• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Tizoc

I enjoyed it but it was overhyped as hell. There were people in the spoiler thread seriously saying it deserved a Best Picture nomination.

Like, what. No. Decent action movie but not this landmark of cinema certain people are claiming it to be, and certainly not worth a 99 or whatever it is on Rotten Tomatoes.

Looking forward to the game. Avalanche is going to be taking all my time this fall between Mad Max and JC3.

Hey people will overhype anything they like, like Demon Gaze for example.

Did you have a blast watching it? Yes? Then spread the word, visually it was stunning, action was top notch, and Guitar Dood was my kinda NPC, rock on in Valhala bro! YOU HAVE BEEN WITNESSED!

I do have a few gripes but overall it was a fun time, also dat Immortan Joe mask
mad_max_fury_road_immortan_joe_by_maltian-d89hlf8.png

I bet it'll be DLC in the game lol.

You guys
and gals
MAD MAX FURY ROAD
Fucking awesome

Go watch it already

Can't wait for the game that's releasing in a few months, beating the shit out of assholes as Max is gonna be so gooooooooooooooooood.
Was planning on watching this next week. First I saw the 99/100 on Rotten Tomatoes, then the 89 on Metacritic, and then everyone speaking great stuff about it. It legit got me excited, and the movie will work wonders to hype people up for the game.

Tizoc

Was planning on watching this next week. First I saw the 99/100 on Rotten Tomatoes, then the 89 on Metacritic, and then everyone speaking great stuff about it. It legit got me excited, and the movie will work wonder to hype people up for the game.

It's a fun action and visual romp from start to finish.
Watch it with friends and rest assured you do not need to watch the older movies to enjoy this.

CISphil

Neo Member
Is it just me or has Sony removed the option to add funds through Paypal? For whatever reason, I'm not able to just add to my wallet like normal. Instead, its asking me to add Paypal as a payment option which is NOT what I want.
Edit: This is through the EU web store btw.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Just started it yesterday and really like it thus far although I have no idea how to deal with all those bullets and bullet creation.

you wont be able to make most stuff till way later anyways so for the most part you can ignore it. bullets are more for targeting specific parts or making bullets and using gun types to break parts due to your melee weapon being unable to do so

RK128

Ended up picking up Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrfice Delta and LittleBigPlanet Vita....and that is one heck of a deal :D.

FW just came out last fall, SSD is a well worth its price (as it is the original game plus a whole extra game on top of that with visual improvements/gameplay fixes) and LBP Vita is something I always wanted to pick up but never got around to getting (always figured it would come to Plus but at this point....it is best to just get it :)).

FW is interesting, as I honestly found it funny that "You are sentenced into 1 million years of prison time for losing your memory!"; if that was the case for every RPG, then so many characters would be in prison XD. Gameplay of FW is great though, with the vine being such a fun tool to use and I like how the combat works (you can use guns, a simple melee weapon and your vine in conjunction with other weapons). I can imagine how fun it is to Spiderman with a gun in latter portions of the game :D. The visuals are nice, the music has a nice techno-vibe going on and the controls are solid. Really like it so far and I am glad to finally pick this up :D.

LBP Vita I know as a great game as I played through LBP 1 a while back, enjoyed LBP 2 when it came to Plus, and liked the demo I played of this a long time before I even got a Vita; really enjoy this series :). So, I came into this knowing its quality (and that many consider this to be the best in the series) and I have to agree; the level design early on is inventive with the Vita's inputs of the touch screen/rear touch pad and the game feels tighter then both LBP and LBP2. Overall, I really like this and I can't wait to see what levels other people made after I get through the first world or two in the story mode :D.

SSD I already know is a great game, as it takes the great Soul Sacrifice and adds more to it; more content, improved visuals, tighter controls, and gameplay fixes. All of this leads to a great 'plus' version of an already fantastic game. I really like the story in the original, as it felt like reading a great but dark novel as an reward through getting through the core gameplay.

I still have my plans of contacting you, Galdius, Ninjamix and dallow to get pictures of our ridiculous Vita collections (yours being much bigger than mine).

I think you guys should do this because i love seeing badass game collections and am super into Vita collecting since i got the system last month.

Ventara

Alright guys, help me decide what to get in this flash sale. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Buy

Okami HD

Maybe

I Am Alive
*Mass Effect Trilogy
*Freedom Wars
Frozen Synapse
*Hot Shots Golf
*Little Big Planet
Soul Sacrifice Delta (kinda enjoyed the original, but never got too far into it)

* = I have sealed physical copy.

Shizuka

Alright guys, help me decide what to get in this flash sale. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Buy

Okami HD

Maybe

I Am Alive
*Mass Effect Trilogy
*Freedom Wars
Frozen Synapse
*Hot Shots Golf
*Little Big Planet
Soul Sacrifice Delta (kinda enjoyed the original, but never got too far into it)

SSD and Frozen Synapse. Don't get games you already have, would be my opinion.

RK128

Buy

Okami HD

Maybe

I Am Alive
*Mass Effect Trilogy
*Freedom Wars
Frozen Synapse
*Hot Shots Golf
*Little Big Planet
Soul Sacrifice Delta
(kinda enjoyed the original, but never got too far into it)

I think the bolded are good buys mainly due to the fact they come with the online pass, something that you may not have if you own the game used (similar to my case, as I own Hot Shots Golf as a physical copy, but I did not get the only pass, leading to having that section of the game being locked out for me). If you get the digital versions, they come bundled in with the online pass, so if you got LBP and Hot Shots used, then you will be getting the online pass for half off (normally 10 bucks).

SSD is a great deal, considering that it includes the original game with refunded mechanics and gameplay, improved visuals (the game being native res and 60 FPS) and a ton of new content based on fables like Little Red Ridding Hood and so on.

I Am Alive is a good buy just to see what Ubi 'finished' of the game; it was supposed to be a much, much larger game but due to reasons unknown, the game was left in the dark for a very long time....until it came back out of nowhere as a PSN/XBLA game sometime a few years back.

I own it and find it okay; like how the climbing mechanics have a tiring meter (which makes exploring both rewarding and challenging) and how dark everything is (as this is 'the end of the world' esc set up). For its current price, not a bad deal I think :).

Edit: You have sealed copies of the Vita games.....never mind my statements then.

Producer

played a bit of SS Delta, and noticing they nerfed projectile spells lol. Kind of expected because in vanilla i was able to take down 10star bosses in like a minute or two.

They are still really good but have more recovery, im just powering through at the moment since i have high level spells from my previous save.

autoduelist

I enjoyed it but it was overhyped as hell

Eh, as long as it's not manufactured hype (as in fake, using paid plants) who cares?

We don't always agree with everyone ... And just because we don't agree with the majority doesn't mean it's over or under hyped, It just means we have a minority opinion.

I haven't seen fury road yet but I can't wait.... I've been watching the originals over and over for decades so it literally can't be overhyped to me... I've wanted this film for decades. Heck, even my avatar speaks to my love of the general genre.

But this idea that people overhype things seems off to me. I mean, it's a given not everyone will like something, so even if it's absolutely magnificent someone out there is going to say it's overhyped. Well, not if everyone else loves it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I myself bought Freedom Wars and SSD. I have little interest in SSD but it's a good price to give it a shot (might hit the 99 cent pile next year but less than 5 isn't bad at all) and Freedom Wars is supposedly quite good until right around the end of story mode.

Producer

I myself bought Freedom Wars and SSD. I have little interest in SSD but it's a good price to give it a shot (might hit the 99 cent pile next year but less than 5 isn't bad at all) and Freedom Wars is supposedly quite good until right around the end of story mode.

Freedom Wars starts to drag way before the end of story mode lol. Low number of enemy types, forcing story in your face, RNG crafting with bonus element of F2P timer bullshit, etc. The core gameplay is solid but all the issues drag the game down.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Freedom Wars starts to drag way before the end of story mode lol. Low number of enemy types, forcing story in your face, RNG crafting with bonus element of F2P timer bullshit, etc. The core gameplay is solid but all the issues drag the game down.

Still sounds like a good 5 dollar investment though. I've heard both that SSD is amazing and stupendously boring from people with similar tastes to mine so that's the one I'm more skeptical about. Everyone I talk to seems to agree that FW is fun...until it isn't anymore.

cyborg009

Banned
Still sounds like a good 5 dollar investment though. I've heard both that SSD is amazing and stupendously boring from people with similar tastes to mine so that's the one I'm more skeptical about. Everyone I talk to seems to agree that FW is fun...until it isn't anymore.

I always tell people to drop Freedom Wars after they beat the main story.

Producer

Yeah, you'll definately get your moneys worth by the time your done with the game. Havent played much of Delta but i put in a good amount of time on vanilla, its ok but at the end game it got stale since there isnt much depth to the fights, hope its different with Delta. One good thing with SS is that it had good free DLC support that adds new bosses/missions.

Dropped about $24 on PSOne classics with my new JP PSN account. Man, Panzer Bandit and Harmful Park for ¥600 a piece... so good. I also picked up Mad Stalker and Einhander.

Heads up for anyone who is considering buying Einhander on the JP PSN store: It's the inferior (IMO) Japanese version.

RK128

So Freedom Wars begins to drag on after the main story? That doesn't sound to bad, considering how fun the combat system is, the presentation being strong and the multiplayer potentially giving the game some more life :). Besides, for 5 bucks it is well worth giving a shot :D.

Freedom Wars is a good game from the start to finish of the campaign in my opinion. End Game is an absolute chore and it's completely broken. Play it for the story and leave it at that.

RK128

Freedom Wars is a good game from the start to finish of the campaign in my opinion. End Game is an absolute chore and it's completely broken. Play it for the story and leave it at that.

I have a question; what makes Freedom Wars end game so bad? I would imagine that the bosses get cheaper or something but is it more then that?

Shizuka

I have a question; what makes Freedom Wars end game so bad? I would imagine that the bosses get cheaper or something but is it more then that?

From my experience, it's ridiculously hard, borderline impossible to take down with just AI companions.

cyborg009

Banned
So Freedom Wars begins to drag on after the main story? That doesn't sound to bad, considering how fun the combat system is, the presentation being strong and the multiplayer potentially giving the game some more life :). Besides, for 5 bucks it is well worth giving a shot :D.

The end game content is so small and difficult, melee weapons also become useless. Crafting items becomes pretty annoying because of the limits(those limits can be reduced through the use of those citizens).Online is very laggy too. I tried to play PvP with baeshki and we just quit it after a few minutes.

edit: F that mission where you fight
Two of the final boss at the same time...

SSD online was extremely good for me.

Ventara

SSD and Frozen Synapse. Don't get games you already have, would be my opinion.

I think the bolded are good buys mainly due to the fact they come with the online pass, something that you may not have if you own the game used (similar to my case, as I own Hot Shots Golf as a physical copy, but I did not get the only pass, leading to having that section of the game being locked out for me). If you get the digital versions, they come bundled in with the online pass, so if you got LBP and Hot Shots used, then you will be getting the online pass for half off (normally 10 bucks).

SSD is a great deal, considering that it includes the original game with refunded mechanics and gameplay, improved visuals (the game being native res and 60 FPS) and a ton of new content based on fables like Little Red Ridding Hood and so on.

I Am Alive is a good buy just to see what Ubi 'finished' of the game; it was supposed to be a much, much larger game but due to reasons unknown, the game was left in the dark for a very long time....until it came back out of nowhere as a PSN/XBLA game sometime a few years back.

I own it and find it okay; like how the climbing mechanics have a tiring meter (which makes exploring both rewarding and challenging) and how dark everything is (as this is 'the end of the world' esc set up). For its current price, not a bad deal I think :).

Edit: You have sealed copies of the Vita games.....never mind my statements then.

I'll probably end up getting SSD. Is it alright playing by myself with AI? I Am Alive does interest me due to it's setting and gameplay, though I think I'll watch a few vids before making the call.

I suppose there is no point in picking up the games I have physical copies of. It's just tempting to keep my sealed copies "mint" (yes, I'm kinda weird like that), though I suppose those Vita games have a good chance at being PS+ games one day, and ME Trilogy has been rumored to be ported to PS4.

UberTag

Is it just me or has Sony removed the option to add funds through Paypal? For whatever reason, I'm not able to just add to my wallet like normal. Instead, its asking me to add Paypal as a payment option which is NOT what I want.
Edit: This is through the EU web store btw.
It is NOT just you. And it is NOT just in Europe. Seeing the same thing on my front here in North America. Seems like they're only facilitating PayPal as a payment option, restricting the ability to add funds and will only allow you to process transactions with a pre-existing balance in your PayPal account... which means we'll be at the mercy of ACH transfer delays going forward and have to maintain an active balance in our PayPal accounts... neither of which I'm cool with.

It's like they're holding a gun to my head to add a credit card number back to my PSN account... something I vowed not to do again after the last time the network got compromised. Going to need a day or two to mull over my options.

After a few days of reading / analysing errors / coding stuff I should be able to meet the may 31 cutoff. Getting ready for my crappy game to release on the PSM.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I should be able to get my bonus so that I can participate in the sale. LBP will be mine!

N° 2048

Re;birth 2.
:D
Re;Birth 2
Obivously :p

I'm new to the Vita world. Want to build my 'game library'
backlog

My list is as follows:
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Gravity Rush
Danganronpa 1
Phantom Breaker Battleground
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Murasaki Baby
Freedom Wars
Persona 4
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 (10 hours in)
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed

If the first games are good I will get the sequels.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It is NOT just you. And it is NOT just in Europe. Seeing the same thing on my front here in North America. Seems like they're only facilitating PayPal as a payment option, restricting the ability to add funds and will only allow you to process transactions with a pre-existing balance in your PayPal account... which means we'll be at the mercy of ACH transfer delays going forward and have to maintain an active balance in our PayPal accounts... neither of which I'm cool with.

It's like they're holding a gun to my head to add a credit card number back to my PSN account... something I vowed not to do again after the last time the network got compromised. Going to need a day or two to mull over my options.

Just get instant digital PSN codes to add to your balance like me.

I've no problem with using my credit card on the PSN, your money's insured.

For me it is not about losing money, it's about the possibility of losing my account for reversing charges after I'm hacked and my card is used to purchase a bunch of shit like EA sports packs.

With no true 2 step verification I won't be adding my card and risking nearly 10 years of digital games.

From my experience, it's ridiculously hard, borderline impossible to take down with just AI companions.

The end game content is so small and difficult, melee weapons also become useless. Crafting items becomes pretty annoying because of the limits(those limits can be reduced through the use of those citizens).Online is very laggy too. I tried to play PvP with baeshki and we just quit it after a few minutes.

edit: F that mission where you fight
Two of the final boss at the same time...

SSD online was extremely good for me.
This and you are at the mercy of a screwed up RNG in order to max out your crafted weapons. The difficulty is very artificial, instead of making the game harder with interesting mechanics, all they do is increase the enemy's strength. They become authentic sponges, and unless you find people online to play with, the AI won't cut it.

These are all things that they can easily improve on if they ever make a sequel, the base game was good aside from some hiccups here and there.

Zhao_Yun

Consider looking up some guide/FAQ online later on. It is a very handy and fun tool, but it can get frustrating to figure everything out on your own and may really slow you down in higher leveled quests.

Personally the way I did it was not taking it too seriously and just going wild, eventually you will just get it. That's the beauty of the system, there are people that take advantage of it to create bullets for crazy damage and stats, but you don't need to do it to see the game to its end. Just play with it! I remember creating this huge ball of destruction once that reminded me of a black hole lol. I would fire it, but it would stay in the same spot orbiting for about 20 secs. It was close ranged, but anything that got stuck in it would be damaged pretty badly lol.

you wont be able to make most stuff till way later anyways so for the most part you can ignore it. bullets are more for targeting specific parts or making bullets and using gun types to break parts due to your melee weapon being unable to do so

Yeah, I figured that it won't be that important in the beginning. I will start playing around with it once I am further in. Thx for the tips guys :)

backlog

My list is as follows:
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Gravity Rush
Danganronpa 1
Murasaki Baby
Freedom Wars
Persona 4

Add Ys: Memories of Celceta to the bunch!

Yeah, I figured that it won't be that important in the beginning. I will start playing around with it once I am further in. Thx for the tips guys :)
You make me want to go through the game again, I can't even tell you how many times I have gone through it, losing saves, starting anew on the Vita, etc. With the anime releasing in the Summer though, I wanna go into it "kinda" fresh since it has been at least a year since I last played it. I can easily say it'd my favorite "monster hunting" series though.

Shiina

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but I can't seem to be able to copy Soul Sacrifice back to my Vita. Over WiFi it craps out after a few minutes and over USB it just gets stuck at some point and the time left minute count shoots up to 500+ and it seemingly stops progressing. I already rebuilt the database on my Vita but it didn't help.
I don't want to re-download the game because I'm only copying it back to get access to my save file.

Anybody an idea?

Got it to work after installing a third party CMA tool. Bravo Sony.

Vylash

Obivously :p

backlog

My list is as follows:
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Gravity Rush
Danganronpa 1
Murasaki Baby
Freedom Wars
Persona 4

Vylash's Vita Starter Kit (TM)

Danganronpa 1/2
Gravity Rush
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Neptunia Re;Birth 1/2
Neptunia U
Atelier Rorona/Totori/Meruru

Vylash

Freedom Wars: "would you like to rest?"

Me: "sure"

Freedom Wars "you do not have the right to recline, your sentence has been extended"

>_>

Top Bottom