• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

pariah164

Did I take advantage of the Flash Sale?

KIYN9Ta.jpg
Yeah, kind of.

I am going in blind on all these except Sound Shapes. Excited!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
PSN did that thing where it wouldn't take my CC no matter what...and considering there is a Blizzard the only place that had cards only had it in 50 dollars, so I'm now good for SEN monies for the next year or two.

autoduelist

Nekoburo or Nun Attack?

Nun Attack is a so-so Battleheart clone. You basically use touch to move your four units around the screen/battlefield. They auto-attack if in range, but also have special skills you can trigger.
it's been ages since I played it, but iirc the biggest issue was that where Battleheart had a nice rpg feel and lots of lewt, etc, Nun Attack just felt rather simplified and bland.
It's a fun enough mobile-ish time waster, but it's not great.

To be clear - the Battleheart-esque control scheme is, in theory, fantastic. I loved that game. Nun Attack just has nun of the soul or depth Battleheart did [and Battleheart wasn't all that deep, though I hear good things about its sequel].

I'm buying Nekoburo, don't know about that.

i wasn't following this game. Didn't realize it was such a 1 to 1 souls clone. If it's got the action queueing of souls I'll cry.

I just really like how the game motivates you to kill enemies, to do more runs for loot. It sure takes inspiration from the Souls series, but it takes several aspects from other games as well. Really looking forward to playing this.

I just really like how the game motivates you to kill enemies, to do more runs for loot. It sure takes inspiration from the Souls series, but it takes several aspects from other games as well. Really looking forward to playing this.

yeah the differences seem to alleviate some of my frustrations with souls. I'll probably end up playing it at some point.... assuming it doesn't have ridiculous action queueing.

The Stranger of Sword City LE will be up for pre-order at VGP tomorrow. I already got a cheap pre-order of the standard EU version but depending on the price I may switch to the LE instead...

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/691304075405692928

Yeah was just about to post that. VGP eating NISA EU's lunch once again :D

Does the game have any DLC?

EDIT: In Japan, all DLC was apparenty limited to promotions

NPC portrait delivery
1st
Period: January 22, 2015 (Thursday) - February 4 (water)
Contents: Gentiles guild portrait set (Liu today, Anna, Gururuba, Giriusu)
2nd
Period: February 5, 2015 (Thursday) to February 18 (Wed)
Contents: Esca Rio portrait set (Maririsu, Helga, Alm, rain, Doransaku)

4Gamer readers limited DLC is "black luster to Card"

Effect enemy LV + 10

Blitz PS DLC "shining beginner mark"

Effect about enemy LV-10

Famitsu DLC "beginner cheer set"
Consumption item assortment for beginners (butterfly wings x5, butterfly heart x1, phoenix feathers x5, Poinidoru x5, sweet with black candy x1,1000C)

Confirmation on paper of Weekly Famitsu issue February 5, 2015 (released January 22, 2015).

Nothing essential

Give me a decent price and I'm in.

Zhao_Yun

What the hell man X(. I didn't volatile the rules or anything :(.

Going to be more active about this on Twitter the next few days now.

NeoGaf hates the Vita man :'(.

Might want to contact a Mod on why the thread was closed. At least I have no idea why it shouldn't be allowed here.

RK128

Might want to contact a Mod on why the thread was closed. At least I have no idea why it shouldn't be allowed here.

I sent a PM to one and hopefully will get a response soon. Tweeted this to the VoteVita twitter and they are getting a new thread set up too.

RK128

I made the video for this week's new releases https://youtu.be/3b3_yX5Uens I hope This War of Mine doesn't get overlooked because of The Witness, at least they are releasing it on friday instead of Tuesday.

Great video :D! Keep up the great work and I hope everyone enjoys those games on PS4.

Vita owners getting open-world Lego Marvel and Sunday RPG is great too.

Edit: Got a response for why my thread was locked:
"Your thread was locked because we discourage unsanctioned petitions. You've not broken any rules but a podcast's wish list poll doesn't really merit a thread."

I understand the rules so, while its a shame, we can still push the movement through other sites and social media.

I guess so man :l. At least I got a response for why the thread was locked instead of no one responding. A shame but could be worse.

It sucks not being able to talk about it openly here. From all the sites I visit GAF probably has one of the bigger Vita communities. It's such a waste.

RK128

It sucks not being able to talk about it openly here. From all the sites I visit GAF probably has one of the bigger Vita communities. It's such a waste.

We still have Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites to work with in spreading word about the Vote Vita movement. So, the thread closing isn't the worse thing in the world.

Well, looks like the word can't get out for #VoteVita on GAF anymore:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1174244

Got locked just after I posted in it after getting in today.

Not even a reason or a ModBot post? What the hell?
"Your thread was locked because we discourage unsanctioned petitions. You've not broken any rules but a podcast's wish list poll doesn't really merit a thread."
Complaining about moderation might get me banned, but this is really dumb. As far as we know they aren't even completely unsanctioned, with at least the smaller devs probably being involved. Maybe someone can expain why unsanctioned petitions are not allowed? Especially ones with a good reception, lots of positive buzz and the chance to actually make something happen since there were prior talks with the devs? I don't get it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was beyond stoked to play EITR on my Vita, but VaatiVidya's 14min preview only made me want the game more. Dark Souls gameplay with loot and level replayability like Diablo?? And all of this in beautiful pixelated 2D art. It's like this game was made just for me.
I like it, i hope it will come to vita because i would buy it but it's really too unnecesserily dark for my tastes.

Well, looks like the word can't get out for #VoteVita on GAF anymore:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1174244

Got locked just after I posted in it after getting in today.
I wonder why. i just read the reason, what does "unsanctioned" petitions mean? EDIT: i guess unauthorized.

Anyway i'm honored that Liam cares for my peace of mind, but i wonder where he got neogaf suggestions, did i missed his thread?

I know that i may look very critic about this but just to be clear i'm not despising the campaign or whatever, i'm happy that Liam is doing this and even if in the end we get nothing i appreciate him because he's trying, i just think that the best way to make this campaign and eventual future ones successful is to say what it could be done to improve them, i say these things because i care about this campaign, not the opposite.

I understand the rules so, while its a shame, we can still push the movement through other sites and social media.

I don't remember the petition for Sega's game to be released on PC being locked.

RK128

He's right. That's completely expected.

If you guys can't see that I have no fucking idea what you were expecting from that survey.

Not everyone likes mobile games or games being on mobile devices (even if they are great, like Pocket Morty's and Steven Universe: Attack on Light) but a Vita poll is focused on games and with the localization of the mobile version happening (or likely to happen), of course you would ask that question in the poll.

I will agree that Liam could of phrased the question better to avoid it being so one sided but I see no issue with the question itself.

I will apologize if my post was immature, as that isn't the best way to respond in discussions.

Not everyone likes mobile games or games being on mobile devices (even if they are great, like Pocket Morty's and Steven Universe: Attack on Light) but a Vita poll is focused on games and with the localization of the mobile version happening (or likely to happen), of course you would ask that question in the poll.

I will agree that Liam could of phrased the question better to avoid it being so one sided but I see no issue with the question itself.

I will apologize if my post was immature, as that isn't the best way to respond in discussions.

What he means is that in a poll named "Vote Vita" the majority not wanting to play a game on mobile when a Vita version exist is pretty logical.

He's right. That's completely expected.

If you guys can't see that I have no fucking idea what you were expecting from that survey.

Of course it's expected. Did I say it wasn't? It's still good to see a hard number, because that's what the survey is about. Getting actual numbers to show to publishers. We could just make up some percentages that you think are the right ones, but that's kind of pointless.

Most people think Hillary will win the next US presidential election, should we just skip the vote because of that?

I was just sharing information from the campaign, a snarky reply like his is completely unnecessary, unless you just want people to post less in general in here.

The whole survey is biased. It's volunteer based, not a random sample so it will always be biased. Additionally, the survey has a specific purpose, that being to convince corporations to bring their games to vita. People know this, and will vote in the way they think makes this most likely.

For example, I don't care about anything but Mana on their list of games. However you bet your ass I said I'd buy them all on vita.
Of course it's expected. Did I say it wasn't? It's still good to see a hard number, because that's what the survey is about. Getting actual numbers to show to publishers. We could just make up some percentages that you think are the right ones, but that's kind of pointless.

I was just sharing information from the campaign, a snarky reply like his is completely unnecessary.
More or less unnecessary than a tired meme and a useless stat?

Prelude.

Putting the literal portbegging threads that are still open aside, did anyone try to contact a mod and explain what's this project exactly? That they contacted developers and publishers before making the poll?

RK128

Putting the literal portbegging threads that are still open aside, did anyone try to contact a mod and explain what's this project exactly? That they contacted developers and publishers before making the poll?

I asked a mod and they explained why they closed the thread. I'm not risking my account to be banned (already got banned for two weeks in August last year X() questioning there reasoning for closing the thread.

Aeana

If you see threads like that, point them out to us. Port begging is still against the rules, but I know I sure as hell do not have time to read the forum all day to find it. One of the worst arguments you can present to us is "this thing that's similar happened or is happening, so clearly you condone it there." No, all that means is that we didn't see it. Lack of action is not condoning. If you see something and don't report it, then you don't have a leg to stand on when criticizing what we do here.

The whole survey is biased. It's volunteer based, not a random sample so it will always be biased. Additionally, the survey has a specific purpose, that being to convince corporations to bring their games to vita. People know this, and will vote in the way they think makes this most likely.

For example, I don't care about anything but Mana on their list of games. However you bet your ass I said I'd buy them all on vita.

More or less unnecessary than a tired meme and a useless stat?

I just don't get the fucking negativity. If you think it's dumb and silly, great. What do you achieve by shitting on other than some false sense of superiority?

You're not smarter than the people supporting it, all of the things you are pointing out are logical. That doesn't invalidate the campaign, because just like you in your infinite wisdom, everyone else can interpret the numbers with those things in mind. Almost all polls are in some way biased, they are still a valuable tool in market research.

And as you can already see from the results, not everyone votes like you.
If you see threads like that, point them out to us. Port begging is still against the rules, but I know I sure as hell do not have time to read the forum all day to find it. One of the worst arguments you can present to us is "this thing that's similar happened or is happening, so clearly you condone it there." No, all that means is that we didn't see it. Lack of action is not condoning. If you see something and don't report it, then you don't have a leg to stand on when criticizing what we do here.

Is the decision to close the VoteVita thread final?

Heh, I figured it would be something like that.

What's a sanctioned petition then? Something set up by a publisher/developer to ask for interest? 'cuz I ain't seen any of those around.

Oh well. It is what it is I suppose. That's just a bizarre-ass reason in my opinion.

Top Bottom