• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

RK128

Another day, another wave of announcements :). I can't believe the Dragon Quest series is coming back to the west with main-line games! Japan Expo announcing French versions of DQVII and DQVIII is awesome :D! Mobile versions or not, its great to see those games finally come to the west :). Granted, DQVIII did come in the west through the PS2 original but point still stands; nice news to wake up to in the morning :).
Edit: Apparently, they are localizing the 3DS versions :D!

I'm just going to guess that we got no news on God Eater from its anime showing :l. So, I hope the Bamco panel at the Japan Expo announces something.....

The last huge announcement for me was Red Ash, so with reports of more information on that coming today, I can't wait to learn more :D! If it really is a Not-Mega Man Legends.....we are all in for a treat :). I do wonder if it is a Kickstarter or a published game (I mean, Concept must have a strong relationship with Deep Silver thanks to Mighty No. 9's retail run).

Ryan95

I'm just going to guess that we got no news on God Eater from its anime showing :l. So, I hope the Bamco panel at the Japan Expo announces something......
Bamco's big news at Japan Expo were Naruto and ToZ CE, along with Synphonia PC. I fear they are done on announcements for this occasion

RK128

Bamco's big news at Japan Expo were Naruto and ToZ CE, along with Synphonia PC. I fear they are done on announcements for this occasion

Guess we can hope for GamesCom, Paris Games Show, and the PSX for future announcements I suppose :l.

Takao

Banned
NISA will announce their stuff at some point, it's not like nothing happening at AX made any games more unlikely than before

I feel like Aksys not announcing the Way of the Samurai spinoffs at their panel pretty much confirms they aren't leaving Japan.

RK128

I think that too. Let's cross our fingers

I guess they are holding off on the announcement of GE2:RB due to Digimon being a 'big' localization? What I mean, is that they have a GE2:RB announcement ready but they want to save it for another event (GamesCom seems to be a good spot, considering the trademark for God Eater was registered in Europe). If that is the case, I can sorta understand why they didn't say anything in these two events, but still :l, you are showing the anime, why not announce the game to sturr up more hype?

Oh well, its hard to be too mad at Bamco when they are such strong Vita supporters :). Just hope that it does come over at some point; there is too many things hinting at it coming.

Saphirax

I guess they are holding off on the announcement of GE2:RB due to Digimon being a 'big' localization? What I mean, is that they have a GE2:RB announcement ready but they want to save it for another event (GamesCom seems to be a good spot, considering the trademark for God Eater was registered in Europe). If that is the case, I can sorta understand why they didn't say anything in these two events, but still :l, you are showing the anime, why not announce the game to sturr up more hype?

Oh well, its hard to be too mad at Bamco when they are such strong Vita supporters :). Just hope that it does come over at some point; there is too many things hinting at it coming.

If that were the case, it'd be one stupid decision. It would make more sense to announce GE now and Digimon later than the other way around. GE anime is going to air soon, the Digimon anime is months away I believe.

RK128

If that were the case, it'd be one stupid decision. It would make more sense to announce GE now and Digimon later than the other way around. GE anime is going to air soon, the Digimon anime is months away I believe.

Well.....at least we know both are coming :l. Digimon was the highlight for me this past few days but I could of waited another few months if it meant God Eater would be using its spot-light at the AX/Japan Expo to its advantage.

Oh well, God Eater will likely be announced in a press-release once the anime officially airs, so it can at least bounce off that hype.

Kudo

Alright, pre-ordered Makai Shin Trillion FamitsuDX pack, witness it get announced for localization now.

RK128

Alright, pre-ordered Makai Shin Trillion FamitsuDX pack, witness it get announced for localization now.

After looking up that it is being made by Complete Hearts (the Hyper Dimension developers), it will be announced by NISA or Idea Factory as a major localization for them :). I guess we will hear more about it latter, as Idea Factory as another localization coming (they have to be localizing Hyper Dimension Victory 2 for the fall/2016) or that NISA will be having that as part of there wave of upcoming announcements for next year.

autoduelist

Aksys really messed up with ze3... a too long tease for what? A conference where nothing worked that ended with the announcement of ze3 with just the ze logo, not even a teaser movie, a screen, an artwork or anything... not even the platforms were announced, only later in a pr we knew it's for 3ds and vita.

Think of the impact of the announcement
if aksys managed everything better... well at least ze3 is coming :)

I'm sure they would have had a better announcement if they were capable of it. Sometimes you just show what you've got, and if they decided not to show that people would just be getting upset over that.

I don't think there is anyone in this thread that wants to play this more than I do
, and I have already said to keep your expectations in check. If it had to happen, it would have been at the RPG panel. The GE panel is by ACJ, so this is just for the anime, not the game. To those saying it could happen at that Japan Expo, I say the same that Parakeet said, why split announcements when your audience is in LA to watch the prescreening for the anime of the same franchise? Just let it go, they wasted a golden opportunity, and now it's gone.

Sometimes desire causes bigger emotional ups and downs. I have no stake in the game, and quite frankly barely know what it is. But clearly it can be announced anywhere... just because some think this was the 'best' place for it doesn't mean their marketing dept. agreed, or that their resources allowed for it. Perhaps someone decided it would be bad to confuse the brand by announcing two related projects at once, or that it would be better to wait to see how the reception of the anime was before committing to a localization publicly. The business world rarely lines up with our dream world (though this E3 was a rarity and did just that for some].

I agree they're not going to announce it in Japan, but that doesn't mean they can't do it anywhere, anytime.

As for NISA's lack of announcements... well, I mean, isn't localizations essentially 'what they do', or at least, a big part of it? It's not like they're all sitting on their hands. A lack of announcements only means they didn't announce anything, not that they don't have plans, or plans in action. I mean, sure, I'd have loved to hear Stranger in Sword City or whatever announced this expo, but the lack of it doesn't mean a thing.

I wouldn't even have known the anime expo existed, let alone was going on, if not for this site. And i'd be just as informed and excited if they announced it over twitter in two months, or via some surprise website, or all the other ways these companies announce niche games. I don't follow their twitter, of course, but i trust it would be posted on neogaf within 5 minutes. They could announce it on a scrap of napkin posted to neogaf's fridge with a magnet, and the word would eventually get around... niche operates on word of mouth just as much, if not more so, than grand entrances.

i'm not saying this expo would have been bad timing. Clearly some of you really wanted it. I'm just saying the lack of an announcement is meaningless in the long term. Three times a year for years we had to hear some proclaim how no announcement meant TLG was dead, no matter how many times we were told it wasn't. Patience is a virtue.

I don't think God Eater is going to get announced any time soon to be honest, and the fact that we got Digimon which is a 2016 title announced at AX only shows that it is the sad truth. I've said it countless times, but if they were to announce it, it would have to have happened this week. Gamescom won't have any announcements from them, they are just going to show more of the current line up. PSX is more of a Song thing and the Vita won't get any major announcements there. Sure GE has a PS4 counterpart, but I haven't heard great stuff about it, after all this is a Vita game first and foremost. So yeah, maybe next year we will hear something, but one would think they would have something lined up. If the Anime is feasible enough to bring over, then what about the game we have been waiting for since Vanilla, which came out over 2 years ago?

Hikami

Well if all else fails, the fan translation for GE2 is still on-going apparently.
Though I'd much rather play the Vita/PS4 versions since not having a second analog stick is annoying.

Kudo

After looking up that it is being made by Complete Hearts (the Hyper Dimension developers), it will be announced by NISA or Idea Factory as a major localization for them :). I guess we will hear more about it latter, as Idea Factory as another localization coming (they have to be localizing Hyper Dimension Victory 2 for the fall/2016) or that NISA will be having that as part of there wave of upcoming announcements for next year.
I'll thank you personally

IFI has no upcoming games except for PC ports I think so there should be news relatively soon
A MST localization is pretty much a no-brainer.

Yeah, It's not if but when.
If it's good game I'll probably double dip, what we've seen so far looks like the game is right up my alley.

cyborg009

Banned
Well if all else fails, the fan translation for GE2 is still on-going apparently.
Though I'd much rather play the Vita/PS4 versions since not having a second analog stick is annoying.

TBH I've played God Eater 2 demo on the Vita and it looks so amazing that even playing it on a PSP emulator wouldn't be as great.

TBH I've played God Eater 2 demo on the Vita and it looks so amazing that even playing it on a PSP emulator wouldn't be as great.
I can attest to this, having an import copy of vanilla GE2, got it on the low as loot from Fan Expo last year. I only played the first couple of minutes, in hopes of a localization, but what I saw was great and it felt just as solid and more refined than Burst did on the PSP. I'm sure GE2:RB is even better than Vanilla.

Prelude.

untitled-2aupmb.jpg

DR3 CONFIRMED TO BE CONFIRMED

RK128

I don't think God Eater is going to get announced any time soon to be honest, and the fact that we got Digimon which is a 2016 title announced at AX only shows that it is the sad truth. I've said it countless times, but if they were to announce it, it would have to have happened this week. Gamescom won't have any announcements from them, they are just going to show more of the current line up. PSX is more of a Song thing and the Vita won't get any major announcements there. Sure GE has a PS4 counterpart, but I haven't heard great stuff about it, after all this is a Vita game first and foremost. So yeah, maybe next year we will hear something, but one would think they would have something lined up. If the Anime is feasible enough to bring over, then what about the game we have been waiting for since Vanilla, which came out over 2 years ago?

I still have hope its coming over, as a lot points to it happening:
-GE2 Characters appearing in Project X Zone 2 (with localization for the west and EU 2016)
-GE being trademarked in Europe
-The GE anime launching this year in both US/EU and JP (at least US will be getting a subbed version)
-All God Eater 2 Rage Burst trailers also had a English subbed one. No idea why they did that.
-Soul Sacrifice had God Eater collab DLC and all the names of monsters and costumes were localized.
-Hyperdimension Neptunia V-2 will also have collab so we'll see more of localized names.

It is just a matter of 'when' and 'how' instead of 'if'. The game is coming, the issue is how the game is going to be announced.
-A press-release before/after anime airs of the games announcement
-GamesCom/PSX/esc announcement trailer
-Trailer released in the next month or so
-Trailer/pre-release after the first few episodes of the anime airs

autoduelist

It is just a matter of 'when' and 'how' instead of 'if'.

SCEA repents and announces a secondary event, PSV to support PSX. One huge conference, completely dedicated to vita.

We get xcom. Boom. We get civrev2. Boom. God Eater, Dragon Quest, an SMT game, every drpg gets localized, indies left and right, a vita revision that allows ps2 classics and dual triggers... boom! A gta game! A red dead game! Killzone Mercs 2! Gravity Rush 2! Pokemon Verses Monster Hunter Elite Edition! Boooom.

Saphirax

Seems like we may not get Sen no Kiseki this year :(. Gamespot has a placeholder release date for Nov 17, but Tom said there were higher chances of the game releasing later.

At least October got a little less crowded.

RK128

SCEA repents and announces a secondary event, PSV to support PSX. One huge conference, completely dedicated to vita.

We get xcom. Boom. We get civrev2. Boom. God Eater, Dragon Quest, an SMT game, every drpg gets localized, indies left and right, a vita revision that allows ps2 classics and dual triggers... boom! A gta game! A red dead game! Killzone Mercs 2! Gravity Rush 2! Pokemon Verses Monster Hunter Elite Edition! Boooom.

Your just making fun of me now :(. I still think GE2 is coming but I will drop that until something substantial happens in the next few months :l.

Anyway, Red Ash is now officially confirmed as a Kickstarter project and while it is PC only for now, I'm sure PS, Xbox and Nintendo platforms will be announced as latter stretch goals. Here is the link if you guys are interested in the project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/description

I'm really happy, as this is another 'dream' game coming back from the dead; Mega Man Legends 3 lives on through this game and with so many former Legends team members on board alongside the animation in the Kickstarter pitch having that Legends charm, I can't wait to see more from this :D.

Ryan95

Seems like we may not get Sen no Kiseki this year :(. Gamespot has a placeholder release date for Nov 17, but Tom said there were higher chances of the game releasing later.

At least October got a little less crowded.

It may come at Christmas,which is after 17th November lol

A man can dream, XSEED and NIS (I'm European), please be my Santa Claus

Saphirax

It may come at Christmas,which is after 17th November lol

A man can dream, XSEED and NIS (I'm European), please be my Santa Claus

Hopefully they'll manage to release it this year. Maybe the wait for Sen 2 won't be long either.

RK128

Wasn't making fun of you at all! Just suggested a possible how and when!

Good one ;). The Vita is getting a lot of games this year and next year, so I'm looking forward to what the future brings to the system :D.

And a Vita-themed PSX would be nice.....to bad that will not happen :l.

Prelude.

At the DanganRonpa panel at AX, a prototype of the first game was shown with original audio. DanganRonpa 3 is promised to be very different.

Kodaka also promises details on DanganRonpa 3, saying that we should hear about it very soon.

I TOLD YOU IT'S almost HAPPENING

RK128

Well, technically, they announced it 2 TGS' ago.

That long ago? Guess the localization of the games in the west took priority first, then they will start shifting focus on the third game (after the spin-off game this fall launches).

RK128

They made AE because they were still planning 3

That was a smart move; make a polished spin-off/sequel to the series that while not following the formula of the prior games, it does a lot of its own things and does them very well all the while retaining the series trademark elements.

Prelude.

That long ago? Guess the localization of the games in the west took priority first, then they will start shifting focus on the third game (after the spin-off game this fall launches).
They announced AE at that TGS and then showed this

dangan_08_cs1w1_643x3gqr9t.jpg

so they worked on that until it came out Sept 2014 and then shifted to 3.
Looks like they need 2 years per game.

DR1: 2010
DR2: 2012
DRAE: 2014
DR3: 2016?

Tizoc

I'm sorry guys but I'd like to re-itirate that it is 20-frikkin'-15 and US accounts still can't play Crash or Spyro PSX games on their Vitas.

Speaking of Vita and in this case Sony; PSX 2015 is gonna have some interesting announcements, I mean heck we could see DR3 localization announcement during PSX @o@

RK128

I'm sorry guys but I'd like to re-itirate that it is 20-frikkin'-15 and US accounts still can't play Crash or Spyro PSX games on their Vitas.

Speaking of Vita and in this case Sony; PSX 2015 is gonna have some interesting announcements, I mean heck we could see DR3 localization announcement during PSX @o@

I would be more upset about that Tizoc if I didn't take advantage of the great glitch of 2014 :l. Still, you are completely right, so I hope they resolve the licensing crap about that in the future.

Chuy

No god eater announcement? Boo. Guess I'll just have to buy the psp game and complain about not having the sequel.

I'm going to give it til PSX event before I completely lose faith in being able to ever play those games using a US PSN account. If it doesn't happen then I'll just make a European account and buy them to play.

RK128

No god eater announcement? Boo. Guess I'll just have to buy the psp game and complain about not having the sequel.
I'm going to give it til PSX event before I completely lose faith in being able to ever play those games using a US PSN account. If it doesn't happen then I'll just make a European account and buy them to play.

If you had PS+ since 2013, you might already own God Eater Burst already, as they gave that out as a PS+ game for I think....June/July of 2013. I still have hope that GE2:RB will come over to the west, but I will wait till something substantial comes through the next few months before talking about the game again.

If you own a PS3, you can remote play the first three Crash and the Spryo trilogy, though they will have so-so visual quality and you will be dealing with lag :l. Crash Team Racing doesn't even work on remote play; once it hits the Naughty Dog logo, the game just crashes X(.

Alrighty, I feel this way every now and again. But the Vita library, although the potentially diminutive and lacking in AAA games designed for it... Absolutely amazing.

I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 2 HD right now (and I'm actually getting pretty good!) after having just beat Suikoden and Shovel Knight (I'm also playing Castelvania Symphony of the Night). This library is FANTASTIC. There are countless classics as well as modern games to play. I think the Vita is easily one of my all time favorite consoles. Amazing device.

Just thought I'd share my love of this device with everybody.

Tizoc

Alrighty, I feel this way every now and again. But the Vita library, although the potentially diminutive and lacking in AAA games designed for it... Absolutely amazing.

I'm playing through Metal Gear Solid 2 HD right now (and I'm actually getting pretty good!) after having just beat Suikoden and Shovel Knight (I'm also playing Castelvania Symphony of the Night). This library is FANTASTIC. There are countless classics as well as modern games to play. I think the Vita is easily one of my all time favorite consoles. Amazing device.

Just thought I'd share my love of this device with everybody.

Eh AAA games are a hoax anyways :V

The Vita has an excellent library of games and if you have a JP account you're treated to one hell of a selection of games and classics.

Shizuka

Eh AAA games are a hoax anyways :V

The Vita has an excellent library of games and if you have a JP account you're treated to one hell of a selection of games and classics.

That'd require knowledge of the japanese language to enjoy 95% of the games, y'know?

Chuy

If you had PS+ since 2013, you might already own God Eater Burst already, as they gave that out as a PS+ game for I think....June/July of 2013. I still have hope that GE2:RB will come over to the west, but I will wait till something substantial comes through the next few months before talking about the game again.

If you own a PS3, you can remote play the first three Crash and the Spryo trilogy, though they will have so-so visual quality and you will be dealing with lag :l. Crash Team Racing doesn't even work on remote play; once it hits the Naughty Dog logo, the game just crashes X(.
I haven't had plus in a while so I don't have the psp version. Besides I like actually buying the games so in case plus lapses I'll still be able to play them. Hoping it goes on sale soon though. Would really like to be able to play it in the near future.

I actually tried remote playing the series a while ago just to see what it might feel like to be able to play them on vita. Didn't have any of those issues instead I just annoyed by not being able to play them natively.

Top Bottom