• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Experience 2016 Attendees Thread: California Here We Come!

Fisty

Hmmm. Would you say you guys had a lot of seat choices when you walked in?

I might not be able to make it down there until 7 - 8 AM and if I don't have have a good shot at getting a seat I may just pass. I've just never been so I'm not sure how to gauge the line.

Last year I got in line about an hour before doors opened and had no problem finding a seat, I actually ended up saving a few seats for other folks too

Last year I got in line about an hour before doors opened and had no problem finding a seat, I actually ended up saving a few seats for other folks too

That's good to hear. I don't mind sitting in the shittiest seat, I just want in for when MARIO KART 9 IS COMING TO PS4 happens.

Sawneeks

Banned

Perfect, thank you!

Might just go on Friday and pick up a badge early as well. c:

That's a good point, didn't think about that..

Might park a few blocks away and just walk. I'm not looking to pay for a parking pass just to pick up my badge. :/

Any of you guys here have recommendations for parking?

Are you staying anywhere? Likely going to just walk to the convention center from our hotel the night before.

Spenny

Might park a few blocks away and just walk. I'm not looking to pay for a parking pass just to pick up my badge. :/

I would also like to know where to park. Do they have designated parking?

daffy

Banned
When does the show floor open? Cause when we get inadvertently turned away from the conference i dont wanna go sit in my car and cry for too long

Gusto

What sucks is that the Capcom Cup is at the esports arena in Santa Ana. I have to take an Uber to Santa Ana and then attend the rest of the tourney in Anaheim. Why not just do it all at PSX?

ok check out this link here:

http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/lot/downtown_disney_district_self_parking_lot/92802/anaheim/?arriving=201611282130&leaving=201611282330

first 2 hrs are free then they charge you after, but i cant see myself spending any more than those 2 hours grabbing my badge

Sawneeks

Banned
Are you staying anywhere? Likely going to just walk to the convention center from our hotel the night before.

Unfortunately not. I live about an hour away so I'm driving down to the convention center the morning of. Probably should have grabbed a hotel now that I think about it but there isn't much I can do about that now lol.

I've been to the Anaheim Convention center before a couple years ago for a comic book convention and they do have convention parking. Here is the Convention Center's page about how parking works but if it's anything like last time it fills up very quickly.

ok check out this link here:

http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/lot/downtown_disney_district_self_parking_lot/92802/anaheim/?arriving=201611282130&leaving=201611282330

first 2 hrs are free then they charge you after, but i cant see myself spending any more than those 2 hours grabbing my badge

Didn't even think about Downtown Disney as an option. o:

Thanks for the heads up! I'm definitely going to take advantage of that on Friday.

Jetman

Will see ya'll at 'O Dark 30' for early line-up for the Showcase. Used to waiting in Comic Con lines for hours if not days, so anything below 5 hours is no problem, XD.

Oh, and I guess it's too late for the Game Awards show $10 add-on fee? Didn't see any options for it on the PSX menus...

Does anyone know which section of The Game Awards seating the $10 ticket add-on will put us in? Have a friend that wants to attend but there are two different sections >_<

krae_man

In case anyone missed it Kojima got stealth added to the meet and greet and panel lineups.

The panels are going to have to be 45 minutes long in order to give the panelists time to go from the panel to the meet and greet.

Come on Sony.

Just got my e-mail from AXS for The Game Awards tickets I added on. Now to figure out how to make sure 2 other friends (one who is PSX add-on and another planning to purchase ticket this morning) will be sitting with us.

someone pls record gouki/akuma sf5 gameplay :3

Will do!

Made my first VLOG... "ROAD TO PSX"

bosh

I think I read convention center parking is typically $15 for a day. Thats super cheap, hopefully it stays that price this weekend.

Does anyone know which section of The Game Awards seating the $10 ticket add-on will put us in? Have a friend that wants to attend but there are two different sections >_<

Mine are up in the balcony, way back. Also, if anyone would like my tickets to the game awards, send me a PM. I got the dates confused and won't be able to make the show.

My plan is to go to the keynote Saturday and then split for most of the day to hang out with some non gaming friends. Plan to be at the show all day Sunday.

So just to clarify, the show floor on Saturday doesn't open until after the Showcase press conference? Just want to weigh the options for getting a seat at showcase vs getting extra time on the floor.

krae_man

So just to clarify, the show floor on Saturday doesn't open until after the Showcase press conference? Just want to weigh the options for getting a seat at showcase vs getting extra time on the floor.

Show floor doesn't open until after the showcase.

There will be games announced in the showcase that are playable on the floor afterall.

aibaby

Neo Member
Hey guys, first time attending, but just got a few questions.

I'm going with a friend, but he doesn't get off work until 730, so the earliest he can be there is around 9am.

Should I just wait for him and go with him at that time, or should I line up at that 12 midnight time they said in the blog?
Also if I do line up earlier, are the waiting conditions out in the open or inside?Wondering if I should bring a sleeping bag and/or a chair and maybe a tent.

Thanks for all replies!

JEKKI

I have tickets but I'm seriously considering staying home on sat and just watching the livestream. Reason being -

dont wanna wait in lines,

gotta be up early to buy some video game vinyl soundtracks

and gonna be up all friday nite anyways watching BC One.

gonna be waaaaaay too tired on sat... I just hope Parappa plushies / beanies dont sell out that day >_<

Think the badges came out pretty good...

raoLfsul.jpg
csS0CLIl.jpg

Anyway, I'm headed RIGHT NOW down to Southern California from Silicon Valley. Really wishing I had a working aux cable to cassette tape.

The meet up is at night right or are we meeting up during the day too?

Starts at 9pm Saturday night, and the place closes at midnight.

I have tickets but I'm seriously considering staying home on sat and just watching the livestream.

Just show up after the keynote to get your plushies!

Hey guys, first time attending, but just got a few questions.

No need to line up AT midnight lol. That's just when they will allow people to start lining up. Weather forecast is showing sunny with 0% precipitation all weekend, so it shouldn't be too bad. Just regular cold :p

aibaby

Neo Member
Think the badges came out pretty good...

No need to line up AT midnight lol. That's just when they will allow people to start lining up. Weather forecast is showing sunny with 0% precipitation all weekend, so it shouldn't be too bad. Just regular cold :p

Oh okay, are lines not that bad on PSX? Only lines I know are the Black Friday lines pre-oniine and those were brutal. The badge pickup for Sat is 7am, so coming in at around 7am is fine or is that too late for seats?

I'm not going to this, but just reading over the OP I had to laugh - why all the teen drama actors interspersed throughout the information?!

Anaheim is in Orange County. Pretty sure that's the spread from the 'hit' TV show THE OC from years past. I had quite the sensible chuckle reading through it.

krae_man

I'm not going to this, but just reading over the OP I had to laugh - why all the teen drama actors interspersed throughout the information?!

Anaheim is in Orange County. Pretty sure that's the spread from the 'hit' TV show THE OC from years past. I had quite the sensible chuckle reading through it.

Yeah I started with the Sony killing the Vita crossed with the shooting meme and just went from there:lol

Don't forget Housewives of Orange County. I live here and yup it's totally like that if you go to the ultra high end mall in costa mesa. Lots of plastic surgery and fake boobies.

alemmon

Anyone here has a list of cards?
I've heard there are PSX cards for Persona 5 and Yakuza 0.

I have also heard Persona 5 and Yakuza 0. They have shown The Last Guardian and Platinum Trophy card. I have also heard Horizon Zero Dawn (but that seems like a no brainer) as well as GT Sport.

Gskyace

I have also heard Persona 5 and Yakuza 0. They have shown The Last Guardian and Platinum Trophy card. I have also heard Horizon Zero Dawn (but that seems like a no brainer) as well as GT Sport.

I guess there will be one for showcase and some for panels.
Also, David Jaffe is coming for Meet and Greets.

finalflame

So, what time are you guys planning on lining up? Gonna be in Anaheim with a buddy tomorrow during the early afternoon, gonna pick up the badges, then chill out getting ready for the big day. Thinking of lining up close to midnight.

Top Bottom