• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

Well I preordered Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 for Vita. I will be playing it with the perspective of a sports gamer. I probably made a mistake but I figure I can resell the copy for a pretty good price.

Unsure if this is the right thread but didn't want to make a new thread for this:

When using the PS4 to browse the PS Store I keep finding PS3 games all over the place. It really annoys me. Is there anyway to browse the store without PS3 games appearing?

Use the online web store. There is nothing that will make it a usable experience on PS4, PS3 or even Vita.

Rankings of online stores
1. Most digital buying experiences since 1999
214125. Playstation web store
23523523534256. Vita
63952395023950289325. PS4
32890572395782938579278359287597. PS3

Well I preordered Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 for Vita. I will be playing it with the perspective of a sports gamer. I probably made a mistake but I figure I can resell the copy for a pretty good price.

Use the online web store. There is nothing that will make it a usable experience on PS4, PS3 or even Vita.

Rankings of online stores
1. Most digital buying experiences since 1999
214125. Playstation web store
23523523534256. Vita
63952395023950289325. PS4
32890572395782938579278359287597. PS3

Thanks. I've enjoyed my Ps4 experience so far but its just downright stupidity the store.

Going by what we have (or haven't) seen so far, if you want to play it for the volleyball and expect a good experience, you'll very likely be disappointed. The focus is by and large the fanservice and all the minigames, I doubt anyone is expecting a legitimate sports game out of it.

XCOM Enemy Unknown Plus trophies now up on PSNProfiles too:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4235-XCOM-Enemy-Unknown-Plus

Such is the life of a western developed Vita title these days. Leak after hint after leak and then small scale announcement, lol. I thought for sure this + assassins Creed + civ rev would've been at PSX.

But good news anyway! More evidence it's legit. The sad news (for me) is that the developer who I think has handled these ports - 2K China - has shut down. So probably no bIOShock for us :(

RK128

Such is the life of a western developed Vita title these days. Leak after hint after leak and then small scale announcement, lol. I thought for sure this + assassins Creed + civ rev would've been at PSX.

But good news anyway! More evidence it's legit. The sad news (for me) is that the developer who I think has handled these ports - 2K China - has shut down. So probably no bIOShock for us :(

2K China went under :(? That is a shame, as they could of continued making great Vita ports of iOS projects.

But its nice that we got more hints toward X-Com coming to Vita. Could see it being announced within the next month or two (after the US/EU release of Civ 2 Vita).

Wiggy

is there no trophy hunters community thread? I usually use psnprofiles or playstationtrophies.org, but it would good to hunt with/get tips from gaf too.

Damn, Blue Maxima's video about New 'n' Tasty! made not want to play the game anymore.
I kept reading it was solid 30fps in the first impressions and it can drop pretty severely. They also didn't fix some bugs that were present back when the game launched which is pretty disappointing.

I watch most of his videos but if it's something that I'm really looking forward to, I'll make sure to watch the video after I've finished the game :)

Prelude.

I watch most of his videos but if it's something that I'm really looking forward to, I'll make sure to watch the video after I've finished the game :)
I hope it's not too bad overall, since I really want to buy that LRG copy. Please post your impressions after you're done with it.

Takao

Banned
is there no trophy hunters community thread? I usually use psnprofiles or playstationtrophies.org, but it would good to hunt with/get tips from gaf too.

No January thread yet: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=192632715

itssomething.jpg

Seriously though, I don't get this. F2P games by and large haven't done fantastically on Vita (outside of PSO2 and maybe Destiny of Spirits).

I guess Borderless Mission must've done well enough for them.

I dunno, that .hack mobile game looks really amateurish.

Bandai Namco's already got two F2P Gundam games on Vita. I guess those are doing well enough for them to extend to more.

Interesting part about World Trigger: Smash Borders is that it's made by Ganbarion. They've done most (if not all?) of the One Piece games on Nintendo hardware (including Unlimited World Red), and are now working on that new Dragon Ball 3DS RPG.

RK128

Damn, Blue Maxima's video about New 'n' Tasty! made not want to play the game anymore.
I kept reading it was solid 30fps in the first impressions and it can drop pretty severely. They also didn't fix some bugs that were present back when the game launched which is pretty disappointing.

I had no issue with the game so far and while the frame rate does dip, its not bad to the point of it being unplayable. It looks great on the Vita's screen and the control options from latter updates are present.

I would say play it yourself first before writing it off as a bad port honestly.

RK128

The point is that I kept reading "solid 30fps", "no dips" so I was expecting an excellent port.

Considering this was originally an amazing looking PS4 game, its impressive they got the game to run at a good frame rate on Vita.

I am aware of the PS3 version but not sure on how that one runs.

I'm sorry you are disappointed :(. But I recommend taking advantage of the cross buy features and try the game out on Vita now. If the performance is on pair with what you want, then get the retail one when LRG's launches that. If not, delete the game and not get the LRG's retail copy.

Edit: Once I get far in the game, will let you know how well the game runs and plays Prelude :).

Prelude.

But I recommend taking advantage of the cross buy features and try the game out on Vita now. If the performance is on pair with what you want, then get the retail one when LRG's launches that. If not, delete the game and not get the LRG's retail copy.
But I don't have it. I can't try it.

Edit: Once I get far in the game, will let you know how well the game runs and plays Prelude :).
Thanks.

RK128

But I don't have it. I can't try it.

Thanks.

I thought you owned the PS4 version? If you own that, you can get the PS Vita and PS3 versions for free ala Cross-Buy.

Will be happy to help with impressions when I get further in the game though :).

Interesting part about World Trigger: Smash Borders is that it's made by Ganbarion. They've done most (if not all?) of the One Piece games on Nintendo hardware (including Unlimited World Red), and are now working on that new Dragon Ball 3DS RPG.

I was surprised to see that Dragon Ball game on 3DS. Made me wonder if we're going to get another One Piece Unlimited World Red situation.

But then again, why not just develop for the extra platforms from the outset?

2K China went under :(? That is a shame, as they could of continued making great Vita ports of iOS projects.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-11-06-take-two-interactive-closes-2k-china

I wouldn't say they make great ports, Civ is alright-ish.

RK128

Nope. I don't even have a PS4.

Even if you don't own a PS4, you could of 'bought' the game when it was free on PS+, then you could have it in your download list. That way when the cross-buy was activated for the PS3 and Vita versions, you got those for free :).

deadfolk

Ooh...peeking at those trophies suggests it's actually Enemy Within!

Day 1, etc.

Prelude.

Even if you don't own a PS4, you could of 'bought' the game when it was free on PS+, then you could have it in your download list. That way when the cross-buy was activated for the PS3 and Vita versions, you got those for free :).
I don't have PS+, lol.

kng3025

Boy and his Blob is out on Vita. It shows as 9.99 on the store but the PS4 version is 8.49 and I can confirm that it's crossbuy.

Probably a price error or something. Guess I'll capitalize on the ps4 version before it changes. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: weird, I guess it's 8.49 for the ps4 version until the 26th, but the vita doesn't get the same love.

Takao

Banned
Boy and his Blob is out on Vita. It shows as 9.99 on the store but the PS4 version is 8.49 and I can confirm that it's crossbuy.

Probably a price error or something. Guess I'll capitalize on the ps4 version before it changes. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: weird, I guess it's 8.49 for the ps4 version until the 26th, but the vita doesn't get the same love.

They've updated the Vita price to $8.49.

I was surprised to see that Dragon Ball game on 3DS. Made me wonder if we're going to get another One Piece Unlimited World Red situation.

But then again, why not just develop for the extra platforms from the outset?

I imagine whether or not it gets UWR'd depends entirely on when it's releasing versus Xenoverse 2. If there's a sizeable gap, then maybe. I don't know if BN could sell a Chibi RPG on consoles, though.

incpdo

Sorry for the very late reply.

First of all there are way more japanese exclusive games than those, for example Night of the True Kamaitachi that i'll never stop begging for, second games like Trails of Cold Steel, other Kiseki games and others only now are getting localized, they are old, at the time of their releases there weren't plans for localizations.

About Limited Run Games your reason alone is futile because:
1)Sony also has the more successful PS4, but again most of their games are vita games
2)Doing the same on PC for example would have been way easier(no sony rules and stuff) and cheaper(cheap dvd and dvd boxes instead of expensive vita propretary cards and boxes), Pc retail is dying? Yes but LRG is not for the masses, is for those who want to collect games, i'm sure that the world is full of pc gamers that would buy limited releases, look at kickstarter rewards for example.

About Pc games, well you keep being as realistic as 3ds owners dismissing vita lists, didn't sony try to get Type 0 on Vita for example? Sony can't go against developers will and plans, if those games ended on vita is because developers were already at least slightly interested on vita, Sony at max gave them a little push.
I got tired wishing this game could get localized

I imagine whether or not it gets UWR'd depends entirely on when it's releasing versus Xenoverse 2. If there's a sizeable gap, then maybe. I don't know if BN could sell a Chibi RPG on consoles, though.

Oh, I didn't know it was Chibi, that'll hurt its chances yeah.

DSwwcqZ.jpg

Inside My Radio PS4 - You ever wanted to play a platformer but only 1/4 of your button presses register? This game is for you. You are supposed to correspond all your button presses with the rhythm of the boring music and if you don't hit the button right you cannot do your move. It would have been better as just a generic platformer. Not fun. I do not like this game.

Gameplay Impressions

P3cLF9a.jpg

Tachyon Project PS4 - A twin stick shooter very derivative of Geometry Wars. Not bad but nothing really unique or interesting here. It's OK but I don't see why you would want to play this over the many better twin stick shooters.

Gameplay Impressions

18-Volt

I really want to know the reason why they're holding its release. I mean, it's submitted, it's rated, everything seem to be ready. They're holding it because... busy schedule? What else do they have this year? XCOM2, Battleborn and Mafia 3 for summer. Come on 2K, just give it to us already...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm interested in Constructor HD, wonder if I should get it...

kng3025

So there's a 50/50 chance a flash sale starts tomorrow.

I'm excited. :)

Was actually going to post if that was going to be the case. Read somewhere that velocity 2x was going to be on sale for 5 bucks, so the first thing that came to mind was a flash sale.

Clive

Hasn't there been a Flash Sale the third Friday of the month every single month in the past year? With one exception when it was during the fourth because of either Christmas or Thanksgiving I'd think. 50/50 sounds pessimistic.

Top Bottom