• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

Shizuka

Did Chaos Rings III ever get the localized script for the Vita version in Asia? I remember 1, 2 and Omega getting digital Asian versions but 3 never had any announcement for an English Vita version IIRC. Feels ridiculous if true since it is already localized for Mobile.

Not that I know of, unfortunately.

Thank you for remindind me of how they used to shat on the best and most complete library of any handheld system, just to make their new system look better.

This is getting ridiculous

I know for sure I'm not getting any PS4 version of canceled indie games.

Attractio is apparently still coming to the Vita though (even though they didn't put it in the title of the video) :)

Edit: Fallen Legion seems like an awesome game, I just talked a little to one of the developers on Twitter and they are considering bringing it to the V.

Ryan95

People wanted Lara Croft Go on Vita, so maybe Hitman Go's success will lead to Lara Croft Go to happen :).
After playing Lara Croft Go, I actually understand why people want it for the Vita:I had a blast with it, and I'm really considering to get Hitman Go on Vita this time.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yay! Cold Steel has arrived! XD
I was expecting the box to be bigger and the artbook to have some enemies but it's ok, the artbook is thicker than expected

The Square Enix Go game nobody asked for is coming soon apparently.
SE sticking with the OLED model, good taste! :)

incpdo

What a good and underrated game is freedom wars . i just recently pick up the physical version and it is quite interesting. The Only thing i hate is the camera . I wish this kind of games got more attention and less nitpicking. After really getting into it I consider it a really fun game with beautiful graphics . I want to get toukiden kiwami next . I know toukiden is more of a monster hunter ripoff but I even like this game more than monhun.the free demo has shown to me how good it runs and looks on my Vita and that's really tempting me to buy it now! I have to wait till next month tho, not enough money this month.

Sondar

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Launch Edition pre orders at NISA Europe are up for £42.99. Earlier you order, the more items you get free in the Fan Pack.

Edit

And with that, my US LE just arrived from VG+! Hehe.

What a good and underrated game is freedom wars . i just recently pick up the physical version and it is quite interesting. The Only thing i hate is the camera . I wish this kind of games got more attention and less nitpicking. After really getting into it I consider it a really fun game with beautiful graphics . I want to get toukiden kiwami next . I know toukiden is more of a monster hunter ripoff but I even like this game more than monhun.the free demo has shown to me how good it runs and looks on my Vita and that's really tempting me to buy it now! I have to wait till next month tho, not enough money this month.

Oh boy if you like Freedom Wars, with God Eater you will be in for a treat.

I have played Toukiden, and maybe you guys can either side with me or not since I've always been more of a MH guy, the gameplay on that one feels a little shallow to me. I think the fact that you don't need to grind is excellent. The speed of the action is great too. I just wish the weapons handled a bit more differently from one another. I can basically choose whichever weapon I want and nail their combos within a minute or two of using it. That being said with Toukiden, whenever I'm itching for some hunting action, game's my go to. MH is a lot more difficult to drop and pick up once again.

This is better than most B-tier "AAA" games that hit handhelds. Very fun game.

Can't say I enjoyed what I played of it and certainly won't be double dipping on Vita.

I'm kind of surprised that Deus Ex mobile game only got a PC port. Seems like perfect PSN/XBLA fodder to help fill in the gap between HR and the new one.

I've been surprised a few of these "higher effort" mobile games didn't come to consoles (and especially Vita). Hitman Sniper and a Mass Effect game I forget the name of were also up there.

Banned Game 1
Monster Monpiece
will have a true sequel but for mobile.

Are you sure it's a sequel? I thought they might've just been teasing a port.

Producer

You just started the game then? Keep playing and you'll see how unbalanced and content deprived the game is, not to mention the boring story that just gets in the way of the action. And some really questionable gameplay mechanics they decided to put in the game.

You just started the game then? Keep playing and you'll see how unbalanced and content deprived the game is, not to mention the boring story that just gets in the way of the action. And some really questionable gameplay mechanics they decided to put in the game.

I thought the game was fine until you reach end game. To which most folks don't even get to anyway.

Shizuka

The story really is fucking boring. What were they thinking, it's not hard to make a harmless story just to fill the game.

Producer

I thought the game was fine until you reach end game. To which most folks don't even get to anyway.

If you're just casually going through the game then yeah you can have fun with it until you reach that point. But as someone who enjoys hunting games the end game was a big disappointment.

Takao

Banned
I've been surprised a few of these "higher effort" mobile games didn't come to consoles (and especially Vita). Hitman Sniper and a Mass Effect game I forget the name of were also up there.

Mass Effect is from EA, the company that doesn't even release sports game roster updates on handhelds anymore.

Zhao_Yun

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Launch Edition pre orders at NISA Europe are up for £42.99. Earlier you order, the more items you get free in the Fan Pack.

Edit

And with that, my US LE just arrived from VG+! Hehe.

I paid 44€ for the US LE including shipping from Canada. EU LE would cost me nearly 69€ with shipping. I really appreciate that NISA at least cares about Europe in contrast to Atlus, but it's a shame that their EU store is so expensive (mainly because of the shipping).

Shizuka

Just a heads-up, Deemo: The Last Recital (Asia) is out in less than a week (January 14th), there'll be a physical print with english subtitles.

incpdo

So far I like what I play , even the story. I have seen worst and I prefer some kind of story than no story at all (monhun)

maouvin

I don't think the complaints about the crafting system and the story (as a whole) are nitpicking. Complaining about melee being somewhat broken (in a bad way - it could use some tuning), the AI and the slow pace at the first two CODEs could be.
But yes, it's fun, it's beautiful, the setting is interesting, I love it and hope that the series lives on. Yes, even it goes to the PS4, I don't care.

But I believe playing Kiwami will make FW's flaws more evident for you.

Sondar

Just a heads-up, Deemo: The Last Recital (Asia) is out in less than a week (January 14th), there'll be a physical print with english subtitles.

Wilflare has very kindly preordered the limited edition for me as I missed out at Play Asia. What a very kind gent indeed. :)

RK128

Are we getting shafted for this too?
http://www.jp.square-enix.com/seiken/en/

No Vita mention in the english page. Hopefully they're just waiting for an official announcement.
lol

This bites :(.

I hope they consider localizing it (alongside Project Satusna, World of FF, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and Dragon Quest Builders) for the Vita this year but expecting all of them but World of FF and Satsana (due to E3 announcement listing PS4 and Vita) to not be localized.

Lets see what happens, as this could be a latter announcement but not holding my breath :(.

18-Volt

This bites :(.

I hope they consider localizing it (alongside Project Satusna, World of FF, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 and Dragon Quest Builders) for the Vita this year but expecting all of them but World of FF and Satsana (due to E3 announcement listing PS4 and Vita) to not be localized.

Lets see what happens, as this could be a latter announcement but not holding my breath :(.

We can always complain about it to Gio Corsi. He heard the complaints about Banner Saga and decided to assist the development. Maybe they convince Square not to ignore Vita (or 3DS. where is my FF1 3D???) for localized releases. After the official announcement, I'm going to tell Corsi about it on twitter. I really wanted to play this one.

RK128

We can always complain about it to Gio Corsi. He heard the complaints about Banner Saga and decided to assist the development. Maybe they convince Square not to ignore Vita (or 3DS. where is my FF1 3D???) for localized releases. After the official announcement, I'm going to tell Corsi about it on twitter. I really wanted to play this one.

I'm going to join you on that one; hope the game does come over and Sony might be the one to push for it if we complain enough :).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Adventure of Mana is officially only for mobile, i guess it's not surprising since Square never localize mobile games for vita, except deadman cross(that isn't out in eu though) IIRC.

ryseing

Mass Effect Infiltration. You don't want a port of that.

I would be OK with a Deus Ex: The Fall port. Interesting game.

Prelude.

And people were worried about Odin Sphere performance on Vita.
https://youtu.be/HhpP7tItip8

60fps and next to no loading times.

I expect every one of the non-mobile games to be localized for Vita. DQ Heroes 2 is the only one I'm not sure of.

If that's the case throughout the game I'll switch from PS4 to Vita as well. Cheaper as well so it's win-win

How about an EU announcement BTW?

VLiberty

Attractio is coming next month on Vita. At least this one is coming out...

As someone who loves Portal-esque puzzlers, I have my eyes glued on this ever since it was announced.

incpdo

As someone who loves Portal-esque puzzlers, I have my eyes glued on this ever since it was announced.
I'm also interested in this game, plus we don't have any first person puzzle game so there's that. Vita has so many games comming my backlog could last another generation.

18-Volt

I expect every one of the non-mobile games to be localized for Vita. DQ Heroes 2 is the only one I'm not sure of.

Koei/Omega Force is a company listens to fans. That will increase chances of Vita version.

Still it's Square-enix. A company refused to localize 3DS games and Bravely Default games despite of fan outcry. After the Eidos purchase, they have made themselves believe that western games only love western Eidos stuff (that hamburger slide).

Next month? 10 days!

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...zle-game-attractio-ps4-ps-vita-on-january-19/

Developed by GameCoder Studios, with Bandai Namco acting as publisher, Attractio is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC on January 19.

Unless you know something I don't!

Difficult to find any impressions on this, which I don't find particularly encouraging.

Top Bottom