• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

:l.

They could of just let that Tweet stay up and respond back here saying 'We don't give a shit about the Vita. Fuck you all." but they didn't, they posted here and told us the Tweet was an honest mistake.

Even if they sent the Tweet out, always respect people who say they are sorry about an issue or own up to the mistakes they make.

I'm not an apologist.

The person intentionally sent that tweet, just to the wrong account. I'm sure it's not the opinion of PM Studios, but it's the opinion of the person running their PR (who is probably the same person posting here on GAF).

It's a really stupid thing to say and even worse when you do it over a PR account for a Vita game

RK128

The person intentionally sent that tweet, just to the wrong account. I'm sure it's not the opinion of PM Studios, but it's the opinion of the person running their PR.

It's a really stupid thing to say and even worse when you do it over a PR account for a Vita game

Good point. Just appreciate PM Studios owning up to it and affirming us that that isn't there view point on the Vita.

...and that's why you don't use multiple accounts in Tweetdeck. As much as you want to have them right there at hand, it often leads to stupid mistakes like that which tarnish the account that is supposed to matter.

Next week looks so good for you Americans (A Boy and His Blob, Atelier Escha & Logy Plus: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky, Oddworld: New ‘N’ Tasty), I hope it's as good for us Europeans :)

Powwa

Have we heard anything about the possibility of Ray Gigant's physical release? I remember one of the companies was interested in it.

RK128

Have we heard anything about the possibility of Ray Gigant's physical release? I remember one of the companies was interested in it.

Maybe Bamco can give it a limited print run (ala One Piece World Red and Tales of Hearts R) as while they aren't publishing it in the west, it IS there game.

Hey, new-ish PSN user here, today I got an email from Sony telling me that my PSN password has been reset because of "irregular activity". Is this email legit/does this happen often?

Xenoflare

The person intentionally sent that tweet, just to the wrong account. I'm sure it's not the opinion of PM Studios, but it's the opinion of the person running their PR (who is probably the same person posting here on GAF).

Yep, and at least check your spelling/grammar when you apologize. Oh and didn't BamcoEU's YouTube account did something similar?

VLiberty

Never Alone canceled on Vita.

This shit needs to stop, but it will only get worse.
And I'm afraid that Gio Corsi saving TBS(which is probably one of the few canceled games that actually had serious problems, although not technical) did more harm than good.

So, hey, if people actually care about our game and will be vocal about it, Gio Corsi will eventually step in and do our work.

Stranger of Sword City has probably been delayed. Stores are now saying April 19th

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0185H34Z2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ugh, which means I'll only have 1 week to play it until Uncharted 4 drops. I like that the releases are getting spaced out a bit now, but SoSC's release was perfect where it was /:

Also, goddamn at all these indie cancellations as of late. It's like every few days there is another one.

http://yourpsvita.com/interview-limited-run-games/
Could you make any new contract which especially Vita owners can be excited about?
We talked to a lot of developers with Vita games – we’re specifically trying to lock down games that are on both PS4 and Vita so we can release the two platforms simultaneously. I wish I could name the specific game but we’ve got two games possibly coming out for Vita that were highly requested. One of them has a huge file size on Vita, so I expect our fans will be super happy to hear about our plans.

So what do you think this game could be?

I can't think of any game out there that has a large file size.

RK128

http://yourpsvita.com/interview-limited-run-games/

So what do you think this game could be?

I can't think of any game out there that has a large file size.

I can't find any pages online that list file sizes for Vita games sadly, so its not that easy to see what games they could bring over :(.

But, I could picture the large file size game being any of the following:
Exist Archive
Utawarerumono The False Mask
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Tokyo Xanadu
Luminous Arc Infinity
Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls
Death Under the Labyrinth
Hero Must Die
Atelier Sophie

The following have to be large in file size and could fit that description of 'highly requested Vita game'.

It COULD also be a newer release from Japan/upcoming one that they want to bring over. Summon Night 6 might be this game, considering its a PS4/Vita release and Bamco is willing to work with others on game localization (Ray Giant and Summon Night 5 are examples of this).

Saphirax

I can't find any pages online that list file sizes for Vita games sadly, so its not that easy to see what games they could bring over :(.

But, I could picture the large file size game being any of the following:
Exist Archive
Utawarerumono The False Mask
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
Tokyo Xanadu
Luminous Arc Infinity
Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls
Death Under the Labyrinth
Hero Must Die
Atelier Sophie

The following have to be large in file size and could fit that description of 'highly requested Vita game'.

It COULD also be a newer release from Japan/upcoming one that they want to bring over. Summon Night 6 might be this game, considering its a PS4/Vita release and Bamco is willing to work with others on game localization (Ray Giant and Summon Night 5 are examples of this).

Most of the games you listed don't count. XSEED and Atlus would make physical editions on their own. They're doing it for CS1/2 and Odin's Sphere

RK128

Most of the games you listed don't count. XSEED and Atlus would make physical editions on their own. They're doing it for CS1/2 and Odin's Sphere

Wow, completely forgot it was about Limited Run Games, thought it was a localization studio X(.

Sorry for my mistake guys :(.

I agree with someone who posted above me; Grim Fandango will likely be the next one up for a retail run at some point.

Saphirax

Wow, completely forgot it was about Limited Run Games, thought it was a localization studio X(.

Sorry for my mistake guys :(.

I agree with someone who posted above me; Grim Fandango will likely be the next one up for a retail run at some point.

It's fine :D, but I don't think it's GF. It has to be a game that hasn't been released yet.

we’ve got two games possibly coming out for Vita that were highly requested

That was part of the interview.

RK128

It's fine :D, but I don't think it's GF. It has to be a game that hasn't been released yet.

That was part of the interview.

Mmm.....was it ever announced if Mighty No. 9 is getting a retail run on Vita? If that isn't the case (in NA/EU at least), I could see that being the game they are talking about.

Could also picture Shantae Series (Risky's Revenge, Pirates Curse, Half-Genie Hero) all being released on one cart for a limited run. Its rumored that ports of the former two games are coming to PS and Xbox systems (and the PS4 got a version of RR already), so maybe the Vita will get them + Half-Genie Hero coming out in one bundle.

Saphirax

Mmm.....was it ever announced if Mighty No. 9 is getting a retail run on Vita? If that isn't the case (in NA/EU at least), I could see that being the game they are talking about.

Could also picture Shantae Series (Risky's Revenge, Pirates Curse, Half-Genie Hero) all being released on one cart for a limited run. Its rumored that ports of the former two games are coming to PS and Xbox systems (and the PS4 got a version of RR already), so maybe the Vita will get them + Half-Genie Hero coming out in one bundle.

Not sure about MN9, but somehow I doubt it'd be highly requested :p.

RK128

Not sure about MN9, but somehow I doubt it'd be highly requested :p.

Good point XD!

I'm drawing a blank on future indie releases that would be massive in size.......would Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle Remastered count?

Both should be very large in file size.

Saphirax

Good point XD!

I'm drawing a blank on future indie releases that would be massive in size.......would Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle Remastered count?

Both should be very large in file size.

Possibly, yeah. Although DotT is more likely since FT was only recently announced.

RK128

Possibly, yeah. Although DotT is more likely since FT was only recently announced.

The amount of VA + HD assets (or redone/remastered assets) would be enough to make it a large game, so I could see that being one of the requested games for a retail run.

autoduelist

apologists here already.

Yeah, just copy and paste the same response you did on reddit that is filled with grammar errors. You're probably the same person behind that wrote the tweet.

someone comes in here to apologize, someone else accepts their apology, and you shit all over both of them. your contributions to this thread are consistently terrible.

So, hey, if people actually care about our game and will be vocal about it, Gio Corsi will eventually step in and do our work.

Businesses do not think this way. Some bratty kid might do this to get out of chores, but businesses aren't going to hang their reputation, income, and workload out on a limb because some heavily hyped game got help.

Businesses aren't sitting there, working for months on Vita games, just hoping some -other- company cancels so they can cancel too. These ideas that kept getting spread in this thread are both toxic and ridiculous.

Games will get cancelled. It happens. Especially if a game doesn't perform well on initial release on bigger platforms-- it's hard to invest, say, 6 months of work to release something on Vita if it already bombed hard on other platforms. That's just business sense, and has more to say about the game itself than the Vita. But just because a couple games got cancelled in recent history doesn't mean anything. Plenty more got announced, but for some reason, fewer focus on that.

RK128

someone comes in here to apologize, someone else accepts their apology, and you shit all over both of them. your contributions to this thread are consistently terrible.

Businesses do not think this way. Some bratty kid might do this to get out of chores, but businesses aren't going to hang their reputation, income, and workload out on a limb because some heavily hyped game got help.

Businesses aren't sitting there, working for months on Vita games, just hoping some -other- company cancels so they can cancel too. These ideas that kept getting spread in this thread are both toxic and ridiculous.

Games will get cancelled. It happens. Especially if a game doesn't perform well on initial release on bigger platforms-- it's hard to invest, say, 6 months of work to release something on Vita if it already bombed hard on other platforms. That's just business sense, and has more to say about the game itself than the Vita. But just because a couple games got cancelled in recent history doesn't mean anything. Plenty more got announced, but for some reason, fewer focus on that.

That guy hates me and has always hated me, so it doesn't bother me anymore :l.

I agree with you on the rest of your point though; game development is time consuming and hard, with sometimes games falling through the cracks or games outright being scrapped.

Its a shame but something out of peoples control when the game either doesn't run on Vita or if they didn't realize how difficult it would be to bring the game over to Vita. I come to accept this and don't get upset with cancellations anymore.

Just will support the games that do land on Vita, even if I understand the situation at hand :).

nampad

Never Alone canceled on Vita.

This shit needs to stop, but it will only get worse.
And I'm afraid that Gio Corsi saving TBS(which is probably one of the few canceled games that actually had serious problems, although not technical) did more harm than good.

image.php

I was very interested to see what the hype was about that game but if they are not serving the Vita, I won't support them anymore.

I don't understand the cancellations at all. The sales numbers for indie games should probably be still respectable like before, when everyone was starting to port to Vita (see Mike Bithells tweet about Vita Volume sales) and most of the games don't look like they wouldn't run on Vita.

RK128

image.php

I was very interested to see what the hype was about that game but if they are not serving the Vita, I won't support them anymore.

I don't understand the cancellations at all. The sales numbers for indie games should probably be still respectable like before, when everyone was starting to port to Vita (see Mike Bithells tweet about Vita Volume sales) and most of the games don't look like they wouldn't run on Vita.

My bet is that a lot of studios making indie games on Vita fail to realize that they can't brute force the game to run on Vita like they can with PS4, so instead of re-working the core engine to work on Vita or paying another studio to port the game, they decide to save money and scrap the Vita version.

Many indie games are still coming on Vita, so its not like everyone decided to jump ship. And we have studios still making late Vita ports (Axiom Verge and New N' Tasty come to mind).

Saphirax

I feel he's worded that wrong, because it doesn't make sense with the next sentence. How can they know the file size of something that's possibly coming to Vita, lol.

I actually had to reread that sentence a few times. At this point, I'm not sure if it's badly worded or what.

Pretty sure they're talking about already released games. "Possibly coming to Vita" just means possibly coming to Vita from LRG

VLiberty

Games will get cancelled. It happens. Especially if a game doesn't perform well on initial release on bigger platforms-- it's hard to invest, say, 6 months of work to release something on Vita if it already bombed hard on other platforms. That's just business sense, and has more to say about the game itself than the Vita.

Most of the canceled games do not fit these criteria. They either were still unreleased on any system, or had a succesful PC version. The only exception is Never Alone, which was actually announced on Vita after it released on the other systems.

But just because a couple games got cancelled in recent history doesn't mean anything. Plenty more got announced, but for some reason, fewer focus on that.
It does mean a lot, if we went from a handful of cancelations here and there over 3 years to this.

I'm bitter because, as someone who doesn't like most of the japanese games (especially the nichest ones), my Vita is fuelled by indie games. And it's great, becuase I love indies and the devs have done a great job bringing them over here in the past 4 years. But in the past months the system has only got a fraction of the announcements it used to get as far as indie games go - fine, the system is becoming old and was never succesful in the first place, obviously it can be supported forever. But the games we were supposed to get? No way, those must be released, unless serious problems occur. And no, I won't believe that everyone is now having huge, unsurmountable technical issues that prevent games to come out after 4 years of games regularly coming out.

We're getting way less announcements and more cancelations, it's perfectly fine to be concerned.
I might be wrong and all the devs have been honest about the lack of feasibility to port their previously announced games on Vita, I don't know, but for what I'm seeing I'm not believing them(not all of them, at least).

You can watch a documentary on Eskimos on Netflix with your Vita and have a better experience. There are much worse games and 5 years ago it would have been a critics darling but Vita will be ok without it.

Yeah I never cared about Never Alone. I would have probably tried it if it were cross buy, but it wasn't going to be.

And no, I won't believe that everyone is now having huge, unsurmountable technical issues that prevent games to come out after 4 years of games regularly coming out.

I mean, indie devs have shifted focus to the PS4, giving them a lot more power at their disposal, plus the PCs they're developing for are continuously getting more powerful. I don't think it's all that weird for them to have now hit a point where they can't just take what they have a brute force it onto the vita like they possible could in the past. And it doesn't have to be insurmountable, it just needs to be time-consuming (read: expensive) enough to redo everything for a lower power machine that the reward isn't worth the investment risk. It's a shame, and maybe some of them are just using it as an excuse, but I honestly don't know why you find it that hard to believe.

Top Bottom