• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

RK128

Thats nice to know; Vita owners that upgrade to the PS4 version can import a majority of their progress into the game, so they can start game in a new game+ set up then :).

The visuals look nicer and cleaner, but the Vita version was a nice looking game either way, so its great to see that the PS4 version will still be a great looking game :D.

While it is a shame that Vita owners aren't going to experience the new translation that the PS4 version is getting.....it isn't that much of a huge deal in the long run :l; from my experience, I understood everything pretty well despite the half-hearted translation and the odd little quarks in the translation honestly added to the game for me XD!

Nice to know that Lost Song is getting a nice visual boost with the PS4 version; the grass does look nice and with the stronger hardware, maybe that version would allow four party members at once instead of the current three? Either way, nice to know that they are putting effort into the port, instead of that just being a so-so up-port of the Vita/PS3 version.

Hikami

Thats nice to know; Vita owners that upgrade to the PS4 version can import a majority of their progress into the game, so they can start game in a new game+ set up then :).
Yep, wonder if I'm screwed though since I started a New Game+ on the Vita version, don't remember what carried over to that.

RK128

Yep, wonder if I'm screwed though since I started a New Game+ on the Vita version, don't remember what carried over to that.

From what I understand, everything caries over but story progression (you have to re-do the floors/hallow areas); your levels, sword skills/buffs/debuffs, party member levels, gear and weapons.

If your Vita save can be moved to the PS4 version, I'm sure a good amount of that will carry over.

Shouldn't, you know, the 3 highly successful previous releases in the series have funded that?

Well it's funded, if he's saying he'll be talking about it in the near future. Would be interesting to see them take all that money and make an actual online world with the same gameplay mechanics as HF

RK128

Well it's funded, if he's saying he'll be talking about it in the near future. Would be interesting to see them take all that money and make an actual online world with the same gameplay mechanics as HF

I could see the game going sudo-Phantasy Star Online with that concept; you ARE in a VR MMO, so I could easily see that concept being taken to its next logical level in the game series.

I do wonder where the next game in the SAO game series is going to take place though; it can't be in the GGO, as that would mean incorprating shooting mechanics into the series (and considering this would be the Hallow Fragment sequel, I don't think that would work out too well :l).

The only other location would be exploring ALO again, as they could just explore a new region of the location as the main setting (or tie in Hallow Fragment, with Kirito and the gang exploring the Alicard that they ported over into ALO after the events of S1's finial of the anime).

I would be interested in seeing the Underworld explored as a game location though, as it would open the door to a completely new world for the characters in the game series to explore.
Maybe Kirito and his friends try out this new VR experience after Kirtio states how great it is....but something goes horribly wrong, with him and a select few being 'stuck' in this world, mirroring the events of Hallow Fragment.
That world is the most like Alicard, so I could see that being a strong jumping point in terms of locations. The anime might be touching on that at some point I think too, leading that to be a stronger possibility.

I could see the game going sudo-Phantasy Star Online with that concept; you ARE in a VR MMO, so I could easily see that concept being taken to its next logical level in the game series.

I do wonder where the next game in the SAO game series is going to take place though; it can't be in the GGO, as that would mean incorprating shooting mechanics into the series (and considering this would be the Hallow Fragment sequel, I don't think that would work out too well :l).

The only other location would be exploring ALO again, as they could just explore a new region of the location as the main setting (or tie in Hallow Fragment, with Kirito and the gang exploring the Alicard that they ported over into ALO after the events of S1's finial of the anime).

I would be interested in seeing the Underworld explored as a game location though, as it would open the door to a completely new world for the characters in the game series to explore.
Maybe Kirito and his friends try out this new VR experience after Kirtio states how great it is....but something goes horribly wrong, with him and a select few being 'stuck' in this world, mirroring the events of Hallow Fragment.
That world is the most like Alicard, so I could see that being a strong jumping point in terms of locations. The anime might be touching on that at some point I think too, leading that to be a stronger possibility.

Hmm I could see them going for a completely different location, just like they did with the Hollow Fragment arc. Also GGO wouldn't be a bad idea, the gameplay mechanics would still work the same too even with weapons. If anything it would add more layers of depth, with things such as distance and maybe even elevation along with the timing for skills. Look at Xenoblade X, how it does a hybrid of close/long range according to the distance between you and the enemy. Kirito when up close could use his light sabers, and from a distance a rifle, or his pistol.

RK128

Hmm I could see them going for a completely different location, just like they did with the Hollow Fragment arc. Also GGO wouldn't be a bad idea, the gameplay mechanics would still work the same too even with weapons. If anything it would add more layers of depth, with things such as distance and maybe even elevation along with the timing for skills. Look at Xenoblade X, how it does a hybrid of close/long range according to the distance between you and the enemy. Kirito when up close could use his light sabers, and from a distance a rifle, or his pistol.

....You make some great points; the magic system in Lost Song could be converted into different guns you can equip yourself with (alongside other ranged weapons like grenades and smoke bombs).

Kirito using a light saber would be awesome (like that weapon a lot from the Hallow Fragment DLC) and the possibility of doing new things never seen in the anime or light novel like mech and drivable vehicles would be awesome to see :D.

Xenoblade X is a great reference point, as we both know the Hallow Fragment team took a lot of inspiration from that game (due to both that and Xenoblade feeling so similar gameplay wise).

The only thing to worry about though if they use GGO is the presentation; both HF and LS are very colorful and bright games thanks to the fantasy locations both games used. With this new game, if they use GGO, they would have a very limited color set to work with (as from what I recal from S2, the game was very dark and had a more serous tone).

I guess that would be a nice contrast compared to the other games, as it would stick out a lot more and that in turn can lead to a very strong story (I enjoyed some of the events in HF but a number of them made me think 'Ugh, why aren't you saying something you idot X(' when Krito interacts with his friends).

590BP2d.jpg

PS4 Hustle Kings has the usual free to play confusing currency systems but it has a surprising amount of content for free. You pay or earn coins to play online and unlock additional modes but the career mode will keep you busy until you have your fill of playing pool. The controls and interface is not as good as Pure Pool. Some good looking tables tho.

A spin-off of a spin-off. We have to go deeper

Nothing can beat Zelda for that. Honestly, just following the official timeline by Nintendo makes my head hurt.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I plan to buy an Xbone this year but if TLG really drops this year, I'll postpone the Xbone purchase.

wilflare

Nothing can beat Zelda for that. Honestly, just following the official timeline by Nintendo makes my head hurt.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I plan to buy an Xbone this year but if TLG really drops this year, I'll postpone the Xbone purchase.

you don't really need a Xbone either :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Trailer for shantae 1/2 genie hero(ine?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL50LdmK6MY&feature=player_embedded

new details and screens for the pink haired idol of tokyo Xanadu and her group
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/tokyo-xanadu-screenshots-introduce-rion-spika-idol-group
Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_06-11-15_015.jpg
Tokyo-Xanadu_2015_06-11-15_009.jpg

HOLY FUCKING MEGATON GUYS:

Holy shit. Armature. YOU ARE THE BEST.
Incredible news!
They should totally ask epic and/or nintendo and /or sony(lol) to help them.

Unfortunately, by the time Bloodstained is out, both Wii U and Vita could be dead :/

Otherwise it's a wonderful news. Armature is great <3

I was referring to what Armature said. "After the release of Bloodstained we will share, for free, the UE4 WiiU and Vita code with any developer authorized to develop on those platforms! Thank you all very much for this opportunity!”

It's great, but unfortunately it won't be very useful as I can't see a lot of devs(especially those using UE4) releasing games in 2017, on Wii U and Vita. I'll be so fucking glad to eat crow, though.

Of course my Vita will last well beyond its market lifecycle. Just as my PSP does as well.

I dunno, probably there won't be a vita 2 and ironically this could extend vita's life, take into account that ue4 could be used to port games released before 2017 ;)
We just have to see how many ue4 would run on vita...

SerTapTap

So do TVs massively block wireless signals? I was having some weird major wireless disruptions playing Neptunia VII on my Vita in bed last night, and my bed's like 20 feet from the router, a clear shot other than the bed frame and a TV. I'm wondering if that's why my DS4 craps out from the same position now. I don't have a better place to put the TV though, it's at the foot of the bed now which is perfect.

Ugh. I let my PS plus lapse a month ago. I haven't renewed because the games haven't been interesting to me, my backlog and I signed up for the 3 months of plus for that lawsuit thing and it said to receive it you couldn't be subscribed to PS plus. Oh well, I will just keep waiting for my free 3 months.

You can buy and not claim the code. If you every buy from PSN the discounts make it worth It IMO...and I frankly can't imagine not getting $40 worth out of enjoyment from a year's worth of the games but *shrug*

Is extreme dimension a sequel of neptunia u? I just read the plot and I like it.

None of the spinoffs really have relevant story connections to anything. Gameplay looks similar to U though it will have a boss fight focus which U certainly didn't.

Looks like Spooky Squid games is considering porting They Bleed Pixels to PS4/Vita. This is in no way a confirmation, but they said they want to do it and are currently looking at the best way to make it happen. /QUOTE]

They Bleed Pixels is a good game, I made a video but haven't published yet. It's like Stylish Action but 2D with no more buttons than an NES controller. All the moves are executed by how you're standing or moving or how long you press the buttons, surprisingly deep and responsive. It's got a novice mode now too. It's not an easy game but it's' reasonably forgiving if you're willing to get a bad score.

PS+ definitely needs to increase the storage limit for cloud saves. It's pretty ridiculous now. I don't mind the monthly games because usually there's at least one game I want to check out.

Started up Tears to Tiara 2. Dunno why I didn't start this sooner.

It's mostly not even the file size limit, it's that the bare minimum file size on PS4 is over 10 MB! That means there's a hard cap of 100 save files on PS4, even ignoring the stupid >100 MB save files some games have for UCG and crap. They need to fix THAT too.

I'll be very surprised and impressed if they don't run into big issues getting the engine to run well on the Vita and drop that idea completely, which will result in a delay and a change in engine to UE3 or Unity.

I don't think Vita, memory aside, is really THAT different from Wii U in power (both seem fairly similar to PS3), and UE4 can run on mobile. Not all UE4 games have to look as good as the tech demos of course.

omg_mjd

Well don't I feel stupid! I was defending Vita owners in a thread that had nothing to do with the Vita and somehow the guy that laid the trolling post just disappeared from the discussion while an irate iOS fan attacked my post thinking that I was insulting indie mobile games or something.

Err...it's okay to vent since this is a community thread, right? :p

Shizuka

Well don't I feel stupid! I was defending Vita owners in a thread that had nothing to do with the Vita and somehow the guy that laid the trolling post just disappeared from the discussion while an irate iOS fan attacked my post thinking that I was insulting indie mobile games or something.

Err...it's okay to vent since this is a community thread, right? :p

I3yvqFL.gif

Can't wait for localization news on this one, although I guess that XSEED is currently busy enough already.
XSeed has exceeded (lol) my expectations this year and all of their stuff is top tier. They have their hands busy for the year.

Aside from Bamco and Aksys, I could only see NISA announcing new stuff for this year. The last 2 will only do so at Anime Expo, not E3. NISA definitely has something under their sleeve, aside from Rodea, DR:AE and Disgaea 5 what else do they have? They teased VNs so we might get some of those.

On the other hand we have Aksys, which is only pretty much bringing VNs this year aside from Blazblue, most are otomes to be more precise, which although nice only target a very specific audience. There's still 4infinity, but I could see them slip something else up in there, an RPG or action game maybe.

Bamco is bringing a ton stuff over, but with all the shit I have mentioned countless times, a GE2RB announcement is due, there's also the Digimon tweet. They may keep that card close to their chest, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got a trailer with a simple 2016 release year.

TsuWave

not psn related per se but I thought I would likely get help here, anyway, my ps4 suddenly stopped auto recording the last 15 minutes of gameplay and I haven't changed any of the settings, is there a way to fix this?

not psn related per se but I thought I would likely get help here, anyway, my ps4 suddenly stopped auto recording the last 15 minutes of gameplay and I haven't changed any of the settings, is there a way to fix this?

Some games don't record. Could it be the game?

Tapejara

Just picked up Operation Abyss and pre-ordered Danganronpa Another Episode and Lost Dimension. Hoping I'll like Operation Abyss more than Demon Gaze, which couldn't hold my attention (don't kill me Shizuka!) as I'm more of a Sci-Fi person than Fantasy.

---

Anyone watch the new SOMA footage that went up (the trailer from today and the gameplay footage from last week)? That game is looking good. One of the PS4 games I'm most excited about this year.

---

Shadow Warrior 2 hype.

---

Super Beat Xonic is going to be so good. I want to go back and platinum DJMAX before it comes out, but I haven't played it in a while and doubt I'd be up for the Club Mixing setlists!

---

XSeed has exceeded (lol) my expectations this year and all of their stuff is top tier. They have their hands busy for the year.

Oh my God, how did I just find out now that XSEED = Exceed!? I feel like an idiot.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Is there enough space on your hard drive? Auto recording is disabled if you only have a few GBs left.

SerTapTap

Do you use Share a lot? Entering the Share menu and uploading an image seems to reset the video buffer as well or something, my video buffer is often short when I'm taking lots of shots mid gameplay.

I've been looking forward to it since I saw it on japanese PSN, hopefully it comes to Europe on 25th too.

Doesn't really sound like it, normally blog posts go up at the same time in those cases. It was rated by PEGI already so I doubt it'll be much later though.

I think I'll wait for the EU release, but I'm looking forward to it

ZeroAKA

I decided to use my day off from work to play Transistor. I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't like the simplistic combat in Bastion, but Transistor's Function system and (optional) turn-based combat are a huge improvement. I can't believe I left it sitting in my PS4 Library for so long.

Now I'm off to buy the fantastic soundtrack.

VLiberty

I couldn't believe one of the best games ever made is going to be free on PS+ at launch. That's another $15 I'll not have to spend because of this service.

I still can't believe it.

That was a deadly combo of news. Add the fantamazing R&C footage, and this has been a wonderful gaming week for me. :O
I think you will be eating crow, I really do.

The tech in the vita, while far from cutting edge, is sufficient for quite awhile and it seems as if it's fairly easy to get smaller PS4 games running on vita.

The vita faithful buy a ton of stuff, so it's an easy market. And if we don't get a vita 2, then it's a constant market for quite awhile as we're not going anywhere. It's not like i'm going to switch over to nintendo... I'm firmly ensconced in the playstation ecosystem and so are many others.

From Sony's standpoint, the vita just gets cheaper and cheaper to make.

I do think they should reposition it as the 'best' remote play device with the oft discussed physical changes (triggers, etc). I've said it before, but best case they'd also upgrade anything internal to make Remote Play even better (since i'm sure they're still working on the tech) as well as my dream case scenario
upgrade the processor enough to run ps2 classics but don't change the operating system -- that is, still just play regular vita games so as not to split the base

That device won't suddenly fly off the shelves, but it would certainly last the entire generation of the PS4 and possibly even into the PS5 due to remote play. It's relatively cheap [cheaper still if they don't change anything], and keeps them in the handheld space so they can reconsider options in 5 years or so.

Ultimately, though, it's as simple as -- if we keep buying games, they'll keep making them.
I can't see it, but then I'm willing to eat crow.

Though I bet a lot of people thought the same thing about 2015 in 2013, and yet this year we're getting buried by new quality releases.

you don't really need a Xbone either :p

I do because of Sunset Overdrive. I forgot about how much I wanted it until I saw the R&C gameplay footage.

So far the games that would mostly sell me one of the two systems are the two Insomniac games.

edit: new Insomniac game announced as I'm typing. PC exclusive. lol
(though it isn't the kind of game I go crazy for, luckily)

AmanoBuff

Sorry I've been quieter than usual lately guys, Tetris Ultimate and editorial duties have been keeping me too busy. :/

So for what I've read Tetris Ultimate on Vita runs very well.

If I get it digitally and I install it on both my and my wife's Vitas (both under my account), will we be able to play against a each other?

So for what I've read Tetris Ultimate on Vita runs very well.

If I get it digitally and I install it on both my and my wife's Vitas (both under my account), will we be able to play against a each other?

I don't think so, as I don't recall seeing anything in the game that suggests ad-hoc would work and there are security checks in place that prevent someone from playing against themselves online with the same system.

Hikami

Hoping I'll like Operation Abyss more than Demon Gaze, which couldn't hold my attention (don't kill me Shizuka!) as I'm more of a Sci-Fi person than Fantasy.

Been the opposite for me so far, having trouble getting into Operation Abyss. It certainly isn't beginner-friendly like Shizuka has said before, a lot of stuff I don't quite understand. Though I'm sure I'm just not far enough into the game yet.

AmanoBuff

I don't think so, as I don't recall seeing anything in the game that suggests ad-hoc would work and there are security checks in place that prevent someone from playing against themselves online with the same system.

I see. Thanks. We'll buy a digital copy each then under our own accounts.

Top Bottom