• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

bobohoro

Just a quick reminder that Steam Summer Sale also has discounts for Ys Origins and VI, two awesome games that are sadly not on Vita* and might be pretty interesting for some folks in here.

*PSP Ark is not the way to go

And amazon should hurry up with my Steins;Gate order already.

TotP: Buy everything Ys, Operation Abyss and Steins;Gate

Tapejara

EU Users:

As of 15 November 2015 you will no longer be able to use the online features of the following game:

PlayStation Vita

T@g

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/item97821/Support-for-online-game-features/

Been the opposite for me so far, having trouble getting into Operation Abyss. It certainly isn't beginner-friendly like Shizuka has said before, a lot of stuff I don't quite understand. Though I'm sure I'm just not far enough into the game yet.

Yeah, I remember Shizuka saying it wasn't as beginner friendly.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Been the opposite for me so far, having trouble getting into Operation Abyss. It certainly isn't beginner-friendly like Shizuka has said before, a lot of stuff I don't quite understand. Though I'm sure I'm just not far enough into the game yet.

As with any new game, there just are different mechanics to learn. You just need to spend some time with it then things should fall into place.

Just a quick reminder that Steam Summer Sale also has discounts for Ys Origins and VI, two awesome games that are sadly not on Vita* and might be pretty interesting for some folks in here.

*PSP Ark is not the way to go

And amazon should hurry up with my Steins;Gate order already.

TotP: Buy everything Ys, Operation Abyss and Steins;Gate

I should add as an Ys fan that no one should skip Origin(it's Origin, not Origins btw), it's arguably the best game in the series even if many will say that Oath is. And yeah the PSP version of VI is shit.

Shizuka

The game isn't beginner-friendly because it doesn't explain its mechanics at first like other games and the mechanics are hard to understand properly.

incpdo

Guys Bloodstained is about to hit the stretch goal for the precuel game a la mighty gunvolt for vita and 3ds. Please gaaafff pusshhh.

CrovaxPSO

The game isn't beginner-friendly because it doesn't explain its mechanics at first like other games and the mechanics are hard to understand properly.

Could you elaborate on which mechanics the game doesn't explain? I've yet to play the English release but my biggest struggle with the original Japanese release was figuring out how all the item crafting menus worked. Some things I had to figure out by trial and error, like using the Floor Search spell to help find hidden doors, but I assumed stuff like that was explained and I just didn't understand due to the language. I should point out that I first played Cross Blood so most of my initial figuring out was done there, so I had a relatively easier time once OA was out.

Shizuka

Could you elaborate on which mechanics the game doesn't explain? I've yet to play the English release but my biggest struggle with the original Japanese release was figuring out how all the item crafting menus worked. Some things I had to figure out by trial and error, like using the Floor Search spell to help find hidden doors, but I assumed stuff like that was explained and I just didn't understand due to the language. I should point out that I first played Cross Blood so most of my initial figuring out was done there, so I had a relatively easier time once OA was out.

Personally, most of the things in the game aren't properly explained how we're used to seeing in games nowadays. The dungeon floor tiles, what each job can do, what's affix and part of items development, unity skills, etc.

Most of them came to me as second nature, since I'm used to DRPGs and I played Demon Gaze, but looking back, the game explained very little of everything it provides to the player.

CrovaxPSO

Personally, most of the things in the game aren't properly explained how we're used to seeing in games nowadays. The dungeon floor tiles, what each job can do, what's affix and part of items development, unity skills, etc.

Most of them came to me as second nature, since I'm used to DRPGs and I played Demon Gaze, but looking back, the game explained very little of everything it provides to the player.

I wonder if they intended for that information to be contained in the manual. The Japanese release has lists of pretty much everything, from descriptions of each blood code and skills to each type of tile to every status ailment. I couldn't easily read all of it without help, but it was all there. Since the digital manual for the English release is missing some of that, I wonder what else they opted not to include.

Shizuka

I wonder if they intended for that information to be contained in the manual. The Japanese release has lists of pretty much everything, from descriptions of each blood code and skills to each type of tile to every status ailment. I couldn't easily read all of it without help, but it was all there. Since the digital manual for the English release is missing some of that, I wonder what else they opted not to include.

Honestly, I don't think NISA even thought of the game that much, obviously.

Dorarnae

don't they explain floor tile in the beginning?(dark area, shock ,anti magic...) pretty sure they do in the sewer dungeon. then don't you have a quest like making a long sword or something which explain crafting...? same with unity and other stuff, I only played the japanese version atm, but even without understanding the language it seemed they were explaining everything...

Shizuka

don't they explain floor tile in the beginning?(dark area, shock ,anti magic...) pretty sure they do in the sewer dungeon. then don't you have a quest like making a long sword or something which explain crafting...? same with unity and other stuff, I only played the japanese version atm, but even without understanding the language it seemed they were explaining everything...

They explain that there are several traps in the game and the other one explains that you can craft new items. Basically, they introduce you to said features, but don't explain them.

RK128

Some of the remixes are making me want to buy P4G even with that dub.

Those remixes are fantastic; captures the spirit of the original themes but gives them that Persona 3 edge (and I love the soundtrack of that game :D).

You didn't like the dub for Golden? I thought the VA's did a great job and none of them felt grating or anything. Do you prefer the JP VA's instead, due to them sounding more 'truer' to the original characters? If so, I can understand, as JP VA's give a different dimension to English VA (I know that is the case for Sonic at least; the JP VA is radically different in tone compared to the English VA).

Either way, I hope you do give Persona 4 Golden a shot, as it is a fantastic JRPG that got me into the genre :).

What's wrong with the sub?
I actually never played Persona, will start P4G as soon as I finish Danganronpa

You are in for a treat man :D! The story, visuals and music are all fantastic and while the dungeon design while not the best in a RPG, doesn't detract from the core experience :).

I haven't even played P4G, I did play P4 but I dunno if it warrants a second run.

I did play P3 like 4 times, but that game has Aigis. :)

Honestly feel that P4G's changes are half good and half detrimental, so if you've played the original I wouldn't bother unless you really love marie's design or something.

omg_mjd

Persona 4 golden is a converter of souls into jrpg fans

P3P for me. Was the first PSN game I bought when I got my Vita and I nearly dismissed it for being so different from the Western RPGs I was used to (Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age). A couple of Social Links and Persona fusions later I was hooked. And that ending...wow.

P4G was a day one purchase for me shortly after. My first and only platinum trophy, too.

Kudo

I never played this at all so I'll definitely get it when it comes here

Really like the game, it just got left behind because I was playing Dark Souls 2 at the same time and after those games I don't feel like playing anything for a while.
Not sure if to finish on PS3 now or wait for Revival..

P4D is getting another Vita theme. :D
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201506/11080624.html

Deemo getting themes too it seems like.
18541553670_39a3e27401_o.png
18543066179_b771e3a49a_o.png

18724387102_f7d58b0df5_o.png
18541554850_6d75b67548_o.png

We might be having a situation similar to Brandish for the EU release of Trails SC, since XSEED is publishing themselves. That's going to be a tough wait
Nothing new for EU JRPG fans, but with the VIta practically being region locked for digital, it still sucks. Really shouldn't happen for digital releases these days

No, I don't think a simultaneous launch is possible. Europe is a lot harder compared to NA--multiple rating systems, all with different rules, and SCEE is a bit tougher as well. We'll try and keep them as close as we can, but I'm not really sure about Europe's window being Summer or Fall yet.
That also could put it much closer to Cold Steel

In good news, there might be a simultaneous EU release for Astebreed on PS4 after all
We're hoping to do just that, but nothing official yet.

Really like the game, it just got left behind because I was playing Dark Souls 2 at the same time and after those games I don't feel like playing anything for a while.
Not sure if to finish on PS3 now or wait for Revival..

I'd just wait for Revival. That way the new one feels more worth it. Never got the PS3 version, so I'm personally really looking forward to the newer version.

Deemo getting themes too it seems like.

I really liked the iOS game and its music, so hopefully the game and themes get localized. Seems like it would be an easy localization as the Japanese release will have English text and it's digital only in Japan (making it an even easier and localization), so I'm optimistic about its chances.

bobohoro

We might be having a situation similar to Brandish for the EU release of Trails SC, since XSEED is publishing themselves. That's going to be a tough wait
Nothing new for EU JRPG fans, but with the VIta practically being region locked for digital, it still sucks. Really shouldn't happen for digital releases these days

Sigh. Don't know if I should be angry or sad anymore. If it's another 2-3 month wait, I'll...still buy it. Can't be helped. It's SC after all.

Sigh. Don't know if I should be angry or sad anymore. If it's another 2-3 month wait, I'll...still buy it. Can't be helped. It's SC after all.

Criticising it also doesn't do anything, since people will defend it with SCEE cert and rating boards and yadda yadda, although even one man indie teams manage simultaneous releases these days. I'll just try to ignore everything about it when it comes out in the US. And I think they're hurting the success of the game by doing it as well. You only have one release date that generates hype and word of mouth. I think the Brandish thread got like three posts after the EU release.

Tizoc

Xseed teased Nitroplus Blasters localization... How many games are they working on? XD

Ugh I watched a video of it. In it's attract mode/press start screen, Super Soniko greets you, she bows and then when she stands up straight her breasts jiggle a little.
Fucking stupid and needless.

Game otherwise looks OK, like a poor man's Metly Blood :V

bobohoro

Criticising it also doesn't do anything, since people will defend it with SCEE cert and rating boards and yadda yadda, although even one man indie teams manage simultaneous releases these days. I'll just try to ignore everything about it when it comes out in the US. And I think they're hurting the success of the game by doing it as well. You only have one release date that generates hype and word of mouth. I think the Brandish thread got like three posts after the EU release.

Yeah, I can let the ratings/SCEE-stuff slide as an excuse on your first try, but subsequent releases of a company should see the process sped up or eliminated all together if you're efficiently optimising your way of publishing. I mean, you can still do the same routine if you don't really care about your european customers, but then they deserve some flack for it.

Ugh I watched a video of it. In it's attract mode/press start screen, Super Soniko greets you, she bows and then when she stands up straight her breasts jiggle a little.

lol. That's pretty much the reason the game exists. It features straight up eroge characters afaik

AsfaeksBR

I really feel like the best part of buying a Vita was not knowing anything about the games itself. I knew it had some fantastic ones like Danganronpa, Uncharted and all, but I never looked much into them because, honestly, I never though of getting a Vita
Shizuka sold me on it, though

So, I'm really enjoying Danganronpa since I have no clue on what to expect (I didn't evento knew it was a Murder Mystery until I started it), I have no clube what Persona is about (all I know is that it's long), and so on with the other exclusives.

It just feels right to do it: No hype, no spoilers, just surprises.

SerTapTap

I really feel like the best part of buying a Vita was not knowing anything about the games itself. I knew it had some fantastic ones like Danganronpa, Uncharted and all, but I never looked much into them because, honestly, I never though of getting a Vita
Shizuka sold me on it, though

So, I'm really enjoying Danganronpa since I have no clue on what to expect (I didn't evento knew it was a Murder Mystery until I started it), I have no clube what Persona is about (all I know is that it's long), and so on with the other exclusives.

It just feels right to do it: No hype, no spoilers, just surprises.

I guess this is nice for people like you, but as someone who knows of these games it's insanely frustrating to see someone turn down a $40 PS TV when Dangan Ronpa pretty much singlehandedly justifies the price (along with a few dozen other things)

Game otherwise looks OK, like a poor man's Metly Blood :V

It's a Nitroplus fighting game where Sonico is finally playable. They'd be complete idiots not to feature her (and they were complete idiots for not having her playable in the first arcade version)

Xseed teased Nitroplus Blasters localization... How many games are they working on? XD

All of them, it's ridiculous.

Prelude.

You didn't like the dub for Golden? I thought the VA's did a great job and none of them felt grating or anything. Do you prefer the JP VA's instead, due to them sounding more 'truer' to the original characters? If so, I can understand, as JP VA's give a different dimension to English VA (I know that is the case for Sonic at least; the JP VA is radically different in tone compared to the English VA).

Either way, I hope you do give Persona 4 Golden a shot, as it is a fantastic JRPG that got me into the genre :).
What's wrong with the sub?
I actually never played Persona, will start P4G as soon as I finish Danganronpa
It exists, that's what's wrong. Not being able to hear the original dub is detrimental to the experience to me and in P4G I can't even turn off the english dub entirely. The problem is that it's that or play the P4 undub on PS2/PC and I don't think I'll last that long considering I dropped P3FES undub twice on PC.

Tizoc

So yeah
Got order for $25
Bloodbourne for $25
And jurasic world tkt+snacks for $25

And i still have moola for the steam sale :v

Top Bottom