• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

hydruxo

Ugh, I've been trying to buy Witcher 3 on PSN since last night and it keeps telling me "this transaction cannot be completed" every time I try to check out. I've talked to two different support reps, first guy said it was probably due to the PSN maintenance this morning and to just wait an hour before trying again. I did that, still didn't work. Talked to another rep and he said that PSN is having problems with password resets and that lots of people are having this payment issue. I asked if there was a time frame for when I can expect to be able to buy things again and he couldn't tell me. Anybody else on here unable to buy anything on PSN? It's so frustrating because Witcher 3 goes off sale tomorrow.

Saphirax

Ugh, I've been trying to buy Witcher 3 on PSN since last night and it keeps telling me "this transaction cannot be completed" every time I try to check out. I've talked to two different support reps, first guy said it was probably due to the PSN maintenance this morning and to just wait an hour before trying again. I did that, still didn't work. Talked to another rep and he said that PSN is having problems with password resets and that lots of people are having this payment issue. I asked if there was a time frame for when I can expect to be able to buy things again and he couldn't tell me. Anybody else on here unable to buy anything on PSN? It's so frustrating because Witcher 3 goes off sale tomorrow.

Were you attempting to buy the game from the webstore? I pre-ordered The Witcher 3 just fine from the ps4 store this morning.

hydruxo

Were you attempting to buy the game from the webstore? I pre-ordered The Witcher 3 just fine from the ps4 store this morning.

I've tried to purchase it on my PS4, and I've tried on the web store. Tried numerous times on both. No luck with either one.

Saphirax

I've tried to purchase it on my PS4, and I've tried on the web store. Tried numerous times on both. No luck with either one.

I think I got the same error during another maintenance but it resolved itself within a few hours. Your best bet would be to try again tomorrow before it goes off sale :/.

VLiberty

After the first couple of levels I've really started to get hooked by Mini Ninjas. I've started it yesterday and I'm already at the last section of the game. When I played the first levels I was afraid it would have started to get repetetive very quickly and insted I can't put it down.
The main flaw of this game is that, while it lets you handle the situations in a lot of ways, it doesn't actually incentivize you to do so.

Phototropic

Neo Member
If you are paying with a credit card, consider buying a code from Amazon and applying it to your account. That's how I got around it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The end game content is so small and difficult, melee weapons also become useless. Crafting items becomes pretty annoying because of the limits(those limits can be reduced through the use of those citizens).Online is very laggy too. I tried to play PvP with baeshki and we just quit it after a few minutes.

edit: F that mission where you fight
Two of the final boss at the same time...

SSD online was extremely good for me.

outside of cutting parts off with specific types melee weapons were always useless for the most part due to the shitty non planned animations used and the design of the abductors themselves.

outside of cutting parts off with specific types melee weapons were always useless for the most part due to the shitty non planned animations used and the design of the abductors themselves.
God Eater handles the close/long range combat a lot better in regards to how both options are viable ways of defeating an enemy. With Freedom Wars I too quickly realized that physical attack weapons were pointless against abductors. Using a melee weapon means wasting a slot that could be better used with a firing weapon of some sort .
Is this basically the official Vita GAF thread?
No.
YES.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have to admit Project X Zone has me interested in God Eater. Not enough to actually buy the old one, but enough to consider buying if it is localized and at the right price.

Shizuka

I have to admit Project X Zone has me interested in God Eater. Not enough to actually buy the old one, but enough to consider buying if it is localized and at the right price.

Project X Zone turned me off every single game that appeared on the crossover.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Project X Zone turned me off every single game that appeared on the crossover.

The good parts are all in the in jokes and banter. The actual game is a chore on the highest of levels. Some maps can take 2 hours of the same stuff over and over again with almost no variety.

Shizuka

The good parts are all in the in jokes and banter. The actual game is a chore on the highest of levels. Some maps can take 2 hours of the same stuff over and over again with almost no variety.

After finishing the game with 55 hours of playtime, I felt like it was a hollow experience overall.

Leeness

I haven't been able to sign into PSN all day. :( I want to buy Witcher 3 but I can't get it off the web store and can't sign into PSN to buy it on the PS4. :(

hydruxo

If you are paying with a credit card, consider buying a code from Amazon and applying it to your account. That's how I got around it.

Yeah that's my last resort I guess. I wanted to buy Witcher 3 off PSN for $53 rather than having to pay extra for a $60 PSN card though.

Leeness

Sigh. Tried unplugging everything and rebooting my router, PSN is still completely down for me (despite the PSN site saying everything is up).

The second I click sign in to PSN, it doesn't even think about it and time out, it immediately says the service is unavailable.

Any ideas? It sounds like it's up for most people now, but it's totally dead for me :/

Any ideas? It sounds like it's up for most people now, but it's totally dead for me :/

I get this at times too but in my case, they seem to not like certain IPs by my internet provider. It seems that some of these IPs were used in nefarious purposes (DDoS'ing, fraud) so they are blocked by certain sites. I know that I can't access PSN if my go-to sites suddenly showed me a Cloudflare / website protection urls where I have to verify that I'm not a bot.

I have to turn off my router, hope&wait someone gets my old IP then hopefully get a new one that can access it.

Leeness

I get this at times too but in my case, they seem to not like certain IPs by my internet provider. It seems that some of these IPs were used in nefarious purposes (DDoS'ing, fraud) so they are blocked by certain sites. I know that I can't access PSN if my go-to sites suddenly showed me a Cloudflare / website protection urls where I have to verify that I'm not a bot.

I have to turn off my router, hope&wait someone gets my old IP then hopefully get a new one that can access it.

Well I mean, it's worked just fine for me since I've had it. It just seems they've had problems this weekend and mine still isn't resolved? I don't know :( But I unplugged my router and rebooted it.

Chuy

A bit random but is there any chance of Phantasy star nova being localized for the west? Got to try Phantasy Star Portable 2 earlier today and I'm now interested in the trying the series out

Redhood

Well I mean, it's worked just fine for me since I've had it. It just seems they've had problems this weekend and mine still isn't resolved? I don't know :( But I unplugged my router and rebooted it.

Have u tried clearing your cache and cookies? That is sometimes the reason.

cyborg009

Banned

Also Parakeetman did you notice it was a bit odd we only had one "flying" enemy in the game? It felt like such a wasted opportunity.

Leeness

Have u tried clearing your cache and cookies? That is sometimes the reason.

That's just a browser thing, no? It was a problem across my computer, iPad and iPhone with the web store.

I ended up making a paypal and buying the game that way but I can't download it lol

Parakeetman

Also Parakeetman did you notice it was a bit odd we only had one "flying" enemy in the game? It felt like such a wasted opportunity.

Pretty much. What could have been a great flagship title for sony turned into a clusterfuck of stupid due to the team going in too many directions. you can tell the wrong people were in charge from the various poor decisions with the title. such a huge waste.

what made even less sense was how long sony kept trying to promote it with events and such in japan.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was super disappointed with Freedom Wars. This flash sale only solidifies my regret for buying it digitally at full price. ;_;

Parakeetman

God Eater handles the close/long range combat a lot better in regards to how both options are viable ways of defeating an enemy. With Freedom Wars I too quickly realized that physical attack weapons were pointless against abductors. Using a melee weapon means wasting a slot that could be better used with a firing weapon of some sort .

No.
YES.

you can tell from the animations and functionality of the melee weapons in general whoever was incharge with greenlighting things with the project had no clue as to what they were doing. those with experience from shift with the god eater series know well better with balancing melee combat and things like weapon animations, timing, etc.

I'm still pretty new to the PSN with my Vita so I have a simple question. How much in advance do we typically know about retro PSN releases? I seem to remember stuff like Suikoden 2 and Tron Bonne coming up without a lot of buildup but that could also just have been me not paying enough attention.

Takao

Banned
I'm still pretty new to the PSN with my Vita so I have a simple question. How much in advance do we typically know about retro PSN releases? I seem to remember stuff like Suikoden 2 and Tron Bonne coming up without a lot of buildup but that could also just have been me not paying enough attention.

Seldom do retro releases on PlayStation plaforms get much in the way of a head's up. Generally we only learn about them on the Thursday or Friday prior to their release via the PlayStation Blog podcast. Sometimes we don't know what's coming until it's out.

The best indicator we often have is PEGI or ESRB ratings, like Suikoden III for example. We're lucky if we're getting any classic releases at all these days

Top Bottom