• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | July 2015

adarker

Banned
They were mocking it due to the Engrish translation that when it released outside Japan. Asian SAO got the "penetrations" translations while the EU / US just got slightly touched up but used the Engrish asian translation as a base.

I see. Is the PS4 translation supposed to be any better? I'll be downloading it shortly but is the game itself good?

Young Magus

^Game is pretty ok. Picked it up from the flash sale few weks back.

Since we are talking about SAO:HF.....
What was the ~600mb patch for?

Khronico

^Game is pretty ok. Picked it up from the flash sale few weks back.

Since we are talking about SAO:HF.....
What was the ~600mb patch for?

Aside from the vita>ps4 save import thing nothing apparently.

Really annoying it was so large, it's not like vita memory is cheap.

adarker

Banned
That's a lot of free Lost Dimension ish Atlus' giving away on the first week.

All that stuff is free for two weeks then it becomes paid dlc, so pick it up if youre at all interested.

Edit: Holy crap! Grace Chen actually answered some questions on the blog? Is this a first? Although she answered the wrong guy on one of those. Chen gonna Chen.

Koei Tecmo is teasing something from Omega Force

This is not "Warriors"

CLEOp78WUAEcNnE.jpg:orig

Tizoc

All that stuff is free for two weeks then it becomes paid dlc, so pick it up if youre at all interested.

Edit: Holy crap! Grace Chen actually answered some questions on the blog? Is this a first? Although she answered the wrong guy on one of those. Chen gonna Chen.

I know but man you can only have 10 items when checking out from the webstore ugh @_@

Trinity Souls of Z'ill Oll 2?

Damn, those Vita sales. Might pick up the Nep Nep Kagura game.

Or maybe just get Lost Dimensions.

Get the Capcom PSOne games on sale too if you don't have them yet.

Downloaded the DT2 demo and was playing it last night. I've never played a drpg before, so this was a bit of a new experience. It was a lot of fun, I enjoyed it. There's a lot to like about it. The exploration/mapping component is pretty cool, and the combat system, while not complex (at least, not yet), works well. The characters are a bit clichéd and trope-y, but fun. (I'm mostly just glad the main guy isn't straight out of a harem anime.) I also can't help but appreciate the...art style.

All in all, a good experience. I'll have to check out more of this genre.

Trying to add funds right now on UK PSN (for games at the end of the year, so i cant spend it all on amiibos lol)
i tried the £120 option and it said
"The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."

Which it was correct..
I tried it with £50 and it worked, so i tried £50 again and
"The credit card information is not valid. Please check your entries carefully."
I tried £5 and it worked and then tried £5 again and.. yes you guessed it

And it has said this every time for any ammount i try.. you guys had this?

Benedict

DA Inquisition for PS4 worth it?
Difference between Standard and Deluxe?

Strange that Borderlands Handsome Collection is not showing up in the Summer Sale section.

Redhood

Is Unit 13 worth a look on the Vita?

I've already played through Killzone and Uncharted, got to be worth a go for £4, right?

Its a wonderful game with tons of replayability. The game has 0 story with 9 huge playable maps. Each map is played 5 times leading to 36 missions and 9 Assassination missions. The missions usually have cordoned off area of maps and consist of stealth, action, time and health bar based missions. The game also has dynamic missions which change the enemy placement and item placement. Has Online Co-op for all the missions. Daily challenges are also there. The character classes can be upgraded and equipment changed before mission. The game requires a bit of precision and stealth but the AI get a bit wonky sometime. Made on Uncharted Golden Abyss Engine but sadly lacks Gyro Aiming so Aiming for head shots is a bit tough.

Come to think of it this game would had been amazing with Online Multiplayer. :(

omg_mjd

Is Unit 13 worth a look on the Vita?

I've already played through Killzone and Uncharted, got to be worth a go for £4, right?

Yeah, it's a lot of fun. I reinstalled it recently and the daily challenges are still going on. The environments and enemies are reused a lot but the levels are open-ended and dynamic so you can play according to your style. You can ghost through a level or kill every enemy if you want. The stealth mechanics are well implemented and you don't get overly punished if you get discovered; you can fight your way out or try to find a safe spot and hide.

Character movement/animation isn't as smooth as KZ Mercenary but the gunplay is solid for a TPS. I only wish it had motion aiming--that's what I miss, after playing a lot of KZ and Uncharted.

bobohoro

Do I want The Golf Club even though the animations look like trash?
Everybody's Golf is far away, so I'll probably bite. I think.

SerTapTap

I've been playing my 3DS more lately due to Etrian Mystery Dungeon and one thing I must say I love about the Vita is I never turn it off with full/50% battery and turn it on to find it's near dead.

Also I bought way too RPGs again

So this is what the Vita audience is like.....

Poodle Mom loves them titty games

Shizuka

Two years after selling all my PS3 games, I just got three new PS3 titles last week: Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising and Tears to Tiara II. I want to get the complete Platinum collection, which means I need to get another PS3 title: Anarchy Reigns.

SerTapTap

I wager she's more hardcore than most of the Vita fans here on gaf.

She's awesome. I'll even forgive the poodle

Two years after selling all my PS3 games, I just got three new PS3 titles last week: Vanquish, Metal Gear Rising and Tears to Tiara II. I want to get the complete Platinum collection, which means I need to get another PS3 title: Anarchy Reigns.

I'll never sell all my anythings ever again. Always regretted it

Vanquish and MGR are amazing!

Have you played Bayo? Don't play it on PS3 haha.

Shizuka

I'll never sell all my anythings ever again. Always regretted it

Y'know, a lot of people told me that, but I don't regret it. I didn't have much in the way of a backlog with my PS3, always played my games and I needed the money. Most games were just cheap ones I got from Play-Asia for no good reason other than they were cheap.

Vanquish and MGR are amazing!

Have you played Bayo? Don't play it on PS3 haha.

I have it on my Wii U, but I always lose heart at the middle of the game because I hate using the gamepad for that game.

Y'know, a lot of people told me that, but I don't regret it. I didn't have much in the way of a backlog with my PS3, always played my games and I needed the money. Most games were just cheap ones I got from Play-Asia for no good reason other than they were cheap.

I have it on my Wii U, but I always lose heart at the middle of the game because I hate using the gamepad for that game.

Why don't you use a Pro Controller? it was born for Bayo 1+2.

ZeroAKA

qyRR4lM.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers in August:
  • Castlestorm (PS3, Vita)
  • God of War: Ascension (PS3)
  • Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4)
  • Limbo (PS4)
  • Sound Shapes (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Stealth Inc. 2 (PS4, PS3, Vita)

Top Bottom