• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation fans, vote with your wallet.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
It's time to vote with your wallet.

Buy Astrobot.

Send Sony a message about what you want. This is the best way to make your voices heard. I'm glad that people rejected Concord. I hear so many times that Sony needs to bring back those smaller AA games and 3D platformers like Ratchet, Sly, and Jak & Daxter, instead of chasing GaaS.

This is your time.

Make a statement. Support Team Asobi. Support Astrobot. Make Sony see where the money and interest is.

That's it.

f1RNSaW.jpeg

Starship Troopers GIF

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
This has been my most anticipated game this year ever since the reveal, and I’ve been hoping for a full PS5 Astro Bot game since I played Playroom. I’m even gonna buy that little robot controller.

LONG LIVE ASTRO BOT!

Excited Lets Go GIF

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I admire your commitment, but I'm not paying $60 just to send a message to a multibillion-dollar company telling it to get its shit together.

Game seems really fun, but $60 for 10 hours of playtime, eh ...

I'll get it later on
If that's the criteria, why wouldn't a company instead make a heavily monetized, not-so-fun, free-to-play game that would require 100s of hours of gameplay grinding?

Matt_Fox

Delight has become a rare commodity... in the 80s and 90s games used to be filled with it. It hasn't been prioritised for the last couple decades, and in many cases its been actively avoided.

Astrobot is bringing the delight back, and I cant wait to smile my way through it!

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Forget PlayStation fans, VIDEO GAME fans should buy this game to send the whole industry the message.

I’m the biggest Mario fanboy I know, and I could not be more excited and thrilled about this game. Fuuuuuuck this is gonna be a long 12 hours 😂

calistan

So the money is in Mario rip-offs and mascots. I think they already tried that before, but I'm all in for Super Astro Bot Kart, as soon as that gets the green light.

Kokoloko85

I hope this brings back Jak n Daxter and Sly Cooper. Along with Ratchet and Astro thats 4 Platformers they could release 1 every 12-18 months. Plenty of times for smaller teams to make these games.
But I like MP games, Sony has been making them since forever unless you just joined mid PS3 generation, thats not the message Im sending

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Coming via Amazon tomorrow, taken the afternoon off work so really hoping the bastard thing doesn't arrive at like 8pm.

Sooner

I've never understood this mantra. I buy the things I want. Voting with your wallet is an automatic thing, unless you're stealing the things you want.

I'm definitely picking up Astrobot.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

So that my kids take over my Ps5!?

Hell Naw, I'm not supporting this game!
OP is trying to set parents up for failure!

My kids don't know Astro bot exist and I will protect their innocents for as long as I can!

Protect your PS5's and don't support this god like platforming game before it too late!

Last edited:

ssringo

I'm doing my part too!

Unfortunately they've shitcanned or ignored everything they used to release that I actually like (no, that does not include the recently shitcanned Concord). So that means I'm not buying their games anymore which includes Astrobot. But I'm sure they'll get along just fine without me!

Last edited:

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
I mean like....this isn't the title I really care about or want from Sony though lol

I want more creativity and ambitious boundary pushing stuff that we used to get regularly in the ps2 to ps3/360 era often.

If astrobot came out in 2007, where we got in the *same year*:

Half life 2 ep 2
God of war 2
Super mario galaxy
Bioshock
Mass effect
Uncharted
Portal
The witcher
Team fortress
persona 3
assassins creed
Halo 3
Crysis
Stalker

Then we wouldn't give a shit about astrobot that much lol speaks to how much we had to lower our standards over time that we are now "voting with our wallets" for....Astro bot Lol

Killjoy-NL

No, fuck that. You bought Concord and need to redeem yourself. Buy Astro Bot.
I bought Concord to try the beta, not because of the game itself, so I dont even count it.😶

I might buy Astro Bot on sale though. I did enjoy Astro's Playroom.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I mean like....this isn't the title I really care about or want from Sony though lol

I want more creativity and ambitious boundary pushing stuff that we used to get regularly in the ps2 to ps3/360 era often.

If astrobot came out in 2007, where we got in the *same year*:

Half life 2 ep 2
God of war 2
Super mario galaxy
Bioshock
Mass effect
Uncharted
Portal
The witcher
Team fortress
persona 3
assassins creed
Halo 3
Crysis
Stalker

Then we wouldn't give a shit about astrobot that much lol speaks to how much we had to lower our standards over time that we are now "voting with our wallets" for....Astro bot Lol
Notice how the only Platformers on that list are mario galaxy and (arguably) Assassin's Creed.

Non Nintendo AAA platformers have been dead for 2 decades. This is the chance to revive them. If you are not interested you never cared about the genre that much

Top Bottom