• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation fans, vote with your wallet.

Elbereth

Catching Fire GIF

Come On Astro Bot GIF by PlayStationDE

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
Notice how the only Platformers on that list are mario galaxy and (arguably) Assassin's Creed.

Non Nintendo AAA platformers have been dead for 2 decades. This is the chance to revive them. If you are not interested you never cared about the genre that much
Ratchet and clank future released that year also lol

As did a new spyro and sonic

Like I said, things just got worse all around.

Last edited:
I want to get the game as I loved Astro Bot Rescue Mission but with it being 69.99 here in the EU it's priced too high imo so i am going to have to wait for a sale.

I personally think that games like this should be priced at 29.99-39.99 max.

aerts1js

I mean like....this isn't the title I really care about or want from Sony though lol

I want more creativity and ambitious boundary pushing stuff that we used to get regularly in the ps2 to ps3/360 era often.

If astrobot came out in 2007, where we got in the *same year*:

Half life 2 ep 2
God of war 2
Super mario galaxy
Bioshock
Mass effect
Uncharted
Portal
The witcher
Team fortress
persona 3
assassins creed
Halo 3
Crysis
Stalker

Then we wouldn't give a shit about astrobot that much lol speaks to how much we had to lower our standards over time that we are now "voting with our wallets" for....Astro bot Lol
Wanting a 94 meta critic game that shows an immense amount of creativity to succeed is lowering your standards?

I’m sorry, but what kinda smooth brain comment / way of thinking is this.

Please go take your meds.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Ratchet and clank future released that year also lol

As did a new spyro and sonic

Like I said, things just got worse all around.
*largely dead.
Spyro since Year of the Dragon has been a shell of it's former self (also dead) and sonic and the secret rings is not a platformer

Mario and Ratchet for the entire year, in the golden age for every other genre.

Nah, support astrobot.

It's time to vote with your wallet.

Buy Astrobot.

Send Sony a message about what you want. This is the best way to make your voices heard. I'm glad that people rejected Concord. I hear so many times that Sony needs to bring back those smaller AA games and 3D platformers like Ratchet, Sly, and Jak & Daxter, instead of chasing GaaS.

This is your time.

Make a statement. Support Team Asobi. Support Astrobot. Make Sony see where the money and interest is.

That's it.

f1RNSaW.jpeg

Starship Troopers GIF

Shiiiit...I pre-ordered Astro Bot the minute it was put on the PSN Store! I'll do the same if they ever release a Knack 3!

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
Wanting a 94 meta critic game that shows an immense amount of creativity to succeed is lowering your standards?

I’m sorry, but what kinda smooth brain comment / way of thinking is this.

Please go take your meds.
If it came out that year, it likely wouldn't be sitting at that review score. Nor would it have the interest.

My point is...its a product of the times.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Voting with your wallet is fine and should work.

Butt that assumes the company starts it off releasing a product so people can vote on it with their money. If Astro sells a ton, thats great and means more Astrobots games will come. But that doesnt mean more Killzone and Socom will release.

I've never understood this mantra. I buy the things I want. Voting with your wallet is an automatic thing, unless you're stealing the things you want.

I'm definitely picking up Astrobot.
but... that feeling of 'empowerment'? that feeling of 'calling the shots', & 'being in charge'? that deep sense of satisfaction in crying out aloud 'i am a consumer! i am the decider!'...

StueyDuck

It's time to vote with your wallet.

Buy Astrobot.

Send Sony a message about what you want. This is the best way to make your voices heard. I'm glad that people rejected Concord. I hear so many times that Sony needs to bring back those smaller AA games and 3D platformers like Ratchet, Sly, and Jak & Daxter, instead of chasing GaaS.

This is your time.

Make a statement. Support Team Asobi. Support Astrobot. Make Sony see where the money and interest is.

That's it.

f1RNSaW.jpeg

Starship Troopers GIF
Im With You Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

GrayDock

Did my part, bought both the game and the controller.
Hope Sony understands that not every game needs to be AAA.

Zacfoldor

Preordered this morning. Will sell one more copy by tomorrow night, to a deserving new owner. This is the way.

ItJustWorks

Neo Member
*largely dead.
Spyro since Year of the Dragon has been a shell of it's former self (also dead) and sonic and the secret rings is not a platformer

Mario and Ratchet for the entire year, in the golden age for every other genre.

Nah, support astrobot.
Mario was largely likely the better platformer between astrobot and it though lol and was arguably the best game in that year.

So even the platformer that we did get, was transcendent.

Also if ass creed is a platformer then wouldn't uncharted and God of war borderline qualify also...

But all in all, the OP didn't specify platformers. It just said "show them we want more stuff like this", and all my point is...is that's not what I see as an example of where gaming could be.

Would rather have more devs try and out do Wukong.

Last edited:

Zacfoldor

Imagine, some people will buy a Ubisoft game instead of this.

Also, some of yall need to expand your horizons. You shop by GENRE for games? Like, that is how you buy Ubisoft games. Instead shop by QUALITY of games and your personal quality of life will skyrocket.

Quality will be remembered long after the price(and genre) is forgotten.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
So even the platformer that we did get, was transcendent.
I Want more. Why can't we get more?

One great platformer from the same studio every 10 years or so. So boring.

In the 90s and early 2000s we had great platformers coming out from the biggest studios. Now Sony releasing one in half a decade is considered our last hope

GymWolf

Gold Member
I don't normally either but I looked at some footage and it looks too much fun.
I barely tolerate platformers if they are very combat oriented like knack or ratchet (some people probably don't even consider these 2 platformers).

Also right now i'm already juggling 2 games with warhammer being close to release.

Maybe when it's gonna be 10 euros on pc in 2 or 3 years from now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom