• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

you guys are really making me regret buying freedom wars
We all said it was a great purchase and I stand by my words. It's a really fun game that has a bunch of fundamental flaws, but that doesn't make it any less fun. For me, just like Parakeet mentioned, the disappointing thing was that Shift had its hand in the game also (they make the God Eater games), but they clearly didn't have much of a hand on the areas that we touched on regarding weapon balancing, or if they did they didn't do as much of a great job as they have done so far with God Eater. I saw this game as a testing product for a new series, if they decide to make a sequel you better believe that one will be a lot better. I see a lot of potential in this series.

wilstreak

tbh, FW is the first and only Hunting Game that i enjoy, mainly because it offer more dynamic movement
SSD and MH is just too slow for me, so I am really glad to purchase FW

Let's hope that Sony will make Fw2

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
you guys are really making me regret buying freedom wars

the average user wont know whats wrong with the game really. apart from the really obvious stuff.

besides if you bought it on a sale try buying it at full price then finding out the clusterfuck of stupid that it was.

game was ok in general but outside of the thorn system its not exactly something to write home about.

game doesnt require much skill either as its mostly latching onto parts and breaking them. esp when it comes to the sheilded types.

as long as someone isnt horrible at TPS games they should have little to no issues outside of not having equipment up to par against stronger targets.

games crafting was made easier too since you can delete stuff you dont want now for a price.

once you go through the halfassed story yeah there is little reason to play more unless you really want to grind out higher damage values for equipment. even then there is a wall with that. not like there is any useful end game contents anyways lol

they had such a nice and varied cast plus setting too. all wasted.

the crafting stuff too isnt that bad with the real world time limits as you should be doing missions anyways and most stuff finishes fast.

by the time you are making high production time items you should have a decent stock of civilians to help cut that down.

plus you can manage to clear the game with standard customized weapons and dont need to bother with making a perfect game breaking barbara as you only really want that if you are bored enough to do the real high lv missions.

by the time you clear the game you most def would have had your $$$ worth with the title.

also the friendly AI isnt stupid but has an issue with the devs having chopped up its patterns to make it appear more complex when all they wound up doing was making it so you had to switch orders on occasions to prevent them from causing issues. different story characters have different AI traits too so pay attention to that. they designed it like that on purpose

ohMcOrL.jpg

Breach & Clear is no Synapse Prime or XCom. It is mediocre and repetitive but can be fun for a level at a time. Should have had more unlocked from the start to make things more interesting, not that unlocks really matter much. Leveling up doesn't seem to matter much either. Lots of dumb luck for success or failure. The simplicity of it is great for when I don't want to wrack my brain with Synapse Prime. Runs well on Vita. The interface takes some getting use to but is fine when you get the hang of it and you can play it without using the touch screen. Still going to keep it on my Vita for a once and a while play.

hEeT1eb.jpg

Still working through the long Nom Nom Galaxy tutorial. Yeah it is a dense and deep game. The game is a lot like rymdkapsel crossed with Terraria. It makes me want to play rymdkapsel which everyone should get the PS Mobile version before the store shuts down. Going to power through this game until hopefully it clicks and becomes less work and more fun. It is very much a consult a Wiki page game.

g5aQTmI.jpg

Yorbie sucks and wasn't worth the $5 I payed for it. Clunky, ugly and boring. There isn't even that much terrible content here. Not going to waste any more of my life even talking about this game. Episode 2 of this game could revolutionize gaming but I won't touch it.

ZbAEZO8.jpg

Did you like Titan Attacks!? Ultratron is basically the same game but now it is a twin stick shooter. I thought Titan Attacks! was OK so I am thinking this game is OK too. Do yourself a favor and turn off the too intense visual filters.

autoduelist

ohMcOrL.jpg

Breach & Clear is no Synapse Prime or XCom. It is mediocre and repetitive but can be fun for a level at a time. Should have had more unlocked from the start to make things more interesting, not that unlocks really matter much. Leveling up doesn't seem to matter much either. Lots of dumb luck for success or failure. The simplicity of it is great for when I don't want to wrack my brain with Synapse Prime. Runs well on Vita. The interface takes some getting use to but is fine when you get the hang of it and you can play it without using the touch screen. Still going to keep it on my Vita for a once and a while play.

while i agree it is mediocre compared to frozen synapse and doorkickers, while still being fun... the one thing i wanted to address was that i never really felt likeitwas dumb luck. careful technique does win... itjust gives you an incomplete toolset _ no way to synch breaching,for example. still fun thouvh. nowwe need door kickers on vita

while i agree it is mediocre compared to frozen synapse and doorkickers, while still being fun... the one thing i wanted to address was that i never really felt likeitwas dumb luck. careful technique does win... itjust gives you an incomplete toolset _ no way to synch breaching,for example. still fun thouvh. nowwe need door kickers on vita

Yeah the breach order seems random? To really get the 5 star rating it seems like slow and careful isn't going to get it. You need to just go in fast blazing and guess where the enemies are going to be and get lucky.

SerTapTap

Neptunia U soon. Going to have a video up...as soon as I can re-record (stupid mic, stupid windows, stupid grumble). If you like Neptunia games this is pretty easily the best side-game so far. It differentiates itself from Senran Kagura more than I expected, though if you don't like the "beat up swarms of dumb enemies" thing you probably won't like it either, but it's some good cathartic dumb fun IMO.

Yorbie sucks and wasn't worth the $5 I payed for it. Clunky, ugly and boring. There isn't even that much terrible content here. Not going to waste any more of my life even talking about this game. Episode 2 of this game could revolutionize gaming but I won't touch it.

It needed like...10x the gameplay variation. And I don't know why there are "platforming" segments. In fact I played Turok on N64 and it reminded me of the platforming bits in Yorbie, not all games need platforming especially when your jump is really bad. I guess I should have mentioned it wasn't worth the $4 or whatever when the sale was on, I had a review code and didn't like it. Made a video, probably shouldn't have tbh

The complexity in Nom Nom Galaxy kinda bums me out. It doesn't seem like a bad game but it completely lacks the simple, instant flow state that pretty much all other Pixeljunk games have.

autoduelist

For me it is not about losing money, it's about the possibility of losing my account for reversing charges after I'm hacked and my card is used to purchase a bunch of shit like EA sports packs.

With no true 2 step verification I won't be adding my card and risking nearly 10 years of digital games.

keep your pc secure and that wont happen. those things arent because sony was hacked, tbe user details were compromised elsewhere. hackers got nothing usable during the famous hack and sony invested tons into security since then. my card is safer there imo than using it at a store or site that wasnt hacked. ive got years of massve purchase history too... no fear for my account though.

Neptunia U soon. Going to have a video up...as soon as I can re-record (stupid mic, stupid windows, stupid grumble).

I bypass the whole PC experience by using this that puts the video directly to a USB stick:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMTYPXC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Worth the $80.

It needed like...10x the gameplay variation. And I don't know why there are "platforming" segments. In fact I played Turok on N64 and it reminded me of the platforming bits in Yorbie, not all games need platforming especially when your jump is really bad. I guess I should have mentioned it wasn't worth the $4 or whatever when the sale was on, I had a review code and didn't like it. Made a video, probably shouldn't have tbh

Yeah I remember your video and what you said about the game but I wanted this not be bad so I pushed all that out of my head and said it is only $5. Maybe you should use words like "total shit" so I get the message better. :)

The complexity in Nom Nom Galaxy kinda bums me out. It doesn't seem like a bad game but it completely lacks the simple, instant flow state that pretty much all other Pixeljunk games have.

Yeah I acquired it without much knowledge of the game and just thought Pixlejunk is a instaget. Not very Pixeljunk at all other than the look.

SerTapTap

I bypass the whole PC experience by using this that puts the video directly to a USB stick:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMTYPXC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Worth the $80.

Yeah I remember your video and what you said about the game but I wanted this not be bad so I pushed all that out of my head and said it is only $5. Maybe you should use words like "total shit" so I get the message better. :)

Not sure that would help anyway, part of the problem is my Blue Yeti mic is EXTREMELY sensitive and clips insanely if Windows' recording volume is over say 70%. ...the other part is windows for some reason keeps raising the recording volume for no apparent reason and I can't stop it.

I'm not very good at being harsh. There was a bit of potential in the idea (I enjoyed All 4 One I'll admit) but the game fails to live up to any aspect of it.

Lirrik

Hey guys, is anyone else having problems with PS4 not downloading purchases via web store in rest mode? It only starts downloads when I turn it on. Until then it just sits at "waiting" in the download queue on the website.

Of course, I made sure every setting related to downloading and rest mode that should be on is indeed on. I went through to check and recheck every setting.

When I go to the download queue on the web store it states that my downloads will begin once the console is turned on, and that I can set my system to automatically check for updates and pending downloads when in rest mode. The way it's worded it looks like the web store thinks my PS4 is completely turned off.

By the way, all other updates/patches download in rest mode without any issues, it only happens with the download queue when I buy something and want to trigger download remotely. Also when I test it, the moment I press "Download to your PS4" button on the web store my PS4 makes noise as if it's waking up but then goes silent again in a few moments.

antibolo

Banned
The new way PSN handles PayPal is shit. The whole point of using PayPal for me was to avoid tying any payment method to my PSN account. But now that's exactly what it does. Bleh!

Leeness

Hey guys, is anyone else having problems with PS4 not downloading purchases via web store in rest mode? It only starts downloads when I turn it on. Until then it just sits at "waiting" in the download queue on the website.

Of course, I made sure every setting related to downloading and rest mode that should be on is indeed on. I went through to check and recheck every setting.

When I go to the download queue on the web store it states that my downloads will begin once the console is turned on, and that I can set my system to automatically check for updates and pending downloads when in rest mode. The way it's worded it looks like the web store thinks my PS4 is completely turned off.

By the way, all other updates/patches download in rest mode without any issues, it only happens with the download queue when I buy something and want to trigger download remotely. Also when I test it, the moment I press "Download to your PS4" button on the web store my PS4 makes noise as if it's waking up but then goes silent again in a few moments.

Yep. No idea what to do about it because it's the only way I can download Witcher right now...which I now can't do lol.

I feel like it's related to PSN being down?

Lirrik

Yep. No idea what to do about it because it's the only way I can download Witcher right now...which I now can't do lol.

I feel like it's related to PSN being down?

Doesn't look like it, I noticed this behavior a few times already and when I start thinking about it I can't even remember when was the last time remote download worked for me. So it's been a while.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
keep your pc secure and that wont happen. those things arent because sony was hacked, tbe user details were compromised elsewhere. hackers got nothing usable during the famous hack and sony invested tons into security since then. my card is safer there imo than using it at a store or site that wasnt hacked. ive got years of massve purchase history too... no fear for my account though.

I do realize that nothing was really lost during their famous outage a couple years back.
I'm just not going to risk my account password being guessed, or found out in any way. If it happens now it's not a huge deal since there's no card on the account, but it'd be a problem if there were.

Having 2-Step Authentication just about 100% eliminates account issues.

Leeness

Doesn't look like it, I noticed this behavior a few times already and when I start thinking about it I can't even remember when was the last time remote download worked for me. So it's been a while.

Oh, bummer. :( This is the first time I've tried it in a while, so I didn't know it was an ongoing thing.

Which is unfortunate because that means there is absolutely no way I can download Witcher 3 now lol

antibolo

Banned

Why do you keep defending Sony's lack of two factor authentication. This is a serious issue that Sony needs to take care of ASAP. There is no excuse for not having two factor auth on such valuable accounts in 2015.

SerTapTap

2FA should be standard on pretty much anything that ties to real money in any way. They even have their own app they could send codes to if they didn't want to use a standard one or text messages. That said I just use a CC on PSN because I don't want to mess with trying to buy cards every time I need something.

Lirrik

Oh, bummer. :( This is the first time I've tried it in a while, so I didn't know it was an ongoing thing.

Which is unfortunate because that means there is absolutely no way I can download Witcher 3 now lol

I think it actually works for most people, only some are having this problem like us.

SerTapTap

...why exactly are they (and apparently Compile Heart) apparently making full, quality english translations without even announcing a game for the west? Especially with a sequel to an extremely strong seller in this case?

...why exactly are they (and apparently Compile Heart) apparently making full, quality english translations without even announcing a game for the west? Especially with a sequel to an extremely strong seller in this case?

I'm pretty sure a western release of SAO will be happening, and a release for Moe was considered but scrapped at some point.

Lost Song will come to the west, it's guaranteed at this point. I bet they are just waiting foor E3 to announce all of their stuff.

antibolo

Banned

There's plenty of people who speak English in Asia.

SerTapTap

There's plenty of people who speak English in Asia.

Makes sense for the original if they were hesitant to release it in the west, but to not even announce a sequel to a successful game in the west before completing and releasing a version with acceptable English seems...pretty extreme.

Zhao_Yun

South East Asia is a thriving market as well and not everyone there understands Chinese or Japanese.
In case of SAO I think an announcement of the West is just a matter of time (E3 sounds like a good time for the Western market). Compile Heart probably wanted to avoid all the controversy and possible censorship issues surrounding Moe Chronicles and decided against a Western release.

Tohsaka

SAO Hollow Fragment came out in the west around four months after the Asian English version, that'll probably happen again this time. I've been playing Lost Song a bit and the translation is much better than the first game, like an actual English speaker translated it.

Blah, I wanna see more of this game but IGN's player is so terrible.

I didn't watch the first oone, but I watched the second one on my computer and it looked fine, but I know that a lot of people have issues with their player. The game looks simple, but the idea that you have 5 traitors in your midst and every time they are random is awesome. John mentioned how axing the wrong person at a "trial" would mean killing an innocent person, unlike in for example Danganronpa that you get a "game over" screen.

Tohsaka

As an aside, the game has "PS3, PS4 and PS Vita" listed under its trophies. Watch them do a PS4 release for the west as I curse my impatience for importing it.

Valkyria

Banned
I started playing Demon Gaze too. I was having fun until the first boss. I must be really under leveled. The game seems ok, but between DRPG not being my cup of tea and what seems a grindy design I don't know if I'm gonna keep on playing. But hey at east I enjoyed several hours and it did not cost me much.

Top Bottom