• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

I really want to know the reason why they're holding its release. I mean, it's submitted, it's rated, everything seem to be ready. They're holding it because... busy schedule? What else do they have this year? XCOM2, Battleborn and Mafia 3 for summer. Come on 2K, just give it to us already...

I thought they'd have released it a little before XCOM 2 for people interested in replaying, but nope. The game's clearly finished due to all the ratings/trophies released and the fact that I'm convinced 2K China developed it who have now been shut down.

But alas. What's most disappointing about this is we had all these leaks from last year that still haven't really come around. Was hoping for a new round of leaks for this year!

NesFe

DQ Builders Demo is up !!(130 megabytes only vita version) .I'm happy to report that I didn't feel any slowdowns in the game so far. The game looks great and has a nice sense of humor. The music is nice and calming. I was taken by surprise by the atmosphere of the game (humor, music, look ). Building seems easy, you use d-pad to scroll between you items that you want to use and triangle to set them. You have a work space that you can use to mix items for more advanced items. you can equip weapons/cloths from the menu for dungeon exploring/monster fighting I guess(still only have a stick).The demo definitely got a purchase from me.

Some Screenshots :
Starting area
F2SJ9bz.jpg

You can pick male or female, change hair, eye and skin color
WRy1JAb.jpg

The open map (first area only)
z2zeeDl.jpg

new work space
0uJjGYv.jpg

and a cool wallpaper:
yYaQlYE.jpg

NesFe

I mean when I click on screen, I hear a click sound, but nothing happens and nothing is mentioned about it in the tutorials so far.

incpdo

DQ Builders Demo is up !!(130 megabytes only vita version) .I'm happy to report that I didn't feel any slowdowns in the game so far. The game looks great and has a nice sense of humor. The music is nice and calming. I was taken by surprise by the atmosphere of the game (humor, music, look ). Building seems easy, you use d-pad to scroll between you items that you want to use and triangle to set them. You have a work space that you can use to mix items for more advanced items. you can equip weapons/cloths from the menu for dungeon exploring/monster fighting I guess(still only have a stick).The demo definitely got a purchase from me.

Some Screenshots :
Starting area
F2SJ9bz.jpg

WRy1JAb.jpg

z2zeeDl.jpg

new work space
0uJjGYv.jpg

and a cool wallpaper:
yYaQlYE.jpg
Looks nice. I'll wait till this game comes to na ( if it comes )

Some Screenshots :
Starting area
F2SJ9bz.jpg

WRy1JAb.jpg

z2zeeDl.jpg

new work space
0uJjGYv.jpg

and a cool wallpaper:
yYaQlYE.jpg

Does the game have a lock-on system when you are in combat, it looks a little clunky to me.

Ok I'm in. I'm surprised this games sell something on Vita.

Wow! If this turns out good it would be an ideal handheld game. Watching with interest.

It's funny, I was literally about to post the other day "I wish we got another few open-world games on Vita because I've played Amazing Spiderman/Gravity Rush/Need for Speed and I've only got Assassin's Creed left D:", and then this came along.

I definitely think it'd fit well on a handheld. This'll be the first LEGO game I've bought for Vita since Chima if it's legit.

18-Volt

http://videogames.lego.com/en-gb/community/blog/2016/blog20160121

Blog post about LEGO Marvel on Vita. Looks like they've genuinely got the open world running on Vita. Shame they couldn't manage it for Batman 3, but better late than never!

But it still is held back by inferior 3DS hardware. I wish they had a little more work done on Vita version like better draw distance, more enemies on screen and wider camera view. Otherwise it'll be exact same game with 3DS version.

But it still is held back by inferior 3DS hardware. I wish they had a little more work done on Vita version like better draw distance, more enemies on screen and wider camera view. Otherwise it'll be exact same game with 3DS version.

http://www.iplaypsvita.com/2016/01/...-about-lego-marvel-s-avengers-on-the-ps-vita/

In terms of the PS Vita itself, we offer unique UI and full support for the PS Vita’s touch screen features. We are always careful to ensure that our games are fully compatible (and comfortable) with PlayStation TV. We also use the extra oomph of the system in the open world hub to push back the draw distance and dial up the traffic and pedestrian population.

Im thinking of changing to my Japanese MC for the DQ builders demo. Have there been any other Japan exclusive demos lately (last ~8 months)?

I don't read Japanese so if there is i.e a Net High demo, I won't get much out of it.

RK128

The Vote Vita games were announced!

They are the following:
-Yakuza Companion App: Mini game collection that includes a lot of stuff (Monkey Ball, Columns, ect)
-Freedom Planet: 2D Action Platformer that mirrors Gunstar Heroes and Sonic the Hedgehog.
-Adventures of Mana: Square Enix RPG that is getting remade for the PS Vita
-Mighty Gun Volt: 2D Mega Man-like platformer that looks like a lot of fun

Here is the servey for those interested :D! https://t.co/zzBqEDdBtM

RK128

It doesn't have anything to do with Sony? Who's doing it then?

Liam from 2 Best Friends Play started this idea and after talking with a lot of major publishers and developers, got four games lined up with the best shot at happening on Vita.

So, this poll happened and at this point, it composed of two indie games and two JP publisher games (Sega and Square Enix).

Its worth noting that if this poll is successful and we get these games, Liam has more games line up to be voted on :).

Sony has nothing to do with this, so they are a non-factor for the poll.

Liam from 2 Best Friends Play started this idea and after talking with a lot of major publishers and developers, got four games lined up with the best shot at happening on Vita.

So, this poll happened and at this point, it composed of two indie games and two JP publisher games (Sega and Square Enix).

Its worth noting that if this poll is successful and we get these games, Liam has more games line up to be voted on :).

Awesome! I voted.

Oh, nice. I've already got it on PS4, so I doubt I'll pick this up, but it sounds like they really put the extra effort in to make the game play well.

That's unlikely... It doesn't come out until next week! Lego Avengers is based on the movies, unlike Lego Marvel, which is what you probably have now.

pariah164

I'm unfamiliar with Sonic, but Freedom Planet looks like the classic game that Sonic fans have been begging for. I'll buy it because it looks fun, if it comes out for Vita. Same with Adventures of Mana and Gal*Gunvolt.

Hikami

Tried the Dragon Quest Builders demo. On PS4 though since I couldn't be bothered to do the Vita account switching thing.

Game is fun. I was already interested in it before but that demo sold me on it.

NesFe

How's the draw distance on the Vita

There is a fog effect to cover far away areas, but overall I thought it was pretty good, as you can see from the open map picture (fog to the top right). Stuff like trees look better as you approach them and I noticed a pop here in there in forest areas with lots of trees, but nothing really surprising.

Honestly, I thought the game was perfect for the vita. I wasted like 2 hours playing the demo and then stoppped because the save data apparently doesn't transfer to the full game.

The flash sale is starting to go up. Based on what I've seen scrolling through the Vita games it's exclusively cheaper indie games, so don't get too excited if you're not into that. Some interesting things that haven't been on sale before though, like Three Fourths Home and Actual Sunlight.

The flash sale is starting to go up. Based on what I've seen scrolling through the Vita games it's exclusively cheaper indie games, so don't get too excited if you're not into that. Some interesting things that haven't been on sale before though, like Three Fourths Home and Actual Sunlight.

That's a shame. But then again, my backlog keeps getting bigger each month.

I don't want to talk down on this project and I appreciate all the work he has put into it, but (to me) this paints a very sad picture of where the vita is going and how far we, as fans, have moved the goalposts.

Personally I have to draw the line here.

I never wanted the AAA, big budget Hollywood games as I never really cared for things like COD, Ass Creed or GTA. What I want are smaller games and Japanese RPGs (and I'm getting many of them).

I will however not beg for games that IMO, looks like a lesser phone game(FF something) or a demo version of something that never happened (Yakuza). The other two games are not my type of games or similar to games I already own, so sadly I have no interest in them either.

This is no doom and gloom post,there are a lot of games that I look forward to this year and I respect if other people see things in these four games that I don't.

Edit: I will keep on fighting for the games that I want to see on the platform and I hope you all do the same for games that catches your interest :D

deadfolk

Anything PS4? I'm in EU, so Vita games on US psn are no use to me, but I have ~$8 burning a hole in my US wallet.

RK128

I don't want to talk down on this project and I appreciate all the work he has put into it, but (to me) this paints a very sad picture of where the vita is going and how far we, as fans, have moved the goalposts.

Personally I have to draw the line here.

I never wanted the AAA, big budget Hollywood games as I never really cared for things like COD, Ass Creed or GTA. What I want are smaller games and Japanese RPGs (and I'm getting many of them).

I will however not beg for games that IMO, looks like a lesser phone game(FF something) or a demo version of something that never happened (Yakuza). The other two games are not my type of games or similar to games I already own, so sadly I have no interest in them either.

This is no doom and gloom post,there are a lot of games that I look forward to this year and I respect if other people see things in these four games that I don't.

Lets face it; the Vita is on its final good year in 2016 :l. While we got a lot of localizations and indie games coming, this is it for Vita software. I honestly don't see a massive amount of announcements for 2017 games like we got with 2015, so I'm feeling like 'This is it man :l' in terms of Vita output this year.

Not dissing the massive amount of games coming out this year, but I don't picture a future for 2017 and 2018 for the system.

This poll is a helpful too, as it could lead to more stuff coming out in 2017 and 2018 if we get enough votes and while it bites that its coming down to us screaming to Sony to help get ports on Vita (Banner Saga) and begging (this poll), its better then getting nothing at all.

I'm thinking realistic here; we are lucky to get the amount of Vita games that we got and the fact we are getting more, is not just impressive but something that was unexpected after how badly the console sold at retail the past few years.

I love my Vita and I am pushing this poll as much as I can on the internet (made a thread about this, linked to this a lot on Twitter, ect) to ensure these four games have a shot at coming to the Vita. Is it stupid? Sure, these should be on Vita already and hearing that Galaxytrail is not making a Vita port out of good will (the game came out on Wii U with no poll or anything) is disappointing but whatever.

Vita may mean life, but thats if we put energy in ensuring more games come out for the thing. If we sit back and do nothing (not buy games, not voice our thoughts), then the system will die in no time. If people think I'm wrong stating this, feel free to correct me, but that is my opinion.

Top Bottom