• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

Takao

Banned
Koei/Omega Force is a company listens to fans. That will increase chances of Vita version.

Still it's Square-enix. A company refused to localize 3DS games and Bravely Default games despite of fan outcry. After the Eidos purchase, they have made themselves believe that western games only love western Eidos stuff (that hamburger slide).

KT wasn't enough to save us from the Scamco overlords. #RIPGundamRebornVita Don't know if they'll be able to save us from SE's western branch.

but if they have that power, pls get team ninja to fix the ui and port the new dissidia to vita

18-Volt

KT wasn't enough to save us from the Scamco overlords. #RIPGundamRebornVita Don't know if they'll be able to save us from SE's western branch.

but if they have that power, pls get team ninja to fix the ui and port the new dissidia to vita

Or were they? Yes we didn't get Gundam or One Piece musous at first but now we're getting every single one of them. We even get one before its Japanese release date. I'd be surprised if DQ Heroes localization wasn't their doing.

I fully expect Dissidia to hit Vita also. I mean, what good could do a PS4 version of Dissidia with no local multiplayer?

Shizuka

Isn't it ironic that the previous Gundam game skipped the Vita, while the next Gundam game will be a Vita exclusive? Bandai Namco has come a long way in just a few years.

cyborg009

Banned
Or were they? Yes we didn't get Gundam or One Piece musous at first but now we're getting every single one of them. We even get one before its Japanese release date. I'd be surprised if DQ Heroes localization wasn't their doing.

I fully expect Dissidia to hit Vita also. I mean, what good could do a PS4 version of Dissidia with no local multiplayer?

Doubt Dissidia comes to Vita.

Chuy

That's a pipe dream and we know it.
I'm right there with you. The new dissidia on vita would be amazing.

Isn't it ironic that the previous Gundam game skipped the Vita, while the next Gundam game will be a Vita exclusive? Bandai Namco has come a long way in just a few years.
Agreed. I'm honestly surprised at the support Bandai is giving the vita recently which makes me happy since more games to enjoy on my vita.

Guys remember type 0 that's all I'm gonna say. It won't happen
After all the things announced also coming to vita i think it's alright to have a small shred of hope at the very least.

sTiTcH AU

Any tips on how to get PSN to download faster?
On my 100/40 connection I seem to be getting very slow speeds. It is at its worst right now downloading an update to BF4 at 200kb/s. My PS4 is the only device in the house with such poor download speeds.

Massa

On my 100/40 connection I seem to be getting very slow speeds. It is at its worst right now downloading an update to BF4 at 200kb/s. My PS4 is the only device in the house with such poor download speeds.

Download a program called namebench on your computer, run it to find alternate DNS servers optimized for your connection. Then set up your PS4 to use one of them instead.

VLiberty

Not sure if this is the proper thread for this but:

I just made a Japanese PSN account and got the Odin Sphere demo.

When I created the account, it asked if I wanted to set this ps4 as my primary. I said no, because I wasn't sure if that would interfere with the fact that this ps4 is set as my primary on my main US account.

Did I do the right thing, or is it safe to have multiple accounts claiming a single PS4 as its primary console?

Not sure if this is the proper thread for this but:

I just made a Japanese PSN account and got the Odin Sphere demo.

When I created the account, it asked if I wanted to set this ps4 as my primary. I said no, because I wasn't sure if that would interfere with the fact that this ps4 is set as my primary on my main US account.

Did I do the right thing, or is it safe to have multiple accounts claiming a single PS4 as its primary console?

Every account can have your PS4 as the primary console, it has no negative effects. In fact, if you want to play games from other accounts on your main account, you have to set it up like that. You just can't have multiple primary PS4s for a single account.

Every account can have your PS4 as the primary console, it has no negative effects. In fact, if you want to play games from other accounts on your main account, you have to set it up like that. You just can't have multiple primary PS4s for a single account.

Got it, thank you. That's what I was hoping for.

Jameson

Does anyone know if Gravity Rush remaster is an amazon exclusive or not? seems to be the only retailer to be taking preorders atm.

incpdo

That's a pipe dream and we know it.
I'm right there with you. The new dissidia on vita would be amazing.

Agreed. I'm honestly surprised at the support Bandai is giving the vita recently which makes me happy since more games to enjoy on my vita.

After all the things announced also coming to vita i think it's alright to have a small shred of hope at the very least.
Yeah but dissidia wasn't announced for Vita and to do a downport from a game not announced for this console its a really narrow possibility. If you are saying that you hope all Japanese square enix final fantasy related games to come to NA I would say it is really possible because the games will come to Japan anyway and the Vita versions will exist.

Prelude.

Yeah but dissidia wasn't announced for Vita and to do a downport from a game not announced for this console its a really narrow possibility. If you are saying that you hope all Japanese square enix final fantasy related games to come to NA I would say it is really possible because the games will come to Japan anyway and the Vita versions will exist.
You just have to wait for Dissidia Heroes 2, announced 1 month after Dissidia comes out.

https://twitter.com/GameCoder_Team/status/685608620898172930

I read it as "PS4 comes on the 19th, Vita in February with PSTV support". But it might also be "PS4 and Vita on the 19th, PSTV support in February".

Nah, they've quoted the PS Lifestyle article, so I think they were just wrong with what they reported.

So Vita version later. I'd be happy if it made that Feb release date given how much the Vita versions usually get delayed!

Also, speaking of late Vita versions:

https://twitter.com/OddworldInc/status/685755115207311360

Oddworld New 'n' Tasty has gone gold on Vita.

Takao

Banned

KT's studios developed them, but other publishers own the games. That's why Gundam Reborn and One Piece PW2 got their Vita versions dumped despite KT's western branches being pretty good to the platform. Bandai Namco's western branches weren't interested in doing them, so they didn't get done. The same could theoretically happen to DQH2 given the way SE's western branches treat Vita.

Technically, Dissidia hasn't officially been announced for PS4, even if they've said the arcade version runs on it lol.

Hardwiring to a LAN cable is what worked best for me. I know that isn't possible for everyone.

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me with this issue I'm having. I've been searching around but I can't find a single person that's had this problem.

It happened on New Year's Eve, after I had brought my PS4 to my mothers house when me and my friends went over to visit(and steal pizza).
After hooking my ps4 up, I had some issues connecting to PSN. After a while of playing, I noticed it was showing my brother PSN ID and avatar on the main screen. I thought I might have selected the wrong user, so I went to go switch users, and instead of seeing mine, there was just 2 copies of my brother profile. After logging into them both, I realized one of them is definitely mine, but using the wrong name and avatar. I eventually managed to connect to PSN, and it seemed to fix the issues.

But then I noticed it still displayed my brother PSN name when hovering over the profile icon, but it showed the correct name when I selected it.
And today I went to go play destiny, and it's displaying the wrong PSN ID on the character screen, and the screen showing all the people in the current game, so it seems everyone is seeing me as the wrong name.

I've tried restoring licenses and rebuilding the database, and signing out and back in, but nothing seems to fully fix the issue.

Any suggestions?

18-Volt

You shouldn't underestimate Koei Tecmo, they are really good at downporting. Most of their Vita port jobs are fantastic (except Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, I don't know what happened with it).

I'm pretty sure that Dissdia will be on an handheld, whether it is on Vita or NX. Though chances are better on NX.

Ambitious

I wish it was possible to connect the PS4's Capture Gallery with Dropbox so that all screenshots would automatically be uploaded.

Benedict

Having some memory card problems on the Vita.
I started Dragon's Crown for the first time in several months.
First time it started but only showed a black screen for several minutes so I closed the game.
Second try and it said that the game was corrupted.
So I tried to delete the game. But got message that I could not do that.
I restarted my Vita and the bubble then showed up as white but I could remove it.
Went to the store to download the game again but it said that there was not enough room on the memory card.
The game took up about 1700 mb, but when I checked System Information it said that there only was 740 mb left. Which I think was the same before I deleted the game.
I'm afraid th

Soo.... is my memory card about to stop working?
Or can I fix this somehow?

Having some memory card problems on the Vita.
I started Dragon's Crown for the first time in several months.
First time it started but only showed a black screen for several minutes so I closed the game.
Second try and it said that the game was corrupted.
So I tried to delete the game. But got message that I could not do that.
I restarted my Vita and the bubble then showed up as white but I could remove it.
Went to the store to download the game again but it said that there was not enough room on the memory card.
The game took up about 1700 mb, but when I checked System Information it said that there only was 740 mb left. Which I think was the same before I deleted the game.
I'm afraid th

Soo.... is my memory card about to stop working?
Or can I fix this somehow?
Boot into safe mode (right trigger + PS button + power from completely off) and rebuild the database.

I wish it was possible to connect the PS4's Capture Gallery with Dropbox so that all screenshots would automatically be uploaded.

This would be cool. Or just some way for cloud sync on a playstation website. Using a USB stick with sneakernet feels like I am using a floppy disc in the 90's. I guess you can do some Twitter/Facebook thing but I am not doing that crap. That is worse.

Benedict

Boot into safe mode (right trigger + PS button + power from completely off) and rebuild the database.

I have and after got a message I had over 100 apps so I'm moved some of them into folders.
Still no sight of Demon's Crown and the missing MBs.

These are the errors I had:
c1-11843-7 The file is corrupt
c1-2764-9 Could not delete this content
c2-12472-6 The file is corrupt
c2-13208-4 Could not download. There is not enough free space on the memory card...
C1-2741-4 An error has occurred

kunnikuman

Neo Member

Ah yes, praise the Koei Tecmo lords that publishes mostly in digital for vita because they have no confidence it will sell, recently skipped Vita version of Nobunaga (and
one of HD remastef) and will be skipping more upcoming games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Honestly i would prefer an improved port of Dissidia 012 with better textures and maybe some new content, i dunno the new one doesn't look "right", also the lack of many characters + the fact it's an arcade game make me think it will lack all the content of Dissidia 012.

VLiberty

Nah, they've quoted the PS Lifestyle article, so I think they were just wrong with what they reported.

So Vita version later. I'd be happy if it made that Feb release date given how much the Vita versions usually get delayed!

Also, speaking of late Vita versions:

https://twitter.com/OddworldInc/status/685755115207311360

Oddworld New 'n' Tasty has gone gold on Vita.
Thought the same. One month delay is not even that bad, although the game was announced much earlier on vita than ps4...oh well, still better than no game at all.

Finally, Oddworld!

I have and after got a message I had over 100 apps so I'm moved some of them into folders.
Still no sight of Demon's Crown and the missing MBs.

These are the errors I had:
c1-11843-7 The file is corrupt
c1-2764-9 Could not delete this content
c2-12472-6 The file is corrupt
c2-13208-4 Could not download. There is not enough free space on the memory card...
C1-2741-4 An error has occurred

You're probably going to have to back up your games (individually) and then format and resync them. The OS probably doesn't know how to deal with the corrupt data. :/

Ah yes, praise the Koei Tecmo lords that publishes mostly in digital for vita because they have no confidence it will sell, recently skipped Vita version of Nobunaga (and one of HD remastef) and will be skipping more upcoming games.

Really, it's come to this? Unless a company releases physical versions of their games on Vita then we dismiss their support?

RK128

Ah yes, praise the Koei Tecmo lords that publishes mostly in digital for vita because they have no confidence it will sell, recently skipped Vita version of Nobunaga (and
one of HD remastef) and will be skipping more upcoming games.

Having retail runs of every single Vita release is expensive and while publishers could have a short retail run for titles, its more cost effective to have retail PS4, digital Vita.

Its not all bad though, as publishers could have retail runs in Asia/Japan with English Subs, so we could import if we really want retail copies.

I didn't know Vita versions of upcoming games were scrapped but it could be like Azure of Night, were the publisher is hesitant to localize the Vita version when its the 'worst' version. I don't like that at all, but I understand why that is the case.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
Having retail runs of every single Vita release is expensive and while publishers could have a short retail run for titles, its more cost effective to have retail PS4, digital Vita.

Its not all bad though, as publishers could have retail runs in Asia/Japan with English Subs, so we could import if we really want retail copies.

I didn't know Vita versions of upcoming games were scrapped but it could be like Azure of Night, were the publisher is hesitant to localize the Vita version when its the 'worst' version. I don't like that at all, but I understand why that is the case.
So Vita retail is expensive but PS4 isn't? (based on nonsense) And more cost effective because…?
Also worst version? You havent seen Dynasty Warriors 8XL or Empires but whatever the reason, you'll understand them. Actually by your logic, every Vita version are the worst version.

Prelude.

PS4 games sell more

shocking to hear, I know
Not really. Not every game. Toukiden sold a lot more on Vita than PS4. And also pretty much every "niche" PS3 multi plat.
If you put people in a position where buying a Vita copy is disadvantageous, they'll gravitate towards the PS4, it's simple.
Most of the digital-only pubs created an unfavorable climate themselves.

RK128

So Vita retail is expensive but PS4 isn't? (based on nonsense) And more cost effective because…?
Also worst version? You havent seen Dynasty Warriors 8XL or Empires but whatever the reason, you'll understand them. Actually by your logic, every Vita version are the worst version.

Will list my response in bullet format:
-PS4 isn't expensive due to PS4 versions selling better then the Vita version most of the time
-Digital is where most Vita software sales reside; take a look at the Top 10 on the Vita store where many games like SAO Hollow Fragment land, despite having no retail version
-I said 'could' be worse version, not they worse version. Use Azure of Night as an example due to no Vita version coming but it not running as well compared to PS3/PS4 versions (still want that to come over)
-Most Vita ports are solid and well done, just made a hypothetical example with Azure of Night that SOME Vita ports aren't good, so the publisher pushes retail on PS4 harder to highlight the 'better' version.

Sorry if you hate my points and I'm sorry to bother you.

Prelude.

-Digital is where most Vita software sales reside; take a look at the Top 10 on the Vita store where many games like SAO Hollow Fragment land, despite having no retail version
No? Digital games aren't selling more than physical, come on.
SAO sold a lot because exactly because there's no alternative.

RK128

No? Digital games aren't selling more than physical, come on.
SAO sold a lot because exactly because there's no alternative.

Good point :l.

Will say out of this discussion as clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about :(. Sorry everyone.

Will say out of this discussion as clearly I have no idea what I'm talking about :(. Sorry everyone.

Don't feel bad, everyone makes mistakes. It's a good idea to stay out of these discussions in general because some people are way too emotionally invested.
I'll do the same.

Prelude.

sources would be great if you make bold claims like this
Do we have to do this every time?
According to Zhuge Toukiden Vita sold 80k in the west (many months ago, don't know the timeframe) and KT was also happy with it, on the other hand Kiwami bombed more or less on both.
If you want statistically relevant data you can also check how many owners Vanilla on Vita and Kiwami on both have on psnprofiles.

The digital ratio is good but there's no traditional console where digital sales are higher than physical, making games digital only is extremely limiting in terms of potential buyers.

Do we have to do this every time?
According to Zhuge Toukiden Vita sold 80k in the west (many months ago, don't know the timeframe) and KT was also happy with it, on the other hand Kiwami bombed more or less on both.
If you want statistically relevant data you can also check how many owners Vanilla on Vita and Kiwami on both have on psnprofiles.

So Kiwami bombed. That is a completely different story. The game also released in the same week as fucking Bloodborne
I was also more talking about your other claim.

Not really. Not every game. Toukiden sold a lot more on Vita than PS4. And also pretty much every "niche" PS3 multi plat.

Do you have a source on any of that? Because I'd have to do some digging, but I'm pretty sure Chin from Tecmo Koei Europe said that Toukiden PS4 sold more at retail than the Vita version (and those sales still weren't enough for them to consider it a success).

Edit: Lol, just noticed the post above since I was writing this!

Prelude.

So Kiwami bombed. That is a completely different story. I was also more talking about your other claim.
For multiplats? Again, check those owners on psnprofiles, it's tracking 2.5m users so it's a statistically valid tool in terms of ratio split. (not actual owners)
So Kiwami bombed. That is a completely different story
And why is that? Vita owners already bought the game so it's expected that many wouldn't double dip. Apparently the brand new audience on PS4 never cared though so while being on 2 platforms it didn't manage to sell nearly as much as Vanilla, which was Vita exclusive.

Top Bottom