• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation fans, vote with your wallet.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You better buy the fucking robot videogame.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Reaction GIF

Love ya OP but no.

I give so much money to the PlayStation brand through my digital library, buying the Portal, buying PSVR2, even the freaking PS3 store. If this had a VR mode, or even hopes of one, I'd buy Astrobot in a second but the rapid fire answer from the creative director, "No, not a chance...", it's relegated Astrobot to the bottom of the backlog/giant sale list.

Glad for those who are enjoying it but I'm taking a pass for the time being. If I want an Astrobot fix I'll just play Rescue Mission.

Call it salt, call it whatever. My stance is not a knock against Team Asobi, they are a great team and Astrobot is a great IP but I wasn't interested in Playroom because it's flat, and I'm feeling the same towards this new game. If I hadn't played Rescue Mission I'd be all over Astrobot.

Delight has become a rare commodity... in the 80s and 90s games used to be filled with it. It hasn't been prioritised for the last couple decades, and in many cases its been actively avoided.

Astrobot is bringing the delight back, and I cant wait to smile my way through it!
200.gif

I can confidently say that Astrobot sparks joy! Let's give the clear message that we need more game like that.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I did my part. I also bought Black Myth: Wukong. I’ve purchased both of Sony’s exclusives. I don’t think there were any releases between the two.

N30RYU

I don't vote with my wallet in positive. I just buy what I want to play. I didn't buy Concord, I bought Wukong and I have preordered Astro Bot the same way back then I bought Rescue Mission for the PSVR.

I wont ever buy a game I'm not interested in to send a message or when they say if you don't buy this we aren't gonna make that.

Last edited:

Thabass

Was already planning to buy it. Game looks fun as hell. Which is all I want. You can DEI the game into oblivion, but as long as the game is fun, then I will buy it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sorry its not on gamepass boys.

But it's ok, you're super lucky to have the options you do.

Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

But it's not out on Steam either.

You'll have to Gabento the peasant console eco system, G.

hades-hercules.gif

• Surprised
Reactions: GHG

SSfox

I admire your commitment, but I'm not paying $60 just to send a message to a multibillion-dollar company telling it to get its shit together.

Game seems really fun, but $60 for 10 hours of playtime, eh ...

I'll get it later on

We that logic we should have not bought Crash, MGS, RE and cie back then

Damigos

I ll do my part next week, where i ll have tome to play it. Reviews convinced me + astro's playroom was fantastic

I mean like....this isn't the title I really care about or want from Sony though lol

I want more creativity and ambitious boundary pushing stuff that we used to get regularly in the ps2 to ps3/360 era often.

If astrobot came out in 2007, where we got in the *same year*:

Half life 2 ep 2
God of war 2
Super mario galaxy
Bioshock
Mass effect
Uncharted
Portal
The witcher
Team fortress
persona 3
assassins creed
Halo 3
Crysis
Stalker

Then we wouldn't give a shit about astrobot that much lol speaks to how much we had to lower our standards over time that we are now "voting with our wallets" for....Astro bot Lol
Yeah, i don't think people realize how shit the industry is right now. Problem is much of the creative talent is gone or was "Cancelled" , just look what happened to Chris Avellone, dude won a lawsuit against his accusers and the companies still won't hire him back, as they follow ideology anymore instead of making appealing great games. All woke people injected themselves in these companies and they hired their friends and kicked out , or the founders left (Rocksteady, Bioware, etc...). Good games require talent, money and passion. It also many times, requires long hours and crunch. Avocado toast, yoga 2 hour lunches and urbanite millennial San-Fran style cry rooms need not apply.

We are getting great indy games, I have 100s of hours on Songs of Syx, a game made in Java by one dude. We have great fan made mods. We have great Eastern European devs making AA+ - AAA games (metro, stalker, robocop, etc..) and amazing Japanese and now Korean and Chinese devs too. The west is fucked, and it sucks. I am an American, but we are creatively bankrupt, or our money backers are little bitches that bow down to the message and or gaas dreams of greed.

Astrobot looks like a great game, but so was Little Big Planet 1-3, Puppeteer, Sly4, all games that came out in the same gen. Thing is we only get one of them. Nothing new has been made.
I'd love for a platformer renaissance, and a return to creativity, or hell even more shooters with single player campaigns as we don't seem to get them anymore either. Some arcade racers, motorstorm, wipeout, twisted metal. It's all gaas , always online bs, ubisoft style open world, or dark souls clones.

Last edited:
Yeah, i don't think people realize how shit the industry is right now. Problem is much of the creative talent is gone or was "Cancelled" , just look what happened to Chris Avellone, dude won a lawsuit against his accusers and the companies still won't hire him back, as they follow ideology anymore instead of making appealing great games. All woke people injected themselves in these companies and they hired their friends and kicked out , or the founders left (Rocksteady, Bioware, etc...). Good games require talent, money and passion. It also many times, requires long hours and crunch. Avocado toast, yoga 2 hour lunches and urbanite millennial San-Fran style cry rooms need not apply.

We are getting great indy games, I have 100s of hours on Songs of Syx, a game made in Java by one dude. We have great fan made mods. We have great Eastern European devs making AA+ - AAA games (metro, stalker, robocop, etc..) and amazing Japanese and now Korean and Chinese devs too. The west is fucked, and it sucks. I am an American, but we are creatively bankrupt, or our money backers are little bitches that bow down to the message and or gaas dreams of greed.
Absolutely spot on. The gaming landscape is awesome once you branch out from Western slop.

simpatico

Slow down there Hitler. Thats a bit extreme. I know you’re unhappy with Sony, but buying the products they sell seems like an extreme way to send a message. Have you considered equating their actions to a violent assault on Twitter? I think that’s a better starting point. Bonus points for extreme crying on video.

Last edited:
Notice how the only Platformers on that list are mario galaxy and (arguably) Assassin's Creed.

Non Nintendo AAA platformers have been dead for 2 decades. This is the chance to revive them. If you are not interested you never cared about the genre that much
LBP came out in 2008, and it's sequels up to 2014. Puppeteer and Sly cooper 4 in 2013. Ratchet tools in 2008, crack in time 2009, then ratchet remake 2016, then new one in 2020. We have had non nintendo platformers, it hasn't been two decades, maybe you didn't support these games or know about them some xbox people didn't play ps3 games, when Sony was at it's best, imo.

Yeah recently mostly Nintendo makes good platformers, that is true, so hopefully this does send a message. Problem is, these companies are greedy. If its not selling 10mil plus they don't care.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife

Astrobot looks like a great game, but so was Little Big Planet 1-3, Puppeteer, Sly4, all games that came out in the same gen. Thing is we only get one of them. Nothing new has been made.
I'd love for a platformer renaissance, and a return to creativity, or hell even more shooters with single player campaigns as we don't seem to get them anymore either. Some arcade racers, motorstorm, wipeout, twisted metal. It's all gaas , always online bs, ubisoft style open world, or dark souls clones.
Truer words were never spoken before.

Specially sad about talented people being cancelled because of the mentally-ill crowd. Can't believe people like Chris Avellone or Jeremy Soule are gone.

Top Bottom