• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

So, as expected, no one gave a shit about the Escha & Logy+ dub because it doesn't affect America.
I see that it's a problem, but there's nothing you can do about it, same with the DLC for Ar Nosurge. KT won't issue a patch for the few hundred importers, one that's redundant or even inconvenient for everyone else

Prelude.

Maybe wait a week?
Did you forget you can only use one account per Vita?
How am I supposed to use a US dlc on a EU account?

I see that it's a problem, but there's nothing you can do about i, same with the DLC for Ar Nosurge. KT won't issue a patch for the few hundred importers, one that's redundant or even inconvenient for everyone else
No one cares about cosmetic DLCs, this is a bigger deal.
Also, they could just make the EU DLC region free so that it works on the imported copy.

No one cares about cosmetic DLCs, this is a bigger deal.
Also, they could just make the EU DLC region free so that it works on the imported copy.
Sorry but it isn't. It's affecting a very small number of people. You could still switch your Vita region for the time you're playing it.

I just can't see KT bothering with it

Say that to the 20 pages thread about Cold Steel not having a japanese dub.

Also, I paid more than €60 for importing it, don't you think they should have at least said something about the japanese dub being locked in a DLC?
Yeah I get why it's a problem for you, but that doesn't really change anything. The game isn't even officially sold outside NA. And it's not impossible for you to access the DLC.

The CS dub is really good btw :)

Shizuka

Did you forget you can only use one account per Vita?
How am I supposed to use a US dlc on a EU account?

Has it been confirmed that the voiceover DLC won't be released in Europe? If not, why don't you wait a week or so and see if it's released on the EU PSN by then? Or are you talking about using the EU VO DLC with the english physical copy?

Prelude.

Has it been confirmed that the voiceover DLC won't be released in Europe? If not, why don't you wait a week or so and see if it's released on the EU PSN by then? Or are you talking about using the EU VO DLC with the english physical copy?
The problem is that when they'll put up the EU dlc (assuming it won't be tied to the digital copy for some reason) it most likely won't be compatible with the LE copy, which is from another region. That is, unless they specifically make the EU DLC region free so that people can use it on the US physical copy.

And by the way, the game is 2.5 gb, the jap dub is 659mb. It can fit in a cartridge.

The problem is that when they'll put up the EU dlc (assuming it won't be tied to the digital copy for some reason) it most likely won't be compatible with the LE copy, which is from another region. That is, unless they specifically make the EU DLC region free so that people can use it on the US physical copy.

And by the way, the game is 2.5 gb, the jap dub is 659mb. It can fit in a cartridge.

I don't know why the split it up. It's only slightly larger than the other vita Atelier games which all included the Japanese voices.

It's probably because you can't bundle something and then release it digitally without a piece included and call it the same game. It'd be two games, with two different sets of hurdles to go over (ESRB, PEGI, QA, Paperwork,etc).

So I'm playing Steins;Gate. I was told it's pretty slow up until chapter 5. Would folks say that's accuate?

I'm almost to ch3 and I'm honestly bored out of my mind.

Say that to the 20 pages thread about Cold Steel not having a japanese dub.

Also, I paid more than €60 for importing it, don't you think they should have at least said something about the japanese dub being locked in a DLC?

While I agree that they definitely should have said something about voice dlc and if it's going to be region locked, I personally disagree about the Japanese dub being a big thing for Cold Steel. I've noticed that many of those same people that complained about it not having original voices, were right there along with everyone else in the OT talking about it. How many people are really affected in the end, if many of the people put off by a game not having it, can't even stand by their decision to not buy it? Because I have my doubts that it's much more than the kind of people who actually get offended over something like the word "crazy" in a professional localization and then post a write up saying that they're only offended because they feel the need to defend others (yes this did actually happen).

Yasumi

Banned
...I might have to go back to this when I need something to dull my brain.
It needs to ease you in, so you have a frame of reference when shit hits the fan and the crazy train shoots straight over the event horizon. Enjoy the normality while it lasts.

It needs to ease you in, so you have a frame of reference when shit hits the fan and the crazy train shoots straight over the event horizon. Enjoy the normality while it lasts.

In theory this sounds fine but I don't have the energy to force myself to play it right now. I need something that i can actually focus on without my mind wandering because it's so boring.

RK128

Oddworld is great so far on Vita :D.

Visually it looks great, with the colors popping out of the screen, the game running well and the sound being high quality. The game being native res too is very impressive as well.

The gameplay is just like the original; classic puzzle platformer where you lead your Modoken species to freedom across various locations and levels. I like how smooth the controls feel, how forgiving the remake is (no one-hit kills for example), and overall the game being a lot of fun to play.

Quick saving is handled great in the Vita version; pressing select creates a state, while holding it down loads it. Makes the game more experimental, as if you make a mistake, you can just load the save state and try again.

I know the original is better in many respects; atmosphere is more oppressive in the original (with the remake having more color added in) and the puzzles are likely more challenging. But never played the original, so coming into the remake with fresh eyes has me thinking this remake is a really faithful one, as the spirit of the original is still inside the remake.

Overall, really enjoying this so far and a lovely surprise game :D. Got the PS4 version as a PS+ game a while back, so this was 'free' for me due to cross-buy being supported. That is really great on Oddworld Inhabitants and JAW's part for giving this out to PS4 and PS3 owners for 'free' :).

RK128

You're supposed to play on hard. :(

JAW didn't work on this.

I....don't want to get frustrated with the game man :(. I hate it when games are too hard and I don't want my first experience with Oddworld (the original) to be a bad one. I will try it on hard once I beat the game, but not in any rush to try the hard mode out. I'm sorry man :(.

Then the porting studio is very skilled with Vita development, as the game looks and runs very well on Vita.

Prelude.

While I agree that they definitely should have said something about voice dlc and if it's going to be region locked, I personally disagree about the Japanese dub being a big thing for Cold Steel. I've noticed that many of those same people that complained about it not having original voices, were right there along with everyone else in the OT talking about it. How many people are really affected in the end, if many of the people put off by a game not having it, can't even stand by their decision to not buy it? Because I have my doubts that it's much more than the kind of people who actually get offended over something like the word "crazy" in a professional localization and then post a write up saying that they're only offended because they feel the need to defend others (yes this did actually happen).
I was just saying that the dub in a japanese game is a big deal, that's all.
No one actually cares if they lose some DLC costumes.

Has there ever been Vita DLC that was made region-free to work on all regional copies of a game?
Maybe. Someone on reddit said it happened.

I....don't want to get frustrated with the game man :(. I hate it when games are too hard and I don't want my first experience with Oddworld (the original) to be a bad one. I will try it on hard once I beat the game, but not in any rush to try the hard mode out. I'm sorry man :(.

Then the porting studio is very skilled with Vita development, as the game looks and runs very well on Vita.
It's just that on normal you can bruteforce some sections because you don't die immediately.

RK128

It's just that on normal you can bruteforce some sections because you don't die immediately.

Ah, okay. I can understand that :).

Might consider re-starting on hard once I either beat the game or get far along in the game (mid-way mark).

Thank you for explaining this Prelude :D. Are you going to play the Vita version of the remake?

Prelude.

Ah, okay. I can understand that :).

Might consider re-starting on hard once I either beat the game or get far along in the game (mid-way mark).

Thank you for explaining this Prelude :D. Are you going to play the Vita version of the remake?
Yeah but I'm waiting for the physical copy since I already played it last year.

Blob is up for PS4. And it does say it's cross buy with vita. $9.99. Playing it now, it's as adorable as I remember. Remember to collect the 3 treasure chests in each level to unlock the FORTY bonus levels. One bonus level for every stage you finish with all 3 chests!

Is something wrong with PSN right now? I can't sync my trophies on Vita.
Also I played Luftrausers and a bunch of trophies I already have started popping, and now it's on my local list with less trophies than I had before.

I feel obliged to point out that Grateful Dead avatars and a dynamic theme are on sale right now for Plus members, making this the greatest month in PSN history.

NewDust

This was happening both pre and post update, btw.

Have you deleted luftrausers in the past? Atleast on ps3, some games save a part of the trophie data in the game/save data. After reinstall your already achieved trophies can pop. When the list differs, it should always revert to the online list after syncing. No idea why it won't sync though, works okay over here.

Christian

I thought Vita Blob was supposed to drop today, too. Wasn't it announced BEFORE the PS4 and Xbox One versions? Oh, well, I picked it up on PS4. $8.50, not too shabby for future crossbuy as well.

Benedict

Just realised the incredible stupidity of SCEE EU PSN blog releasing info on sales, but won't mention what the prices will be or at what discount...

You’ll notice that we’re no longer listing prices in the weekly Store update, and the same will apply to regular sales and discounts posts, starting with the new promotion kicking off tomorrow.
For pricing information applicable to your region, we ask that you click through the links to PlayStation Store. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Truly idiotic.

Xenoflare

Just realised the incredible stupidity of SCEE EU PSN blog releasing info on sales, but won't mention what the prices will be or at what discount...

Truly idiotic.

I have no idea what they are trying to accomplish and question the seemingly adamant tone for something so stupid.

Maybe they are trying to make people go to the store page themselves? Or is it a currency thing so that people in regions that has a weaker sale due to currency exchange won't get pissy?

Blob is up for PS4. And it does say it's cross buy with vita. $9.99. Playing it now, it's as adorable as I remember. Remember to collect the 3 treasure chests in each level to unlock the FORTY bonus levels. One bonus level for every stage you finish with all 3 chests!

Played through it on Wii. I remember it not being the most fun to control and not the most exciting game but it was good. It has been a while but I don't remember needing a guide. I don't really feel a need to go back and replay tho.

Zephyx

Has there ever been Vita DLC that was made region-free to work on all regional copies of a game?

Yes, IIRC. I think DR:AE's JP dub works for all versions of the game. I downloaded the R1 copy of the DLC and it worked with a R3 physical copy.

Top Bottom