• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

Jazz573

Tomorrow there's a panel with Inafune, a Disgaea panel, and a Danganronpa panel. But I'm more excited for the end of the day for Sekai Project and MangaGamer.

Finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Liked a lot the game. It has a slow beginning and the QTEs are sometimes annoying, but overall I think it's a great game, on par with at least Drake's Fortune.

Damn Naughty Dog, why can't you just let Bend Studios do another one?

RK128

Tomorrow there's a panel with Inafune, a Disgaea panel, and a Danganronpa panel. But I'm more excited for the end of the day for Sekai Project and MangaGamer.

I am excited about the Inafune panel due to more information about Red Ash :). If it really is a Legends spiritual successor, I am very excited to learn more about it. I'm wondering if its a Kickstarter project or not....so I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Liked a lot the game. It has a slow beginning and the QTEs are sometimes annoying, but overall I think it's a great game, on par with at least Drake's Fortune.

Bend was going to make another Vita one but Naughty Dog said "No" or Sony said "Do something else", leading them to make pitches for Infamous and Sypthon Filter games.....but once the Vita started tanking in sales, Sony said no to those pitches as well, moving them on to a new IP being made for the PS4 (rumored to be some kind of horror game I think).

Bad news aside, I really did enjoy Golden Abyss (right next to UC2 for me personally :D); the story really picks up toward the middle of the game and the gimmicks are fun sometimes (the rubbing mechanic fits well into a game about treasure). The visuals, gyro aiming and the larger focus on level design really helps make it one of the stronger Sony-made Vita games :).

wilflare

ask Sony :p
why can't they let Cambridge do another game with the KZM engine :/

RK128

And the answer is "Make a shooter game for Project Morpheus!" :l.

Enjoyed the muliplayer of Killzone Mercenary a lot, so I hope they take over the Killzone series in the future and make a great sequel to Mercenary :D.

And the answer is "Make a shooter game for Project Morpheus!" :l.

Enjoyed the muliplayer of Killzone Mercenary a lot, so I hope they take over the Killzone series in the future and make a great sequel to Mercenary :D.

Yeah, I honestly think that a game for the Vita would be more profitable than Morpheus. I don't have much faith in the peripheral, even if I'm attracted to it.

RK128

Yeah, I honestly think that a game for the Vita would be more profitable than Morpheus. I don't have much faith in the peripheral, even if I'm attracted to it.

I just hope their Morpheus game is successful, as they are a great studio :). And they are making a Morpheus game, as Sony announced they were working on one of the games they said was built in mind for the device. Will post a link to it when I find it.

Edit: Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5onsYBQc3Lw

That's what I meant. Tokyo Xanadu would be published by XSeed since they publish Falcom games. Makai would be published by IFI since they publish CH games, and YnNK would be published by KT since they publish Gust games.

Where/when does Xseed and KT usually announce their games?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Cambridge is working on another project though for the PS4.

Specially since all the games they presented are getting released this year, not the next.

Pretty much.

Seriously have no idea what they were thinking to make such a piss poor performance with the panel.

Either something went really wrong or they knew that they had nothing to show but still wanted people to attend the event.

Even if it was something stupid like trailer was not ready, just make the announcement regardless and have someone uploading the trailer their youtube channel. There are lots of ways to deal with things like this, but totally going and not announcing anything "new" when the panel title says otherwise makes zero sense.

Screwing up the marketing opportunity when all eyes are on you and expectations are high is just a bad move overall. Even more so when as we all stated the title of the panel is what drives the expectation from fans. Cant imagine anything really coming out from gamescom or the paris show either. And TGS is for Japan so that leaves out localization announcements.

This was their window and seems like they went and let it slip by.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Where/when does Xseed and KT usually announce their games?

Best thing for someone like you to do is just follow their twitter accounts and watch that.

Usually randomly :p. KT is at AX but they don't have a panel of their own. Doubt we'll be getting any more announcements from XSeed this year though - they have their hands full.

Yeah that and KT for now pretty much already did their large localization title lineup dump.

Hikami

Did Aksys share any trailers for Norn9, Code:Realize or Xblaze Lost Memories?
They did show trailers for some of those but don't think they've uploaded them yet.
They're currently uploading the whole panel stream so might have to wait on that

Shizuka

They did show trailers for some of those but don't think they've uploaded them yet.
They're currently uploading the whole panel stream so might have to wait on that

I can't wait for those, I hope there is some english gameplay in there.

Massa

looking at how they managed the Vita thus far - you have reason to not have faith

The Vita is what gives me faith on the Morpheus. ;)
I'm getting a Morpheus day 1 and I'm actually hopeful of a repeat of the Vita: fantastic piece of tech, a lot of great indie games and some cool first party projects. Like the Vita it probably also won't have big AAA games, first party or otherwise, as Sony's first party output will still be focused on traditional console games. If I enjoy the thing half as much as my Vita it will be worth it.

RK128

I'm now officially at the point where I have to level grind in Tales of Hearts R now :l; up to the point where I'm fighting the three knight characters (main characters, not the standard foes you fight) and they keep destroying my party :(.

Guess I have to grind until I hit level level 40 (my party is at about....Lv. 33-34), which isn't too bad (considering random encounters are not really much of an issue; the foes you fight in the fields aren't that hard to fight). Still sucks though as I was progressing through the story at a rapid pace (close to the mid-point of the game I think) so it feels bad that I'm at a halt right now :(.

Still, I'm glad I got the game as I can see why the Tales Of series is so popular; fun combat systems, colorful visuals and familiar but enjoyable stories & characters :).

JJP12

I'm now officially at the point where I have to level grind in Tales of Hearts R now :l; up to the point where I'm fighting the three knight characters (main characters, not the standard foes you fight) and they keep destroying my party :(.

Guess I have to grind until I hit level level 40 (my party is at about....Lv. 33-34), which isn't too bad (considering random encounters are not really much of an issue; the foes you fight in the fields aren't that hard to fight). Still sucks though as I was progressing through the story at a rapid pace (close to the mid-point of the game I think) so it feels bad that I'm at a halt right now :(.

Still, I'm glad I got the game as I can see why the Tales Of series is so popular; fun combat systems, colorful visuals and familiar but enjoyable stories & characters :).
From what I remember this is definitely one of the toughest fights in the entire game. I'd recommend using 3 melee characters and then Hisui to heal. Make sure you have plenty of life bottles on hand and use them immediately when someone falls. I finally won when I took Beryl out of my party because she was constantly being interrupted while trying to cast. You should focus on the girl first and save Chal for last. Connecting a few guard counters will make your life easier as well. Grinding will certainly make the battle less difficult but I still think you can win even at level 34. No matter what you choose to do, good luck! And just know that once you beat them, you'll pretty much be set for the rest of the game as far as tough battles are concerned.

RK128

From what I remember this is definitely one of the toughest fights in the entire game. I'd recommend using 3 melee characters and then Hisui to heal. Make sure you have plenty of life bottles on hand and use them immediately when someone falls. I finally won when I took Beryl out of my party because she was constantly being interrupted while trying to cast. You should focus on the girl first and save Chal for last. Connecting a few guard counters will make your life easier as well. Grinding will certainly make the battle less difficult but I still think you can win even at level 34. No matter what you choose to do, good luck! And just know that once you beat them, you'll pretty much be set for the rest of the game as far as tough battles are concerned.

Thank you for the advice :D! Leveled my party by one level and made sure I used as many items I had (even one for heaved damage from foes) and after dying twice, I finally beat the boss :D.

And its good to know that the rest of the game isn't that hard; my party is now at level 34/35, so with some level grinding toward the end of the game, I should be able to face anything coming my way.

Thank you for the help :D.

Yasumi

Banned
Our last hopes for GE2RB are the God Eater panel at AX tomorrow night, and the Bamco panel at Japan Expo in about five hours.

RK128

Our last hopes for GE2RB are the God Eater panel at AX tomorrow night, and the Bamco panel at Japan Expo in about five hours.

I think it will be announced at the God Eater panel; that would be a great way to close off the anime showing saying "Hay! If you enjoyed this episode of the anime, then you will love the game! Coming to PS4 and PS Vita early 2016 :D!"

I could also see it being the 'big' announcement at the Japan Expo (as the God Eater trademark was for Europe) as well.

cyborg009

Banned
Edit: I hope Red Ash is for the Vita too.

Please namco ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'm pretty sure the God Eater anime debut was delayed, but since the panel hasn't been cancelled, I don't know.

Funny thing is the anime was announced ages ago. Or I'm thinking about the Manga?

Kudo

Thinking about importing Makai Shin Trillion Limited Box.. should I go for it? Only thing holding me back is that I know it'll get localized, but the timing of localization will it be this year or not.. We definitely won't get the same limited box so even if it does won't regret it too much.
Guess I should go for it if I'm asking.

Blue Light-Cut or Premium Film screen protector?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sad news, nier plus for vita was in consideration but then nothing :(
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...-had-plans-to-bring-nier-to-playstation-vita/

Damn don't tell me that nisa announced nothing?!?! I really wanted stranger and others to be localized :(

Aksys really messed up with ze3... a too long tease for what? A conference where nothing worked that ended with the announcement of ze3 with just the ze logo, not even a teaser movie, a screen, an artwork or anything... not even the platforms were announced, only later in a pr we knew it's for 3ds and vita.

Think of the impact of the announcement if aksys managed everything better... well at least ze3 is coming :)

So, I was thinking about what NISA could announce later and Shin Hayarigami made me remember about Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru.
How did that game turn out to be? It looked interesting as hell.

https://youtu.be/JY-LNH4XZV4

*Parakeetman signal activated*

Damn bro, i saw this on vita and i recognized from the preview image that it was true night of the kamaitachi and i thought someone decided to localize it :(

Takao

Banned
The Vita version of Rise of Mana has topped 100,000 downloads in Japan after about a month and a half. For the sake of comparison, the Android version, which launched in June 2014. sits between 100-500,000 installs on Google Play. Seems like it's doing okay on Vita. Shame SE's western branches seem completely uninterested in the game.

Edit: I hope Red Ash is for the Vita too.

I imagine that depends entirely on the scope of the game and whether or not it's being crowdfunded. I can't really see Deep Silver paying for a Vita version, but as a stretch goal on a Kickstarter campaign? Sure.

On the scope side, MML3 was originally intended to be a 3DS game and all of Inafune's Not Mega Man games have landed there. If he wants to keep 3DS in mind, then Vita should have no issue.

Funny thing is the anime was announced ages ago. Or I'm thinking about the Manga?

It was announced back in February, so Ufotable should have had ample prep time ...

The Vita version of Rise of Mana has topped 100,000 downloads in Japan after about a month and a half. For the sake of comparison, the Android version, which launched in June 2014. sits between 100-500,000 installs on Google Play. Seems like it's doing okay on Vita. Shame SE's western branches seem completely uninterested in the game.

It doesn't look that good but I want it if only for the Seiken Densetsu 1/FFA crossover event... The characters look great in 3D

18-Volt

I really have a bad feeling about this. Anime panel is done by Aniplex and licensing video game anime adaptations without the game released in west is what they have done before. This seems to have nothing to do with Namco.

I really don't think they will announce GE2RB today, or at all. They would have announced yesterday if they're really localizing the game. Maybe we could get Resurrection someday, but no announcement this year.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/0...-had-plans-to-bring-nier-to-playstation-vita/

Damn don't tell me that nisa announced nothing?!?! I really wanted stranger and others to be localized :(

Aksys really messed up with ze3... a too long tease for what? A conference where nothing worked that ended with the announcement of ze3 with just the ze logo, not even a teaser movie, a screen, an artwork or anything... not even the platforms were announced, only later in a pr we knew it's for 3ds and vita.

Think of the impact of the announcement if aksys managed everything better... well at least ze3 is coming :)

Damn bro, i saw this on vita and i recognized from the preview image that it was true night of the kamaitachi and i thought someone decided to localize it :(
I kind of agree lol. As a huge fan of both 999 and VLR I think the whole website idea was just silly if this is was what we got. I wouldn't be against it if it was about about a month or so before AX, but that thing was up for way longer than that. Cool idea, but I was expecting more than just a black background saying "It's coming" because that same thing could have been done over Twitter or something, without wasting any time or resources.

I really have a bad feeling about this. Anime panel is done by Aniplex and licensing video game anime adaptations without the game released in west is what they have done before. This seems to have nothing to do with Namco.

I really don't think they will announce GE2RB today, or at all. They would have announced yesterday if they're really localizing the game. Maybe we could get Resurrection someday, but no announcement this year.
I don't think there is anyone in this thread that wants to play this more than I do, and I have already said to keep your expectations in check. If it had to happen, it would have been at the RPG panel. The GE panel is by ACJ, so this is just for the anime, not the game. To those saying it could happen at that Japan Expo, I say the same that Parakeet said, why split announcements when your audience is in LA to watch the prescreening for the anime of the same franchise? Just let it go, they wasted a golden opportunity, and now it's gone.

Prelude.

cjd2j-jweae5hr3ksoz4.jpg

Marvelous brought a
__ IA/VT __ jp
demo at LAC.
We gotta believe. :(

Edit:
Oh, apparently there's also an IA concert? What the hell, just announce a localization already.

Shizuka

Marvelous brought a
__ IA/VT __ jp
demo at LAC.

Edit:
Oh, apparently there's also an IA concert? What the hell, just announce a localization already.

Are you for real? I still think it's likely to come in the West, IMO.

Prelude.

Are you for real? I still think it's likely to come in the West, IMO.
Sources are RPG site for the concert (at AX, not LAC) and Marvelous for the jp build.

And I'd think it was likely too if both XSEED and Takaki didn't say to just import it.

Marvelous brought a
__ IA/VT __ jp
demo at LAC.

Edit:

Oh man, please don't play with me like that. I want to play that game on my vita.

GeeTeeCee

Has anyone else ever had issues downloading Touch My Katamari onto their Vita? Bought it in the recent EU sale, tried downloading it only to find it would not progress past 5% (approx) of the download.

I later downloaded it successfully onto my PS3, but when I try to copy it across to the Vita the copy timer just keeps ticking upwards. I finally had to cancel the attempt when it claimed it would take over 3800 hours.

Has anyone else ever had issues downloading Touch My Katamari onto their Vita? Bought it in the recent EU sale, tried downloading it only to find it would not progress past 5% (approx) of the download.

I later downloaded it successfully onto my PS3, but when I try to copy it across to the Vita the copy timer just keeps ticking upwards. I finally had to cancel the attempt when it claimed it would take over 3800 hours.

I've heard from people that had their full backup restores fail because of that game. Might be worth contacting Sony support and telling them about it.

EDIT: Someone reported that problem in 2013
http://community.eu.playstation.com...ari-keeps-getting-stuck-at-23mb/td-p/20188757

weird. I think I downloaded it fine, but I'm not sure when

cyborg009

Banned

Atleast ZE3 is coming out next year and not in 2-3 years when compared to games shown at E3.

Bit disappointed with this Anime Expo. Was counting on NISA to announce some good stuff. Can't believe they pulled a bait & switch with that title of their panel. And Zero Escape is cool, but I was hoping for something more from them to be announced too.

Meh.

At least Digimon is coming.

NISA will announce their stuff at some point, it's not like nothing happening at AX made any games more unlikely than before, like God Eater (I still think it's very likely to come here though)

With Digimon, ZE3 and (potentially) DQ VII & VIII for 3DS this has been a pretty damn good weekend.

EDIT: Forgot Red Ash, assuming that's a game.

Top Bottom