• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

SmithnCo

Yeah, cake could use a nerf, it's his quickest projectile and stays where it hits. Jam at least takes a while and disappears.

But really, it's mainly the team of two Sackboys where it really becomes apparent. Having two of them pull off that level 3 is a death sentence.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Does Heihachi have a way to combo into his level one? I enjoy playing as him but his poor supers across the board are difficult to deal with.

Skyzard

Banned
Does Heihachi have a way to combo into his level one? I enjoy playing as him but his poor supers across the board are difficult to deal with.

Screenshotted this earlier to learn later, not too old a post:

824aV.jpg

lol just realised has the post number on the side..anyway screenshot>link

Why should Sackboy's cake disappear? It's a projectile/trap. Sackboy is a zoner/trap character, isn't he?

Let's look at his tools.

Bounce Pad: Can be used twice when jumped on to get out of difficult situations. Can't double jump when using a Bounce Pad.
Gripple Grappler: Can only aim upwards.
Spawn Point: Can use to "teleport". Can be destroyed.
Jam Session: Takes time to come out. Bounces a bit and then disappears.
Cakeinator: Shoots a cake projectile and sends Sackboy back a bit. If cake lands, it stays there until it's destroyed or until Sackboy shoots another one.
Electric Panel: Stays around. Only gives 5 AP. Can be destroyed by swords.

So only two projectiles that have a lasting effect on the field if they're not destroyed. If Sackboy's cake disappears after shooting it, he'll only have the electric panel. Sackboy's cake and panel are what causes him to control space. I'm sorry, but I just can't see it as an acceptable nerf, and I'd be deeply disappointed if Superbot actually decided to go through with it. Nerfing AP gain? Okay. Nerfing level 3? Fine. Making the cake disappear? I think that's going too far.

Why should Sackboy's cake disappear? It's a projectile/trap. Sackboy is a zoner/trap character, isn't he?

Let's look at his tools.

Bounce Pad: Can be used twice when jumped on to get out of difficult situations. Can't double jump when using a Bounce Pad.
Cakeinator: Shoots a cake projectile and sends Sackboy back a bit. If cake lands, it stays there until it's destroyed or until Sackboy shoots another one.

So only two projectiles that have a lasting effect on the field if they're not destroyed. If Sackboy's cake disappears after shooting it, he'll only have the electric panel. Sackboy's cake and panel are what causes him to control space. I'm sorry, but I just can't see it as an acceptable nerf, and I'd be deeply disappointed if Superbot actually decided to go through with it. Nerfing AP gain? Okay. Nerfing level 3? Fine. Making the cake disappear? I think that's going too far.

eff you you sackbastard.

SmithnCo

Cake staying is fine. Nerf the 3. It is by far the best 3 in the game, and with Sackboy's AP gain is pretty easy to achieve. I think it'd still be a great 3 even if it was shorter.

Noi

I don't agree on making the cake dissapear on landing, but I do think just having it sit there forever isn't great either. As it is, Sackboy has the only two traps in the game that last until either he spawns another one, it hits or an opponent destroys it (in the panels) case. I'd accept a compromise on the cake remaining stuck for X time before it vanishes, so Sackboy still has time to lay another one before it poofs.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Reading these balance discussions just leave me thinking that sly fears no one. He's my main so of course i don't want him nerfed but maybe he does need one.

I would love if i could switch to toro though.

Cake staying is fine. Nerf the 3. It is by far the best 3 in the game, and with Sackboy's AP gain is pretty easy to achieve. I think it'd still be a great 3 even if it was shorter.

He kills way too quick without consequence AND he gains more AP while at it. So yeah, it's his Super 3.

Hold up, PSY

Ploid 3.0

Evil Cole's level 3 is bad. I know they will tone the other's level 3's down. Sackboy's is insane, people respawn as slow moving bubbles, I could see if it was shorter, or something. Cole has a trap that disappear if wind blows on it, Sackboy's last until the cows come home and shocked people last long enough to hit them easily. The tar trap is gone so fast when activated. I've been transitioning over to sackboy to find a opening in his setups. I try stopping his level 3 but it just feeds him.

KevinCow

Banned
They nerfed the distance of his shoulder bash.

They also took out the 1-U1 combo for some reason, which was his only really reliable combo starter.

I don't get it. Of all the beta characters, they decided to nerf Sweet Tooth? If anything, he could've used some buffs. But noooo, ST gets nerfed while Kratos and Sly get nothing.

Alright, now that we have that discussion out of the way, I may as well share with you all my adventure on stream in the tournament. I'm pretty embarrassed. It was my first time on stream ever and in the third match I was actually beginning to feel pretty terrible with how long the match was taking. I do like that I can watch this and work on improving my bad habits and auto piloting. I think I'm stuck with my poor reflexes though. :(

http://www.twitch.tv/vitalityevents/b/342689473

I'm on at 0:49. :)

Takao

Banned
Having gone through Toro, and Parappa's story mode I have to agree with the press saying it's pretty disappointing. Parappa' story mode is ???,
he's with the gang wishing he had a comic book starring himself, and then suddenly he's fighting these characters? Then when you beat the mode it appears he vanished? Did he fall asleep somewhere and it was all just a dream?
Wat. The final boss had absolutely no build up either.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Having gone through Toro, and Parappa's story mode I have to agree with the press saying it's pretty disappointing. Parappa' story mode is ???,
he's with the gang wishing he had a comic book starring himself, and then suddenly he's fighting these characters? Then when you beat the mode it appears he vanished? Did he fall asleep somewhere and it was all just a dream?
Yeah, like most fighting games, it's not the greatest storytelling but
at the end of the opening sequence, Parappa skateboards away after getting the idea about being a comic book hero and he meets up with other PlayStation heroes. So that's why in the closing sequence his friends are all like "Oh you're back!"

Let's look at his tools.

Yea, why not spend the time nerfing goddam Kratos and Raiden.

Xater

It does make sense it's just not well told. I agree on the boss though.

Next game needs an equivalent of Subspace Emissary with a horrible fan fiction storyline that I can laugh about.

So I bought the PS3 version and redeemed my Vita version as well.

I was thinking about using the Vita as a third controller using cross-play to play with a couple roommates, but since the PS3 and Vita copies are technically using the same PSN account, will that even work?

I need to get another Dualshock anyway, but I was hoping to using the Vita as a temporary solution.

make a new user and use your friend psn account or make a new one on your ps3, that way you can invite your vita account to play on ps3. I've tried it, it work.

Mr. Fix

So Evil Cole has kind of a wavedash, in case anyone missed it. Basically, you just input his Side Sqaure dash and immediately press Circle in any direction to stop it and change directions, or keep going in the same one. It's pretty neat. You could also do his Side Square into a jump almost instantly to get a wider jumping distance, after which I usually follow up with his Down Square to start a combo.

beat

I SWEAR there's some bug where enemies get AP when they are clearly not attacking.

I think this is in story mode, but Ill be attacking a player and I hear "Level 1" for the attacked player, look down, and see they went up a level. Am I crazy?
Do characters gain AP when they're being hit?

Are there any good combos for Jak out there? I mostly rely on forward square -> up square and try to follow up with the hoverboard combo, but I can't seem to figger out decent combos with his other moves. His rifle is great at a distance though and the neutral circle pellet thing usually gives some nice chip damage. I also think his peacemaker shot needs a buff. Only 5 AP for what was his strongest weapon in the game, seriously?

So I bought the PS3 version and redeemed my Vita version as well.

I was thinking about using the Vita as a third controller using cross-play to play with a couple roommates, but since the PS3 and Vita copies are technically using the same PSN account, will that even work?

I need to get another Dualshock anyway, but I was hoping to using the Vita as a temporary solution.

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

edit: looks like someone did answer. Just what I was originally thinking. Make a new account on the PS3.

Xater

Just tried to do a VS match with Tricky I shadow and we always had a connection loss. Weird. Never had this problem with the game before.

Just tried to do a VS match with Tricky I shadow and we always had a connection loss. Weird. Never had this problem with the game before.

mind trying to play with me? trying to find out why my connection is too inconsistent, sometimes it work great, and other time I just got lost connection with host messages.

psn id: callibretto

Xater

mind trying to play with me? trying to find out why my connection is too inconsistent, sometimes it work great, and other time I just got lost connection with host messages.

psn id: callibretto

You online right now? Then we can give it a quick go. We got the same error you mention btw.

Xater

Okay it worked with Callibretto. Also everyone int he game gets the trophy. I did not host and I got it.

Yay my first Platinum!

well that work pretty well with xater.

tricky, want to try? although maybe an hour or two from now, I have some errand I had to do. you can add me if you want

AAK

In order for 1v1 to be viable I think this game NEEDS a lifebar. As it is it just feels that half or more of the cast are pretty much useless. But it's still early.

well that work pretty well with xater.

tricky, want to try? although maybe an hour or two from now, I have some errand I had to do. you can add me if you want

It's 12:25am here in Australia and I have to get up at 6:00am, so I think its bed time LOL. Thanks for the offer though. Send me a friend request and maybe we can try another day.

Top Bottom