• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Attendees Thread: California Here We Come!

krae_man

Can't wait to go this year. Will try to line up early!

Going to sign up on the doc when I'm in front of a computer later today.

Also, the Anaheim Packing District could be a cool place to hang out. The parking situation there is shite though, so not sure if that's the best idea.

That's like an hour walk. We need something within walking distance of the hotels/convention center.

People bail on a 15 minute walk. Lots of people don't go to conventions often and don't know how to pace themselves.

Considering most will be from out of town, I highly recommend a detour to Joe's Italian Ice after the convention. It's very close to the convention center and is amazing:

http://joesice.com

Gonna subscribe to this thread and hopefully join the meetup.

AerialAir

Banned
I'll be too busy playing SMTIVA and (hopefully) Last Guardian, but I'll pass my eyes on GAF and Silliconera when it ends... Who do I kid, I'll watch the whole thing and still unsure if I'm going.

J-Tier

That's like an hour walk. We need something within walking distance of the hotels/convention center.

People bail on a 15 minute walk. Lots of people don't go to conventions often and don't know how to pace themselves.
I was thinking of a carpool or Uber/Lyft situation. However, that may be a cluster fuck.

Y'all who've been before think it's worth flying from the East Coast to go? Always wanted to go to one of these, but the travel costs are usually prohibitive.

krae_man

Y'all who've been before think it's worth flying from the East Coast to go? Always wanted to go to one of these, but the travel costs are usually prohibitive.

I'm flying down from Toronto.

Absolutely worth going. PSX is great and the GAF meetup is awesome!

Hope you all enjoy the graphics I made for this thread. Watch out for those collectible cards...

Definitely do this! No one *has* to pitch in some monies, so there's that. Though you have done a lot to give back to the NeoGAF community throughout the years, so it's not like you'd be in negative karma. ;-)
Thanks, DJ.

So uh hey all, would appreciate if you at least take a look at our GoFundMe page. Seeking help to make it down to PSX and we'll film our whole trip. Plus it'll mean I can bring the NeoGAF lanyards myself (new design coming soon!)

https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-mob-travel-to-psx/

Thanks for any and all help. I'll even Photoshop something for you if you request it on there :)

Hope you all enjoy the graphics I made for this thread. Watch out for those collectible cards...

Thanks, DJ.

So uh hey all, would appreciate if you at least take a look at our GoFundMe page. Seeking help to make it down to PSX and we'll film our whole trip. Plus it'll mean I can bring the NeoGAF lanyards myself (new design coming soon!)

https://www.gofundme.com/help-the-mob-travel-to-psx/

Thanks for any and all help. I'll even Photoshop something for you if you request it on there :)

I just contributed some, hope you guys can make it :)

I just contributed some, hope you guys can make it :)
Dude, you and someone else already? Many MANY thanks! GAF never fails to amaze me.

Let me know if you want me to Photoshop something for you! Or even a simple animated GIF / webm creation :)

I hope to have the new badge design very soon and will be open to feedback from attendees!

Armadilo

Banned
Depends on my situation and if I get fired From my job because that's like the only way I could go, let's see what happens

Here is my first go at the new badge design. Let me know what you think!

IEMCMHO.jpg

If we can do double sided this time, I could make something neat for the back :)

krae_man

Here is my first go at the new badge design. Let me know what you think!

IEMCMHO.jpg

If we can do double sided this time, I could make something neat for the back :)

Looks good.

Maybe add something to signify the event. PSX 2016 or something along those lines.

That sure is sexy! What does the double "M" represent, though?
It's my avatar; the Multiverse Mob icon

Looks good.

Maybe add something to signify the event. PSX 2016 or something along those lines.
Will do!

Wattam was dropped by Sony earlier this year, its now a third party title so i doubt it will be at PSX.
There were various third party large and small games alike at past two PSX events.

daaaaamn, that sucks.

btw, that's one dope badge xenorevlis
Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Call of Duty, Battlefront, Battleborn, Paragon, etc. from last year are all third party?

Yeah but those are the big big third party stuff.

I think with indie games its going to be PS4 console exclusive ones they will show. Last year there was not 1 non exclusive PS4 indie game at the keynote.

Briefly before brisk brrr-bringing beginnings, Bandicoot's breakout bash beckons.

not attending but have a friend who is so posting vicariously for them

Rahulahoop

Neo Member
I will be flying in from the UK for the event and this will be my first convention outside of the UK - so super excited right now!

I am very new to the GAF community as you can tell from my 'junior member' status haha - but it would be great to meet the people who's posts I've been reading during my many years of pre-membership lurking. I am sort of there for work, but should definitely have some free time to go to meet ups!

Once I've picked a good avatar for my profile, I'll sign up for the lanyard - awesome idea by the way!

Looking forward to seeing some of you there! = )

How hard is it to get merch at these events? I really want a Bloodborne plushie, but I don't know if i'll be going both days yet.

I can't believe it but by chance I'm going to be in LA at that time AND there are still tickets left! Best surprise ever. I am totally going! Can't wait to meet so,e gaffers after the Osaka meetup was so good.

finalflame

How hard is it to get merch at these events? I really want a Bloodborne plushie, but I don't know if i'll be going both days yet.

Not at all, was a huge booth last year with merch. One thing that was "hard" I think is that they sold a separate limited edition poster each day, and I don't remember if you could buy the previous day's on Day 2. Further, the line was sometimes long, but I think mostly because going through the store was one of the check-ins for the app and you got a card for the trading card game they did last year.

Either way, there was plenty of merch and I grabbed the LE Symbols faceplate pretty easily (and a hoodie).

Pretty nice list but no Media Molecule? No Sucker Punch? No Rockstar Games? Booooo

I hope at least Santa Monica Show up (not for God of War, obviously) and maybe From Software...

kng3025

Huh, I'm just in San Diego. Considering driving up for Saturday.

I actually just moved down to San Diego for school,and was pleasantly surprised when I heard it was taking place not too far away. Definitely going to try and check it out. Was fortunate to go to last year's PSX as I lived close to SF as well.

EDIT: I'm all in! Thanks to donations, sudden high-intensity (but well paying) gigs, and a lot of smaller jobs finally being paid for it looks like I'm 100% going to be at The Game Awards and PlayStation Experience!

Also, made this:
yDUd6l7.gif

Shuhei seemed to like it :p

By the way, on the Friday between The Game Awards and PSX (December 2) Easy Allies are having a Meet & Greet at the Avalon Ballroom of the Hilton Anaheim just across the way from the Anaheim Convention center from 6pm to 10pm. Definitely want to attend. Longtime fan of GT, from Huber and Bosman to the review and previous coverage.

If you guys meeting up with Gio again I'll PayPal one of you 20 bucks to ask him about SOCOM
I will definitely do that and film it of course. No money required lol. Was a tester on PSP SOCOMs too.

Just a heads up, aside from one member who didn't share their username in the Google Doc, all the people who signed up have NeoGAF badges designed for them. Below is an example of the final badge and QUOTE THIS POST to see them all full size.

RwKLbug.jpg

Sign ups for badge and lanyard end November 21st as I'll have to physically make them after that and this time, I'll make sure we attach the lanyards before the vent The Game Awards or Easy Allies Meet & Greet will be earliest you can get your badge :)

Oh and potential "other side" of badge:

0HboH1a.jpg

I'll be at the Easy Allies event during that time (and was never an MVP) but do you know if that place would be good for the meetup?

Should we raid Disneyland and have the meetup in Tomorrowland?

Kumubou

I'll probably be going out to PSX. Mainly for Capcom Cup (so I'll be at the Esports Arena in Santa Ana on Friday), but it should be fun to meet a bunch of other fools. :x

Just need to sort out lodging -- personally, I'm just leaning toward just using an Airbnb host for a couple of days, and the fact that I'm driving out gives me a lot more flexibility in that regard. The downside to that is that I get to deal with LA traffic personally... oh boy.

Top Bottom