• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcclB-ppCBg

Some LEGO Marvel open-world footage on Vita, off screen.

I may buy this on Friday. I know LEGO games are easy to find long after launch, but I've been itching for something like this on Vita for ages. And as lame as it sounds, I feel like putting this kind of effort in improving the handheld versions deserves to be shown support :p

I may buy this on Friday. I know LEGO games are easy to find long after launch, but I've been itching for something like this on Vita for ages. And as lame as it sounds, I feel like putting this kind of effort in improving the handheld versions deserves to be shown support :p
So much fog....

Spiderman on Vita has a better draw distance.

So much fog....

Spiderman on Vita has a better draw distance.

I mean,it's their first go and it's still held back by a 3DS SKU. The fog is only really an issue when he's really high up.

I'm pretty pleased anyway. Was expecting it to still be hub-based but it's a legit open world, even if a bit foggy.

Benedict

Should I grab Bloodborne The Old Hunters DLC while it's on sale?
Don't know when I'll get the time to play it but it seems that DLC rarely go on sale here in EU.

Benedict

Square Enix and Far Cry sales seems to be this weeks major offers on US PSN.
Edit: Tomb Raider DE for $7.50 is a very good price...

Ephidel

Yeah, I had to use a PS3 to transfer over the DLC for Gods Eater Burst and Valkyria Chronicles 2. I assume it's the same for others.

Man, I was looking forward to that, too... always loved the Spider-Man 2 swinging mechanics.

My list of Vita games I was anticipating in 2016, before the year started:

- Aegis of Earth
- Assassin's Creed Chronicles
- Atelier Escha & Logy Plus
- Attractio
- Civ Rev 2 Plus
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth
- Drift Stage
- Drifter
- Energy Hook
- Gundam Extreme Vs. Force
- Not a Hero
- Paranautical Activity
- Ray Gigant
- Severed
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- Trillion God of Destruction
- World of Final Fantasy

Bolded have been cancelled already. Tbh I'm half expecting Attractio (Vita version coming "later"? hmm...) and Drifter (haven't heard anything in so long) to be cancelled too. New localization announcements should fill some gaps so it's not going to be a bad year, but still.

- Aegis of Earth
- Attractio
- Civ Rev 2 Plus
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth
- Drift Stage
- Drifter
- Energy Hook
- Not a Hero
- Paranautical Activity
- Ray Gigant
- Severed
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- World of Final Fantasy

Bolded have been cancelled already. Tbh I'm half expecting Attractio (Vita version coming "later"? hmm...) and Drifter (haven't heard anything in so long) to be cancelled too. New localization announcements should fill some gaps so it's not going to be a bad year, but still.

I can't believe you missed the Vita logo at the end of the attractio trailer!

On another topic: Jonathan Blow (and his team) is a genius!

For PSOne Classics: I already own FFVII and FFIX. Are these good prices for the other games? I have V, VI, VIII, and Origins in my cart right now.

anddo0

Anyone on the east coast having issues with the store and certain games?

I can't log into the web-store on Chrome, it loads on Edge but doesn't take my log in.
Also, games like Dark Souls 2 refuse to sign into the server.. All this started today.

RK128

Been a busy day with my first day back at college so didn't get a chance to respond to a lot of posts here XD! Today was a great day for the Vita :). Played a few games at once while waiting for my second class (first class was canncelled....with no email being sent to anyone, after I woke up early and waited an hour for class :l). SAO Level Grinding, watching some YouTube, playing a few indie games at once, and playing some good ol' Crash Bandicoot for a few minutes; strong way to kill four hours of waiting XD!

There are a handful of Disney games on sale today on EU PSN.

Stuff like Hercules, Toy STory 2 on PsOne or Hercules. PSP Games too, and PS3.

Get the list here : https://psprices.com/region-fr/index

This is a great deal, as both of those games you listed (in addition to a majority of the PS1 Disney games on sale) are solid action platformers with good controls, great music and fun level designs.

Looks great :D! Love the open world parts of the Lego games and with the Vita version of Lego Avengers being open world.....will get this at some point this year to show that I want more Lego Handheld games to mirror the console versions. Great job on TT Fusions Part :).

- Aegis of Earth
- Attractio
- Civ Rev 2 Plus
- Digimon Cyber Sleuth
- Drift Stage
- Drifter
- Energy Hook
- Not a Hero
- Paranautical Activity
- Ray Gigant
- Severed
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- World of Final Fantasy

Had no idea Energy Hook was scrapped on Vita :(. Looked so much fun...... I guess they thought putting resources into the Vita version was not worth it, considering they got the game to run really well on Vita based on that Gif. Not a Hero is likely in the same spot; it was scrapped due to the Vita version being a 'waste' of resources on the publishers part. More and more indies being scrapped on Vita......at least JP localizations will fill the void as more indies get canceled throughout the year :l.

30th should be PS+ reveal for Feb, right? Any idea what time they normally show up as announcements?

You're right; the last Wensday of the month is where Plus games are normally announced. I have a feeling they will be the following.
-PS4: Not a Hero, PS2 Classic
-PS3: Retail PS3 Game, Indie Game
-PS Vita: VVVVVV, 1001 Spikes

Okay so I am hoping someone here can help me with this problem. I made a new world in Terraria on vita and I can't use my right stick in any cursor mode. Switch back to my old world and the stick works just fine. Also the stick responds in any other game with no issues so I'm thinking it's Terraria and not the system. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit:
Odd but it's now working. I have no clue what happened.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay so I am hoping someone here can help me with this problem. I made a new world in Terraria on vita and I can't use my right stick in any cursor mode. Switch back to my old world and the stick works just fine. Also the stick responds in any other game with no issues so I'm thinking it's Terraria and not the system. Has this happened to anyone else?

Edit:
Odd but it's now working. I have no clue what happened.
Prepare 4 crash

I expect that list to be at half before the year is over. The golden age of indies coming to Vita is waning.

To be honest, it was waning last year, when the PS Blog was filled with indie announcements and nearly all of them were for PS4 only, and these games were asked for on Vita and we'd maybe get a comment saying "perhaps at some point in the future" or more often it was "unlikely".

Which y'know, I can handle because they were never announced for it in the first place. What I'm struggling to handle is all this stuff I've been looking forward to for a number of years being canned. Energy Hook especially, it's been going on since 2014 and he's got the game fricking running on Vita. Put a bit of time in optimization and release it =/

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I expect that list to be at half before the year is over. The golden age of indies coming to Vita is waning.

To be honest, it was waning last year, when the PS Blog was filled with indie announcements and nearly all of them were for PS4 only, and these games were asked for on Vita and we'd maybe get a comment saying "perhaps at some point in the future" or more often it was "unlikely".

Which y'know, I can handle because they were never announced for it in the first place. What I'm struggling to handle is all this stuff I've been looking forward to for a number of years being canned. Energy Hook especially, it's been going on since 2014 and he's got the game fricking running on Vita. Put a bit of time in optimization and release it =/
Man i'm starting to be sick and tired of this community, every time something happens "vita is dead", i was ok with haters saying that when vita got less support than now, but now that even Square and some western developers are making vita games? From Vita owners when even haters almost stopped hating? I can't deal with it.
Yeah let's ignore all the games coming because a pair of indies are being cancelled, i understand that some of you were hyped for them but be realistic, how many big games are cancelled for home consoles(star wars 1313, Legacy of kain whatever etc)? Have you ever even though that home console were dying because of that? Do you miss so much the doom and gloom that you need to do it yourself?

Anyway changing the subject, what's the appeal of energy hook? It always looked to me like a bad looking spiderman game with nothing to do, didn't it started as an attack on titan fan game or i'm confusing it with another game? Where are the titans(or the action in general)?

So only the best indies are released? I'm ok with that.
Well you shouldn't, the more the better, but it's not even the case of making so much doom and gloom like some here.

Yeah let's ignore all the games coming because a pair of indies are being cancelled,

4 indies cancelled in just over a month (Banner Saga; Energy Hook; Never Alone; Not a Hero), one of them saved by Gio. That's not "a pair of indies".

Now, only 2 of them were stuff I was bothered with, but that's enough to bring it up. I'm not massive on indies, but a few of them make up some of my favourite games on the platform (Geometry Wars; Guacamelee; Hotline Miami etc.), so when promising stuff gets cancelled it is moan-worthy, sure.

I understand that some of you were hyped for them but be realistic, how many big games are cancelled for home consoles(star wars 1313, Legacy of kain whatever etc)? Have you ever even though that home console were dying because of that? Do you miss so much the doom and gloom that you need to do it yourself?

In what way are these situations similar? Game getting cancelled outright across all platforms because of publisher problems =/= port of an indie game getting cancelled because the dev can't be bothered.

i was ok with haters saying that when vita got less support than now, but now that even Square and some western developers are making vita games? From Vita owners when even haters almost stopped hating? I can't deal with it.

That's the thing though, support is changing. So we've gained some minor support from 2K (two games if we're lucky) and some decent support from Square Enix (of which only one is announced in the west so far), but the indies are certainly slowing down even if they're still coming. Surely you understand that some people are going to be bothered by that?

Anyway changing the subject, what's the appeal of energy hook? It always looked to me like a bad looking spiderman game with nothing to do, didn't it started as an attack on titan fan game or i'm confusing it with another game? Where are the titans(or the action in general)?

That the web-swinging mechanics in spiderman 2 were fantastic and this was designed by the same guy. I liked the extreme-sports design of it myself.

VLiberty

I've stopped arguing about this. If the other Vita users are fine with that, or if they just can't see what's happening among the indie devs, I'm happy for them.

Powwa

I've stopped arguing about this. If the other Vita users are fine with that, or if they just can't see what's happening among the indie devs, I'm happy for them.

What good will it bring to argue about them though, especially if it was done plenty of times before?

The reason these games are getting cancelled is because the publishers and developers are not that confident of the install base and the sales. Sony's stance and Vita being 4 years old doesn't help it either. I think the best we can do is to support the games we are waiting for before they are on sale, I can't possibly think of anything else.

By the way did anyone try Lego Marvel's Avengers? After I heard that it was open world I was excited but BlueMaxima wasn't really happy with it in his video.

It's a domino effect. "Oh those guys pulled out and they managed to do just fine on the main platforms". I agree with those saying that this, and maybe a bit of 2017 too, will be the last years of the Vita. Until then, if a game that I want comes to it, I'll play it there. But in no way shape or form am I as attached to the device as I was a year, two, three ago. I've already let go and moved on. No point arguing of making a fit, Vita gave us some great games but it's time final days are coming slowly but surely.

Rizzi

I just got three emails saying I bought the Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO Demo Sanremo, World of Tanks and Far Cry 4 (Full Game Trial).
What.

Massa

PS+ February. Vita in bold.

Grid Autosport, PS3
Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back , PS4, PS3, PS Vita
Lemmings Touch, PS Vita
Nom Nom Galaxy, PS4
Nova-111, PS Vita
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, PS3

Top Bottom