• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation May Have More High Profile Titles Coming Next Year Apart From Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Yotei

Senua

Gold Member
showtime GIF by The Chi

Xtib81

Honestly their output on PS5 has been fine.

Let's stop pretending year after year for this entire generation they haven't been putting out great games.

They are winning or in the running for the GOTY basically every year.

Could it be better? Sure.

Is it poor? Absolutely not.
The output of their Big studios has been very disappointing. Either cross gen games or nothing. (Insomniac being the exception)

Last edited:

Astray

This isn't new. Shinobi himself mentioned basically the same thing about Sony's 2025 slate sometime earlier this year.

This year was supposedly a lull year with no big tentpole releases and yet the Sony slate was much stronger than expected.

2025 is shaping up to be a big year for PS5 generally, especially now that the pro is going live.

Elios83

Wow, amazing. So why not show them?

So far their output on PS5 is poor as fuck.

Because their marketing has changed and they now announce things when they're close to release and the development teams are comfortable and ready to discuss about their titles.
Just like Astrobot, Lego Horizon, Ghost of Yotei, Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster all appeared suddenly.

And no their output is far from poor unless the only team you're looking at is Naughty Dog which unfortunately suffered a game cancellation.

XXL

I'm kind of getting sick of this lie that the output on PS5 has been poor.

In the last 2 years (approximately) off the top of my head they have had exclusivity (on console) and/or developed.

Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy Rebirth
RE7 VR
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon VR
Synapse
GT7 and GT7 VR
Helldivers 2

Those are just off the top of my head.

Wtf are we even talking about here?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm kind of getting sick of this lie.

In the last 2 years (approximately) off the top of my head they have had exclusivity (on console) and/or developed.

Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy Rebirth
RE7 VR
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon VR
Synapse
GT7 and GT7 VR
Helldivers 2

No Naughty Dog or a Bend game announced that we can complain about 🤭

AmuroChan

The output of their Big studios has been very disappointing. Either cross gen games or nothing. (Insomniac being the exception)

Cross gen is going to be norm moving forward for at least the first few years of the generation. Since they've been porting games to PC and even Switch, there was no reason not to also just make a PS4 port in those scenarios to make a few extra bucks. PS6 is going to follow the same cadence I'm sure. A lot of early PS6 games will absolutely be cross gen with the PS5.

ProtoByte

Weeb Underling

Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy Rebirth
RE7 VR
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon VR
Synapse
GT7 and GT7 VR
Helldivers 2

Most of the list is cross gen, third party, or VR. They apparently don't count.

Spider-Man 2 doesn't do enough with gameplay and the story is worse, so that doesn't really count in Sony's favor either.

Helldivers 2 is multiplayer and has a marginally larger base on PC. That does not benefit people who play on PlayStation.

bundylove

Yeah more tlou3 lesbo licking and some spiderman pride morales .

The good news is with the pro i will be playing aaaallll my backlog games that i put aside just for that reason.
This will take me at least 6 months

FrankWza

Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy Rebirth
RE7 VR
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon VR
Synapse
GT7 and GT7 VR
Helldivers 2

Too many swords and companion games. I hate cars and no interest in VR because motion sickness. Lady jawline no go and I can wait for ff on PC Helldivers ps3 game astrobot nostalgia-play. Gimme parappa and I'll buy 3 pros Sony WTF are you doing!!!

XXL

Most of the list is cross gen, third party, or VR. They apparently don't count.

Spider-Man 2 doesn't do enough with gameplay and the story is worse, so that doesn't really count in Sony's favor either.

Helldivers 2 is multiplayer and has a marginally larger base on PC. That does not benefit people who play on PlayStation.
Regardless of whatever asterisk people want to put on it, this is the list and I'm probably forgetting some.

It's it not for you? That's fair.

To say it's been poor......is absolutely ridiculous.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Wow, amazing. So why not show them?

So far their output on PS5 is poor as fuck.

They will soon I think.

30th anniversary of Playstation in December. Seems like a perfect time to show off some future titles.

Sanepar

Stellar Blade
Rise of Ronin
Spider Man 2
Astro Bot
Final Fantasy 16
Final Fantasy Rebirth
RE7 VR
God of War
Horizon Forbidden West
Horizon VR
Synapse
GT7 and GT7 VR
Helldivers 2

The first party output this gen from Sony is miles better than ps4 at year 4.
Until 2017 we had: killzone, infamous second son, ratchet, the order, driveclub, knack, lbp3, blooborne, horizon e uncharted 4.

This gen: demon souls, returnal, miles morales, gt7 horizon fw, god of war ragnarok, ratchet, sackboy, astrobot, spiderman2, helldivers 2.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Honestly their output on PS5 has been fine.

Let's stop pretending year after year for this entire generation they haven't been putting out great games.

They are winning or in the running for the GOTY basically every year.

Could it be better? Sure.

Is it poor? Absolutely not.

I will not include the PS4 games that got ported to a PS5 like GOW: R and the fake remakes like Last of Us 1 Remake and last of Us 2 remaster or whatever they wanna call them. The same goes for GOW3 remaster since it was a PS3 game on PS4. any remaster game is a cheap ass job to increase the profit but it's not really a new game so it won't count

PS4 Games
- Bloodborne
- God OF war 1
- The last of us 2
- Uncharted 4 and its DLC
- The Order 1886
- Shadow of the Colossus
- Spiderman
- Ratchet and Clank
- Infamous Second son
- Days gone
- Destroid becomes human
- Knack 1 and 2
- GT game
- Gravity Rush 2
- Until Dawn
- Killzone Shadowfall
- Drive club
-The last guardian
- Horizon Zero Dawn

PS5
- GT game
-Spider man 2
-Steller Blade ( adding it to the list because I think the devs are a second-party studio for Sony now so it counts )
-ratchet and clank
- Demon souls
-Returnal
- Astrobot
-Destruction all Stars ( lol )
- Concord ( hahaha )

There are games that were made for PS4 but got a port the same day for the PS5 like GOWR or Horizon Forbidden West. looking at the graphics of these games they are cross-gen games that were in development for PS4 and PS5 got an updated version. but they are Not really PS5 games that take advantage of the PS5 like Concord. so I didn't add these games in either list even though THEY should have been on PS4.

So yeah. it IS poor and pathetic too, to be honest. Sony dropped the ball big time this gen. its an absolute joke.

Last edited:

bundylove

Too many swords and companion games. I hate cars and no interest in VR because motion sickness. Lady jawline no go and I can wait for ff on PC Helldivers ps3 game astrobot nostalgia-play. Gimme parappa and I'll buy 3 pros Sony WTF are you doing!!!
For now silent hill 2 will scratch my nostalgia sony third person cinematic andenture itch.

I hope they didnt mess it up.

And psvr2 is fantastic but you are right , i dont get motion sickness but i sweat a lot and that makes me dizzy even when i am sitting.

Top Bottom