• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

antibolo

Banned
I started playing Demon Gaze too. I was having fun until the first boss. I must be really under leveled. The game seems ok, but between DRPG not being my cup of tea and what seems a grindy design I don't know if I'm gonna keep on playing. But hey at east I enjoyed several hours and it did not cost me much.

Mars was hard for me too, I had to grind a bit. It gets considerably less grindy afterwards.

hawk2025

I started playing Demon Gaze too. I was having fun until the first boss. I must be really under leveled. The game seems ok, but between DRPG not being my cup of tea and what seems a grindy design I don't know if I'm gonna keep on playing. But hey at east I enjoyed several hours and it did not cost me much.

Exactly where I stopped.

Was crushed by the boss, went to the second area instead, was crushed by the (first) iteration of the boss there.

I guess I should grind a bit, but I'm still not... quite sure how I should go about it because i'm afraid of allocating points incorrectly.

antibolo

Banned
Exactly where I stopped.

Was crushed by the boss, went to the second area instead, was crushed by the (first) iteration of the boss there.

I guess I should grind a bit, but I'm still not... quite sure how I should go about it because i'm afraid of allocating points incorrectly.

You sound exactly like me a few months ago.

Mars is really just a rough first step. Don't let yourself get depressed by people who will say that she's easy.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mars is easy.

(Interestingly enough I decided to play DG last night.)

Beat the first two demons no problem, even turned the difficulty all the way up when that became available.

Spend all of your money besides enough to pay rent on various 150g gems, hit the circles you've cleared. Sell any equipment that's not an upgrade, get a third party member, clown mars, go to the next map, repeat if you want a fourth member, clown chronos with Mars.

Mars is easy.

Beat the first two demons no problem, even turned the difficulty all the way up when that became available.

Spend all of your money besides enough to pay rent on various 150g gems, hit the circles you've cleared. Sell any equipment that's not an upgrade, get a third party member, clown mars, go to the next map, repeat if you want a fourth member, clown chronos with Mars.

Yeah I've been playing on "Hot" the whole time and I don't think anything was particularly difficult. The difficulty just depends on your playstyle and if you make sure to explore, optimize your party and use the available systems it's not bad. I never did anything that I would consider grinding, I just played around with the systems the game offers. If you just progress straight from boss to boss I can see how you might have problems though.

antibolo

Banned
Yeah I knew someone would post something like this immediately. Typical GAF.

It's so encouraging to be told that something you have trouble with is easy and no problem. Definitely helps a lot and totally makes one not feel miserable at all.

maouvin

Anyone got some quick tips for beating
Skull Lord
in Demon Gaze? Tried once last night and got a bit wrecked.

The
undying thing
? After a rather messy first try where he killed both my demons in 1 turn each and captured my pally, I went back and enraged Mars, blasted her AoE a few times, and had my non-abducted pally tanking like a champ and bam. The others just did their stuff and stayed alive (healer was abducted though).

I had written something more detailed, but internet derped when I submitted and I lost it~

edit: and about Mars, got blasted when I had just two party members, but with three things worked out. That google doc and GAF advice surely helped getting well prepared.

Ohnonono

Yeah I knew someone would post something like this immediately. Typical GAF.

It's so encouraging to be told that something you have trouble with is easy and no problem. Definitely helps a lot and totally makes one not feel miserable at all.

The answer for the beginning of Demon Gaze is really to just get your party filled out by spamming nameless gems in the circles you have already found. If you have 4 people Mars will not be an issue at all. To be fair the game does not really let you know how much it will help.

antibolo

Banned
I had to get a fourth member and get equipment from the second area before I could even do something against Mars. And even then I barely won. I call bullshit on "clowning" her with only 3 party members at hardest difficulty.

I hate this game so much.

Fuck video games.

I had to get a fourth member and get equipment from the second area before I could even do something against Mars. And even then I barely won. I call bullshit on "clowning" her with only 3 party members at hardest difficulty.

I hate this game so much.

Fuck video games.

Maybe it's time to break out a game that isn't causing you misery, eh?

antibolo

Banned
Maybe it's time to break out a game that isn't causing you misery, eh?

I can't. I actually haven't played a video game in almost two months. Video games used to be what kept me sane, my security blanket, but GAF has ruined video games for me, they just make me feel like a worthless, incompetent idiot now. I still visit this thread and a few others every once in a while out of habit and because I still want to be friends with everyone, but I guess I should stop.

Fuck Project Diva F, fuck Demon Gaze, fuck Bloodborne. Fuck everything.

I'm out.

Producer

Mars is easy.

This is more or less what i did lol. Game is too easy doing this.

I can't. I actually haven't played a video game in almost two months. Video games used to be what kept me sane, my security blanket, but GAF has ruined video games for me, they just make me feel like a worthless, incompetent idiot now. I still visit this thread and a few others every once in a while out of habit and because I still want to be friends with everyone, but I guess I should stop.

I'm out.
Why not play a game that isn't difficult, or a game that you can set on easy? Maybe what you need is a break but personally I find myself playing a lot on easy difficulties when I can simply because of how easily I move on to other things.

I realized that I'd spend time being stuck, or simply give up because the game required more effort that I wanted to put into it and would simply leave the game unfinished. I stopped imposing silly rules that I always made when playing games that no one but me gives a shit about, such as only play on Hard or Normal, or "never die in a level", or whatever. Ever since then I have been much happier. ALSO, another silly rule of mine was to always play a videogame every night, either out of fear of giving up the game, or simply giving up on gaming.

Ever since I expanded my horizons I have again found much more happiness on a personal, and also social level (I don't spend all of my friday nights on games anymore lol).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The
undying thing
? After a rather messy first try where he killed both my demons in 1 turn each and captured my pally, I went back and enraged Mars, blasted her AoE a few times, and had my non-abducted pally tanking like a champ and bam. The others just did their stuff and stayed alive (healer was abducted though).

I had written something more detailed, but internet derped when I submitted and I lost it~

edit: and about Mars, got blasted when I had just two party members, but with three things worked out. That google doc and GAF advice surely helped getting well prepared.

Yeah, I went back and beat it pretty easily on my second try. Used pretty much that same exact strategy. I like that so far the answer to all of my "stuck on a boss" problems has been "Fuck it, just enrage Mars and win". :lol

Little bit pissed off that he killed my back row and I didn't have any revives, though. This makes two boss fights in a row that ended with my Ranger dead. She's so far behind on XP now, dammit. And it doesn't help that she was the last character I made, either. Gah.

That said, the castle is starting to get to me a bit, with how big it is and how much of a hassle going anywhere beyond the first floor is. Think I'm gonna take another break and go back to Soul Sac Delta for a while.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I can't download anything from my Library. It just hangs after selecting the game. PSN still sucking?

fixed with reboot

FireCloud

Yeah, I thought I was doing pretty good in DG until the first boss. Mars made quick work of my paladin and me. Haven't been back to it since. I will but after Bloodborne.

So far I've spent around 7-8hours for Demons gaze before I realized that I've been playing it wrong. A paladin and the gazer with high STR, Selling artifacts? Yup, that's me!

Time to make a new game T_T On the bright side atleast I now know the mechanics of the game and how it basically works.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

I'm out.

Don't take everything so seriously man.

maouvin

I'm out.

Come on man, don't stress over it. It may be hard not too, but still.

Check that google doc S.Cain linked, it has a tab with good tips for early game (mainly: grab an healing staff to heal yourself, it has unlimited uses and doesn't need to be equipped; buy nameless gems, use them x3 in portals you already cleared to get loot, sell the loot, rinse and repeat until you can rent another room and get a new character). The game can be pretty brutal if you jump in blindly, so no harm on getting some tips.

That said, the castle is starting to get to me a bit, with how big it is and how much of a hassle going anywhere beyond the first floor is. Think I'm gonna take another break and go back to Soul Sac Delta for a while.

Not only it's huge, it has those wolves who love to insta-kill people. So much fun.
Well, 2 circles left, and will definitely use a map to find those.

wilflare

yeap SAO:Lost Song is out here in Asia/Singapore
if any of you can't wait to play it or have no faith in a physical release in NA/EU (or don't wanna deal with Play-Asia), I can help you get one and mail it over.

School is out! so I'll be a lot quicker!

RK128

if any of you can't wait to play it or have no faith in a physical release in NA/EU (or don't wanna deal with Play-Asia), I can help you get one and mail it over.

Congrats on no school man :D! My semester's last day is officially tomorrow and it feels amazing :'). One more paper to write and one more revision to complete for my Creative Writing class and I am DONE for the semester XD!

Gaming nirvana coming soon man :). Going to really dive into my Vita backlog over the summer and try to beat a few games (Shovel Knight, LBP Vita, MMX4, MMX5, MGS and Silent Hill are my first set of games to tackle).

cyborg009

Banned
This game looks amazing I need it.
Ray-Gigant_Dengeki-shot_05-18-15_004.jpg

RK128

This game looks amazing I need it.

I really like how the character are present with what I assume to be 2D animations; it makes the scene look like a dynamic painting or something :).

Despite not playing a lot of Demon Gaze, I think it is a good game and I hope EXP's other titles come to the west; if Demon Gaze did so well here and Operation Abyss does well, then there is hope for this to come over :).

cyborg009

Banned
We all do. First things first, everyone should get Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy next month and show that there is still enough interest for EXP games in the west.

I've barely any games these past few months. The last game I played was Hotline Miami 2 and I didn't even finish that.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

First thing..

how is the translation this time round.

Zephyx

I'm liking Freedom Wars for what it is but I don't have any idea what to do with the weapons and such. I've been upgrading and modifying them but I'm not sure they're actually getting stronger. It's a bit confusing. Still, I'm hoping it would scratch that GE2 itch I'm having recently until such time that another big game (Stein's Gate for me or DR whenever that is) is out or GE2 is eventually localized.

By the way, question for Oreshika players, what stats should I aim for before I enter the final dungeon? I'm planning to finish the main story of Oreshika once story mode of FW is done.

Vylash

so I shouldn't bother with these special missions on freedom wars now, right? some of these things take 5000 years off of my sentence so they must be ridiculously hard

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
First 14 mins of Lost Dimension

20 mins gameplay of Lost Dimension with John Hardin

What is this, out of nowhere IGN gives a shit about the Vita?! What is going on?!
Maybe i'll look at them later, but i already know i'll buy it, the japanese demo sold me on it.

So Danganronpa is my first Visual Novel game and I really like it.
Good :)

Personally i don't consider DR a visual novel because it has lots of gameplay, a game with lots of dialogues is not automatically a visual novel imo, otherwise Sherlock Holmes crimes and punishements would be a visual novel too.

Kudo

Demon Gaze: Just got the
Kings Ring and the boss fight in the mirror
, any tips? My party is 12-15 level and consists of Gazer, Fighter, Samurai, Wizard and Healer. Boss blasts Wizard or Healer usually in one hit, I probably should farm few levels, where is good spot?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Demon Gaze: Just got the
Kings Ring and the boss fight in the mirror
, any tips? My party is 12-15 level and consists of Gazer, Fighter, Samurai, Wizard and Healer. Boss blasts Wizard or Healer usually in one hit, I probably should farm few levels, where is good spot?

Level up your Gazer to 16, get Demon Rage, call out Mars, enrage her, win. Also, go into the battle with your party in the opposite of the formation that you want them in. Play defensively until the boss reverses your formation (which hopefully won't be more than 2-3 turns in, but sometimes you're at the mercy of RNG), and you won't have to worry about that happening again for the rest of the battle. The thing about this fight is that you really can't afford to play defensively. The boss has far, far more HP than you're used to at this point, and she heals as well. You've got to have a pretty good damage output to make any real progress against her. That's where enraged Mars really helps.

Also you really don't need a Wizard and a Healer. I'm not endgame yet, but the general consensus from what I've read is that Wizard gets to be pretty useless once you hit endgame. I know it's a pain, but if you can, maybe dump one for a Paladin you can put in the front row to use Devotion. A good defensive tank helps a lot in this game.

Kudo

Level up your Gazer to 16, get Demon Rage, call out Mars, enrage her, win. Also, go into the battle with your party in the opposite formation that you want them. Play defensively until the boss reverses your formation (which hopefully won't be more than 2-3 turns in, but sometimes you're at the mercy of RNG), and you won't have to worry about that happening again for the rest of the battle. The thing about this fight is that you really can't afford to play defensively. The boss has far, far more HP than you're used to at this point, and she heals as well. You've got to have a pretty good damage output to make any real progress against her. That's where enraged Mars really helps.

Also you really don't need a Wizard and a Healer. I'm not endgame yet, but the general consensus from what I've read is that Wizard gets to be pretty useless once you hit endgame. I know it's a pain, but if you can, maybe dump one for a Paladin you can put in the front row to use Devotion. A good defensive tank helps a lot in this game.

Alright, I'll try switching Wizard to Paladin. I kind of noticed that I never casted much spells with the Wizard so Paladin might be wiser choice.
Thanks for the tips!

antibolo

Banned
Why not play a game that isn't difficult, or a game that you can set on easy? Maybe what you need is a break but personally I find myself playing a lot on easy difficulties when I can simply because of how easily I move on to other things.

I realized that I'd spend time being stuck, or simply give up because the game required more effort that I wanted to put into it and would simply leave the game unfinished. I stopped imposing silly rules that I always made when playing games that no one but me gives a shit about, such as only play on Hard or Normal, or "never die in a level", or whatever. Ever since then I have been much happier. ALSO, another silly rule of mine was to always play a videogame every night, either out of fear of giving up the game, or simply giving up on gaming.

Ever since I expanded my horizons I have again found much more happiness on a personal, and also social level (I don't spend all of my friday nights on games anymore lol).

Thanks for the advice, but I just can't enjoy video games anymore. It started with my obsession over getting better at Project Diva in January and then that toxic mentality contaminated everything else. I always feel inadequate, and lowering the difficulty will only make me feel worse. In Demon Gaze I didn't even have any more trouble after Mars but it still makes me feel like shit. I get self-conscious about every single thing and it is driving me insane. I had no choice but to just give up completely.

Anyway, good bye everyone.

Greddleok

Thanks for the advice, but I just can't enjoy video games anymore. It started with my obsession over getting better at Project Diva in January and then that toxic mentality contaminated everything else. I always feel inadequate, and lowering the difficulty will only make me feel worse. In Demon Gaze I didn't even have any more trouble after Mars but it still makes me feel like shit. I get self-conscious about every single thing and it is driving me insane. I had no choice but to just give up completely.

Why do you care if you're better or worse at a video game than someone else? That's a really strange thing to be upset about.

Why do you care if you're better or worse at a video game than someone else? That's a really strange thing to be upset about.

It's obviously a personal issue, let's not rag on the guy and make him feel worse. There's few things worse to lose than perspective, and I think a break is a timely choice judging by his posts. Sorry, not criticizing you, just think it's best we just wish antibolo the best and leave him be.

SerTapTap

So Danganronpa is my first Visual Novel game and I really like it.

Glad you're enjoying it, really loved the first two games, can't wait for that action game spinoff

Nice, glad I never bothered with the 3DS version.

I think I brought that up before, but it's a pretty decent game especially if it's ~$4 like the JP release. It's not the world's best Mega Man game but it's fun enough for a few bucks and the gradius style upgrade system is interesting.

Ventara

By the way, question for Oreshika players, what stats should I aim for before I enter the final dungeon? I'm planning to finish the main story of Oreshika once story mode of FW is done.

Feeling lazy, so I'm just gonna quote myself from the OT.

Tips for people heading to the last fight. Make sure to have all your fighters have at least 600 HP/Defence (more is better), Masking Mist, Healing Brilliance/Radiance, medium/large group heal (forgot the name), Cure All, and a strong 4-man magic attack. Bring all your revives, too, and your best Technique and Health replenishing potions.

I think stopping with video games (at least for now) is the right call. Focus on getting yourself better. I hope you overcome what you're going through. Good luck!

It's obviously a personal issue, let's not rag on the guy and make him feel worse. There's few things worse to lose than perspective, and I think a break is a timely choice judging by his posts. Sorry, not criticizing you, just think it's best we just wish antibolo the best and leave him be.
Yup I remember him having a rough time because of games. When something that is supposed to be a distraction is destroying you, you are better off leaving it. That's how I left Destiny, even the new expansion won't get me to go back. I had fun, but damn if it wasn't screwing me up. When the time is right, if it's ever to happen, antibolo will go back to gaming. We hope not to lose you though (I see you on AnimeGAF, but don't leave VitaGAF!)

Tizoc

All things considered...I gave up on Demon Gaze, it felt rather repetitive for me as a DRPG, and the character designs and story didn't help in keeping my interest either.
I did put 16 hours into it though and for $15, I got my money's worth I guess.

Would I go back and finish it? Maybe someday, but until that ever happens, I dunno if I could recommend it.

If anything I'd recommend Brandish if you one isn't looking necessarily for a Turn based DRPG.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I will gladly double dip! Loved this game on the 3DS and it was even among my top 10 GotY 2014 list.

I'd much rather they wait for 2 to be released then bundle 1+2 for Vita release.

SerTapTap

All things considered...I gave up on Demon Gaze, it felt rather repetitive for me as a DRPG, and the character designs and story didn't help in keeping my interest either.
I'd much rather they wait for 2 to be released then bundle 1+2 for Vita release.

I forgot I bought Demon Gaze. I have Operation Abyss coming when it's out too...I should probably stop buying long games from series I'm not invested in (but I probably won't)

They're making a Dark Witch 2? Had no idea this was (relatively) successful, got it by surprise in that eShop sale last christmas-ish time.

Top Bottom