• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

Still haven't confirmed Escha & Logy Plus. Getting a little worried, it's only a couple of weeks from release D:

I think they only announced Ar Nosurge super close to the release as well, and didn't even take pre-orders. Maybe I misremember though.

My order at least shows that it was already in stock when I ordered.

I think they only announced Ar Nosurge super close to the release as well, and didn't even take pre-orders. Maybe I misremember though.

No, they definitely didn't take pre-orders (I remember being in work when I read they had put it up for sale :p)

Can't remember when they announced it though. Hopefully you're right and it'll come just closer to release!

Sondar

Still haven't confirmed Escha & Logy Plus. Getting a little worried, it's only a couple of weeks from release D:

No, they definitely didn't take pre-orders (I remember being in work when I read they had put it up for sale :p)

Can't remember when they announced it though. Hopefully you're right and it'll come just closer to release!

I think the orders for it went up a day or so after the shipping date from NIS.

I wonder how it works with VG+ & NIS? Do VG+ approach them early & ask for stock or do NIS wait until release date & depending on what stock they've got left, only then do they give some to VG+.

I think the orders for it went up a day or so after the shipping date from NIS.

I wonder how it works with VG+ & NIS? Do VG+ approach them early & ask for stock or do NIS wait until release date & depending on what stock they've got left, only then do they give some to VG+.

Considering how late they get confirmation, I'm assuming it's something like the latter. If NISA could sell all stock themselves they'd probably prefer that.

Prelude.

Not that it matters but the 3ds/vita gamefaq poll is so pathetic they should have just skipped it. If you're running a site like that and can't come up with decent 2015 games you should get a new job probably.

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/684589913854078976
https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/684590682137300992

That reads more like they'll most likely be able to confirm it soon. But who knows, punctuation is dead.

Not that it matters but the 3ds/vita gamefaq poll is so pathetic they should have just skipped it. If you're running a site like that and can't come up with decent 2015 games you should get a new job probably.

https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/684589913854078976
https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/684590682137300992

That reads more like they'll most likely be able to confirm it soon. But who knows, punctuation is dead.

Yeah looks like missed punctuation to me. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to sell it.

Downloaded the PS+ version of Driveclub for shits and giggles. Seeing the graphics on your computer screen is one thing, seeing them in motion is something else. This game is GORGEOUS.

EDIT: Apparently Volume is finally out for Vita?

redcrayon

Anyone know if the EU PSN store is adding items to it's sale today? I'd usually check the PSprices site but it's down at the moment.

ryseing

Downloaded the PS+ version of Driveclub for shits and giggles. Seeing the graphics on your computer screen is one thing, seeing them in motion is something else. This game is GORGEOUS.

Turn all the weather effects on. ALL OF THEM.

I can't wait for this game in VR.

Turn all the weather effects on. ALL OF THEM.

I can't wait for this game in VR.

I had this face in the middle of a snow storm, it felt so legit. I live in the snow so I'd know LOL. The controls are arcadey but at the same time grounded enough. I'm considering buying it just so I can have all the tracks and play every now and then.

NewDust

Seems like Patton will be changed to the Vita version in SCEE... The psp version now shows up as €29,99 and all other versions are nowhere to be seen.

Benedict

Seems like Patton will be changed to the Vita version in SCEE... The psp version now shows up as €29,99 and all other versions are nowhere to be seen.

Or maybe the are just removing the evidence.

Speaking of Patton, is SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit! worth playing?

Sondar

A few details from NISA Europe on Twitter about preordering Trails of Cold Steel on Friday (they were running a contest for a free fan pack).

If you didn't win you can still get a FREE fan pack when you pre-order #TrailsOfColdSteel Launch Edition on Friday!

Someone asked if it was free for all preorders.

Some pre-orders, you've got to be fast! Further details will be explained soon. ^^

Any Europeans getting this or have we all imported from VG+? Incidentally, on Twitter, VG+ said that deliveries might take 2-6 weeks.

Or maybe the are just removing the evidence.

Speaking of Patton, is SENRAN KAGURA Bon Appétit! worth playing?

Do you like rhythm games, food and boobs? Then yes. It's the most risque out of the SK games as well.
Any Europeans getting this or have we all imported from VG+? Incidentally, on Twitter, VG+ said that deliveries might take 2-6 weeks.

I got my VGP LE already since I paid for priority shipping AND I won a fan pack from NISA Europe twitter today. :)
Sorry for the brag :p

Or perhaps it was an honest mistake? The games don't have the Patton subtitle in their name in EU for the vita/ps3 version. only the psp version actually has it.

People always think that there is some big malicious plan behind what SCEE does, when in reality it's a handful of people who make mistakes and probably are trying to do the best with the resources and information they get from their bosses.

I mean, I'm annoyed at some of the things they pull, but it's hard to blame anyone specifically.

Benedict

What's the difference between the two Dragon's Age that are free on EU PSN?
If I choose one I can't add the other as well.
One has 224 reviews and the other has over 1000 reviews.
The one with 224 reviews says it comes with two free DLC.
Those are not mentioned in the other version.

NewDust

What's the difference between the two Dragon's Age that are free on EU PSN?
If I choose one I can't add the other as well.
One has 224 reviews and the other has over 1000 reviews.
The one with 224 reviews says it comes with two free DLC.
Those are not mentioned in the other version.

The 224 review one has the dlc packaged within, but otherwise it is free on the store anyway. No matter what version you 'buy' both will show up as purchased.

Ah, that was you on Twitter? Nice one! :)

These contests are never really fair, since the question is about the game and I'm one of the few that is actually already playing it in EU I guess. But I can't complain, that pack looks really nice. :)

It's the first poster I'll hang in my room in years.

Benedict

The 224 review one has the dlc packaged within, but otherwise it is free on the store anyway. No matter what version you 'buy' both will show up as purchased.

I can't find the DLC in the store. The only DLC shown when I search is Witch Hunt and Awakenings.

NewDust

I can't find the DLC in the store. The only DLC shown when I search is Witch Hunt and Awakenings.

Whoops my mistake, it isn't a seperate dl, but the dlc is patched in. Either way, whichever version you buy, once patched up either will give you access to the same stuff. If you want to be sure, just dl the 224 review one, it's 11,6 gb instead of the original 11,3 gb.

autoduelist

I had this face in the middle of a snow storm, it felt so legit. I live in the snow so I'd know LOL. The controls are arcadey but at the same time grounded enough. I'm considering buying it just so I can have all the tracks and play every now and then.

Driveclub with season pass is what, $20 on PSN? It's an absolute steal, and a perfect game to have digital so you can play whenever the urge strikes.

The game is ridiculously good, though the handling took me awhile to adjust to (coming from an arcade racing background).

The Patton "mishap" is a bunch of BS, and it all begins with how PlayStation deals with PS+ clarity (or a lack thereof).

I really wish they'd get their shit together as they're bleeding value like a sieve.

Shizuka

The Patton "mishap" is a bunch of BS, and it all begins with how PlayStation deals with PS+ clarity (or a lack thereof).

I really wish they'd get their shit together as they're bleeding value like a sieve.

It's the same as the Invizimals month, that should've been the Vita title, not a PSP one.

ryseing

Driveclub with season pass is what, $20 on PSN? It's an absolute steal, and a perfect game to have digital so you can play whenever the urge strikes.

The game is ridiculously good, though the handling took me awhile to adjust to (coming from an arcade racing background).

Yeah, definitely get the game+ season pass. Absurd amount of content. Evo done good after the rough launch.

aVQAg7A.jpg

Battlefield Hardline PS4

Multiplayer - This is surprisingly barebones for a "Battlefield" game. 7 modes where 4 of them are only minor variations of the same thing. Has the worst things I hate about Battlefield games amplified: lots of sniping and lots of walking to action. Nope.

Singleplayer - This is the best singleplayer in a Battlefield game ever. That is not saying much. It is actually a poorly implemented stealth game for the most part. It is basically crappy Hitman cop edition. The story is pretty good for a videogame story but it isn't groundbreaking. I enjoyed it for what it was enough to want to finish it. Eh?

Much better game than this:

4knHtVw.jpg

The Order: 1886 PS4 - This game is like a cover shooter of 5 years ago complete with the dark browns. Lots of walking around and listening to some dumb shit about half werewolves. And damn why do I need to pick up so many things and just look at it??? Hells no.

PU7qxen.jpg

Shantae: Risky's Revenge – Director's Cut PS4 - I was hoping a Vita port would show up. Tried playing on PS4 but a little too pixlated on a big TV. This would be better on mobile so I might just buy the 3DS version. Not optimistic on the Boy and His Blob port to Vita because of this broken promise.

I still got more. Sorry.

incpdo

aVQAg7A.jpg

Battlefield Hardline PS4

Multiplayer - This is surprisingly barebones for a "Battlefield" game. 7 modes where 4 of them are only minor variations of the same thing. Has the worst things I hate about Battlefield games amplified: lots of sniping and lots of walking to action. Nope.

Singleplayer - This is the best singleplayer in a Battlefield game ever. That is not saying much. It is actually a poorly implemented stealth game for the most part. It is basically crappy Hitman cop edition. The story is pretty good for a videogame story but it isn't groundbreaking. I enjoyed it for what it was enough to want to finish it. Eh?

4knHtVw.jpg

The Order: 1886 PS4 - This game is like a cover shooter of 5 years ago complete with the dark browns. Lots of walking around and listening to some dumb shit about half werewolves. And damn why do I need to pick up so many things and just look at it??? Hells no.

PU7qxen.jpg

Shantae: Risky's Revenge – Director's Cut PS4 - I was hoping a Vita port would show up. Tried playing on PS4 but a little too pixlated on a big TV. This would be better on mobile so I might just buy the 3DS version. Not optimistic on the Boy and His Blob port to Vita because of this broken promise.

I still got more. Sorry.

Did they cancel shantae vita?

4knHtVw.jpg

As I've said before, it's the game that made me buy a PS4 and I really liked it, except for the bad, and repeated boss fights and the lack of variety in guns. I remoteplayed it from start to finish, so that could be the reason to why I liked it so much.

Thank god, I wanted the japanese limited edition, but I couldn't afford it this month.

Yeah, my paycheque is on the 20th of each month and Jan-feb in this period for me is insane. Deemo falls just outside (14th Feb) but otherwise I have Cold Steel on 29th; Digimon on the 5th and a Gundam import likely during this period too.

At least March only has Stranger of Sword City... So far.

Shizuka

Yeah, my paycheque is on the 20th of each month and Jan-feb in this period for me is insane. Deemo falls just outside (14th Feb) but otherwise I have Cold Steel on 29th; Digimon on the 5th and a Gundam import likely during this period too.

At least March only has Stranger of Sword City... So far.

I thought Deemo was January. That sucks, February is packed.

I thought Deemo was January. That sucks, February is packed.

Oh sugar, I meant to type Jan, you're right sorry.

Yeah, Feb is packed. I mean, that's just the games I'm getting. If you import there's DOA3X and Attack on Titan too (I'm not sure if the Asian-English version is releasing Feb as well, but it's possible).

Also, I forgot another one I'm getting - Atelier Escha & Logy Plus on 29th Jan. That is, if I can get a copy through VG+ or PA, of course.

Trillion and SK EV should be March (or early April) as well, if you're interested in that. Unless that changes of course.

I thought Trillion was April so it should fall just outside my danger zone, I'm definitely in day 1 for that though.

I really hope it sells well. I kinda feel like we really need to support exclusive localizations at this point, otherwise we'll see them dropped whether or not they continue in Japan (I suppose it's different for IFI since they make such a killing on PC).

Seriously though, very excited for Trillion, don't know why but it just really appeals to me. That; Digimon; Tokyo Xanadu & Hero Must Die will be my games of 2016 if they live up to my hype (and release in English, of course!)

Shizuka

For me, January is Deemo: The Last Recital (Asia), Atelier Escha & Logy Plus and Saturday Morning RPG. Basically, all the Vita limited releases I shared a few pages ago.

February will be killer though. There are a lot of games, but if I have to choose just a couple, it'll be Gravity Rush Remastered and Digimon Cyber Sleuth (Asia).

Top Bottom