• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

what does the new year have to do with that?

I was referring to Bowl0l about the new year and being told to relax. I was stating that I was sad to see there were no price drops for any Vita games last week and then nothing in the Drop for the Vita (which I know, if there was nothing releasing this week it would make sense), and hoping that there isn't going to be a new trend of no more price drops for Vita games in the weekly deals and the start of less and less acknowledgement from Sony for the Vita.

RK128

I was referring to Bowl0l about the new year and being told to relax. I was stating that I was sad to see there were no price drops for any Vita games last week and then nothing in the Drop for the Vita (which I know, if there was nothing releasing this week it would make sense), and hoping that there isn't going to be a new trend of no more price drops for Vita games in the weekly deals and the start of less and less acknowledgement from Sony for the Vita.

I wouldn't worry about this until it is more common. Otherwise, its just a light week for the Vita, so news for new releases/sales/price drops isn't happening.

2016 is a year where ALOT is coming out on Vita across JP titles and Indies, so I wouldn't worry about a lack of Vita games or exposure buddy :).

Prelude.

Haven't touched Ar Nosurge yet so can't you help you with that. My friend told me that the guide on gamefaqs should help with getting the conversation topics apparently. Might be worth taking a look at it. Boop
Hmm, that doesn't seem accurate. I'm missing 4-4 (Craft Cielnotronica at Kanon's shop) on Cass and Delta but I most certainly did that and didn't get that topic. It's also missing most of them (and the Plus exclusive stuff)

So, gone home and maybe tharsis this week, I'll get Banner Saga when it's released for the V. So many good games already announced for Q1 (the witness, Firewatch and Invisible inc. are at the top of my list)

Xenoflare

Cyber Sleuth and Fire Emblem Fates in a month woohoo

And hopefully that 64GB vita card can come around that time as well. Gonna prepare for the releases later this year

All the super positive reactions to the Odin Sphere demo shot that game to the top of my wishlist

Can't believe they probably delayed it to June :(

All the super positive reactions to the Odin Sphere demo shot that game to the top of my wishlist

Can't believe they probably delayed it to June :(

There was a demo?? I had no idea. But I played the original version on PS2, so I imagine everything is about the same. Just a lot prettier.

There was a demo?? I had no idea. But I played the original version on PS2, so I imagine everything is about the same. Just a lot prettier.

There's a demo on JP PSN for all platforms, and it's not just prettier. It's better in every aspect and it's not just a port. Haven't played the demo myself but everyone is saying it's a HUGE improvement over the original.

see here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1167432

RK128

Someone dared to make a game consisting almost exclusively of Donkey Kong Country barrel levels.

I thought for a minute you meant the rocket barrel levels from DKCR for a minute, but now that I re-read your post, feel a bit better :').

Looks interesting and wondering what creative level designs they can pull from that concept :D.

I just finished Three Fourth Home on my Vita and I really liked it. Mostly because how the game, in the same way as Actual Sunlight, is written for adults without focus on sex or violence.

If you can handle games that are a little different, a little shorter and that doesn't offer a lot when it comes to game mechanics, I wholeheartedly recommend both these games.

Even though both games a similar in some ways (good writing), they couldn't be further apart in others.

My question is, are there similar Vita games that I have missed or that has been announced for the future?

dNN0efO.jpg

The Bridge Vita - This is a puzzle platformer with beautiful art that is a mix between M.C. Escher and Edward Gorey. The controls are a mix between tilting and the analog stick. Movement is slow and painful and frankly any tilting of the Vita puts me off. The puzzles aren't interesting enough to keep my attention. The similar Back to Bed is a better game.

2usv9qu.jpg

Super Toy Cars PS4 - This is a terrible kart racer. The premise is stale and the execution is worse. Slow movement with bad controls. Poorly runs on PS4. Some of the worst music ever in a video game. Nope.

Gameplay with commentary

p17UhMd.jpg

BlazeRush PS4 - This is a simple game reminiscent of R.C. Pro-Am but all the racers will always be on screen at once. Not all of the modes work like time trials and generic racing but the elimination and king of the kill modes are a blast. This game would be a lot of fun with couch co-op as it is mostly about knocking out your fellow players. Controls are simple with no acceleration button. Just point in the correct direction with the analog stick and press a button to boost or fire a weapon. I could never get the online multiplayer to work. Get it.

Gameplay with commentary

Shizuka

A first in my journey with a Vita, the Vita version of Volume only unlocks trophies when you're online. I was playing the game and no trophies were popping, even after progressing through level 25 (there's a progression trophy after you finish that).

I went online, tried to play another level and all the trophies I would've unlocked popped during that level. I got in touch with Mike Bithell through Twitter and he replied:

@goldzuka yup. Unfortunately that's a limitation placed by Sony thanks to the graphics settings we use to get those framerates :)

Which is a first, at least for me. I was keeping track of the trophy to know I'd unlock the 25% text trophy before the 25% core levels trophy, but since I unlocked them after I went online during level 27, I don't know if I missed any previous text. I sent another message asking for some kind of text progression meter, and he replied:

@goldzuka certainly on our list, but low priority, and the text unlock trophies are definitely working, seeing lots of platinums :)

And that's that. If you're playing Volume on Vita, play it online to keep track of your trophies as you go.

RK128

A few noteworthy things happened today:
-Not a Hero got scrapped for Vita :'(
-Psychonuts is getting a PS4 port this spring; Tweeted Double Fine to see if a Vita port is in the works
-Sequel to Firefly Deity coming out in Japan

Some good stuff happened but its a shame we lost another indie Vita port with Not a Hero. Just more money to save I suppose :).

Benedict

After finally copying the games and formatting my 64 gb card I have mostly transfered the games back again. A process that took days for me.
Sadly 4 games got error codes when trying to transfer them from my PC to Vita. Demon Gaze, Everybody's Golf, Dynasty Warriors and Don't Die Mr. Robot.
I sincerely hope that I have the saves for Everybody's Golf and Demon Gaze in the cloud...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
A few noteworthy things happened today:
-Not a Hero got scrapped for Vita :'(
-Psychonuts is getting a PS4 port this spring; Tweeted Double Fine to see if a Vita port is in the works
-Sequel to Firefly Deity coming out in Japan

Some good stuff happened but its a shame we lost another indie Vita port with Not a Hero. Just more money to save I suppose :).

Honestly it never appealed to me at all, maybe it's a great game but the fact that you can only shoot forward turns me off completely, i mean i wasn't expecting the next Metal Slug but what the hell!
Bad news anyway.

Prelude.

A first in my journey with a Vita, the Vita version of Volume only unlocks trophies when you're online. I was playing the game and no trophies were popping, even after progressing through level 25 (there's a progression trophy after you finish that).

I went online, tried to play another level and all the trophies I would've unlocked popped during that level. I got in touch with Mike Bithell through Twitter and he replied:

Which is a first, at least for me. I was keeping track of the trophy to know I'd unlock the 25% text trophy before the 25% core levels trophy, but since I unlocked them after I went online during level 27, I don't know if I missed any previous text. I sent another message asking for some kind of text progression meter, and he replied:

And that's that. If you're playing Volume on Vita, play it online to keep track of your trophies as you go.
That sounds like a weird take on the "increase GPU clock speed by turning off wifi" trick.
Maybe it's a new thing from the recent performance upgrade, it's JAW so I assume they know what they're doing on Vita.

No official banner or sale page yet but seeing some discounts already. Saw Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger for Vita marked down from $9.99 to $4.00 ($3.00 w/ PS+).

edit: Finding more. It's going to be good. Suikoden (first one) finally on sale real cheap. Final Fantasy VII. FF Tactics. Wild Arms. That's just some of the PS One classics.

m6s0iLo.jpg

Dogchild PS4 - Instead of Dogchild, Sony should have called it Dogturd. This is going to be hard to beat for worst game of 2016. Supposedly a 3D parkour stealth game but fails at every level. The game runs poorly and the horrible graphics run at an uneven framerate that is noticeable and nausea inducing. It hard to figure it which controls worse when you are the douchey dude or the hilariously bad looking dog. The only entertainment could be from streamers making fun of this piece of crap. Sony WTF?

Gameplay video with commentary

IronLich

CoD Ghosts is on sale this week. Is it even worth it at this point? I have Destiny and Hardline if I wanted a multiplayer shooter on my PS4, but I like my flexibility.

18-Volt

That will never be a reality. PS4 port is possibly a PS2 classic as Double Fine lost some of the assets of the original title. They were planning and iOS release as well but scrapped it.

CoD Ghosts is on sale this week. Is it even worth it at this point? I have Destiny and Hardline if I wanted a multiplayer shooter on my PS4, but I like my flexibility.

I liked Ghosts. Single player was not bad. Multiplayer was OK. Better than Advanced Warfare but nowhere as good as Black Ops 3 in my opinion.

EDIT: $20 is not bad for it tho if you have PS+.

batrush

Can't comment on singleplayer because I never touch that portion, but regarding multiplayer, it is arguably the worst of the post-4 COD games. Put those funds toward Black Ops 3. Multiplayer is very good this year.

Everyone complaining about games like Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Infamous etc not being on PS+, they're super cheap right now, just buy them.

Interested in that Escha Plus limited edition but boy the price isn't gonna be pretty.

Edit: $80 haha oh my no.

incpdo

I didn't know there was a jump festa trailer for summon night 6. I need that game. I'm hoping for someone to localize this.

RK128

I didn't know there was a jump festa trailer for summon night 6. I need that game. I'm hoping for someone to localize this.

Bamco will likely bring that over either sometime this fall or as a Early 2017 game. I feel that the US release of Summon Night 5 did okay for a PSP game and I wouldn't be surprised if the localization for that wasn't a push from Bamco to see if the series has a place in western markets.

We will get it :), just might take a while.

Thank you for liking/re-tweeting my tweet man :D! Hopefully it helps convince Sony and Adult Swim Games into releasing Pocket Mortys on Vita :).

Hikami

Yeah I've been playing SN5 and the only problems I have with it are from PSP limitations. SN6 is looking great.

Top Bottom