• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

VinFTW

Holy hell GAF

Thanks for the responses!

Gonna wait for PS+ sales going by some of your recommendations. I guess they happen pretty often?

Gonna start with P4G and Danganronpa 1 for now since they're on sale.

My wishlist is PACKED though :p

Ponn

Banned
Hey all, sorry for the probably simple question but has it been confirmed if the Vita version of Cyber Sleuth is going to get any bonuses during the first week? I'm trying to decide if I want to pick up Final Fantasy Explorers but Cyber Sleuth comes out on Feb 2nd. I'm wondering if I should just wait on a sale for Cyber Sleuth Vita but i'd rather support a game like that made it over here by the hair of its chin.

Xenoflare

Hey all, sorry for the probably simple question but has it been confirmed if the Vita version of Cyber Sleuth is going to get any bonuses during the first week? I'm trying to decide if I want to pick up Final Fantasy Explorers but Cyber Sleuth comes out on Feb 2nd. I'm wondering if I should just wait on a sale for Cyber Sleuth Vita but i'd rather support a game like that made it over here by the hair of its chin.

Yes, we do get the assortment of themes and DLC items.

RK128

I'm not sure what the content will be but in JP, you got a Dark Agumon and another Digimon with early prints/day one buys of the game.

So I'm sure that will be the case with the NA and EU launches too :).

quabba

Holy hell GAF

Gonna wait for PS+ sales going by some of your recommendations. I guess they happen pretty often?

Start with Danganronpa because if you like it you can get the sequel while it's on sale.

Pics_nao

Is my PS4 dead or something?

It wouldn't download the new update without giving me an error so I downloaded it and was going to try by stick but when I turn it on all I get is a black screen.

No amount of holding the power button is helping.

Holy hell GAF

You can check psprices.com for previous sales on the titles you're interested in, so you can see how much you might save and estimate about how long you might have to wait for the next sale.

deadfolk

So, got some vita recommendation needs. Gonna shamelessly cross post because I'm not sure which thread is more populated:

Just got a vita!

Got a bunch of great games from PS+, but here's my current cart of binge purchases:

-P4G
-Danganronpa THH (gonna try 1 before buying any sequels)
-Shovel Knight
-Hotline Miami
-Muramasa Rebirth
-Oreshika: TB

So, thats $94. I only have $100 to spend.

Should I drop any of these and get one or a few of these?:

-Zero Escape: VLR
-Soul Sacrifice Delta
-or anything else?

I'm gonna wait for a price drop for Trials in the Sky: CF and I'm grabbing Gravity Rush:R on PS4.

I have freedom wars and dragons crown already, along with most popular indies on PC

I know I'm lttp, but if you've played 9,9,9 you MUST play VLR.

As others have already said, don't even think about it if you haven't.

Olli128

Just got a vita (again) and I'm having an awful time, can't get through a quarter of my download list before getting np-2245-3 PSN errors, random errors when in the store, rubbish search results like final fantasy 50% off that lead to nowhere and freedom wars being under a massive pile of microtransactions. Starting to regret this purchase :(

Ryan95

Finally got my Vita cable replacement. It works and somehow it looks better than the original one.

Still can't believe they've stopped production of a proprietary cable so fast, especially considering how fundamentally broken they are. My original cable lasted two years before starting to tear apart, and apparently that's even a long time.

Hopefully it's not going to do any damage to the battery...
Totally agree. After over 4 years, my cable is starting to break, and I couldn't find a new one at any electronics store in my city (neither original nor unofficial). I found a dupe in a Chinese store selling all sort of things, and this was the least place I expected to find it lol. I still haven't tried it, but from a first look, it already seems far more solid than Sony's

RK128

Been playing more of my backlog and a few games I got on sale, with the big one being Ar No Surge.

Ever since I saw this being hyped on Vita Gaf I wanted to play this, with the OST's for this & Ciel No Surge plus the latter games story being soo good pushing me to get the game. It was pricey and I didn't want to spend 40 bucks on a digital game (at the time, had no issue getting Ratchet Collection and Hollow Fragment at full price). Due to the Winter sale and this being 20 bucks, I had to get this :D!

Played a good bit of this before focusing on Summon Night but now that I'm back, I really like a lot of elements to the game.

You have the combat system, which I find to be great. Its like the Mario RPG games but with Battle Network like elements to them; you press buttons to do damage real-time but like Battle Network, you have X amount of a move. You an do 'breaks' which re-set your move amount and can do more attacks in addition to a powerful 'Song' attack which can kill entire waves of foes.

Wish the battle system was more common but you can re-do battles a lot if you like, so that's cool with me :). One of the few times I look forward to fights in a JRPG, so that was a surprise :D!

The story is great and I love how much dialog the game has. It leads to the game world, well, feeling alive. I want to follow Delta and Casey's story and see where it goes, I want to talk to all the characters multiple times to see the new dialog options that open up and I want to do the Gemoetric's not just for powerful Song Magic, but to experience new story elements.

The amount of Story content here is massive and impressive. The fact most of the story is voiced in JP is impressive to me too.

Presentation is strong, with the game looking very clean at native res with the audio having great quality. Character models and animations look great too but the frame rate isn't the best; can dip a lot at points. Not a deal breaker at all, considering they more or less perfectly ported a PS3 game here, I had no issue.

Overall, really love this game so far and I can't wait to play more :D!

Also been playing Bastion, the Crash Trilogy, and latter some Plus games (Grim Fandango will be on my Vita when I'm done with a game....big game at 3GB XD!).

Shizuka

This should be up-to-date with limited english releases around the globe, lemme know if I'm missing anything
and if anyone wants to copy the list, please give due credits
:

Japanese games:

- Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Europe, Asia);
- J-Stars Victory+ (Europe, Asia);
- One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Europe, Asia);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment (Asia);
- Gundam Extreme VS Force (Asia);
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Asia);

- Deception IV: Nightmare Princess (Asia);
- Samurai Warriors 4-II (Asia);
- Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (Asia);

- Soul Sacrifice Delta (Asia);
- Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Asia);

- Moe Chronicle (Asia);
- Moe Crystal (Asia);

- New Little King's Story (Europe, Asia);

- Dokuro (Asia, Japan);

- Final Fantasy X-2 HD (Asia);

- Orgarhythm (Asia, Japan);

- Resident Evil Revelations 2 (Asia);

- Deemo: The Last Recital (Asia);

- Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution 2+ (Asia).

Western games:

- Hotline Miami: Collected Edition (Japan);
- Playstation Vita Pets (Europe);
- Football Manager 14 (Europe);
- Ratchet and Clank Trilogy (Europe);
- PQube racing games / MotoGP, MXGP (Europe);
- Invizimals (Europe);
- The Muppets Movie Adventure (Europe);
- Space Hulk (Europe);
- Minecraft (Europe, Asia);
- MLB 2015 (Asia).

Limited prints:

- Retro City Rampage DX (Fangamer);

- The Firefly Diary (NISA Online Store, Asia);
- Ar nosurge Plus (NISA Online Store);
- Atelier Escha & Logy Plus (NISA Online Store);

- Breach & Clear (Limited Run Games)
- Saturday Morning RPG (Limited Run Games).

RK128

This should be up-to-date with limited english releases around the globe, lemme know if I'm missing anything
and if anyone wants to copy the list, please give due credits
:

Thank you for doing this :). Will be very helpful to people who prefer having games physically.

RK128

https://twitter.com/OddworldInc/status/687712018007220225

Seems like a great port. I was pretty disappointed after playing it since they made some questionable design choices compared to the original, but I'll gladly replay it on Vita trying to get all the mudokons.

Never played the originals, so what is the issue with this version? Looking forward to playing this when it comes out on Vita, so very excited about the port looking so great :D!

Prelude.

Never played the originals, so what is the issue with this version? Looking forward to playing this when it comes out on Vita, so very excited about the port looking so great :D!
If you didn't play it you're not gonna have most of my issues, then.
It's summed up pretty well in this video (although some of his points are a little silly, like the ads for the indie games) but it's mostly about the fact that the original philosophy behind the aesthetics of the game is completely gone in the remake and they opted for a dumb "shiny and pretty is better" approach. And also the transition to 3D made the game worse in a lot of ways.
Watch it after you played it, obviously.

The only "bad" thing about the original is that it's absolutely brutal because it doesn't have the quick save function they added to the sequel so if you're gonna play it, it's recommended to do it on an emulator even if it's gonna look pretty bad compared to, for example, playing it on Vita.

Also, they fixed the stupid control scheme by making it similar to the original one so that's not a problem anymore.

RK128

If you didn't play it you're not gonna have most of my issues, then.
It's summed up pretty well in this video (although some of his points are a little silly, like the ads for the indie games) but it's mostly about the fact that the original philosophy behind the aesthetics of the game is completely gone in the remake and they opted for a dumb "shiny and pretty is better" approach. And also the transition to 3D made the game worse in a lot of ways.
Watch it after you played it, obviously.

The only "bad" thing about the original is that it's absolutely brutal because it doesn't have the quick save function they added to the sequel so if you're gonna play it, it's recommended to do it on an emulator even if it's gonna look pretty bad compared to, for example, playing it on Vita.

Also, they fixed the stupid control scheme by making it similar to the original one so that's not a problem anymore.

Thank you for the heads up, as its always good to know the issues/flaws of games before you play them.

Never thought the original was bad, as it is a classic :). Looking forward to playing it and thank you for your feedback man :D.

Prelude.

Thank you for the heads up, as its always good to know the issues/flaws of games before you play them.

Never thought the original was bad, as it is a classic :). Looking forward to playing it and thank you for your feedback man :D.
The original is great, that's why the remake is disappointing.
It's just very hard.

Xenoflare

Oh snap we get themes too. Wait, is the themes for PS4, because im getting the vita version. Because, you know, Vita means lifemon

Yes, the themes are for the vita, I assumed you meant the vita version in the first place

Edit: woohoo just got the notice that I'm getting my 64GB card in February

Tizoc

Where's the cheapst to get Gundam Extreme vs. Asia Eng. version atm? I may get it from Play asia since I have a $5 off coupon :X

Takao

Banned

It's a first month bonus:

tumblr_nzifaythyq1tw7l9eo1_1280.jpg

pariah164

I would get Cyber Sleuth if FE Fates weren't coming out the same month. Definitely on my 'To Get' list for the future though.

Markiss614

Have any of y'all been affected by the broken (PS+) auto upload & auto download features for the PS3? Seems they've been broken since just before Christmas, and saves aren't being uploaded, patches aren't being downloaded (nor are games set to download from the download queue), and trophies aren't syncing. Seems to be scattered for now but worldwide and Sony don't' seem to be saying much.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/3zepio/automatic_update_not_working/

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33919-automatic-update-not-working/

PlayStation UK Support confirmed the issue and are investigating.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-Support/Save-data-auto-upload-issues-PS3/m-p/23949632
12/01/2016 - 09:15

Hi everyone,

This has now been reported the relevant team and is being investigated. If you are experiencing this issue please use this thread to report it, and I will post an update as soon as I receive any news.

If you happen to receive any error codes relating to the upload/download issue, please take a screenshot and post it in your reply.

Many thanks,
KG

For anyone whos not aware, PlayStation Plus Automatic Uploads / Automatic Downloads / Automatic Trophy Sync have not been working on the PS3 since sometime in Mid-December.

VLiberty

PlayStation UK Support confirmed the issue and are investigating.
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS3-Support/Save-data-auto-upload-issues-PS3/m-p/23949632

For anyone whos not aware, PlayStation Plus Automatic Uploads / Automatic Downloads / Automatic Trophy Sync have not been working on the PS3 since sometime in Mid-December.

Yeah I'm having problems as well. Hopefully they manage to solve the issues, I use it a lot especially for automatic cloud saves upload.

It pairs up with the daily cancelations

yes, I'm salty. I'll eventually get over it, unless other games I'm really looking forward to get axed. which is not unlikely at all
It has been a roller coaster ride more than usual lately, that's for sure :)

Saphirax

18 minutes of Grand Kingdom gameplay

The OST is going to be so good.

And here's what the game looks like:

It pairs up with the daily cancelations

yes, I'm salty. I'll eventually get over it, unless other games I'm really looking forward to get axed. which is not unlikely at all

New game for every cancellation! :p
It's rather unfortunate that the Vita versions of some indie games didn't pan out. Maybe devs shouldn't announce a Vita version until they know what they're getting themselves into.

autoduelist

Gravity Rush 2 was originally in development for Vita.

Doesn't really matter to the point I was making. The likelihood of it ever coming out for vita was slim to none. They say they considered it but early in development decided the scope was too big...well, early in development could mean while they were still doing art mockups and coming up with the name. I find it doubtful it ever grew to any sort of life on Vita, since they've been pretty darn clear about their stance on creating content for Vita. In 2016, it was PS4 or nothing imo. It's a shame, sure, I guess... but it's not some sort of betrayal. It's got a better chance to have some sort of VR element than be for Vita.

Top Bottom