• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

February will be killer though. There are a lot of games, but if I have to choose just a couple, it'll be Gravity Rush Remastered and Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Asia).

These for me as well. If time/money allows i'm also thinking about Megadimension Neptunia and EDF 4.1. But I'm only getting Deemo in January.

Zhao_Yun

My Cold Steel LE arrived today! It's so pretty :D
I am currently in the final chapter of FC. Only a matter of time now until I've caught up :p

For me, January is Deemo: The Last Recital (Asia), Atelier Escha & Logy Plus and Saturday Morning RPG. Basically, all the Vita limited releases I shared a few pages ago.

February will be killer though. There are a lot of games, but if I have to choose just a couple, it'll be Gravity Rush Remastered and Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Asia).

I think I'll only get Digimon in February. Kinda interested in the new Fire Emblem as well but since I only rarely play on my 3DS these days it can probably wait.

For January I am eyeing the physical edition of Life is Strange and This War Of Mine: The Little Ones.

These for me as well. If time/money allows i'm also thinking about Megadimension Neptunia and EDF 4.1. But I'm only getting Deemo in January.

Has Megadimension even been confirmed for February?

Has Megadimension even been confirmed for February?
Nope. Hoping for the placeholder to be correct, which is early Feb. Could very well change though.
I own a US 3DS so it doesn't really matter to me, but I just googled it and it doesn't seem to have a release date for Europe yet. Nintendo pls.

Yeah if I could go back in time I'd get a US model as well. Don't really care about FE anyway, haven't even played Awakening yet.

VLiberty

Did they cancel shantae vita?

Shantae 2(the one he's talking about) was never actually announced for Vita. We thought so due to the trophy list, but Wayforward then made clear that it was just for PS4, and that PS3 and Vita might be considered (hence the trophy list) but are not in the works as of now.

Shantae 4 on the other hand was announced on Vita and it's still coming although they've already said that it's coming sooner on certain systems, and later on others. Vita of course is in the latter bunch. by the way I'm not sure anymore about any announced game. Every day is a new Vita game canceled or "put on hold".

In case you've missed, in the past days Fenix Rage resurfaced as Fenix Furia and the devs are not mentioning Vita anymore, while Shadow Blade's devs posted about the game being PS4 only (despite being announced for every system under the sun except 3ds) and that the other versions are only "being considered" right now.

Shantae 4 on the other hand was announced on Vita and it's still coming although they've already said that it's coming sooner on certain systems, and later on others. Vita of course is in the latter bunch. by the way I'm not sure anymore about any announced game. Every day is a new Vita game canceled or "put on hold".

Yeah, it's become pretty silly. And combined with the fact that we don't really get that many indies announced for Vita anymore (by that, I mean that we get like 3-5 posts a week on the PS Blogs announcing indies, but they're nearly all PS4-only these days - any announcements tend to be the stuff that gets mined up on here and reddit by keen forum users).

The delays and cancellations are what's frustrating. At least we had a good run of stuff and there's a few bits and pieces I'm interested in for 2016.

Yeah, it's become pretty silly. And combined with the fact that we don't really get that many indies announced for Vita anymore (by that, I mean that we get like 3-5 posts a week on the PS Blogs announcing indies, but they're nearly all PS4-only these days - any announcements tend to be the stuff that gets mined up on here and reddit by keen forum users).

Yeah. Sometimes I wish for Sony do at least a Vita+ like the new 3DS. Mainly just to up the memory which seems to be the main issue for most games and as well make it easier to port from popular frameworks like UT and Unity. Reading the Bastion port and other indies blog posts show that it takes a lot of work to get stuff to run on the Vita.

I think soon we will start getting PSP games for PS+ since they are going to run out of indie games.

Takao

Banned
I don't know my Shantae versions but we never got a Shantae for Vita despite promises. Boy and His Blob probably won't happen. Wayforward is full of Vita lies.

The Shantae game that was announced for Vita hasn't launched on any platform yet. A Boy and His Blob is due out on January 17th and was ported by Abstraction.

Shizuka

Was there talk of English subtitles a while ago?

Ravidrath confirmed that the japanese version would have english subtitles as well.

EDF 4.1 is something you should only get if you're really excited for EDF, and even then I'd recommend EDF2 instead. Reception was beyond lukewarm.

I think I'll only get Digimon in February. Kinda interested in the new Fire Emblem as well but since I only rarely play on my 3DS these days it can probably wait.

For January I am eyeing the physical edition of Life is Strange and This War Of Mine: The Little Ones.

I was dying to play the new Fire Emblem, but judging that you'd have to pay a lot more than one game to get the full picture of the story, I'll have to postpone. If I didn't already have Life is Strange, I'd definitely get a physical copy.

Didn't know this was an argument. If you want me to say "you win" or something. You win. You are most educated on Vita games.
Please. You were wrong about something, brought up the totally unrelated boy and his blob port, and then subsequently-when someone corrected you- you decided to link a blog post of an entirely different game that hasn't released anywhere. It's not about me, it's about how instead of taking a moment to actually consider that what others were telling you might actually be true, and that you would be wrong, you decided to dig a hole.

I just don't understand.

Please. You were wrong about something, brought up the totally unrelated boy and his blob port, and then subsequently-when someone corrected you- you decided to link a blog post of an entirely different game that hasn't released anywhere. It's not about me, it's about how instead of taking a moment to actually consider that what others were telling you might actually be true, and that you would be wrong, you decided to dig a hole.

I just don't understand.

No this is about being a decent human. Other people corrected me without being a jerk. Did I piss you off or something or are you just a terrible human being normally?

Benedict

New games have been added to the European January sale.
Alien Isolation is tempting even though I have it for PC already.

How's Zombi?

pariah164

No this is about being a decent human. Other people corrected me without being a jerk. Did I piss you off or something or are you just a terrible human being normally?
Stop fighting before I ground you both.

Speaking of delayed games, is Skullgirls for Vita ever coming out, or should I just write it off as a lost cause and be done with it?

I stumbled across something amusing today, that I'd been searching for for a while:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...e_by_encouraging_fewer_home_console_ports.php

Koller believes Sony learned its lesson with that problem on PSP and is actively taking steps to avoid repeating that mistake on PS Vita. He says portable content "isn't something consumers play because they've left the living room. It's something that [needs to be] unique, and defines the Vita experience."

A lot of PS Vita's early catalog has so far been made up of console ports -- which may have contributed to the troubles Sony has faced with building momentum for the system so far -- but now the company is strongly recommending against and guiding publishers away from ports.

This panned out well, huh? Article from 2012. By mid-2014 Sony's only western-developed title for the Vita was a home console port. In 2015 it was pretty much the only thing they released.

Lesson learnt, aye?

Shizuka

Massa

I stumbled across something amusing today, that I'd been searching for for a while:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...e_by_encouraging_fewer_home_console_ports.php

This panned out well, huh? Article from 2012. By mid-2014 Sony's only western-developed title for the Vita was a home console port. In 2015 it was pretty much the only thing they released.

Lesson learnt, aye?

The first couple years of Sony's Vita line-up was the best they ever done. Much better than what they did on the PS4 even. It still sold like it did.

RK128

Lesson learnt, aye?

I get the impression every single game released from 2012-Early 2015 from Sony was decided upon at the start of the Vita's development. So much came out of Sony for Vita from 2012-2014 and they did a good job supporting it with first party games.

But Late 2014 onward, it was clear that the most they would do to support the Vita was ports of other games. Not a bad move, but its noteworthy considering how Nintendo supports the 3DS and Wii U (which is in a similar spot the Vita is at, though the complete inverse (third party support for Vita, first party support for Wii U).

They are trying, as many Vita ports are pushed by Sony or they help indie's out getting games on Vita (Banner Saga comes to mind, as they worked something out with the developers to get a new studio to make the Vita version).

Sometimes it's cheaper to port than to develop something from scratch.

And we don't even get that anymore.

(But yes, I understand that point, but within a year and a half of that statement we'd gone from "we'll make unique experiences on Vita and will try to stop home console ports!" to "here's a 2 year old home console port"

I mean, even worse, if they stopped other companies from doing it, now we're effectively getting nothing, so gg with that).

VLiberty

Thank you for remindind me of how they used to shat on the best and most complete library of any handheld system, just to make their new system look better.

I just watched the new Klaus video and like the new Fenix Rage video it only shows the PS4 logo :/

This is getting ridiculous

I know for sure I'm not getting any PS4 version of canceled indie games.

Omerta

Yesterday I went to EB Games (Australia) to trade in a game. I asked for a copy of The Witcher 3.

The nice girl said she had a used copy. She gave me an x box one disc.

I said "that's an x box one disc"

She thought she might have a copy on ps4 "out the back"

Several minutes passed

"I'm sorry, we don't have a used copy"

Knowing that it was only 50 bucks on psn, I asked for a 50 dollar psn voucher instead.

Next door to EB Games is a coffee shop. I literally bought the game and downloaded it to my ps4 before my coffee was served.

Digital future all the way!

Prelude.

The Square Enix Go game nobody asked for is coming soon apparently.
cyjqqsgueaiprtvltojo.jpg

RK128

The Square Enix Go game nobody asked for is coming soon apparently.

People wanted Lara Croft Go on Vita, so maybe Hitman Go's success will lead to Lara Croft Go to happen :).

They never bothered to bring the Chaos Rings Trilogy over to EU/NA though :(.

Prelude.

This is better than most B-tier "AAA" games that hit handhelds. Very fun game.
I thought it was painfully boring and also annoying. There's nothing more fun than cycling through the same path 20 times to get the guards in the right place. Lara Croft Go is so much better in every aspect.

Takao

Banned
I'm kind of surprised that Deus Ex mobile game only got a PC port. Seems like perfect PSN/XBLA fodder to help fill in the gap between HR and the new one.

Hikami

Finished Trails of Cold Steel. Yep, this is my 2015 GOTY. Also going in my top 3 games of all time while I'm at it, probably slightly below Persona 4.

Shizuka

It is, but I don't know what that has to do with what I said ...

I read your post as if you were surprised that only PC got a port, when the PS4 is also getting one. The new Deus Ex is not out yet, it can still be used for the purpose you mentioned.

Takao

Banned
Looking it up it seems that all of the high profile western SE mobile games run on Unity. I guess they're all candidates for PS4/PSV ports if Hitman Go does okay.

Though, part of me does wonder why they can justify porting that to Vita but not release the Vita version of Chaos Rings Tetralogy or Spelunker Z.

Shizuka

Looking it up it seems that all of the high profile western SE mobile games run on Unity. I guess they're all candidates for PS4/PSV ports if Hitman Go does okay.

Though, part of me does wonder why they can justify porting that to Vita but not release the Vita version of Chaos Rings Tetralogy or Spelunker Z.

East/West strikes again.

18-Volt

People wanted Lara Croft Go on Vita, so maybe Hitman Go's success will lead to Lara Croft Go to happen :).

They never bothered to bring the Chaos Rings Trilogy over to EU/NA though :(.

I even expect eventual Adam Jensen Go, Garret Go and Kain Go games. Concept is so good, both are among the best puzzle games I've played on iOS. I hope they consider using franchises from other companies.

Clive

Yet they won't give me Chaos Rings.

Did Chaos Rings III ever get the localized script for the Vita version in Asia? I remember 1, 2 and Omega getting digital Asian versions but 3 never had any announcement for an English Vita version IIRC. Feels ridiculous if true since it is already localized for Mobile.

Top Bottom