• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

SmithnCo

Yeah, I have noticed it seems to spawn the bubbles lower than you were when the super started, which is an extra twist of the knife, lol. Perhaps making you able to move the bubbles faster would help, right now it's so slow that it barely matters.

edt: Also, new page, pimping the Scrafty Cup.

ibio9ukf7PsmUw.png

2 vs 2 Teams
Devil Knights - ScraftyDevil (emeraldphoenix7) and batmandarkknight (Macky_Tung)
Time-is-Obsolete - Man-is-Obsolete (Man-is-Obsolete) and TimeEffect
Mink 'n' Stein - TheMink and JStein
Då Vikings's - Drencrom (Drencrom) and Napalm_frank (NapalmFrank)
BaHeathMut - Bahamut_24(maxbahamut24) and IntelliHeath (IntelliHeath)
SmithnCow - SmithnCo (smithnco) and KevinCow
The Jentlefriends - Jtir123 and J's brother
Broronto - AnkiRendan (AnkiRendan) and SSReborn (Klipz-Wish)
Artful Dodgers - Tagg9 (TaggSte) and Tagg9's sister (SlyHobbes)
RazOr Chamber - Chamber (Novuscaine) and RazOmari (Knot-Locks)
Itchypads - Mik_Pad (mik_pad) and Kouichi (Kooichi-kun)
Figmuncher - Jawmuncher and FigBoy79 (Figboy)
Explosive Duo - Zephyrus (GoncaloPacheco) and B.O.O.M (rathne)
Gunny Balboa - Gunstarhero and KalBalboa
TribalSponge - Sponge (SpongeTheSquid) and tribal24
We Don't Use Dumb Names - Noi (Noisama) and The Grim Heaper (TheGrimHeaper)
Psyborg- PSY・S (SuP3RiViAIN) and cyborg009
DigiTron - DigitalOp and Vysetron (Chuftbot)
Unclenching Kings - Snapshot King (SnapshotKing) and uncleniccius (uncleniccius)
Team Tricky-Sama - Tricky I Shadow and Oyashrio-Sama (FFVIIguy)
Parappin' Believers - Tsunamo (JayTooCool) and FMTownsMarteh (NoR4U_)
InFamous Rising - Spindasher (Mrp7792-X) and Spindasher's Brother (JetsRap94).
The Mauve Avengers- TheDarkStark and krpiper
DREWTONX - Dreweyes and TONX
Nordic Tschörman - Lord Phol (LordPhol) and softie (Ein_Schnaehkeee)
Madden Crew - FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov) and Rorschach (Carcomar)
Pouty Pouts - Somnia (Somina) and mrbob (MrBob2k7)
Slayers - n3ss (psn: n33ss) and A_Rival (psn: A_Rival)
Lurkers -Choo411 and SuperHaterade64 (PSN message only)
Undecided - TWILT (TWILTHERO) and tirkaro

Looking for Partner
Baekshi (Sharingan_Itachi)
giancarlo123x
SteeloDMZ
Quick
SuperSonic1305
electroshockwave (electroshockwave)
pantsmith (pantsmith)
Gadirok

Just a quick reminder to all: registration for the tournament closes in less than 12 hours, so please find a partner if you don't have one yet!

If people would like, we can just randomly pair people on the "looking for a partner" list together, or they can choose to opt out and play with a local friend or something.

baekshi

Banned
Should probably be shorter. You can easily get 5+ kills in FFA and at least 4 in 2v2. Which isn't necessarily OP but he builds meter really fast and his level 2 is quite good as well.

Hard to say when it's so early on if stuff really needs a nerf though.

What about Big Daddy or Kratos? You could easily rank up kills with their Super 3.

SmithnCo

What about Big Daddy or Kratos? You could easily rank up kills with their Super 3.

With Kratos you can freely move and dodge, so you could stall him a bit if you're good, and Big Daddy's mobility on his 3 isn't quite as good a Sackboy's, so I still think Sackboy's is better than those, plus he gets the AP from the extra bubbles as well.

A lot of characters have way better level 1s and 2s though.

In the right hands, Heihachi is an animal. I can combo pretty well with him but I'm no good at setting up his level 1.

I think Im pretty good with Heihachi, but I use his trusty Super 2.

Well, on most levels Kuma is pretty good. And if he isnt, then Im usually screwed

TheMink

Any Evil Cole players here? I'm settling on him as my alternate to Raiden and trying to find some good combos.

Have a charged neutral circle ready

Down square-circle-side-square-jump-side square-side circle

Hits the threshold, its difficult to hit the down square though so i generally stick to starting with the one after it.

Charged circle combos into a lvl 1

Ran rp

Man, Nariko kinda blows so far.

Also, does anyone else find it super difficult to pick up items on the Vita? It has like a 20% chance of working every time I touch the screen. Wish it would have just been delegated to a button.

Nariko is the bomb.

im loving the game but why isn't there detailed stat tracking like in smash bros? such a small thing but i used to love checking up on the various stats for characters and myself :(

I wish you could start levels at certain parts... I hate the part where it scrolls but I like the top part here everyone tries to get the AP from the middle.

There really should have been a ton of customization options. It seems like they removed a LOT from the final game.

Remember the stats screen leak? Unless that was a fake, There used to be a ton of stat tracking info for each character.

I was under the impression there would be more detailed options

They could easily up the stages count by letting us play at certain spots:

Alden Tower: 3 levels
Invasion: 2-3 levels
Stowaway: 2 levels

I'd love some of these options:

-Teams share a super meter
-Ability to steal a stock life (like SSB)
-Set handicaps for supers per player
-Limit supers of certain characters

PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle-Royale-General12.jpeg

Ran rp

There really should have been a ton of customization options. It seems like they removed a LOT from the final game.

Remember the stats screen leak? There used to be a ton of stat tracking info for each character.

I was under the impression there would be more detailed options

They could easily up the stages count by letting us play at certain spots:

Alden Tower: 3 levels
Invasion: 2-3 levels
Stowaway: 2 levels

I'd love some of these options:

-Teams share a super meter
-Ability to steal a stock life (like SSB)
-Set handicaps for supers per player
-Limit supers of certain characters

SuperBot can always patch some things in.

SSReborn

im loving the game but why isn't there detailed stat tracking like in smash bros? such a small thing but i used to love checking up on the various stats for characters and myself :(

Its funny because leaked screenshots showed that the stat tracking was supposed to be a lot better then what was in the final product.

Carl

Think i've found a new favourite. I lurrvveee Nariko and Dante. So nice to play as, and their supers are great.

Carl

All of the character's stories seem to end with a hint as to a new game. Parappa, Sir Daniel, and Spike, anyway. I damn well hope they aren't just trolling :(

Tagg9

All of the character's stories seem to end with a hint as to a new game. Parappa, Sir Daniel, and Spike, anyway. I damn well hope they aren't just trolling :(

Eh, I think they are just making up original stories for characters that haven't had a game in awhile. Most people (Jak, Ratchet, Kratos, etc.) have pretty generic quests.

Carl

Eh, I think they are just making up original stories for characters that haven't had a game in awhile. Most people (Jak, Ratchet, Kratos, etc.) have pretty generic quests.

Even so, those three definitely end on notes that could mean a sequel :p

Maybe i'm just seeing what i want to see :(

Vodh

Well, between the PSABR cross play Vita copy and the free month of PS+ I got some time ago, Sony has just sold me a Vita. Picking it up tomorrow.

Gorillaz

Think i've found a new favourite. I lurrvveee Nariko and Dante. So nice to play as, and their supers are great.
Nariko is definitely one of my favs still having a hard time timing her lvl 1 Super tho. Starting to get the hang of it a bit.

Nakiro

I wish you could start levels at certain parts... I hate the part where it scrolls but I like the top part here everyone tries to get the AP from the middle.
Just remembered, I'm not 100% sure but if you turn off the hazards, you might start at the top right off the bat. I don't have time to check right now.

Just remembered, I'm not 100% sure but if you turn off the hazards, you might start at the top right off the bat. I don't have time to check right now.

Yup. Im not a fan of the AP harvesting though. Throws off the whole map

But Id like to fight in the middle and bottom section separately as well.

Synless

I have a huge problem with the beginning of the Uncharted level. It really is ridiculous how they shove you in this shitty small boxed area where the game just turns into a brawl until the door opens.

Tsunamo

Sir Dans ending felt a nod to me that Medievil 3 will happen eventually. I think Spikes was just the intro Million Monkeys and not something new, I would love another numbered Spike Ape Escape to happen though.
Is it just me or is Sackboy pretty "high-tier" as well. In close range he can electro-pad and bounce you away pretty easily, then keepaway with mostly cake. Then set up escapes with the teleports.
Yeah, if used right Sackboy can be deadly in 1v1 and 2v2, was playing with my friend in some matches and he pulled out some really great teleport + grappling hook combos when he timed it right.

Top Bottom