• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Attendees Thread: California Here We Come!

Wow! These are simply amazing! Great effort.
Thanks! These are the ones from last year, though. New design is posted a little bit up. If you're coming to PSX and the community meetup, there is a sign up to get one this year :)

Just need to sort out lodging -- personally, I'm just leaning toward just using an Airbnb host for a couple of days, and the fact that I'm driving out gives me a lot more flexibility in that regard. The downside to that is that I get to deal with LA traffic personally... oh boy.
Just remember that Anaheim (where PSX is) does not have AirBNB. City does not permit it.

I just had a cool idea for the back of the badge to make it more personal for us -

The part with the stars on the bottom middle, we could put "Believe" in there :)

I just had a cool idea for the back of the badge to make it more personal for us -

The part with the stars on the bottom middle, we could put "Believe" in there :)

I like it, but it already says "Greatness Awaits" in that area so don't want it to be too cluttered. Did you notice what I did to the eye above the sword? :)

Will see if I can fit in "BELIEVE" somewhere.

tr00per

Love the OP! Californiaaaaaa. Californiaaaaaa!

Anyways I would love to go to the meetup but I'll be sharing a rental car for the weekend (family going to Disney) so is the venue going to be within walking distance? I'll take a cab if I must but it would be great if I didn't have to

The badges look ACE btw

Love the OP! Californiaaaaaa. Californiaaaaaa!

Anyways I would love to go to the meetup but I'll be sharing a rental car for the weekend (family going to Disney) so is the venue going to be within walking distance? I'll take a cab if I must but it would be great if I didn't have to

The badges look ACE btw
We haven't yet locked down the place, but I'm sure if it's not super close by one of us would be more than happy to give you a ride. Also, thank you :)

We haven't yet locked down the place, but I'm sure if it's not super close by one of us would be more than happy to give you a ride. Also, thank you :)
What are the actual chances of this? The previous PSX meetups have all been very easy to get to, in relation to where the convention is happening.

My entire PSX vacation plans center around being within 2 miles of the Convention Center. I don't know how many others have done the same.

krae_man

What are the actual chances of this? The previous PSX meetups have all been very easy to get to, in relation to where the convention is happening.

My entire PSX vacation plans center around being within 2 miles of the Convention Center. I don't know how many others have done the same.

I'm going to research locations tonight.

I'll for sure pick something walkable if I can.

bosh

I'm going to research locations tonight.

I'll for sure pick something walkable if I can.

There is an Ihop across the street everyone could get lit at....

That area is littered with restaurants and hotel bars though, it shouldn't be to difficult for everyone to meetup. Even Downtown Disney across the road has stuff open at night like the ESPN restaurant.

I want to say there is a Dave an Busters under 5 miles away if enough people can drive.

Yeah I don't expect where we meetup to be far, but if we find the perfect place and it's more like 10 min away, I'll be at a hotel right by the convention center so it was just an option.

More than likely we'll be able to travel on foot in a nice little mob to wherever we end up choosing.

Just wanted to give you all my love and say THANK YOU.

In case you're unaware, we've gotten enough donations (and I've made enough money from small jobs) to 100% ensure my trip to SoCal and PSX. Oh and The Game Awards too.

Furthermore, my buddy Marcus can't make it so I ended up inviting a friend to fly out... someone who was in the keynote as a FF7 remake reaction last year!

REMEMBER: Only one more day to sign up for lanyard+badge.

qr7zyW6.jpg

What's the process of getting in line for the keynote on Saturday. Do we have to get something printed before hand at Friday or Sat morning?

krae_man

What's the process of getting in line for the keynote on Saturday. Do we have to get something printed before hand at Friday or Sat morning?

You can pick up badges friday.

If not, there are two lines for the keynote. An already have badge and a need to pick up badge line.

Last year you could get your admission at the convention center on Friday from like Noon to 10 or something like that. I would recommend doing that ahead of time, plus you get your swag bag at that time too!

They should announce the exact times soon for ticket pick up times

EDIT - BEATEN by a KRAE

bosh

Does anyone have a link to the Google doc ? Its not showing up on desktop / computer for me.

Thanks in advanced

Osukaa

!! Did I miss the deadline for the Lanyard -_-.......

This sucks dammit are we going to have a Thanksgiving extension ?

lol???....

J-Man

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I do read GAF daily and will be attending PSX. If you don't mind another game fan coming to the meetup, I'd like to attend.

That's awesome news! You must have had a mad dash for donations, as I remember it maybe being half that a week ago or so.
There have been a few. Since Marcus can no longer go my friend is flying in and we've pushed up the amount by $100 since I helped with her ticket and thus need help with hotel costs. I'll definitely make it down to go, though! Haha

Does anyone have a link to the Google doc ? Its not showing up on desktop / computer for me.

Thanks in advanced

!! Did I miss the deadline for the Lanyard -_-.......

This sucks dammit are we going to have a Thanksgiving extension ?

lol???....

You have to quote the second post in this thread (or this one) to see the link hidden in e-mail tag. It's still the 21st here, so hurry up!

h0mebas3

There have been a few. Since Marcus can no longer go my friend is flying in and we've pushed up the amount by $100 since I helped with her ticket and thus need help with hotel costs. I'll definitely make it down to go, though! Haha

You have to quote the second post in this thread (or this one) to see the link hidden in e-mail tag. It's still the 21st here, so hurry up!

I hope I'm not too late. Was out with the flu and would love see everybody at the meetup!

Qwark

I know it's not the 21st anymore, but hopefully it's not too late. If I can't get a badge, oh well, still looking forward to PSX.

krae_man

Okay guys It's time to announce meetup date time and location.

Date: Saturday Dec 3rd
Time: 9pm

How do I get there?

You have two options.

1) You can walk up Disneyland Dr until the Grand Californian Hotel and walk through that to get to the Downtown Disney District and Downtown Dr that the bar is on.

Alternately If you're worried about getting lost in what looks like a massive hotel, you can make a left at the hotel and take the scenic route on Downtown Dr. There's a pedestrian bridge over Disneyland Drive. Use the map below as a guide:

ADOTKO6.jpg

HLB4cZn.jpg

Now, I know what you are thinking, Convention ends at 10pm. Well 90% of the places I looked up closed at 10pm and this seems like the best spot with reasonable capacity within walking distance and they close at 12am. If we made it 10:30pm like last year and allowed for late stragglers, It would be closing just as we settle in.

If you want to watch the end of the Capcom Cup and come over after, by all means do that but those of us who are not interested in the Capcom Cup can head over there before the convention ends and hopefully secure a spot. I may even head over slightly earlier then that if a few of us are interested.

Then if people are still up for it, after Uva closes we'll wander over to Hearthstone Lounge or Trader Sams Enchanted Tiki Bar since they stay open until 1:30am. They look a little smaller but hopefully we can still squeeze in if some of us are up for a second stop.

They may be backup locations if Uva is all booked up as well.

Trader Sams is along the scenic route path as you can see in the map above.

Hearthstone Lounge is in the Grand Californian hotel.

*Warning, do not trust where Google Maps says Uva is. Look where the Disney Map says it is, that's where you need to go*

Has anyone gotten their Game Awards tickets yet? Asking specifically about the $10 add-on to PSX ticket.
That's a good question!

I passed on the Game Awards ticket. I'll be happy to never set foot in LA again. Anaheim is pushing it. :p I don't want to deal with the traffic and ungodly amounts of people.

_Isaac

"The line for the Showcase will open up at 12:01am on Saturday, December 3, and you must already have your badge to get in line."
Dang that's early. How early are you guys thinking of lining up?

"The line for the Showcase will open up at 12:01am on Saturday, December 3, and you must already have your badge to get in line."
That early, if not a little before. Part of the fun of conventions, for me, is lining up early and hanging out. And PSX is no different! :)

Daigr

We lined up last year around 6 am might of been just before. We were a city block back in the line. We got great seats could've sat closer but didn't want to run into seat savers.

We lined up last year around 6 am might of been just before. We were a city block back in the line. We got great seats could've sat closer but didn't want to run into seat savers.

6am was probably the earliest I was thinking. Say you aren't able to get a seat...is the show floor still open at 10am at least?

Mass One

I had a small question. I don't get into town until ~11pm. In your guy's opinion, Is it worth trying to get a badge Friday night or wait till Saturday morning?

Sawneeks

Banned

Hmmm. Would you say you guys had a lot of seat choices when you walked in?

I might not be able to make it down there until 7 - 8 AM and if I don't have have a good shot at getting a seat I may just pass. I've just never been so I'm not sure how to gauge the line.

Top Bottom