• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

fernoca

So...
At most know; most Vita players that preordered the game (at retail) are still waiting to get their DLC-preorder ocstrumes; as the preorder code only unlocked the PS3 version of them.

Superbot is looking on the problems, so..we just have to wait.

I contacted Sony, but currently waiting; as their last email asked me to send my info along the reciept and a scan of the voucher/code (both sides). I did, but explaining that the preorder code was in the same receipt (receipt I also sent on the very first email when I contacted them)

Also contacted Gamestop's customer service in case it was a problem with the code; seeing if they could send me another one to see if it worked. They did...and sent me 3 codes. I checked all 3 of them across the Vita, SEN website and the PS and, at the moment, all work; but since I already "own" the PS3 costumes; I can't redeem it again.

Keeping in mind that I don't know for how long this will work since they sent me 3, and at the moment the codes only unlock the costumes on PS3...if you want the preorder costumes for the PS3 version (or for the Vita version for whenver the issue is fixed).

Quote this post, get one of the 3 codes (NTSC version).
The codes are here: All taken.

Get one, redeem it and post a reply saying if the code worked, or not. Again, no matter where you redeem it, at the moment it only unlock the costumes on PS3. Hopefully, when the issue is fixed, the Vita version will also appear on the download history.

So...
At most know; most Vita players that preordered the game (at retail) are still waiting to get their DLC-preorder ocstrumes; as the preorder code only unlocked the PS3 version of them.

I contacted Sony, but currently waiting; as their last email asked me to send my info along the reciept and a scan of the voucher/code (both sides). I did, but explaining that the preorder code was in the same receipt (receipt I also sent on the very first email when I contacted them)

Also contacted Gamestop's customer service in case it was a problem with the code; seeing if they could send me another one to see if it worked. They did...and sent me 3 codes. I checked all 3 of them across the Vita, SEN website and the PS and, at the moment, all work; but since I already "own" the PS3 costumes; I can't redeem it again.

Keeping in mind that I don't know for how long this will work since they sent me 3, and at the moment the codes only unlock the costumes on PS3...if you want the preorder costumes for the PS3 version (or for the Vita version for whenver the issue is fixed).

The codes are here:

Get one, redeem it and post a reply saying if the code worked, or not. Again, no matter where you redeem it, at the moment it only unlock the costumes on PS3. Hopefully, when the issue is fixed, the Vita version will also appear on the download history.

Looks like they're all gone. Thanks for posting, though!

Thoraxes

So, is there any reason it takes me 25 seconds to respawn sometimes, while other times it's like 3-5 seconds?

That plus the latency issues, people becoming completely invisible, and other such things, I hope they get a patch out to fix this shit.

Man, I hate Sackboy's damn cake. It doesn't disappear, and it should.

I also hate dealing with him, especially when he stays against a wall with an electric pad in front. Especially since I use Heihachi, and he's all melee.

I'll get you, you rascal.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So I finally had a couple of my smash bros bros to try out some PSASBR. I think they had fun when they won a 2v2 match online, and they enjoyed the epicness of a 1v2 in stock mode, but overall it seemed lacking in the "fun even if you suck and lose" sense that Smash bros had. Basically there were plenty of "yeah!"s when people won, but it wasn't until we booted up WWE 13 that everyone was laughing and yelling no matter what the outcome.

Smash is fun in that it has a lot of situations that are "woah i can't believe that happened!" moments in kindof cool and funny ways, while the "I can't believe that happened" moments were mostly around when people missed their supers, but I noticed more frustration from the super missers than pride in the super dodgers.

There is also a lot of fun in chaos that smash has while everything here seems very orderly. Which I understand is better for the competitive base, but makes it less fun for the competitive base. The chaos in something silly like nintendo characters taking part in something very violent is something that is also lost, but I guess that was to be expected no matter what sony characters got chosen.

If they were to hope to do better on the casual front, they should go a lot crazier on the stage and item front. The type of stuff that should be obviously banned by default in the competitive ranked mode.

I guess its pretty well known that this game is a competitive fighter and not a casual romp, but I figured it'd be worthwhile to share my casual romp story either way. On the competitive front, I think this game is ripe for a patch. One that allows random 2v2 teams would be amazing, but one that at least balances things out would be really nice. A large delay in kratos's core moves would be on the top of my balance wishlist. Buffs for a lot of different characters would be second.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can someone confirm if throws destroy ap bars based on bar length and not ap amount?

Should let you counter ANYONE depending on level 3's easy if it's the first one.

A large delay in kratos's core moves would be on the top of my balance wishlist. Buffs for a lot of different characters would be second.
Kratos isn't as good as he seems once you start to learn the game more.

So I've come to the conclusion that Sweet Tooth is kind of garbage. Way too fun to not play from time to time though.

Disagree entirely. Just won 3 games with him in FFA (my first time playing ranked FFA, actually).

He is incredibly fun, and really good at building AP. His Super 1 is great, though vulnerable. His Super 2 is misused and its actual design is crap, but you can easily get 3 kills in FFA with it if you do it within the crowd. And his Super 3 is truly beastly. Most I got with that Super is 9 kills. Position yourself just right and you can do great with that.

He can't combo well, but that shotgun blast, the constant mine drops, the beautiful flamethrower (great for 2v2), and the chainsaw spin are all fantastic moves. Neutral square is also good, his shoulder bash is great, and I always catch enemies off guard and collect little pockets of AP with the machete toss. Those are 7 solid moves for ST, and I am always mindful of using them, which is what I love. I always feel like I'm never button mashing, but thinking with his moves.

Ran rp

So...

The codes are here: All taken.

This is the second time I missed preorder codes while I was sleeping. Kill me.

Smash is fun in that it has a lot of situations that are "woah i can't believe that happened!" moments in kindof cool and funny ways, while the "I can't believe that happened" moments were mostly around when people missed their supers, but I noticed more frustration from the super missers than pride in the super dodgers.

There is also a lot of fun in chaos that smash has while everything here seems very orderly. Which I understand is better for the competitive base, but makes it less fun for the competitive base. The chaos in something silly like nintendo characters taking part in something very violent is something that is also lost, but I guess that was to be expected no matter what sony characters got chosen.

I'm having a blast with this. There is something hilarious about Big Daddy scarily roaring for his super 2 and charges past everyone to fall into the water in Sandover Village, only to have him try to scamper around on to the platform in failure.

Or when Kuma comes out for Heihachi's Super 2, and deadweights off the stage to chase an enemy player (who he manages to kill by air dashing, which was unexpected for the player who tried to run away by falling off into Sandover's water)

Or when Toro trolls the shit out of a cautious Ratchet player by keeping distance and hibernating to gain AP for a guaranteed Super 3 in a stock match with 1 life a piece. This was an amazing match with some Gaffers. I wish I could have recorded it.

And of course, taunting and teabagging, and having everyone use their supers at once, which kills everybody.

I'm having a ton of fun moments. I've never properly played Smash, so I cant compare, it sounds like a lot of fun. Ironically, I want to try Smash now more than ever

I wish I could get back into wrestling games, but they've sucked so hard this gen. We do still play them (SVR 2010) but they are so painfully boring to me. The fun is just in playing with friends. How is WWE 13? Is it mostly just nostalgia and a good story campaign? The core gameplay never seems different to me. I really wish they made a sequel to WWE All Stars

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Kratos isn't as good as he seems once you start to learn the game more.

Really. Explain then.

I think some characters like Sly and Radac can easily counter him for various reasons, but every single close range character sucks next to him, and there is no way to counter his great AP building abilities in FFA other then going for the other great AP and kill building characters.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Really. Explain then.

I think some characters like Sly and Radac can easily counter him for various reasons, but every single close range character sucks next to him, and there is no way to counter his great AP building abilities in FFA other then going for the other great AP and kill building characters.

Just block

Vysetron

Neo Member
Disagree entirely. Just won 3 games with him in FFA (my first time playing ranked FFA, actually).

He is incredibly fun, and really good at building AP. His Super 1 is great, though vulnerable. His Super 2 is misused and its actual design is crap, but you can easily get 3 kills in FFA with it if you do it within the crowd. And his Super 3 is truly beastly. Most I got with that Super is 9 kills. Position yourself just right and you can do great with that.

He can't combo well, but that shotgun blast, the constant mine drops, the beautiful flamethrower (great for 2v2), and the chainsaw spin are all fantastic moves. Neutral square is also good, his shoulder bash is great, and I always catch enemies off guard and collect little pockets of AP with the machete toss. Those are 7 solid moves for ST, and I am always mindful of using them, which is what I love. I always feel like I'm never button mashing, but thinking with his moves.

I think my issue with him is primarily his lack of combos. When I land something risky, I'd like to be rewarded with an opportunity to score a lot of AP. ST relies on this weird sort of hit and run game, which is interesting, but difficult to utilize against a lot of smarter players. I do love that level 1 though, even if it's not the best. Sooooo satisfying. And the shotgun is fantastic.

Just block

Not practical or ideal.

I wish people played the first private beta. He really was so much better then

I think my issue with him is primarily his lack of combos. When I land something risky, I'd like to be rewarded with an opportunity to score a lot of AP. ST relies on this weird sort of hit and run game, which is interesting, but difficult to utilize against a lot of smarter players. I do love that level 1 though, even if it's not the best. Sooooo satisfying. And the shotgun is fantastic.

He is definitely not combo friendly, but try this: down square (should be a forward stomp), up square (uppercut), forward triangle. That's the best combo I got for him lol. His chain spin is great in a group

Noi

People DC'ing due to getting their asses kicked by a cat make me :(.

Edit: Fuckin' A, I picked Toro not god damn Dino.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I'm having a blast with this. There is something hilarious about Big Daddy scarily roaring for his super 2 and charges past everyone to fall into the water in Sandover Village, only to have him try to scamper around on to the platform in failure.

Or when Kuma comes out for Heihachi's Super 2, and deadweights off the stage to chase an enemy player (who he manages to kill by air dashing, which was unexpected for the player who tried to run away by falling off into Sandover's water)

Or when Toro trolls the shit out of a cautious Ratchet player by keeping distance and hibernating to gain AP for a guaranteed Super 3 in a stock match with 1 life a piece. This was an amazing match with some Gaffers. I wish I could have recorded it.

And of course, taunting and teabagging, and having everyone use their supers at once, which kills everybody.

I'm having a ton of fun moments. I've never properly played Smash, so I cant compare, it sounds like a lot of fun. Ironically, I want to try Smash now more than ever

I have a hard time imagining how those moments would have been recieved. All I know is we didn't experience stuff like that. I find it interesting you bring the taunt stuff up.

Maybe this is a time to bring back that "You are no challenge and no fun" sly taunt. It was a lot of fun to just spam that taunt in the beta, and it got to a point where it was sort of becoming a thing outside of the game. And for some reason they replaced it with 3 different taunts that you can barely hear in the heat of battle. Sly is my main, but I heard other people's character's taunts had similar stupid nerfs for no good reason.

Taunts aren't nearly as fun as in Smash, where the audio alone makes you annoyed that someone was sitting back and taunting(in a good way). Or just look at how the silly voice acting from Captain Falcon was made iconic. Falcon Punch is a pretty useless move, but its so silly that it's fun to do everything you can to get it to hit and is the type of thing where if you hit it, everyone laughs that you actually made it work. Thats the type of thing thats fun no matter who is in the lead or why.

So maybe its presentation as well as gameplay. The audio engineer seems to really really need to rethink his stance on "audio pollution" because a fuller audio mix is something this game could really really use.

I wish I could get back into wrestling games, but they've sucked so hard this gen. We do still play them (SVR 2010) but they are so painfully boring to me. The fun is just in playing with friends. How is WWE 13? Is it mostly just nostalgia and a good story campaign? The core gameplay never seems different to me. I really wish they made a sequel to WWE All Stars

WWE13 is just an example of how its better at casual experiences compaired to more hardcore ones. If you take WWE13 online you just have really boring counter fests, but in a party setting, its a lot more fun.

Its a lot more open to doing silly things, like building 3 finishers and doing them back to back to back, or going for the pin that would have won if it weren't for the manager is distracting the ref, leading to an epic comeback, or laughing at some lightweight nobody wining against a legend everyone knows like Steve Austin.

cyborg009

Banned
Not practical or ideal.

I wish people played the first private beta. He really was so much better then

He is definitely not combo friendly, but try this: down square (should be a forward stomp), up square (uppercut), forward triangle. That's the best combo I got for him lol. His chain spin is great in a group

I did and he feels like he improve in this one :[

Synless

I cannot beat Sly Cooper with Drake on All-stars mode. I still firmly believe he is the cheapest piece of shit in this game.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just block

Lol. You can say that about anyone. That doesn't make it balanced.

Funny you say that especially when my balance suggestion was actually directed specifically for when you successfully block a kratos attack. Right now he's pretty protected even after whiffing many of his attacks.

Noi

Just dodged all of a Kratos' level 3 with Toro in the Dojo. Holy shit.
KuGsj.gif

cyborg009

Banned
PSY・S;44714149 said:
His movement is much more fluid in the last beta and final code, but power wise I think he was ridiculously OP early on. I remember getting two lvl 3s and then some in a single 3 minute match.

Oh ya I forgot about those........

But they really need nerf his chain grab...

Ran rp

Oh ya I forgot about those........

But they really need nerf his chain grab...

Yeah they do. I use Nariko's chain grab a lot because 1) I need it set my combos up. 2) It doesn't lock on. It only shoots forward on the ground and diagonally down in the air. Kratos' heat seeking, platform piercing chains are just too spamable.

Kyon

Banned
PSY・S;44714348 said:
Yeah they do. I use Nariko's chain grab a lot because 1) I need it set my combos up. 2) It doesn't lock on. It only shoots forward on the ground and diagonally down in the air. Kratos' heat seeking, platform piercing chains are just too spamable.

freaking this. it needs to be nerfed to hell

The online really needs to be fixed. Like, very much so. The fact that the completely broken online for me is really making me regret this purchase even though I've been hyped for months.

Just faced a two-Sackboy team that was pure horseshit. I just gave up at the end, fuck it.

Yup, pure BS.

This game will be a joke competitively if they dont seriously tune that crap. There was literally nothing we could do, that electricity crap is ridiculous lol

cyborg009

Banned
Yup, pure BS.

This game will be a joke competitively if they dont seriously tune that crap. There was literally nothing we could do, that electricity crap is ridiculous lol

radec couldn't handle them?

The online really needs to be fixed. Like, very much so. The fact that the completely broken online for me is really making me regret this purchase even though I've been hyped for months.

Been feeling the way too :[

The first private beta was so good....

SmithnCo

Yup, pure BS.

I could see no feasible way we could get in on them, especially on that stage. It was just fucked. Then they both pulled a 3 at the same time.

Noi

Radec's shots get blocked by Sackboy's projectiles. It's a bit ridiculous.

Oddly enough, Toro's worked fairly well as a counter to solo Sackboy shenanigans. A well-placed Oni Dive Kick can break the shockpad and hit him, which can then be followed up with Mochi from Hell which knocks him clear off the corner.

Been feeling the way too :[

The first private beta was so good....

That's the thing though, Radec is like the only other range character, and we weren't Radec.

It was the cheapest shit possible, they both stay on a wall, hide behind electricity, and spam the crap out of the cake that doesnt even disappear if it misses. Easy AP, Easy level 3.

Kurod

Banned
Just faced a two-Sackboy team that was pure horseshit. I just gave up at the end, fuck it.

Ditto. I hope Superbot fixes him. I had one dead to rights in the corner and used my level 1 super on him and got bounced off his pad as it hit him (not killing him). FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Top Bottom