• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

That'd require knowledge of the japanese language to enjoy 95% of the games, y'know?

Speaking of that, wasn't there a successful kickstarter of a game that would teach you Japanese? Where's that? It would easily make this machine even better. Also increase my marketability because I could speak Japanese.

TOPTP Edit: hmm... Metal Gear Solid. Either the first Solid game or the sequel to whichever was the last one you played.

Shizuka

From Sekai Project's panel:

PSN and PS support still coming, apparently . Etcetc the usual lines

See, they're stalling. The ones that were present during the LINE discussion will remember what I said about them.

See, they're stalling. The ones that were present during the LINE discussion will remember what I said about them.

At this point, I'm not buying any game from them anymore. Its hyperbole yeah but I don't want to encourage devs / pubs who does stuff like this. I'd rather see a dev announce a game then say its not coming than be left hanging in the air. Atleast I have closure on that, rather than a neverending game of emotions.

Well, this just means that if I wait for their Vita ports, I'll either end up with great portable VNs or a very happy wallet when the games eventually end up in a bundle or a major Steam sale

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
zRiFEkT.png

Takao

Banned
preorder god eater 2 rage burst and get god eater resurrection free*

*only applicable to the ps4 version, which retails for $60
**vita version of ge2rb costs $40; resurrection (psn-only) $20
(both vita versions will probably be PSN-only)

ZeroAKA

preorder god eater 2 rage burst and get god eater resurrection free*

*only applicable to the ps4 version, which retails for $60
**vita version of ge2rb costs $40; resurrection (psn-only) $20
(both vita versions will probably be PSN-only)
I'd be perfectly fine with that. I wouldn't be surprised if both of them end up being $40 each on Vita with no cheaper bundle available.

They will most definitely show off Resurrection there. But I mean, TGS is a Japan show, they wouldn't talk about it coming to the west there I think.

Asia gets some games in english so I'm still hoping. We are the only region who got these games in English (accurate as of 5/7/15):
- Samurai and Dragons (F2P Sega game, now dead)
- Chaos Rings Trilogy
- Moe Chronicle
That F2P sega game helped me when I only own Persona 4 golden for my vita. I've played it daily and always in the top 50/100.
Its blind faith but what else can I do?

Shizuka

Asia gets some games in english so I'm still hoping. We are the only region who got these games in English (accurate as of 5/7/15):
- Chaos Rings Trilogy
- Moe Chronicle
That F2P sega game helped me when I only own Persona 4 golden for my vita. I've played it daily and always in the top 50/100.

I know that there were recent rereleases for the Chaos Rings games, but if I import Chaos Rings Trilogy from Asia, the cart will have CR3, right? Without any updates, it'll be in japanese, but if I download all the patches, will it have english subtitles?

I know that there were recent rereleases for the Chaos Rings games, but if I import Chaos Rings Trilogy from Asia, the cart will have CR3, right? Without any updates, it'll be in japanese, but if I download all the patches, will it have english subtitles?

I think the Cart only has the third game on it. You need an asian account to play the other games as the rest are download only. I've chatted about this in LINE and I was told that English subs have been added to the games.

Still not sure though, as I haven't purchased the game. Moero Chronicle + Chaos Rings were both announced @ TGS so that where my blind hope is coming from.

Shizuka

I think we should get in touch with Prototype directly. I mean, they're the ones in charge of the Vita port to most big visual novels getting released these days:

69.jpg

63.jpg

79.jpg

77.jpg

71.jpg

70.jpg

I think we should get in touch with Prototype directly. I mean, they're the ones in charge of the Vita port to most big visual novels getting released these days:
If I even get just Clannad for the feels / tears I would be extremely happy! Too bad it + the four Grisaia games are by sekaiproject makes me lose hope in them having either a psv/ps3/ps4 game release.

Benedict

Any recommendations for a good slim protective case for Vita?
The case for Vita that is not too big. The one (below) I have won't stay closed.

1011f04e2658b7c81949a920ff57c9d4.jpg

*Sigh* the Vita Borderlands bundle is on sale again (even the PS TV is at its lowest price) and with the announcement of Zero Escape 3, I want to start VLR and get my mind blown again. I'm kinda losing my grip on really, I have all this great Vita games at the reach of my hand but not the device to play them, but I'm still holding hope for a new model announcement at TGS. I also have no interest in Borderlands, let alone the digital only version, to buy the bundle, only thing it got going for it is the 8gb memory, which is nothing for Vita. I was at the very least expecting a new bundle this E3 but Sony disappoints again, I hope we get a new bundle at PSX if Sony doesn't bring the Vita-3000.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm sure they would have had a better announcement if they were capable of it. Sometimes you just show what you've got, and if they decided not to show that people would just be getting upset over that.
Nah, they could have easily made a short and clear teaser and then announcing ze3 with at least some concept art, sketches and other things they have already done, and if they have nothing, then it was too early to announce it, especially with a so long teaser.

SCEA repents and announces a secondary event, PSV to support PSX. One huge conference, completely dedicated to vita.

We get xcom. Boom. We get civrev2. Boom. God Eater, Dragon Quest, an SMT game, every drpg gets localized, indies left and right, a vita revision that allows ps2 classics and dual triggers... boom! A gta game! A red dead game! Killzone Mercs 2! Gravity Rush 2! Pokemon Verses Monster Hunter Elite Edition! Boooom.
It would be awesome... :(

I'm sorry guys but I'd like to re-itirate that it is 20-frikkin'-15 and US accounts still can't play Crash or Spyro PSX games on their Vitas.

Speaking of Vita and in this case Sony; PSX 2015 is gonna have some interesting announcements, I mean heck we could see DR3 localization announcement during PSX @o@

Nice one.

I'm a blind optimist just roll with it~
How can you localize something that probably doesn't even have (final)texts?
In any case dr3 localization is just a matter of when.

I'm a little afraid of the inevitable shift to 3d, i wouldn't like something like 999->vlr, while dr:ae graphics are already 100x better and more expressive than vlr, the high res 2d portraits and the cardboard aestethic was really unique and awesome. without those dr3 would lose some of the charisma, uniqueness and craziness of the series imo.

Now that I stream videos on PS4 I finally realized that turning off the controller automatically (after 10 min idle etc.) works differently on PS4 compared to PS3:

- On PS3 you could have the controller next to you on your bed/couch and as long as you don't press any buttons it will turn off.
- On PS4, any motion control input (moving on the couch, picking up the controller etc.) counts so the controller will pretty much never turn off unless you put it on a solid surface like a table next to you.

This doesn't affect the automatic turn off function of the console though, that time still looks for actual input.

Now I always put the controller on my table as otherwise it drains the battery w/o me even using it.
Btw Sony should add some simple voice commands like Play/Pause.

Tizoc

How can you localize something that probably doesn't even have (final)texts?
I dunno why does Atlus US keep saying Persona 5 will release in 2015 meaning both the JP and Eng. release will release concurrent to each other.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I dunno why does Atlus US keep saying Persona 5 will release in 2015 meaning both the JP and Eng. release will release concurrent to each other.

While we are discussing 2015 titles, i'm worried about saga 2015... i hope it's going well.

- Chaos Rings Trilogy
- Moe Chronicle

At this point, yeah I have more faith on an Asian release in English than one here in the west. If it does happen though, it'll probably be for Resurrection.

Any chance we might see the Chaos Rings Trilogy on Vita in the west? I think CR3 recently hit mobile here. Considering they already have an Asian release that has English subtitles, why not just drop a digital only release over here? Marginal cost can't be so big it all the work is pretty much done, right?

Vashetti

Banned
Is Fat Princess: Piece of Cake on Vita broken for anyone else?

Every time I boot up the game it's stuck on the "Connecting" screen. I've deleted and reinstalled the game and it's still doing it.

Takao

Banned
Is Fat Princess: Piece of Cake on Vita broken for anyone else?

Every time I boot up the game it's stuck on the "Connecting" screen. I've deleted and reinstalled the game and it's still doing it.

Working fine for me. Maybe it's a problem on your router's side?

I think the Cart only has the third game on it. You need an asian account to play the other games as the rest are download only. I've chatted about this in LINE and I was told that English subs have been added to the games.

Yeah, Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy only has CR3 on the cart, CR+Omega+2 are downloads you access through the cart's menu. AFAIK Sony has only patched the English translations into the first three games. I imagine they'll do CR3 whenever the Vita versions get released in the west.

From Sekai Project's panel:

Heh. Figured this was coming after what you told me.

I don't understand how big companies like Bamco and Square Enix can commit to Vita in 2016; and smaller companies like XSEED & Aksys can too, but Sekai Project can't manage it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just finished Trails in the Sky after months of stalling.

Firstly, the latter parts of the game were soooooo much better.

Secondly, fuck that ending.

At least I finished it this year where SC might theoretically come out this year instead of ages ago where the localisation of SC was still in limbo.

Joshua you jerk.

SerTapTap

Just me or is this month's thread moving crazy fast? I guess with all the announcements? Vita localization/localization in general seems to be on the rise which is cool. IMO if you've got a game that's on/can be on PS4 you have no excuse to NOT localize to the west at least digital.

I see that Sonicomi game is coming to the west surprisingly, though I think just the PC version. I played the PS3 version (with near zero knowledge of Japanese), the dress up aspect is really fun, the camera game is okay (like a really easy "FPS" rythym-ish thing), nothing too exciting but if you're a Sonico fan you might like it. Maybe the VN bits are good but I honestly don't know. It has a ton of endings I'll never get on PS3 without a guide.

The PS3 version had extra content though and I'm not sure the localized PC version is getting it, they apparently didn't say.

Producer

Heh. Figured this was coming after what you told me.

I don't understand how big companies like Bamco and Square Enix can commit to Vita in 2016; and smaller companies like XSEED & Aksys can too, but Sekai Project can't manage it.

well SP is smaller than all of them. They seem focused on PC which makes sense since PC was the initial target platform for their kickstarters and is where most money from VN's is/will be made. I dont know why they havent gotten psn approved yet but i hope they work that out. Maybe they havent gotten in contact with the right folks at sce, someone should page Shahid.

Saphirax

"us" in the sense of united states... we europeans have to wait another month :mad:
Those trophies don't seem too hard, except for the canonic one that wants us to get s rank for all the missions.

Gotta love Atlus! Honestly thinking about importing their other games. Especially Persona 5. Even if that comes out a month later, it'll be one month too long :p.

RK128

Reached the half-way mark of Tales of Hearts R and man did things get a bit dark :l.

Kor had the main villain in side him the whole time and after exploding at the killer of his Grandfather, he got 'taken' over, almost killing his entire party and taking Koaku into some space ship thing. Then the beings inside Kor's and Koaku's hearts come out and go back to there bodies......then things start getting somewhat normal again. After some plot events, there is a back story to the some of the cast; Kor had Creed (the villain) in side him ever since he was a kid and his grandfather went on a very similar quest that he and his friends are going on now.

Things are more light-hearted now but still; didn't expect the game to get that serous after it being mostly light-hearted tale. Makes things really interesting and I wonder what's going to happen next :D.

Damn shame about the lack of NISA games and God Eater.....but AX and the Japan Expo gave us a lot of good as well (Digimon CS, Zero Escape 3, Red Ash (if that gets funded), SAO:LS and SAO: Re: Hallow Fragment, ect) so I'm not that upset about that :).

To change the topic, what games are you guy's playing now? You all know I'm playing Tales of Hearts R for the past few days XD.

Vylash

"us" in the sense of united states... we europeans have to wait another month :mad:
Those trophies don't seem too hard, except for the canonic one that wants us to get s rank for all the missions.

you didn't think you could get steins gate before us without some sort of punishment did you?

Chuy

Any recommendations for a good slim protective case for Vita?
The case for Vita that is not too big. The one (below) I have won't stay closed.

1011f04e2658b7c81949a920ff57c9d4.jpg
I would recommend the insignia case that'son sale at best buy as it feels nigh invulnerable however that thing is a freakin behemoth in size. If you want something smaller and good I'd recommend the normal Sony vita case they sold asgets the job done.

*Sigh* the Vita Borderlands bundle is on sale again (even the PS TV is at its lowest price) and with the announcement of Zero Escape 3, I want to start VLR and get my mind blown again. I'm kinda losing my grip on really, I have all this great Vita games at the reach of my hand but not the device to play them, but I'm still holding hope for a new model announcement at TGS. I also have no interest in Borderlands, let alone the digital only version, to buy the bundle, only thing it got going for it is the 8gb memory, which is nothing for Vita. I was at the very least expecting a new bundle this E3 but Sony disappoints again, I hope we get a new bundle at PSX if Sony doesn't bring the Vita-3000.
I would just buy it. You could easily just get the pstv as a means to satisfy your vita hunger in the meantime and you really seem to want the system badly.

Saphirax

Reached the half-way mark of Tales of Hearts R and mad did things get a bit dark :l.

Kor had the main villain in side him the whole time and after exploding at the killer of his Grandfather, he got 'taken' over, almost killing his entire party and taking Koaku into some space ship thing. Then the beings inside Kor's and Koaku's hearts come out and go back to there bodies......then things start getting somewhat normal again. After some plot events, there is a back story to the some of the cast; Kor had Creed (the villain) in side him ever since he was a kid and his grandfather went on a very similar quest that he and his friends are going on now.

Things are more light-hearted now but still; didn't expect the game to get that serous after it being mostly light-hearted tale. Makes things really interesting and I wonder what's going to happen next :D.

Damn shame about the lack of NISA games and God Eater.....but AX and the Japan Expo gave us a lot of good as well (Digimon CS, Zero Escape 3, Red Ash (if that gets funded), SAO:LS and SAO: Re: Hallow Fragment, ect) so I'm not that upset about that :).

To change the topic, what games are you guy's playing now? You all know I'm playing Tales of Hearts R for the past few days XD.

I'd like to say I'm playing Batman AK, but I'm not. The game has been suspended for over an hour and I'm still not done cursing whoever had the bright idea to design this shitty tank boss fight.

Both SAO games for PS4 were known before AX, although we did get some more details. I'm happy with what we got, NISA games will come later and I'm not giving up hope on GE.

I'm playing Senran Kagura SV and reading/watching Ciel nosurge in preparation for Ar nosurge Plus. Both are really really good. It's a shame we'll never get Ciel

Oh and RE: Atlus games: as long as they're only late by 1-2 months I can live with it. There's stuff that is much much worse like Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold which will come 6 months later :| Will probably import P5 regardless unless it's simultaneous.

RK128

I'd like to say I'm playing Batman AK, but I'm not. The game has been suspended for over an hour and I'm still not done cursing whoever had the bright idea to design this shitty tank boss fight.

Don't own a PS4, so I can't comment on the gameplay. But it seems like the Batmobile was tacked-on due to so many people saying Arkham Origins was to 'samey' from Arkham City. Saw some of the story segments online and man, they really did a great job using
the Joker :D.

Both SAO games for PS4 were known before AX, although we did get some more details. I'm happy with what we got, NISA games will come later and I'm not giving up hope on GE.

I'm playing Senran Kagura SV and reading/watching Ciel nosurge in preparation for Ar nosurge Plus. Both are really really good.

Glad you are enjoying those games :D! Heard great things about Senran Kagura SV (that it's a fun beat 'em up).

I only mention the SAO games due to Hallow Fragment PS4 having a lot more content then I expected (a whole new episode with a focus on Strea, female main character option, explained cross-save feature) and Lost Song having a killer pre-order bonus for NA PSN (where you get Re: Hallow Fragment for 'free' if you pre-order on PSN).

Just me or is this month's thread moving crazy fast? I guess with all the announcements? Vita localization/localization in general seems to be on the rise which is cool. IMO if you've got a game that's on/can be on PS4 you have no excuse to NOT localize to the west at least digital.

When a publisher knows how to do business, people will praise them for that :). Bamco has done good on the Vita; bringing games over to the system while also ensuring they land on other platforms as well (instead of pulling a Typo......). And the AX/Japan Expo is like a mini E3 for the Vita (with TGS being the other main Vita event alongside whatever Indie showcase they have for the PSX), so it makes sense that people are hyped up about games :D. Notably two games that people really wanted (Digimon) and thought was never coming (Zero Escape 3) :).

Saphirax

Don't own a PS4, so I can't comment on the gameplay. But it seems like the Batmobile was tacked-on due to so many people saying Arkham Origins was to 'samey' from Arkham City. Saw some of the story segments online and man, they really did a great job using
the Joker :D.

Generally, the heavy reliance on the Batmobile doesn't bother me. However boss fights designed around it are another story. It's just there to test your patience and make you hate the game, rofl.

Top Bottom