• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting 2013 Thread: Go Fourth

Stark

Banned
Was decent. I wasn't expecting much games, nothing too interesting outside of Infamous and a new FF at E3, Destiny.

Love the Gaikai and Social features.

iammeiam

Gotta say, looks markedly more comfortable than the DS3.

ds421.jpg

The way it looks at this angle REALLY reminds me of the Logitech wireless PS2 controllers. Which I loved. So that would be great.

So here's my personal feelings so far.

- PS4 controller looks amazing to me, it looks like the grips look comfortable. Also that share button is amazing something I've always wanted
- Knack looks okay but not awesome, it kinda reminds me of old platformers
- Streaming service sounds amazing and that streaming games and letting people watch it easily, is something I've always wanted
- Killzone's graphics of the city was mesmerizing bt I'm not that hyped of shooters
- Infamous Second Son looks fun, though the only thing I can say for now is that I love the main character's design and his chain whip
- Witness I've never been attracted to puzzles but love the cartoon graphics
- That old man looked WAY to real I barely have the words to say about that, especially Phanta Reih
- Final Fantasy hype begins for me.... now
- Blizzard's pairing with Sony is shocking to me, but intriguing
- Lastly, I know what I'm getting Watch Dogs for ;)

Overall - 8/10
I know what the PS4 is capable of now, but I don't know what it looks like. Still it's pretty good to still have stuff to look forward to at E3.

stufte

Loved it, loved the focus on the games and developers. Tons more discussed than I thought there would be.

Watch Dogs and Deep Down look great.

I agree. I'm not sure what people were expecting, but this is a 180 (and a fantastic 180) from the ps3 announcement. As an xbox fan, color me excited.

Xamdou

8GB is GDDR5 is very impressive, Epic developer even said he said he is extremely happy about it during that post show with Keighly.

No Kaz though was disappointing, all those Kaz gifs for nothing.

Wubby

Triggers do look better to me.

We'll see final hardware at E3 I guess. They had to reveal something before GDC so it can be talked about in the open. Plus everything would get leaked out anyway.

I'm betting the next Xbox won't be as powerful but instead they will put more effort into the Kinnect and that new augmented reality projector, also maybe a bit cheaper than PS4.

PS4 looks like it has tons of potential. Unless they really come out with some good stuff on Vita at E3 (not likely though) I think it's going to basically become a zombie system. They'll keep supporting it because of all the cross platform PS4-Vita functions but otherwise sales will continue to stay low.

Sorral

Wow, that was terribly underwhelming.

So much hype, so little delivery.

What was with all the rhetoric and vapid philosophising?

And why was virtually everything they showed heavily scripted with limited (if any) player control? And when it was actual gameplay (looking at you Watch Dogs) the screen tearing was so distracting that I couldn't focus on what the player was actually meant to achieve. (I also didn't like the cop killing in that particular game, especially so close to the whole Dorner incident.)

Same thing again

Same thing again...

Why are you posting all of that over and over again? Hyperbole much? All on the same page and spread out.

ironcreed

Banned
- Specs sound great
- Exclusive games that look amazing for early in development games
- A couple of live demos
- Amazing features
- Great third party support, as expected
- Huge focus on games
- Devs are going to love it

What more do you want from a reveal in February? They set the stage for an amazing E3 and pretty much dropped a nuclear bomb as an opening salvo. Imagine the games going forward. That Capcom demo, for instance... just wow. The system sounds fantastic and the early games look amazing. Could not ask for anything more.

hmm, didn't get the megatons i wanted (The Last Guardian on PS4, Agent lol, MGS5), BUT overall i'm impressed. the console seems like a goddamn beast, and the features are great. i can watch whatever whoever on my friend list is playing? awesome. and Vita doesn't seem like a joke to me anymore.. i actually want one along with a PS4 now :O

one thing that bugged me about the visuals was flickering shadows (even in KZ) and apparent tearing in Watchdogs... but they're unfinished games so i dunno. what really wowed me though was the city vistas in KZ, that shit was really unbelievable to me. just absolutely gorgeous. and if that Capcom engine demo really was a realistic showing of what they can do... oh man, so delicious.

also REALLY happy to see Destiny being a PS4 title. i think that might be my first go-to shooter on PS4 (i'm really picky with shooters these days).

i'll give Sony a 8.5/10. good showing. hoping for MGS5 and The Last Guardian at E3.

also Square doesn't exist.

8GB is GDDR5 is very impressive, Epic developer even said he said he is extremely happy about it during that post show with Keighly.

No Kaz though was disappointing, all those Kaz gifs for nothing.

yea Mark Rein was literally rubbing his hands together, all giddy. i consider that a good sign :) Unreal Engine games are probably going to look fucking amazing on PS4. that alone will help Sony a lot.

I'm so disappointed right now. Not even with Sony, but just video games in general. I fear we'll never again see a generations jump in graphics. Everything I saw today looked like current games on pc with the settings turned up. It makes me concerned about my own interest in gaming.

I'm sure Microsoft will be no better. But I didn't feel like I was watching a new console. It was like the Wii U all over again.

Colin.

Very underwhelming. Not a single exclusive has any appeal to me. It was a doubtful day 1 buy for me, but even more so now. Hopefully E3 brings better. Didn't seem too graphically impressive either, but its early days.

~Kinggi~

Banned
They didnt even show the console. They didnt even mention that there will be physical game discs lol. What they did do was say in every possible way except outright confirming it that this thing is gonna require internet to work, which means those games are now leases. The whole presentation i was hoping they would prove me wrong but they are so integrated now with social features there is no way these games arent online drm. ALso Diablo 3, famous for always online drm making its debut i found amusing.

Also, SE go fuck yourselves for that incredibly lame ass tease.

Fuck yeah, I thought it was great.

They showed pretty much what I thought they would and didn't need to show the final look. they will hammer that out.

It seems like they are trying hard to integrate with the devices are are supposed to take over console gaming.

Some great ideas and great looking games.

* gigs high speed ram, they are NOT fucking around.

Fuck yeah

AngryMoth

It was weird to read all the "underwhelming" talk here and then watch the Giantbomb crew give their glowing impressions on their live stream.

In my opinion, they nailed it.
The announcements were pretty great overall I thought but my god Sony knows how to bore people to death with overly long speeches. I said earlier, you could cut every presenters script by 80% without loosing any substance and make it 10x easier to watch.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glad the focus was on games and features. They only needed to show the system, announce the launch date and price, and drop the price of the Vita.

Also: another frickin' bar on my TV... Wii, Wii U, Kinect, PS4 light bar..

Formosa

Nothing really interested me. Maybe because I am mainly a PC gamer now. The so far announced new features for the PS4 is nothing new to any PC gamers. And Diablo 3 sucks. I do like the new controller tho.

The racing game was such a letdown... no actual racing shown and it looks like an upressed ps3 game. Wasn't this supposed to be from the PGR studio?

I started out hopeful what with the whole 8GB GDDR5 and not wasting time talking about the stupid camera (and even gaikai turned out seeming useful being used as an instant demo thing), but they didn't show a single game I could give half a fuck about. I cringed when they mentioned diablo.

I was hoping for a cool racing game, some platformers, the last guardian, a new IP from naughty dog etc.

Also why did killzone (especially the flying part) look a gen apart from everything else? Most of what was shown looks like ps3.5 and the hanging on to the plane part with the sprawling city looked way too good to be real time.

Hard to judge the hardware if they refuse to give some specs or even a price.

They didnt talk about no used/always online or the shittaku psn live fees so I guess those rumors are all bullshit?

They didnt even show the console. They didnt even mention that there will be physical game discs lol. What they did do was say in every possible way except outright confirming it that this thing is gonna require internet to work, which means those games are now leases. The whole presentation i was hoping they would prove me wrong but they are so integrated now with social features there is no way these games arent online drm. ALso Diablo 3, famous for always online drm making its debut i found amusing.

Also, SE go fuck yourselves for that incredibly lame ass tease.

Lol you were reading too much into this conference. There is still E3 to go. I'm surprised that people are surprised at what was shown today.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'm so disappointed right now. Not even with Sony, but just video games in general. I fear we'll never again see a generations jump in graphics. Everything I saw today looked like current games on pc with the settings turned up. It makes me concerned about my own interest in gaming.

I'm sure Microsoft will be no better. But I didn't feel like I was watching a new console. It was like the Wii U all over again.

icY0iBxWbyFDX.jpg

ibeNWvgEaHtcCO.jpg

iblg9DfJVkeL5J.jpg

mclem

Why are you posting all of that over and over again? Hyperbole much? All on the same page and spread out.

To be fair, I could imagine that that's just the end result of trying to navigate GAF in these trying times. I had to be very cautious after prepping a post to try to ensure I didn't post it multiple times.

It puts a lot of pressure on MS to deliver on the specs part of their console now. They pretty much "have to" have 8gb ddr5 ram now.

Exactly. Anything less than 8 GDDR5 will not bode well for Durango. But the PS4's 8G surprise means that the rumors about the specs are not set in stone.

Top Bottom