• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

In other news: Fruit of Grisaia has been submitted to Sony and Sekai Project are now licenced devs. What took them so long, I have no idea:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-three-huge-visual-novels-for-p/posts/1472298

And it will take even longer. IIRC they are not using the JP Vita ports by Prototype. They are porting it to Unity by themselves.

And amusing news - Root Double has a Vita version in the pledges. And it's $225. And there's no physical version. El oh el:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1473372

Hahaha. $225 and no Vita physical? Fuck that.

incpdo

This is it for me , at least for now. Im not going to try to convince anyone of my point of view . But sometimes gaff turns into this monster where negative and depressive scenarios take place. Im not actually ok mood wise so im gonna stick here as a lurker ghost with no opinion for a while. I dont believe there will be any change or anybody noticing this, but ill take a break from this forum and maybe check on news or information from time to time. Take care pals!

RK128

This is it for me , at least for now. Im not going to try to convince anyone of my point of view . But sometimes gaff turns into this monster where negative and depressive scenarios take place. Im not actually ok mood wise so im gonna stick here as a lurker ghost with no opinion for a while. I dont believe there will be any change or anybody noticing this, but ill take a break from this forum and maybe check on news or information from time to time. Take care pals!

I understand buddy. Hope you feel better soon and that whenever you decide to come back to Gaf, things get better.

Takao

Banned
yCPD9YC.gif
gbLP8mQ.gif
pOVnvi2.gif
KwCNhnr.gif
3xw2CVn.gif
fvFv2nQ.gif
mC6bKOD.gif
Trailer (NSFW): https://youtu.be/FZrOCtgk_Uc

Hope you get better soon. Looking forward to your triumphant return.

RK128

Wow , last page had some good stuff going on lol.

It sure was a lot of fun :(.

Appears the Mighty No. 9 got pushed back.....again, but with a 'Spring 2016' time frame instead of a proper release date. Thread covering this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175109

I would laugh but I wasted enough time talking about this game :'). Hope this means the Vita version comes out alongside the PS4/PS3 versions when it launches at the very least now.

Appears the Mighty No. 9 got pushed back.....again, but with a 'Spring 2016' time frame instead of a proper release date. Thread covering this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175109

I would laugh but I wasted enough time talking about this game :'). Hope this means the Vita version comes out alongside the PS4/PS3 versions when it launches at the very least now.

Man at this point, this game is becoming a joke. It's being handled in a disastrous way. It's gonna hurt them bad in the end I think. Again I say, show your game, talk about it when it's ready. The amount of delays that this game has gotten is getting out of hand.

RK128

Man at this point, this game is becoming a joke. It's being handled in a disastrous way. It's gonna hurt them bad in the end I think. Again I say, show your game, talk about it when it's ready. The amount of delays that this game has gotten is getting out of hand.

I agree man; want this out soon so we can play it and form my own view point on the title :l.

I feel they should of released the SP portion to PS4/X1/PC/Wii U players first, then when they do the second batch of releases on PS3/360, patch-in the online mode with all versions. Gut the online features for 3DS and Vita to get them out closer to the PS3/360 releases.

Done, you have your game out, people are talking about it and people (should) be happy :).

I agree man; want this out soon so we can play it and form my own view point on the title :l.

I feel they should of released the SP portion to PS4/X1/PC/Wii U players first, then when they do the second batch of releases on PS3/360, patch-in the online mode with all versions. Gut the online features for 3DS and Vita to get them out closer to the PS3/360 releases.

Done, you have your game out, people are talking about it and people (should) be happy :).

I mean people were already butthurt about the previous delay, the graphics engine, the whole Vita/3DS vs consoles situation. I wasn't planning on picking this up really, it just isn't my cup of tea, but I wouldn't be surprised if even the fans of games like these didn't pick this up at launch. It's gonna bomb hard. And everything because of some multiplayer mode, that from where I stand I see people not that interested in.

Companies need to start realizing that less is more. I can't stress that enough. Keep thing under wraps. Sure you want to inform your potential buyers/shareholders, but making empty promises will only hurt you in the end. I'm still waiting on the Axiom Verge Vita port. Skullgirls. I've learned my lesson now though. Unless I see a hard date, other than "Season 201x" I won't be putting money down on anything.

Other than God Eater of course.
lol

RK128

I mean people were already butthurt about the previous delay, the graphics engine, the whole Vita/3DS vs consoles situation. I wasn't planning on picking this up really, it just isn't my cup of tea, but I wouldn't be surprised if even the fans of games like these didn't pick this up at launch. It's gonna bomb hard. And everything because of some multiplayer mode, that from where I stand I see people not that interested in.

Companies need to start realizing that less is more. I can't stress that enough. Keep thing under wraps. Sure you want to inform your potential buyers/shareholders, but making empty promises will only hurt you in the end. I'm still waiting on the Axiom Verge Vita port. Skullgirls. I've learned my lesson now though. Unless I see a hard date, other than "Season 201x" I won't be putting money down on anything.

Other than God Eater of course.
lol

I am in the same camp man; still waiting on Axiom Verge (hopefully coming out next month :().

I want hard release dates on games and with how long it takes some games to land on Vita, its best to have an 'wait and see' look toward things.

The bolded is so true but most companies and studios almost are afraid to do that for some reason :l.

I am in the same camp man; still waiting on Axiom Verge (hopefully coming out next month :().

I want hard release dates on games and with how long it takes some games to land on Vita, its best to have an 'wait and see' look toward things.

The bolded is so true but most companies and studios almost are afraid to do that for some reason :l.

Nice avy change ^

As a side note that kinda relates to the topic of handling information tactfully, I'm honestly impressed with how Ubisoft is handling The Division, I've said this before. These guys usually fall as victims of what you bolded, specially with Assassin's Creed. I'm sure the marketing push is going to start hitting after the beta, but that's it: AFTER THE BETA. After real people, not just press, had time with the game. Let the buyer make his or her own decisions. Help to improve the game even. Show footage, talk about it along with the people. I want to see things for myself, I don't want a game's plot or mechanics spoiled for me before I even unwrap my game's case/finish my download.

Another game that is doing that is Persona 5. Everyone is stoked about the game simply because the little that they showed looked good. We basically know very little about the game. Honestly, all they need to do now is give a release date, and that's that. Game will sell bucket loads on its own.

Uncharted 4 is another one.

I miss the days before the Internet, in that we only had monthly magazines to inform us.

RK128

Nice avy change ^

As a side note that kinda relates to the topic of handling information tactfully, I'm honestly impressed with how Ubisoft is handling The Division, I've said this before. These guys usually fall as victims of what you bolded, specially with Assassin's Creed. I'm sure the marketing push is going to start hitting after the beta, but that's it: AFTER THE BETA. After real people, not just press, had time with the game. Let the buyer make his or her own decisions. Help to improve the game even. Show footage, talk about it along with the people. I want to see things for myself, I don't want a game's plot or mechanics spoiled for me before I even unwrap my game's case/finish my download.

Another game that is doing that is Persona 5. Everyone is stoked about the game simply because the little that they showed looked good. We basically know very little about the game. Honestly, all they need to do now is give a release date, and that's that. Game will sell bucket loads on its own.

Uncharted 4 is another one.

I miss the days before the Internet, in that we only had monthly magazines to inform us.

Thank you Names :D! After the mess that was yesterday, a fresh start was needed and using Classic Sonic was a nice idea :).

I have to commend Ubisoft with the Division too; looks great and the beta impressions I heard online were very positive. They took peoples issues with past marketing to heart and that is clearly shown with how coverage on the Division is being handled.

Uncharted 4 is a good one too, with enough being shown off to make people excited.

Persona 5 is the odd one for me, as while I getting it day zero on my PS3 or my future PS4.....the lack of information on the title has me feeling 'Meh' about it as a whole. Still want it badly, but due to no information and many delays, I feel content not caring about the game until its in my two hands :). I love P3 and P4 a lot, so I have hopes that it will be just as good (if not better) then those two titles. The gameplay released so far shows me it can be better too, so that is a great sign :D.

Thank you Names :D! After the mess that was yesterday, a fresh start was needed and using Classic Sonic was a nice idea :).

I have to commend Ubisoft with the Division too; looks great and the beta impressions I heard online were very positive. They took peoples issues with past marketing to heart and that is clearly shown with how coverage on the Division is being handled.

Uncharted 4 is a good one too, with enough being shown off to make people excited.

Persona 5 is the odd one for me, as while I getting it day zero on my PS3 or my future PS4.....the lack of information on the title has me feeling 'Meh' about it as a whole. Still want it badly, but due to no information and many delays, I feel content not caring about the game until its in my two hands :). I love P3 and P4 a lot, so I have hopes that it will be just as good (if not better) then those two titles. The gameplay released so far shows me it can be better too, so that is a great sign :D.

I'd say feeling like 'meh' isn't bad at all. The game won't be out until the Summer at the very least, which means there is still a 6-7 month wait (and that is assuming that we are getting the game close to JPs release, which I doubt we will). Between now and then, if they kept on giving us info, we'd go from being 'meh' to being burnt out and spoiled on most of the plot for the game, which is really why everyone plays these games. Also, the longer they don't have to show the game, the more Dev time they can put into the actual content of the title, rather than its marketing videos, etc. I'm ok with it. I'm sure we will see more of the game closer to its launch though.

RK128

I'd say feeling like 'meh' isn't bad at all. The game won't be out until the Summer at the very least, which means there is still a 6-7 month wait (and that is assuming that we are getting the game close to JPs release, which I doubt we will). Between now and then, if they kept on giving us info, we'd go from being 'meh' to being burnt out and spoiled on most of the plot for the game, which is really why everyone plays these games. Also, the longer they don't have to show the game, the more Dev time they can put into the actual content of the title, rather than its marketing videos, etc. I'm ok with it. I'm sure we will see more of the game closer to its launch though.

I agree with you; when the game is closer to launch, we will get a new trailer or two. Just hope we get a release date for the US/EU versions; it might launch in JP in the summer but it might be a while before US/EU gamers get a chance to play it :l.

Stranger of Sword City (Vita) limited edition is now available at VGP+ for $79.99CDN. With the cheap shipping, this should be the cheapest option for foreigners.

I wonder if I'd be able to go pick up the title at their store if I wanted to. I live 10-15 mins away from them. I'd still rather keep my 30% off preorder from Amazon, but for future reference, I may give them a call one day and ask if they only sell these LE's online, or if they carry them in the store too.

I agree with you; when the game is closer to launch, we will get a new trailer or two. Just hope we get a release date for the US/EU versions; it might launch in JP in the summer but it might be a while before US/EU gamers get a chance to play it :l.

Ehhh I bet it's gonna be a fall/winter title. FF XV is clearly aiming for the Summer as well, and since that one is an international release, we Westerners would benefit from getting both titles spaced out.

RK128

Ehhh I bet it's gonna be a fall/winter title. FF XV is clearly aiming for the Summer as well, and since that one is an international release, we Westerners would benefit from getting both titles spaced out.

I don't think FFXV will be an early summer game (betting something around July or August), which makes it only a month or so apart from P5 (September/October).

But you are right, having the two releasing at different times gives everyone a chance to fully play both games instead of playing one over the other.

I don't think FFXV will be an early summer game (betting something around July or August), which makes it only a month or so apart from P5 (September/October).

But you are right, having the two releasing at different times gives everyone a chance to fully play both games instead of playing one over the other.

Yeah and to be honest I want time to play these 2 beasts separately. Whatever games release around that time frame will have be put aside. There is other stuff that I'm looking forward to, like the 2 GE games and VLR3, but when it comes down to it I grew up into an adult wanting to play Versus, and Persona is my favourite franchise of all time. It's tough. There's too much to play this year.

Saphirax

Yeah and to be honest I want time to play these 2 beasts separately. Whatever games release around that time frame will have be put aside. There is other stuff that I'm looking forward to, like the 2 GE games and VLR3, but when it comes down to it I grew up into an adult wanting to play Versus, and Persona is my favourite franchise of all time. It's tough. There's too much to play this year.

As much as I look forward to finally being able to play XV, I can't say I'm not worried about the game's direction. There's so many things that could go wrong and make me enjoy the game less.

I hope XV ends up having a decent amount of side-quests/post game content and that they'll be interesting and not just your standard fetch quests.

I've more faith in P5 :p.

RK128

As much as I look forward to finally being able to play XV, I can't say I'm not worried about the game's direction. There's so many things that could go wrong and make me enjoy the game less.

I hope XV ends up having a decent amount of side-quests/post game content and that they'll be interesting and not just your standard fetch quests.

I feel that P5 will be the better game when both launch, but I have hope that FFXV is at the very least, better then the FFXIII games. Considering I know it will be, that makes me feel better about the project :D.

I know that FF XV is gonna be good. Now is it gonna be excellent? That's the real question, I understand your worries. Persona 5 I have complete faith on too.

Saphirax

I feel that P5 will be the better game when both launch, but I have hope that FFXV is at the very least, better then the FFXIII games. Considering I know it will be, that makes me feel better about the project :D.

I know that FF XV is gonna be good. Now is it gonna be excellent? That's the real question, I understand your worries. Persona 5 I have complete faith on too.

The only thing I've no faith in about P5 is its EU release date. It's going to be 2017.
Gonna buy both regardless. Hopefully, they won't launch too close to each other (since I'll probably have to import P5).

The only thing I've no faith in about P5 is its EU release date. It's going to be 2017.
Gonna buy both regardless. Hopefully, they won't launch too close to each other (since I'll probably have to import P5).

I wouldn't be surprised if we got it in early 2017 too. I think SMT4F will come first for us around Summer/Fall. Then we will get P5 in maybe December, or even January. But yeah with how things are in EU unfortunately, whichever date we get it on, you will be getting later.

RK128

Considering tomorrow is when PS+ games are normally announced, what games do you think will land on Plus :D?

I think it will be the following games:
-PS4: Not a Hero, 1001 Spikes
-PS3: Retail PS3 Game, Indie/Retail PS3 Game
-PS Vita: Crypt of the Necrodancer/VVVVVV, Oddworld Munches Oddysee HD

Shizuka

Considering tomorrow is when PS+ games are normally announced, what games do you think will land on Plus :D?

I think it will be the following games:
-PS4: Not a Hero, 1001 Spikes
-PS3: Retail PS3 Game, Indie/Retail PS3 Game
-PS Vita: Crypt of the Necrodancer/VVVVVV, Oddworld Munches Oddysee HD

Not Crypt of the Necrodancer, the developer said so on Twitter.

RK128

Not Crypt of the Necrodancer, the developer said so on Twitter.

They could change there minds, so that is why I but a / between that and VVVVVV. VVVVVV would hypothetically take its slot :).

Edit: Looking up some stuff about Undertale (its soundtrack and some reviews)....it is really getting me interested in the game. Hopeful that it comes to PlayStation in the future but will get the game on my Laptop with the next few weeks :).

VLiberty

RK's list would be godlike, especially considering that I'm not willing to give any money to both Nicalis and everyone involved with Not a Hero, but I want to play NaH, 1001 Spikes and VVVVVV.

Munch's would also be very appreciated.

Shizuka

RK's list would be godlike, especially considering that I'm not willing to give any money to both Nicalis and everyone involved with Not a Hero, but I want to play NaH, 1001 Spikes and VVVVVV.

Munch was 2.50 last month, that's when I got it.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
They could change there minds, so that is why I but a / between that and VVVVVV. If they are telling the truth, then VVVVVV would hypothetically take its slot :).

Edit: Looking up some stuff about Undertale (its soundtrack and some reviews)....it is really getting me interested in the game. Hopeful that it comes to PlayStation in the future but will get the game on my Laptop with the next few weeks :).
yeah like they are going to sign a contract with sony over the week and have it on plus just because people want it

"If they are telling the truth" So you think they are liars?

If they go on Plus, you're already giving them money. That's where sony spent your money like it or not.

RK128

I agree; Not a Hero being PS4 Only while understandable, means I'm not buying it. So it being part of PS+ would be a nice bonus for whenever I get a PS4.

I feel that 1001 Spikes and VVVVVV are games that are old enough to be part of the PS+ month for Feb. They are quality games and games I'm sure Vita owners missed out on or never played them a while back (I never got them during sales or at launch for example). Giving them new light through PS+ is a great idea.

Munch's will be a great Plus game due to, well, the other Oddworlds landing on Plus. Strangers Wrath HD PS Vita was a Plus game late 2013 and the PS3 version of Munch landed on Plus sometime in 2014. And early 2015, Oddworld New N' Tasty landed on Plus for PS4 owners, with cross-buy still activated (meaning many of us got the Vita and PS3 versions for free, not locked to PS+).

So, considering all of that, Munch is the only Oddworld game they could give out for PS Vita owners on Plus and considering how old the Vita port is (a good year or so), it would be a great way for Oddworld Inhabitants to get some money toward future projects.

RK128

yeah like they are going to sign a contract with sony over the week and have it on plus just because people want it

"If they are telling the truth" So you think they are liars?

Not saying they are liars; just that people change there minds over deals sometimes. Will edit my post as I was wrong. Sorry guys.

Shizuka

By the way, since some of you here might know this better:

We are currently getting a submission build for Sony to evaluate before we can get the final approval to release The Fruit of Grisaia on PSVita.

Doesn't that mean master testing, a.k.a. it'll be released as soon as SCEA gives them the okay?

Hikami

Trying the 'only buy one full price game a month' again.. which I failed at the end of last year but oh well. Thinking of getting Digimon for February. What are the other big Playstation releases?

Shizuka

Trying the 'only buy one full price game a month' again.. which I failed at the end of last year but oh well. Thinking of getting Digimon for February. What are the other big Playstation releases?

Gravity Rush Remastered. I'd say Arslan as well, but I'll probably be the only one who knows about that game.

I don't think there's anything major. February is good for Nintendo with FE Fates and the OG Pokemon re-releases.

Now March and April is a different story.

RK128

I'm going to try and get the Pokemon E-Shop releases (at least PKM Yellow) and Digimon.

I think Gravity Rush Remastered is coming out in NA/EU next month too. Not sure about anything else but I'm sure a lot if coming (wouldn't be shocked if we get Axiom Verge for Feb.).

Edit: Complete forgot about those two YianGaruga X(. Thank you for the heads up. Yah, Neptuina VII and Street Fighter V are big PS4 games for next month, with Digimon being a big game for both systems and Axiom Verge likely being a mid/late Feb title for the Vita.

I don't think there's anything major. February is good for Nintendo with FE Fates and the OG Pokemon re-releases.

Now March and April is a different story.
Nothing major, just Street Fighter V. :p

There's also Neptunia VII

Hikami

I'd say Arslan as well, but I'll probably be the only one who knows about that game.
I would've bought this if the demo hadn't left such a horrible impression

Already played Gravity Rush on Vita, don't really want to replay it. Street Fighter V is out next month already? Huh. Well I sucked when I played the beta so don't think I'll get it.

Digimon it is! Hope enough people buy it so we can get the new Digimon World game as well.

February is good for Nintendo with FE Fates
Ah right, I would've bought this but I'm just not really interested in using my 3DS anymore.. I did play through Hoshido in the Japanese version at least.

RK128

I would've bought this if the demo hadn't left such a horrible impression

Already played Gravity Rush on Vita, don't really want to replay it. Street Fighter V is out next month already? Huh. Well I sucked when I played the beta so don't think I'll get it.

Digimon it is! Hope enough people buy it so we can get the new Digimon World game as well.

Ah right, I would've bought this but I'm just not really interested in using my 3DS anymore.. I did play through Hoshido in the Japanese version at least.

I don't have a lot of money myself, so while I'm not getting Digimon at launch, will get that for sure before the end of Feb :). Really want to play that and I hope it does well enough we get World 2 on Vita next year.

Street Fighter V might of gotten balance patches by the time the full game comes out, so it might be better for you when you play the retail version.

Hikami

I don't have a lot of money myself, so while I'm not getting Digimon at launch, will get that for sure before the end of Feb :). Really want to play that and I hope it does well enough we get World 2 on Vita next year.

Street Fighter V might of gotten balance patches by the time the full game comes out, so it might be better for you when you play the retail version.
Yeah, probably. I played just the very first beta so a lot has probably changed since then.

I want to like Street Fighter but I just suck at those type of games in general :p
I'm much better at the 2D fighters like Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena.

RK128

Yeah, probably. I played just the very first beta so a lot has probably changed since then.

I want to like Street Fighter but I just suck at those type of games in general :p
I'm much better at the 2D fighters like Blazblue and Persona 4 Arena.

I never really got into Street Fighter myself :(. Still, will give SFV and Ultra SFIV whenever I get a PS4 to support the series; want Capcom to make a MvC3-like fighter with Capcom characters online this generation at some point after all :).

I preferred playing UMvC3 and TvC over Street Fighter IV myself, so I understand some fighters not appealing to everyone :).

Edit: Like everything else about this game being leaked, the trailer for Platinum's TMNT game got leaked tonight :').

UBzQv97.gif

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYCfDjpJPlI

Top Bottom