• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale |OT| Use Supers to Smash your Bros!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Anyone else have trouble getting their preorder code from best buy? Cousin can't get his hands on his best buy says they don't have em.

I'm really growing fond of Ratchet now, but i really need to learn how to use Clank better in their Level 2. I can never get the maximum amount of kills out of it.

How much does lag affect gameplay?

your character teleport around when there's lag, like you could have sworn that you already jump in time to dodge an attack but suddenly you got teleport and appeared being hit, most often when you got into fight with kratos and his chain grab moves in my experience.

but the control and responsiveness itself stay great, so it's not like lag in tekken tag 2 where you sometime play in slow mo, or in lbp where you have a couple second input delay.

Mr. Fix

Sackboy.

pTDN3.gif

So many things wrong.

Sackboy.

pTDN3.gif

So many things wrong.

Yeah, that Super 3 and Cake attack need a tone down. I've seen Sackboy play up close, he has good moves. But they force a zone playstyle with how easy that is to do.

I'd like to see more diverse Sackboy players, I dont mind the zoning, but it's a shame it dominates his other moves. Unlike Radec, who is pretty much only useful at long range, Sackboy actually has potential for both.

cyborg009

Banned
Good thing Parappa is like the anti sackboy <3.

Mwahaha got mah FFA black belt and am now ahead of Nakiro and Kouichi in the ranks. No silly Coles gonna beat me <3.

Thanks for playing with me.......I know I was dead weight...

I find it pretty hard to combo to Spike Level 1 without the teleport move.

I really wish people would play as Raiden, Kratos and Dante more. It's like the character doesnt even exist!! They really need to be buffed so they can actually stand a chance online...

said nobody ever

Thanks for playing with me.......I know I was dead weight...

I find it pretty hard to combo to Spike Level 1 without the teleport move.

Is ok. You gotta learn someway and we won both games anyway :lol.

I really wish people would play as Raiden, Kratos and Dante more. It's like the character doesnt even exist!! They really need to be buffed so they can actually stand a chance online...
I would almost say Dante is in the lower half of tierlist. Supers are good but he really needs to do serious comboin to keep AP streamin.

If I had to fart a joketierlist it would be something like this:

High tier:Kratos, Raiden, Sackboy
Mid high:parappa, Sly, Drake, Fat Princess, Cole, Evil Cole, Ratchet
Mid tier: Big Daddy, Heihachi, Nariko, Dante, Radec, Spike
Mid low: Toro, Jak, Sweet Tooth
Low tier: Sir Dan

Feel free to disagree :3.

GeoramA

Guess I'll keep my code I got with the AC Vita bundle. I'm not the biggest fighting game fan, but this seems like a really cool fan service.

Noi

You can hit confirm his Super 1, right?

Same with Heihachi. Is there anyway out of those setups? I thought they said they dont do hit confirms with Super 1s?

Cole and Evil Cole can both hitconfirm, but only with the random crumple amp finisher. Cole can do so with his forward circle, which freezes long enough to confirm a level 1 at close range.

KillGore

Just bought it, played a few rounds, really loving the game. It may not be Super Smash great but it's still good. A shame I didn't pre-order the game since I wanted the alternate costumes, ah well. Is it available as DLC yet?

Kouichi

Good thing Parappa is like the anti sackboy <3.

Mwahaha got mah FFA black belt and am now ahead of Nakiro and Kouichi in the ranks. No silly Coles gonna beat me <3.

Congrats and I'll make you eat those words!

I can't wait for the first balance patch for this game. I wonder, did they intended Good Cole to be able to hit confirm into his level 1? I highly doubt they missed that since there are four* easy ways to do it.

Mr. Fix

Yeah, that Super 3 and Cake attack need a tone down. I've seen Sackboy play up close, he has good moves. But they force a zone playstyle with how easy that is to do.

I'd like to see more diverse Sackboy players, I dont mind the zoning, but it's a shame it dominates his other moves. Unlike Radec, who is pretty much only useful at long range, Sackboy actually has potential for both.

As usual Time Effect, I find myself agreeing with you. That purple ball as well. I honestly wouldn't mind them if they didn't cause hitstun. He already has the electrical mat to cover himself in the corner. The cake lasts years. This is even worse when you play in teams. "lrn2block" does not work, especially when his partner's playing the guard/offence.

2v2 with a ranged and guard player is a cool concept on paper for a game like this, but in actual effect it's ass. Where's the decay? Why is spamming so difficult to punish? With Sackboy in particular (and to a smaller effect, Radec), shit hits the fan when you realize that you're not invincible from grabs even while you're rolling. Movement is already so limited in this game, so approach becomes a joke. I'm not even blaming these players. I doubt SFxT was this broke, and that's saying something.

Vysetron

Neo Member
My biggest problem with Sacko right now is that his stuff generates too much AP. I don't mind the cakes and electric pads staying out so long since he's supposed to be about traps and such, but 25 a pop for stuff he can just fling into the fan? Ridiculous. His level 3 is definitely the best, but the main problem is that getting there is too easy. Upping the cost of the level 3 and reducing the amount he gets for tossing shit would probably solve the problem.

Edit: forgot to mention that I don't think they should actually nerf him yet. The game needs time to grow. There are lots of ways to deal with the hacky sack, they're just not as reliable/easy as most others.

TheMink

I would almost say Dante is in the lower half of tierlist. Supers are good but he really needs to do serious comboin to keep AP streamin.

Seems pretty good to me, i wouldnt say sir dan is the worst character though.

Its a shame narikos supers are pretty medicocre

It's hard for me to do tiers, but undoubtedly, Sackboy and Kratos are god tier and they both need a good tone down. I can't differentiate between Mid High, Mid Tier, and Mid Low. I especially disagree with Sweet Tooth down there, though I think if I absolutely had to, I'd agree with Jak and Sir Dan being the lowest. Those two need a decent buffing.

The rest of the roster, I have seen, can be deadly as hell in the right hands. Heihachi can be god tier because he can hit stun into his Super 1, and he gains AP mad. Big Daddy is great at crowd control, and Sweet Tooth can absolutely fuck you up with his Super 1, and his Super 3 is better than most give credit for.

As for Jak: I dont know why he is so low, but what do you think of an AP buff?

I feel like Raiden can be dealt with just fine, you can escape his Super 2, and His Super 3 fine. If anything, his Super 1 allows him to move freely, I think, and that shouldn't be the case.

My other problem is some super balancing. For example, Big Daddy's Super 3 isn't much different than his Super 2, and in some cases worse. I feel it doesn't last as long considering his mobility. I feel like it should be a bit longer. Same goes for Sir Dan. I think Sir Dan definitely needs a much longer Super 3. How Sackboy gets such a long super 3 while guys like Sir Dan and Big Daddy have to work for their kills in a shorter time is beyond me. Way too easy to escape, and doesn't last long enough for a second sweep. I think the AoE should both be bigger, last longer, or take shorter to kill. Hell, it's pretty much a weaker Evil Cole 2 special.

As usual Time Effect, I find myself agreeing with you. That purple ball as well. I honestly wouldn't mind them if they didn't cause hitstun. He already has the electrical mat to cover himself in the corner. The cake lasts years. This is even worse when you play in teams. "lrn2block" does not work, especially when his partner's playing the guard/offence.

2v2 with a ranged and guard player is a cool concept on paper for a game like this, but in actual effect it's ass. Where's the decay? Why is spamming so difficult to punish? With Sackboy in particular (and to a smaller effect, Radec), shit hits the fan when you realize that you're not invincible from grabs even while you're rolling. Movement is already so limited in this game, so approach becomes a joke. I'm not even blaming these players. I doubt SFxT was this broke, and that's saying something.

Yeah. Especially if your Heihachi, he's all melee so Sackboy hiding behind electricity becomes really difficult, maybe impossible. I'm also surprised at how quick Sackboy can drop the electricity pad. I'll be in his face, and he'll still manage to drop the pad. His AP gain and AP cost is just too easy.

I know fighting games take time to discover new techniques and counters, if there is a way for Heihachi to break through the electricity or something, I'd love to know. But I think the balance of Sackboy and Kratos favours ease of play way too much, and having to work three times as hard to play against them shouldn't necessarily be the case.

Noi

High tier: Kratos, Raiden, Sackboy, Cole
Mid tier: Parappa, Sly, Drake, Fat Princess, Evil Cole, Ratchet,
Big Daddy, Nariko, Dante, Radec, Spike, Toro
Low tier: Sir Dan, Jak, Heihachi, Sweet Tooth

Modified for how I feel. Maaaybe put Toro in Low Tier as well. Not so much because the characters in Low Tier are bad, just that they require way more effort to win with that the higher tiers. Except Dan, he's just not as fine turned as the rest of the cast.

Cole is good enough to be High Tier, imo. Better Level 3 than Evil Cole (dat unavoidable tornado), enourmous hitbox on his level 2 and reliable hitconfirm on his level 1.

TheMink

^yeah i might put jak a little higher, he got crazy nerfed from the previous build though. I thought he was fine in his earier build.

Who would you put below him? That said I don't think he is terrible.

Hmm good point, and i agree with you, the tiers are marginal at best, but i think your list seems acurate.

Noi

Im just going to laugh everytime I see Jak or Sir Dan on the bottom of anyones list.

Got my vita today, just waiting for my copy of all stars to come in tomorrow so I can finally play gaf online...

You beating up a bunch of newbies with them won't magically make them better characters. :V

I especially disagree with Sweet Tooth down there.
He is ok but has one thing still to fix:his teeeeeeeerrrrrrrrible lvl2. All other characters with great lvl 3 supers can easily use their lvl 2 and still be fine if gettin to lvl 3 is too risky. With ST you usually have to make a choise of lvl1 only or lvl3 by any means. Also his lvl 3 is very situational depending on stage. He is also slow and only has mediocre movement skills (short shoulder bash).

As for Jak: I dont know why he is so low, but what do you think of an AP buff?
He needs bigger aerial aoe on lvl 2 and/or animation needs to be faster. The super can be wretched on stages with high places and platforms. I'd almost say either lil AP buff or range buff on the guns would do him good. His melee is good.

Im just going to laugh everytime I see Jak or Sir Dan on the bottom of anyones list.|
Jak is better on 1v1 than 4 player.

cyborg009

Banned

Going 2X in overtime in both matches was pretty cool

Your fighting abilities with Parappa is a force to be reckon with(some guy over the mic said"Oh shit look at that Parappa level")

I guess Spike may be low tiered-- his Super 1 is real hard to hit, and his Super 2 is good, but the super 3 is pretty much a non factor.

How do you guys feel about screen kill supers? I've always shown concern for them, but you guys felt it would cancel other supers out. But I dont ever think that's a practicality to hold on to and aim for Screen kill Super 3's.

Screen kill supers really do feel like non-factors. I liked it when I first heard about it, but only when it was for Parappa. I feel like Spike, Toro, and Heihachi getting it was just laziness. I strongly feel that they should modify it somehow. Maybe make the super take out a percent of enemy AP so the player can recollect like Sackboy.

Right now, getting to screen clear super 3's takes up less AP than getting to a Super 2, but I dont think that is enough.

How do you feel, NapalmFrank? I see that you play a mean PaRappa

Noi

You saying all of gaf are newbies?
Kappa.png

I implied nothing of the sort. q pls.
BibleThump.png

I guess Spike may be low tiered-- his Super 1 is real hard to hit, and his Super 2 is good, but the super 3 is pretty much a non factor.

How do you guys feel about screen kill supers? I've always shown concern for them, but you guys felt it would cancel other supers out. But I dont ever think that's a practicality to hold on to and aim for Screen kill Super 3's.

Screen kill supers really do feel like non-factors. I liked it when I first heard about it, but only when it was for Parappa. I feel like Spike, Toro, and Heihachi getting it was just laziness. I strongly feel that they should modify it somehow. Maybe make the super take out a percent of enemy AP so the player can recollect like Sackboy.

Right now, getting to screen clear super 3's takes up less AP than getting to a Super 2, but I dont think that is enough.

I'm not too against them, as they come in handy with Toro if you've been sitting on a level 2 for too long. They certainly feel lazy for characters like Heihachi who have meh level 1's and 2's though.

He is ok but has one thing still to fix:his teeeeeeeerrrrrrrrible lvl2. All other characters with great lvl 3 supers can easily use their lvl 2 and still be fine if gettin to lvl 3 is too risky. With ST you usually have to make a choise of lvl1 only or lvl3 by any means. Also his lvl 3 is very situational depending on stage. He is also slow and only has mediocre movement skills (short shoulder bash).

I would like his old shoulder bash haha. That move was deadly.

In FFA, his Super 2 can kill all 3 enemies if you use it in the crowd. Outside of that I agree that it is useless. I hate the way the rocket controls too. Way too easy to dodge, leaves you way too vulnerable. Yet I dont know how they could really fix it. I dont know if I like the idea of an AP cost reduction, because I feel that his Super 1 is fantastic. His Super 3, I dont feel is too situational because of how long it lasts. If you activate it in the crowd, that's three easy kills. Then, you can sit on a platform and reign all kinds of hell. The trick is to be patient and not make an impulse shot. I think probably making his shoulder bash more powerful is the best thing to do, so he can gain AP better. I think the best thing for his Super 2 is to give it a nice big AoE, so that you dont need to do a direct shot on the enemy.

Mid high:Sly, Drake, Fat Princess, Cole, Evil Cole, Ratchet, Nariko, Radec
Mid tier: Big Daddy, Dante,Spike, Parappa, Sweet Tooth
Mid low: Toro, Jak, Heihachi

Thats just me though

First off I think Spikes lvl 2 is pretty bad compared to other similar ones (Cole, Radec, Dante.) I'd almost double the speed it travels.

And yeah screen wipes are pretty bad. I think this is biggest issue for Toro since Spike and Heihachi have much safer lvl 1 supers and Parappas lvl 2 is BETTER than his lvl 3 way too often. Kuma and meteor are both very stage dependent supers. So yeah it's not issue on Parappa, it's almost like a taunt super.

Toro has a dive kick. That alone makes him better than Dan.
He is also very mobile and has great normal attacks overall.

Noi said:
I was about to say that the one perk I'd give Spike's level 2 is that it's full screen, but then I remembered Radec's. ._. I'd have to compare which one comes out faster.
Radecs beam stays there for a sec like Coles so that alone makes it easier to hit aerial enemies.

Top Bottom