• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

Glad Grand Kingdom is coming. That was one of the list of "I think this'll happen" that has been finally announced.

We're definitely in the era of PS4/Vita games coming over though, huh? Makes me slightly wary for the remaining Vita exclusives.

Still, will buy.

TOTP: Pre-order Trillion: God of Destruction!

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Banned Game 1
Monster Monpiece
is getting a sequel with the subtitle Naked lol, it's f2p for mobile though.

About cancellations and announcements honestly i would gladly sacrifice a game like Not a Hero for a game like Grand Kingdom without thinking twice, Not a Hero doesn't look like a good game to me, obviously having both would have been better though.

Saphirax

Seems like we have a bunch of releases slated for this summer: *

God Eater:R and GE 2, Odin's sphere, Grand Kingdom. Then there's Persona 5 (lol) and possibly Cold Steel 2. Maybe this summer won't be (personally) a gaming wasteland after all :p.

* Europe and Australia not included for some of the releases.

Seems like we have a bunch of releases slated for this summer.

God Eater:R and GE 2, Odin's sphere, Grand Kingdom. Then there's Persona 5 (lol) and possibly Cold Steel 2. Maybe this summer won't be (personally) a gaming wasteland after all :p.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Persona in the Summer, in the west I mean. Cold Steel 2 however, maybe. There's also FFXV. And I still think SMTIVFinal will be announced and drop around August/September.

I'm expecting this summer to be like last summer for me. I catch up on my Vita backlog and buy a few of the localizations that come out.

Last year it was Nep U/Lost Dimension over the summer, this year is looking like Grand Kingdom and whatever else is going to be announced or gets scheduled for summer (not a God Eater fan).

Saphirax

I wouldn't hold my breath for Persona in the Summer, in the west I mean. Cold Steel 2 however, maybe. There's also FFXV. And I still think SMTIVFinal will be announced and drop around August/September.

It's a possibility that Persona 5 releases at the same time in both Japan and US. Or in the US shortly after Japan. I also hope we get CS2 before fall, possibly early summer. Playing the first one right now and enjoying it.

I remember the poll SE did about XV releasing near P5 - that would be quite something.

It's a possibility that Persona 5 releases at the same time in both Japan and US. Or in the US shortly after Japan. I also hope we get CS2 before fall, possibly early summer. Playing the first one right now and enjoying it.

I remember the poll SE did about XV releasing near P5 - that would be quite something.

Let's not forget Bravely Second as well, which is getting a demo in February in EU so a Summer release wouldn't be unlikely. Star Ocean? This is the year in which either you do nothing with your life, make your bank account explode and just play, or you have to be super selective about what you want. Each of the games we mentioned are super long and would be enough to last me at least 2 months. I'm not even talking about the Spring which is loaded as well.

Saphirax

Let's not forget Bravely Second as well, which is getting a demo in February in EU so a Summer release wouldn't be unlikely. Star Ocean? This is the year in which either you do nothing with your life, make your bank account explode and just play, or you have to be super selective about what you want. Each of the games we mentioned are super long and would be enough to last me at least 2 months. I'm not even talking about the Spring which is loaded as well.

Oh man. I don't follow 3DS releases, but this year is going to be a JRPG overkill (not that I mind).

Hopefully we won't have to wait long for Star Ocean and Setsuna. Also, we could be getting God Wars this summer too since Root Letter is a spring release.

So many releases, so little time D:.

Edit: Welp, I completely forgot Fairy Fencer F:ADF and The Witch and the Hundred Knight are out this spring as well. Screw time, gimme money :p.

Bravely Second is coming to EU on Feb 26th

Oh man. I don't follow 3DS releases, but this year is going to be a JRPG overkill (not that I mind).

Hopefully we won't have to wait long for Star Ocean and Setsuna. Also, we could be getting God Wars this summer too since Root Letter is a spring release.

So many releases, so little time D:.

Edit: Welp, I completely forgot Fairy Fencer F:DA and The Witch and the Hundred Knight are out this spring as well. Screw time, gimme money :p.

VLR3 how could we forget that one?

Bravely Second is coming to EU on Feb 26th

Yeah but if it's anything like Default the US will only get it around July or August.

Saphirax

VLR3 how could we forget that one?

Yeah but if it's anything like Default the US will only get it around July or August.

Bollocks! I can't keep up with all the game releases (loved 999 and VLR). I'll have to make a list so I don't keep forgetting the games that are coming out and that I want.

Bollocks! I can't keep up with all the game releases (loved 999 and VLR). I'll have to make a list so I don't keep forgetting the games that are coming out and that I want.

Same here. I'm gonna be busy doing co-op full-time in the Summer so there's no way in hell that I can play all of these. I'll need to sit down, make a list of everything for all my systems and start crossing stuff out. VLR3 and GE are definites for me. Everything else is gonna revolve around these 2 games' release dates

18-Volt

Glad Grand Kingdom is coming. That was one of the list of "I think this'll happen" that has been finally announced.

We're definitely in the era of PS4/Vita games coming over though, huh? Makes me slightly wary for the remaining Vita exclusives.

Still, will buy.

TOTP: Pre-order Trillion: God of Destruction!

Same here. NISA's own games look as interesting as this, especially Night Watch and Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain. Hopefully they'll consider releasing Psn only.

I expect NISA to bring Exist Archive too, though I haven't heard good things about Vita version.

Shizuka

I still think Exist Archive is going to Atlus. NISA is in a tight situation, where all other japanese companies have a relationship with XSEED, Atlus, Aksys, etc, and when NISA's own relationships, like Experience and Spike Chunsoft are moving towards self-publishing.

incpdo

I still think Exist Archive is going to Atlus. NISA is in a tight situation, where all other japanese companies have a relationship with XSEED, Atlus, Aksys, etc, and when NISA's own relationships, like Experience and Spike Chunsoft are moving towards self-publishing.
I need this game to be localized , I need my valkyre profile fix asap

e2gTNC0.png

This was quickly deleted. The same tweet came from the @Vitageneral account which seems to be some 4chan thing and likes to constantly shit on the Vita. I guess someone messed up in their twitter client.

Not sure how I feel about that.

RK128

This was quickly deleted. The same tweet came from the @Vitageneral account which seems to be some 4chan thing and likes to constantly shits on the Vita. I guess someone messed up in their twitter client.

Is that an indie developer that posted that? If so....that sounds really bitter :(. I get JP games sell very well on Vita but they can't be overtaking indie games sales on a massive level. Volume for example did very well on Vita and the developer was quite happy with the sales numbers.

Either way, indie developers must know that the Vita isn't selling like hot cakes and if sales aren't the strongest, its due to the low install base. We buy ALOT of games and that is why so many Vita games happen; JP and Indie ports are the result of that. But that isn't enough sometimes, so I can see why this indie developer said that :l.

This doesn't paint the best picture for indie support in the future and with January already having a lot of Vita cancellations, I wouldn't be shocked if support from indie developers dries up by this fall.

Is that an indie developer that posted that? If so....that sounds really bitter :(. I get JP games sell very well on Vita but they can't be overtaking indie games sales on a massive level. Volume for example did very well on Vita and the developer was quite happy with the sales numbers.

It's the team who published Superbeat Xonic in the USA.

I knew this year would be tough for Vita. In the space of a few short weeks it's been very, very trying though.

RK128

It's the team who published Superbeat Xonic in the USA.

I knew this year would be tough for Vita. In the space of a few short weeks it's been very, very trying though.

We all know the system will really be 'dead' by the end of 2017 (in US/EU at the very least; JP/Asia/Spain/ect still looks strong for the console) but this year still looks strong.

Right now we are seeing 'steps' toward support on the Vita drying up; smaller publishers and indie developers migrating to other platforms, with key supporters like Bamco, Sega, Tecmo-Koei, Atlus, NISA, Spike Chunsoft, XSEED and Marvelous releasing their final 'wave' of localization's for the console this year/2017.

Once that is done, THEN we need to worry. But that isn't the case NOW, only the smaller teams/studios starting to drop support. I wouldn't worry yet but yah, 2016 is going to be a very interesting year for the Vita.

Producer

This was quickly deleted. The same tweet came from the @Vitageneral account which seems to be some 4chan thing and likes to constantly shits on the Vita. I guess someone messed up in their twitter client.

vitagen is a vita community, the one that makes those large 'vita recommended games/upcoming games' charts. It seems the one in charge of the twitter account got bitter as hell or something. Or its probably just a random member acting like the mouthpiece.

vitagen is a vita community, the one that makes those large 'vita recommended games/upcoming games' charts. It seems the one in charge of the twitter account got bitter as hell or something. Or its probably just a random member acting like the mouthpiece.

Ah okay. I just thought it's weird that the same person runs the official PM Studios PR account. This was obvioulsy a mistake but it still seems incredibly unprofessional.

Takao

Banned
While that's their official account, I'm not sure it's handled by the people that work there. I've seen some official streams that were run by a person I want to say I've seen on Siliconera/Gematsu/PS Blog comments (non-author).

pariah164

Is Grand Kingdom a sequel to Grand Knights History, or a successor? Either way, now have to decide between that and Odin Sphere...

Takao

Banned
Is Grand Kingdom a sequel to Grand Knights History, or a successor? Either way, now have to decide between that and Odin Sphere...

While the two share the same director, GK wasn't made by Vanillaware or published by Marvelous. It's one of those "successor" type of things.

Man there's been tons of The Division footage floating around today. I've been taking a bit of a break on the gaming side, but watching it makes me more excited than ever to play it.

18-Volt

So we can strike one off of our list.

Grand Kingdom
Exist Archive
Utawarerumono The False Mask
Mystery Chronicle
Operation Babel New Tokyo Story
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Net High
Tokyo Xanadu
Luminous Arc Infinity
Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls
Death Under the Labyrinth
Hero Must Die
Criminal Girls 2
Night Watch
Atelier Sophie

Which one will be our next localization announcement? Place your bets, people!

RK128

Grand Kingdom
Exist Archive - NISA
Utawarerumono The False Mask - Atlus
Mystery Chronicle
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni - Marvelous
Net High
Tokyo Xanadu - Atlus or XSEED
Luminous Arc Infinity
Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls - Idea Factory/Complete Heart
Hero Must Die - NISA
Criminal Girls 2 - NISA
Night Watch
Atelier Sophie - Tecmo-Koei/Gust

The bolded are the ones I feel will happen.

Shizuka

Grand Kingdom
Exist Archive
Utawarerumono The False Mask
Mystery Chronicle

Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Net High
Tokyo Xanadu
Luminous Arc Infinity
Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls
Hero Must Die
Criminal Girls 2
Night Watch
Atelier Sophie

I feel like the boldes one won't happen.

Shizuka

I agree except for Death Under The Labyrinth.
It's IFI and they don't have a bunch of other stuff and (so far) don't do 3rd party work.
CG2 can happen on Steam if the rumored port of first one is successful.

Super duper ultra bomba in Japan. IFI has enough Neptunia games for 2016 if they want to.

I agree with you and the only reason I bolded CG2 is due to the first one getting localized (and I guess it did well? Not sure).

I've heard that it was one-time thing for NISA and they won't be going after those titles in the future.

I agree with you and the only reason I bolded CG2 is due to the first one getting localized (and I guess it did well? Not sure).

I would honestly hope they put more effort into getting their own games out over here, rather than another game that people are going to rip them apart over for censoring all the lolis. We have far too many potential localizations from NIS or otherwise to worry about having another low tier game come here (CG2 or Bullet Girls 1/2, probably several others too).

Shizuka

I would honestly hope they put more effort into getting their own games out over here, rather than another game that people are going to rip them apart over for censoring all the lolis. We have far too many potential localizations from NIS or otherwise to worry about having another low tier game come here (CG2 or Bullet Girls 1/2, probably several others too).

If anything, we have far too little.

Back in the day maybe. But that isn't the case anymore. Not going against your point, that they shouldn't just start picking up trashy stuff, but some of their bigger games are being self published now. And you can't feed all of your employees with just Danganronpa, which we all know will come, lol

Back in the day maybe. But that isn't the case anymore. Not going against your point, that they shouldn't just start picking up trashy stuff, but some of their bigger games are being self published now. And you can't feed all of your employees with just Danganronpa, which we all know will come, lol

True, just have to wonder how well the trashy stuff actually does and if it's better than some of these other low key releases that actually have something other than the fanservice to back them up with. I mean something like Dungeon Travelers may have been been full of fanservice, but at least it had worthwhile gameplay beyond that. What does something like Bullet Girls have other than the fanservice? I've yet to be turned off by every single gameplay video I've seen of it.

Prelude.

This was quickly deleted. The same tweet came from the @Vitageneral account which seems to be some 4chan thing and likes to constantly shit on the Vita. I guess someone messed up in their twitter client.

Don't mind that, he's just a shitposter kinda guy they paid in tomatoes to promote Xonic.
Also, @vitageneral is run by the same dude and it's not affiliated with the real vitagen so don't give him any attention.

NIS should cheaply outsource localizations of their fanservice titles and release them in Asia. All the cool kids are doing it these days. Everyone wins that way.

Don't mind that, he's just a shitposter kinda guy they paid in tomatoes to promote Xonic.
Also, @vitageneral is run by the same dude and it's not affiliated with the real vitagen so don't give him any attention.

Thanks, good to know. Unfollowed the PM Studios account.

EDIT: Unrelated Q: Wasn't Deemo supposed to come out this week? Play Asia still has it as pre-order

Allow me to clear things out.

This was just a mistake by one of our staff using tweetdeck, it was his personal oppinion regarding a game not related to the company, I would like to clarify that tweet does not represent PM Studios point of view or neither our oppinion regarding other videogames, Rest assured we have took the measures for this won't happen again.

We deeply apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our services as videogame company.

RK128

This was just a mistake by one of our staff using tweetdeck, it was his personal oppinion regarding a game not related to the company, I would like to clarify that tweet does not represent PM Studios point of view or neither our oppinion regarding other videogames, Rest assured we have took the measures for this won't happen again.

We deeply apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you, and we appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our services as videogame company.

Thank you for posting this and clarifying everything :).

Good to know that your company's and studios still care about the Vita :D. Keep up the great work and thank you for talking to us :).

Good to know that your company's and studios still care about the Vita :D. Keep up the great work and thank you for talking to us :).

Thanks to you for your support! The Vita is still strong and lively, we'll keep it supporting it!

In fact upcoming song pack have been announced recently, details on pricing and release date will be announced very soon (probably next week ;))

mbzDaQt.jpg

Ventara

Thanks to you for your support! The Vita is still strong and lively, we'll keep it supporting it!

In fact upcoming song pack have been announced recently, details on pricing and release date will be announced very soon (probably next week ;))

mbzDaQt.jpg

Very nice! Will look forward to these.

kunnikuman

Neo Member

apologists here already.

Yeah, just copy and paste the same response you did on reddit that is filled with grammar errors. You're probably the same person behind that wrote the tweet.

RK128

apologists here already.

Yeah, just copy and paste the same response you did on reddit that is filled grammar errors. You're probably the same person behind that wrote the tweet.

:l.

They could of just let that Tweet stay up and respond back here saying 'We don't give a shit about the Vita. Fuck you all." but they didn't, they posted here and told us the Tweet was an honest mistake.

Even if they sent the Tweet out, always respect people who say they are sorry about an issue or own up to the mistakes they make.

I'm not an apologist.

Top Bottom