sackboy pretty "high-tier" as well. In close range he can electro-pad and bounce you away pretty easily, then keepaway with mostly cake. Then set up escapes with the teleports.

I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've played against Kratos in FFA or 2v2. Most used characters in my experience are Raiden, Ratchet & Clank, and both Coles.

I mostly always play 2v2. I dont think Ive ever played FFA ranked.

The few Kratos players I have run into were in the 200+ rank. And on top of that, they were douchebags with mics. "I dont even own this game, and Im destroying everybody", "Big Daddy's drill is so cheap" (after using the drill the first time).

I hate experimenting with characters only to run into a Kratos because nothing satisfies me more than kicking a Kratos player's ass with one of my characters.

How does everybody feel about Sackboy's Super 3?

It's called playing with GAF. Barely anyone here uses kratos.

Oh, this reminds me, I apologize greatly for those who played with me and my sister. She whores Kratos and I felt real bad about it. I'm opening her up to other characters though.

And, SuperiVian was straight up beasting with Nariko. We even played him 2v1 and he destroyed us... are you guys online? I feel like getting a quick fix.

SmithnCo

How does everybody feel about Sackboy's Super 3?

Should probably be shorter. You can easily get 5+ kills in FFA and at least 4 in 2v2. Which isn't necessarily OP but he builds meter really fast and his level 2 is quite good as well.

Hard to say when it's so early on if stuff really needs a nerf though.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
My b&b with Toro is usually some variation on this:

While in the air Down+Circle-cancel into Down+Triangle(if not in Oni Stance. If already in Oni stance just Down+Triangle)
After hitting opponent and on the ground Up+Circle-cancel into Neutral+Triangle(you can tap the direction button immediately after hitting triangle to change the direction you'll punch if needed)
Down+Triangle
Up+Triangle
Up+Triangle

This combo will get you 130 AP and knock the opponent away thanks to the anti-infinite system

Second up triangle just won't land... any suggestions?

edit- figured it out! nVm

daevv

So every PS3 copy of the game comes with the Vita version right? Wife's getting me this for Christmas and I want to make sure I get both. Thx.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I mostly always play 2v2. I dont think Ive ever played FFA ranked.

The few Kratos players I have run into were in the 200+ rank. And on top of that, they were douchebags with mics. "I dont even own this game, and Im destroying everybody", "Big Daddy's drill is so cheap" (after using the drill the first time).

I hate experimenting with characters only to run into a Kratos because nothing satisfies me more than kicking a Kratos player's ass with one of my characters.

I don't really understand using mics playing with randoms. Seriously, who are you talking to?

Should probably be shorter. You can easily get 5+ kills in FFA and at least 4 in 2v2. Which isn't necessarily OP but he builds meter really fast and his level 2 is quite good as well.

Hard to say when it's so early on if stuff really needs a nerf though.

I think I agree entirely, here's why:

-leaves you completely defenseless-- hard to move in the bubble + I *think* you spawn lower than you left off (so if Im in mid jump and S3 is activated, I end up lower, Im not 100% sure about this though)

-Sackboy has incredible movement-- he can grapple hook anyone escaping directly above, and can use the spawn portal to move across the map instantly

-This easily racks up 5+ kills with much greater ease than any other character

-The bubble prizes, while a good idea, allow him to build meter again

The time he has to do all this is great enough and requires no counter challenge. Compare that to guys like Big Daddy or even Kratos, and they actually have potential to whiff their super 3's. Almost all super 3's seem to require some sort of challenge, except Sackboy's.

Top Bottom