• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

incpdo

Yeah I've been playing SN5 and the only problems I have with it are from PSP limitations. SN6 is looking great.
Yes it's looking awesome . I cannot wait!!
Totp recommendation: play gravity rush, buy blaz blue chronno phantasma, such an underrated gem , wait for bloodstained, preorder any major Vita titles you might buy, show support.

RK128

Yeah I've been playing SN5 and the only problems I have with it are from PSP limitations. SN6 is looking great.

After writing my review for the game (should be up on the Vita Lounge sometime this week), I really enjoyed the game too Hikami :).

Despite it being too hard at points, loved the cast, world and presentation of the game. Hoping we get Summon Night 6 this fall or sometime next year in the west.

Edit: Noticed Tearaway Vita was on sale and had to make this post :).

Saw Tearaway on the store (Vita version) for 9 bucks.....every Vita owner on Gaf should consider checking it out at that price :).

It has its issues (too easy, not enough platforming until the end) but I loved my time with the game in 2013; was my GOTY that year.

Wrote a very, very long impressions post on a wordpress for the game, and its way to big to paste here XD! Here is the link: https://rk564.wordpress.com/2015/12/30/reflection-tearaway-ps-vita/

"Lets talk about Tearaway. This is a 2013 title released on the PlayStation Vita in November 2013. This game was developed by Media Molecule, developers behind the LittleBigPlanet series. Considering that background, they make creative games that offer lots of level designing and creative aspects. But they are more or less creative tool sets with the game part being secondary (though still strong).

With Tearaway, I get the impression they wanted to blend both those elements but in a stronger fashion; you still create in the world but the gameplay itself is focused on core elements, mechanics and features. Creativity caries the game, but not the driving force.

Tearaway in many aspects, feels like a great Nintendo game to me. The world, the character designs, the music, and the creative elements; it screams Nintendo. And that must be a factor to why I love the game so much, as I grew up playing Mario and Kirby.

Going into the gameplay, it is a mixture of LBP creative elements but also more in line with a game like Banjo Kazooie or Mario 64. Its core gameplay mirrors those 3D platformers; you run around, jump around and collect everything in sight. The difference is that unlike those great platformers, platforming isn’t the major focus.

Like how LBP has the skeleton of a 2D platformer but it was more of a creative tool set, Tearaway has the skin of a 3D platformer but its core mirrors adventure games. You complete simple tasks, take pictures, draw objects and more to solve the NPC’s problems and that is what pushes the game forward. The game does have platforming and by the final world things kick into high gear with more challenging level designs but that isn’t the focus with Tearaway. Its about interacting with the paper world around you and to be honest, I’m glad the game focuses on its strongest aspect.

The way you interact with the world is through using the PS Vita as a tool; you draw using the touch screen, bound on drums using the rear touch pad, take pictures with the camera and the blow/speak into the speaker to control wind.

These elements sound gimmicky, but they are not. They feel natural and intuitive. The game accomplishing this when many other Vita games failed at this aspect is not only impressive, but allows the game to define the Vita.

Vita is mainly used for JRPG’s and other games from Japan, with the odd indie game here and there, but Tearaway shows what the system itself could do; its important to the system’s identity I feel.

The games visuals and music is nothing like any other game. Games like South Park: The Stick of Truth and the Paper Mario series explore paper worlds but nothing on the level of Tearaway. Every part of the world is made of paper; the water has paper ripples when you jump on it, paper sticking out sinks into the ground when you walk on it and even parts of the world move around when you press a button or move the analog stick. It creates this living place and the fact it looks so polished & clean on the Vita screen makes it pop."

incpdo

After writing my review for the game (should be up on the Vita Lounge sometime this week), I really enjoyed the game too Hikami :).

Despite it being too hard at points, loved the cast, world and presentation of the game. Hoping we get Summon Night 6 this fall or sometime next year in the west.

Edit: Noticed Tearaway Vita was on sale and had to make this post :).
How long is summon night 5? I'm not really convinced about being a Psp title only.

Khronico

Man I haven't been able to access the PSN store on my vita for a while now without erroring out of most functions. It's basically unusable 75% of the time. Is this a known thing or is it just my Vita?

Heck, I can't even download anything from the store, it gives me a NP-2245-3 error every time. I can't even get the 'download to vita' function to work, my vita never even gets the queue.

RK128

How long is summon night 5? I'm not really convinced about being a Psp title only.

Its a very long game man :).

If you play through it once, it can last 30-40 hours in length but with missions to complete, multiple story related events (character options with male/female MC's, one of four optional crosses, ect) and two difficulty modes, there is a lot to sink into with the game :D.

Note that it is very hard, as got stuck at a lot of places :(. But it is rewarding to be a really difficult section with few units dying :).

Clive

Funny how last year, three out of the top 5 "Vita RPGs" were PSP games. Summon Night 5, Brandish and Trails SC were all top notch. We also still don't have a decent Vita SRPG so Summon Night 5 hit the spot.

RK128

Funny how last year, three out of the top 5 "Vita RPGs" were PSP games. Summon Night 5, Brandish and Trails SC were all top notch. We also still don't have a decent Vita SRPG so Summon Night 5 hit the spot.

We got the Norie SRPG (Neptuina series) and that was reportedly okay :). But you bring up a good point; Summon Night really stretches that itch :D.

I originally put this in one of the drafts of the review of Summon Night but I compared it to FE and Advance Wars; two really great SRPGs :).

Except for Natural Doctrine, Tokyo Twilight ghosthunters and Lost dimension ;)

Edit:what we need is XCOM!

ryseing

CoD Ghosts is on sale this week. Is it even worth it at this point? I have Destiny and Hardline if I wanted a multiplayer shooter on my PS4, but I like my flexibility.

No. It's shit. Literally no redeeming factors whatsoever. If you want a cheaper CoD get AW.

A few noteworthy things happened today:
-Not a Hero got scrapped for Vita :'(

Some good stuff happened but its a shame we lost another indie Vita port with Not a Hero. Just more money to save I suppose :).

Boo. Was legitimately looking forward to this one. Looked like a game that was ticking all of my boxes.

Will have to play on PS4 I suppose.

Everyone complaining about games like Black Flag, Watch Dogs, Infamous etc not being on PS+, they're super cheap right now, just buy them.

I think it's a principle thing for some people. Same reason I still haven't bought Knack. That being said, Black Flag and WD are both very good games and worth every penny of their sales prices.

RK128

Nights of Azure PS4 Limited Edition is up for pre-order.

http://store.nisamerica.com/nights-of-azure-limited-edition

Looks like we really won't get a Vita version.

Then no sale from me then. I get why they don't want to bring over the Vita version (bad performance and Gust is too busy) but still, commission another studio to port the game over or something.

If the game gets a latter Vita release (like Ar No Surge got with its plus edition a year after the PS3 version came out in JP), then cool, will get that :). Otherwise, hope people like it but will treat it like I am viewing Gravity Rush 2, refusing to buy it out of protest.

Stupid, spiteful, dumb, whatever :l. My personal view point on that matter and will stick to it.

Then no sale from me then. I get why they don't want to bring over the Vita version (bad performance and Gust is too busy) but still, commission another studio to port the game over or something.

If the game gets a latter Vita release (like Ar No Surge got with its plus edition a year after the PS3 version came out in JP), then cool, will get that :). Otherwise, hope people like it but will treat it like I am viewing Gravity Rush 2, refusing to buy it out of protest.

Stupid, spiteful, dumb, whatever :l. My personal view point on that matter and will stick to it.

Why would you ever refuse to buy Gravity Rush 2 out of protest that makes no sense.

RK128

Why would you ever refuse to buy Gravity Rush 2 out of protest that makes no sense.

Its a sequel that should of been on Vita AND PS4, not only PS4. The Vita's exclusives are many but from Sony? The new IPs they created on Vita are great (Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars) and should of grown as Vita IP. But Tearaway was forced into becoming a PS4 game with Unfolded and while that was a great game, it bombed harder on PS4. So the idea of porting it to get more profit was a waste and a Vita exclusive lost.

Gravity Rush Remastered and 2's announcement outright angered me; showed that Sony really doesn't care about the Vita as a major platform for future AAA or AA projects. I get why (Vita isn't selling great) but it still bites when the Wii U is getting strong Nintendo support despite that bombing hard (3D World, Bayonetta series, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade X, ect).

Sorry if it sounds irrational but I refused to get Gravity Rush Remastered or 2 when they come out. Sony pissed me off enough times and that announcement was 'I'm done' point when it came to them. Still want a PS4 for Ratchet, Uncharted and third party stuff (FFXV, KH3, Persona 5, Nier 2, Sonic Anniversary, Rumored Crash Project, ect) but that still doesn't make up for Sony treating the Vita so badly.

Again, irrational thinking but this is one case I feel that I can have the right to be bitter about.

AmanoBuff

Hi everyone,

I'm facing an issue with PSN. I was checking out this week's sales and I saw Tearaway for $8 for Plus members. But the thing is... I already bought Tearaway on release date at full price!!

It's showing as "non-bought" both on the web store and on my Vitas PSN Store. Has this happened to anyone before? Could it be related to the latest issues PSN is facing?

What do you suggest I do? I not sure if just waiting and see if it was just a glitch or if I should contact Sony.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

PS. I'm so bummed to have to wait another five months for Odis Sphere. I was expecting it much sooner. Oh, and the Not a Hero stuff sucks. Developers should fully assess the viability of a port before committing to it.

RK128

Hi everyone,

I'm facing an issue with PSN. I was checking out this week's sales and I saw Tearaway for $8 for Plus members. But the thing is... I already bought Tearaway on release date at full price!!

It's showing as "non-bought" both on the web store and on my Vitas PSN Store. Has this happened to anyone before? Could it be related to the latest issues PSN is facing?

What do you suggest I do? I not sure if just waiting and see if it was just a glitch or if I should contact Sony.

PS. I'm so bummed to have to wait another five months for Odis Sphere. I was expecting it much sooner. Oh, and the Not a Hero stuff sucks. Developers should fully assess the viability of a port before committing to it.

Try signing on PSN tomorrow and try buying Tearaway then. Maybe you have to get rid of the retail bubble off your Vita, then the store will see 'They don't own this' and the download can start.

I never had this issue with Sonic Racing Transformed (traded it in after it came to PS+), so I'm sorry I cannot help you :(.

Hi everyone,

So you're saying you see a price when you've already bought it? Use the download list to see if it thinks you own it that way, as sometimes the storefront doesn't realize what your download list still does.

Have any of y'all been affected by the broken (PS+) auto upload & auto download features for the PS3? Seems they've been broken since just before Christmas, and saves aren't being uploaded, patches aren't being downloaded (nor are games set to download from the download queue), and trophies aren't syncing. Seems to be scattered for now but worldwide and Sony don't' seem to be saying much.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/3zepio/automatic_update_not_working/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33919-automatic-update-not-working/

AmanoBuff

Try signing on PSN tomorrow and try buying Tearaway then. Maybe you have to get rid of the retail bubble off your Vita, then the store will see 'They don't own this' and the download can start.

I never had this issue with Sonic Racing Transformed (traded it in after it came to PS+), so I'm sorry I cannot help you :(.

I only bought it digitally and it is not currently installed in my Vita. I bought it using the Unlock full game option from the demo though. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

So you're saying you see a price when you've already bought it? Use the download list to see if it thinks you own it that way, as sometimes the storefront doesn't realize what your download list still does.

Yes that's exactly the case. I'll definitely check my download list later (have to work now and my dl list is huuuuuuge).

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Will keep you guys updated later.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I only bought it digitally and it is not currently installed in my Vita. I bought it using the Unlock full game option from the demo though. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

Yes that's exactly the case. I'll definitely check my download list later (have to work now and my dl list is huuuuuuge).

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Will keep you guys updated later.
Here's why; you bought it digitaly the first week it came out and that included bonus stuff like the OST and avatars. They took that bundled version down and the one you see on storefront doesn't include these bonuses.

So you'll have to go through your download list to find it.

Benedict

I just bought Dragon Age Inquisition during the Christmas sale....
This new price is ridiculously cheap.
I bought GOTY edition for $19.20 after a 20% discount
Deluxe edition is on sale now for $13.99. What's the difference?

Massa

I just bought Dragon Age Inquisition during the Christmas sale....
This new price is ridiculously cheap.
I bought GOTY edition for $19.20 after a 20% discount
Deluxe edition is on sale now for $13.99. What's the difference?

Deluxe adds some small day 1 extra content. GOTY adds everything, including the season pass.

Benedict

Might be just damage control but in todays update regarding Playstation now, the EU blog states this in the end of the text:

P.S. To those of you outside of the UK, we’re working as hard as we can to extend the service further afield and we’ll have more news for you in the future.

VLiberty

Finally got my Vita cable replacement. It works and somehow it looks better than the original one.

Still can't believe they've stopped production of a proprietary cable so fast, especially considering how fundamentally broken they are. My original cable lasted two years before starting to tear apart, and apparently that's even a long time.

Hopefully it's not going to do any damage to the battery...

Finally got my Vita cable replacement. It works and somehow it looks better than the original one.

Still can't believe they've stopped production of a proprietary cable so fast, especially considering how fundamentally broken they are. My original cable lasted two years before starting to tear apart, and apparently that's even a long time.

I have two originals and yeah the plastic casing quickly came off both. The still work fine tho. They look more bad ass with the metal showing.

Benedict

they stopped making the original cable?
Where can I buy a replacement?

AmanoBuff

Here's why; you bought it digitaly the first week it came out and that included bonus stuff like the OST and avatars. They took that bundled version down and the one you see on storefront doesn't include these bonuses.

So you'll have to go through your download list to find it.

That was it! I looked into my download list and the bundled version I bought is right there. Whoa I got scared for a moment. Thanks for your detailed answer. It was extremely helpful. And thanks to everyone who offered their suggestions.

Benedict

Has there been any reviews or articles about the GTA rereleases on PS4?
I thought I had bought them for PS3 but I can't find them in my download lists or in any of my receipt e-mails.

Massa

Thanks, but I think that will be too expensive with shipping to Sweden and the risk of customs and tax add-ons.

You could import it from China at something like aliexpress, free shipping and actually a bit cheaper... but it may take a couple months to arrive.

autoduelist

Its a sequel that should of been on Vita AND PS4, not only PS4. The Vita's exclusives are many but from Sony? The new IPs they created on Vita are great (Tearaway, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars) and should of grown as Vita IP. But Tearaway was forced into becoming a PS4 game with Unfolded and while that was a great game, it bombed harder on PS4. So the idea of porting it to get more profit was a waste and a Vita exclusive lost.

Gravity Rush Remastered and 2's announcement outright angered me; showed that Sony really doesn't care about the Vita as a major platform for future AAA or AA projects. I get why (Vita isn't selling great) but it still bites when the Wii U is getting strong Nintendo support despite that bombing hard (3D World, Bayonetta series, Wonderful 101, Xenoblade X, ect).

Sorry if it sounds irrational but I refused to get Gravity Rush Remastered or 2 when they come out. Sony pissed me off enough times and that announcement was 'I'm done' point when it came to them. Still want a PS4 for Ratchet, Uncharted and third party stuff (FFXV, KH3, Persona 5, Nier 2, Sonic Anniversary, Rumored Crash Project, ect) but that still doesn't make up for Sony treating the Vita so badly.

Again, irrational thinking but this is one case I feel that I can have the right to be bitter about.

They weren't going to make it for Vita. They've been clear about that for years. The only way we would get it is for PS4.

Take a completely different franchise -- Valkryria Chronicles. That shifted from PS3 to PSP. They don't make these decisions to 'fuck over' the fans, they make these decisions because it makes sense at the time. Will mistakes be made here and there? Sure. But it's not personal.

If you like the franchise, support it. If you don't, don't. But switching from handheld to console is not some affront you should take personally. If you were investing millions of dollars into a project you'd weigh your options carefully too, and might piss off some people with your decisions.

RK128

They weren't going to make it for Vita. They've been clear about that for years. The only way we would get it is for PS4.

Take a completely different franchise -- Valkryria Chronicles. That shifted from PS3 to PSP. They don't make these decisions to 'fuck over' the fans, they make these decisions because it makes sense at the time. Will mistakes be made here and there? Sure. But it's not personal.

If you like the franchise, support it. If you don't, don't. But switching from handheld to console is not some affront you should take personally. If you were investing millions of dollars into a project you'd weigh your options carefully too, and might piss off some people with your decisions.

You are right and I agree. Just bitter about the whole situation, so my thoughts might change with time. Rarely have stupid or irrational thoughts, so I don't mind having this mindset for the Gravity Rush series.

Shizuka

From the Famitsu Top 100, 2015 {2014.12.29 - 2015.12.27} thread:

11. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.592) - 478.478

18. [PSV] God Eater 2: Rage Burst <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.02.19} (¥6.145) - 342.983

32. [PSV] Sword Art Online: Lost Song # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥6.664) - 192.047

37. [PSV] God Eater: Resurrection <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.10.29} (¥5.626) - 164.361

48. [PSV] 3rd Super Robot Wars Z: Tengoku-Hen <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.04.02} (¥7.690) - 130.600

53. [PSV] Tokyo Xanadu # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2015.09.30} (¥6.998) - 123.778

57. [PSV] Persona 4: Dancing All Night # <ACT> (Atlus) {2015.06.25} (¥7.538) - 119.090

58. [PSV] Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.12} (¥7.171) - 115.880

65. [PSV] Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.07.09} (¥6.145) - 102.758

67. [PSV] One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.03.26} (¥7.344) - 97.768

73. [PSV] Pro Baseball Spirits 2015 <SPT> (Konami) {2015.03.26} (¥7.538) - 90.666

91. [PSV] Senran Kagura Estival Versus # <ACT> (Marvelous) {2015.03.26} (¥7.538) - 71.548

93. [PSV] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs-Force <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.12.23} (¥7.344) - 69.985

I'd love to support it :)

ryseing

It's also entirely possible that the scope of GR2 expanded past what the Vita could support. In fact, I'd bet that was the primary reason. Open world games are tough to make.

VinFTW

So, got some vita recommendation needs. Gonna shamelessly cross post because I'm not sure which thread is more populated:

Just got a vita!

Got a bunch of great games from PS+, but here's my current cart of binge purchases:

-P4G
-Danganronpa THH (gonna try 1 before buying any sequels)
-Shovel Knight
-Hotline Miami
-Muramasa Rebirth
-Oreshika: TB

So, thats $94. I only have $100 to spend.

Should I drop any of these and get one or a few of these?:

-Zero Escape: VLR
-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-or anything else?

I'm gonna wait for a price drop for Trials in the Sky: CF and I'm grabbing Gravity Rush:R on PS4.

I have freedom wars and dragons crown already, along with most popular indies on PC

So, got some vita recommendation needs. Gonna shamelessly cross post because I'm not sure which thread is more populated:

Just got a vita!

Got a bunch of great games from PS+, but here's my current cart of binge purchases:

-P4G
-Shovel Knight
-Hotline Miami
-Muramasa Rebirth

-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-or anything else?

I'm gonna wait for a price drop for Trials in the Sky: CF and I'm grabbing Gravity Rush:R on PS4.

I have freedom wars and dragons crown already, along with most popular indies on PC

I wouldn't say that there are games that are good to recommend to everyone. Which type of games do you like, can you name some of your favorite games?

Ventara

Just got a vita!

-P4G
-Shovel Knight
-Hotline Miami
-Muramasa Rebirth

-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-or anything else?

A very good selection. Only thing is I'd say wait for a sale as you probably would be able to get all those for cheaper.

Btw, I don't mean to advertise my wares here, but I'm selling a 20% off NA PSN cart code for $5 if you're interested. You'll save $20 off $100 (well, $15, after paying me).

autoduelist

Trillion's site has been updated, for anyone interested. It's actually my #1 most anticipated localization at the moment:

http://ideafintl.com/trillion/system/?page=shinizama

Also, I tweeted Funbox Media abut Space Hulk Ascension on Vita. They sounded... extremely positive about it, oddly (without confirming it ofc):

https://twitter.com/FunboxMediaLtd/status/687350638850797568

I know the first was a clusterfuck on Vita but the second is supposedly a lot better.

I have Trillion and Stranger of Sword City preordered, but just realized they come out too close together... and SoSC wins, I think.

Can someone recommend another DRPG known to be coming out this year that I can switch my preorder to that isn't coming out within, say, 2 months of SoSC?

pariah164

Just got a vita!
Obligatory:

xjPi6Th.gif
Nice picks for games in your cart right now.

Seeing as you're eyeing VLR, I must PSA a bit and tell you to not even think about touching it until you've played 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors.

The fact you're focusing the first Danganronpa is very good. The proper order is DR 1 > DR 2 > Ultra Despair Girls.

Soul Sacrifice Delta is pretty good if you like action games. If you're into JRPGs, Trails of Cold Steel just came out before Christmas and it's amazing.

Question for VitaGAF, is Rayman Origins worth $10? Only thing on the sale I'm interested in.

Shizuka

I have Trillion and Stranger of Sword City preordered, but just realized they come out too close together... and SoSC wins, I think.

Can someone recommend another DRPG known to be coming out this year that I can switch my preorder to that isn't coming out within, say, 2 months of SoSC?

Not that I know of. Moero Crystal, Ray Gigant and Stranger of Sword City are the only DRPGs announced for 2016 so far. I think we'll get Dungeon Travelers sometime this year as well.

Clive

How are canadians getting Gravity Rush Remastered? Is it DD-only in Canada?

People are still hoping it will come up on Amazon.ca but some have pre-ordered on .com instead. They do ship to Canada in most cases but shipping and import charges are generally $10+ IIRC.

RK128

Just got a vita!

-P4G
-Shovel Knight
-Hotline Miami
-Muramasa Rebirth

-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-or anything else?

Congrats on getting your Vita :D!

Going to list some recommendations for you :).
-Sonic Racing Transformed - Really great kart racer for the Vita and currently 17.99 on NA PSN (with PS+)
-Ar No Surge Plus - Very strong JRPG with interesting story, awesome combat system and some really solid looking visuals. Will need to read this though to be ready for the game, as its prequel never was localized and this is a sequel to that.
-Summon Night 5 - Solid game if you like SRPG's :). It feels like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars to me and will share my review of the game whenever its up on the Vita Lounge in the next few days :D.
-Tearaway - Get this NOW man :D! Its on sale for 7.99 on NA PSN and its one of the systems best games. It was my GOTY for 2013 and I highly recommend it :).
-Sly Cooper Series (4 Thieves in Time & Collection) - They run great on Vita and it is a awesome platforming series.
-Ratchet Collection - Solid port of the original Ratchet trilogy and Going Commando & Up Your Arsenal sit very high on my Games of All Time list, so a portable version of them on Vita....amazing :').
-Sword Art Online Games (Hollow Fragment and Lost Song) - Good action JRPG's that feel different from each other (HF is like Xenobalde Chronicles, while LS is more action-based like say, Kingdom Hearts or something like that). Both strong games that I personally greatly enjoy.

Feel free to PM me if you need anymore advice on Vita games or help man :D.

A very good selection. Only thing is I'd say wait for a sale as you probably would be able to get all those for cheaper.

Yeah most of those games have been on sale and will be on sale again but if you want them get them.

Games that are on sale that I would recommend:
Rayman Origins
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Velocity Ultra
Olliolli
PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Top Bottom