• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

deadfolk

I wonder. Of course everyone is different, but I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you didn't touch the Vita until Operation Abyss came. I've had lots of folks come to me and tell me that I was right about Xenoblade being amazing on the n3DS so I'm not lying when I say the game is great and keeps you wanting to play more.

And I'm one of those folks. Amazing game...it's all I want to play right now, but I haven't had much time so far.

Which of the PS+ games are worth getting ? Last three months I couldn't pick anything (this year I only picked up Prototype 2 so far) so I was hoping there would be something decent this month. So far I am thinking about Guacamelee and Unfinished Swan. Any other recommendations ?

If you have PS+, why wouldn't you get them all? It doesn't cost you any extra and you don't even have to download them. Just go into the web store and 'purchase' them all for free. That way they are tied to your account and you can download them at any time, as long as you still have PS+. You should do this every month, for every game - even for consoles you don't own. Just in case.

VLiberty

Yesterday, after finishing Darksiders (great game, I'll get 2 as soon as I get a PS4) I was thinking about what playing next and I was torn between Deus Ex HR and Just Cause 2.

I don't how, but I ended up starting Mini Ninjas. So far(just cleared the second level) it's not what I was expecting. It's definitely not a platformer, it's a very very linear action adventure. You can pick up a lot of shit(various kind of flowers; you can also fish) but as of now you can't use those things. It's rather monotonous, I hope it gets better...

Rizzi

I bought Soul Sacrifice Delta because it's on sale for less than $5.
And I also bought Jeanne d'Arc because the world managed to keep the secret of a Level-5 RPG on the PSP from me.

And I also bought Jeanne d'Arc because the world managed to keep the secret of a Level-5 RPG on the PSP from me.

My man. One of the hidden gems of the PSP. Aside from Tactics Ogre, that's the only SRPG that i've finished on it. Shame the recent Level-5 won't do stuff like that anymore now, based on their recent activities.

bobohoro

I'm planning on hopefully getting one come June or July >_<

A job or another console? :O

Just started it yesterday and really like it thus far although I have no idea how to deal with all those bullets and bullet creation.

Consider looking up some guide/FAQ online later on. It is a very handy and fun tool, but it can get frustrating to figure everything out on your own and may really slow you down in higher leveled quests.

mcz117chief

If you have PS+, why wouldn't you get them all? It doesn't cost you any extra and you don't even have to download them. Just go into the web store and 'purchase' them all for free. That way they are tied to your account and you can download them at any time, as long as you still have PS+. You should do this every month, for every game - even for consoles you don't own. Just in case.

But I really have no interested in those games, just because they are free doesn't mean I have to get them.

Just started it yesterday and really like it thus far although I have no idea how to deal with all those bullets and bullet creation.
Personally the way I did it was not taking it too seriously and just going wild, eventually you will just get it. That's the beauty of the system, there are people that take advantage of it to create bullets for crazy damage and stats, but you don't need to do it to see the game to its end. Just play with it! I remember creating this huge ball of destruction once that reminded me of a black hole lol. I would fire it, but it would stay in the same spot orbiting for about 20 secs. It was close ranged, but anything that got stuck in it would be damaged pretty badly lol.

Tizoc

A job or another console? :O

Consider looking up some guide/FAQ online later on. It is a very handy and fun tool, but it can get frustrating to figure everything out on your own and may really slow you down in higher leveled quests.

Get an N3DS I mean, an N3DS XL.

Yesterday, after finishing Darksiders (great game, I'll get 2 as soon as I get a PS4) I was thinking about what playing next and I was torn between Deus Ex HR and Just Cause 2.

I don't how, but I ended up starting Mini Ninjas. So far(just cleared the second level) it's not what I was expecting. It's definitely not a platformer, it's a very very linear action adventure. You can pick up a lot of shit(various kind of flowers; you can also fish) but as of now you can't use those things. It's rather monotonous, I hope it gets better...

Darksiders 2 is OK but has much that really should have been removed, namely way too much open space. Good combat though.

Skii

Does anyone know if there's a way to not delete saved data when deleting a downloaded game on your PS Vita?

Reason being is that I have an 8GB memory card for my US account and it's almost full. I need to delete P3P when I'm finished but I don't want to lose the saved data. I can't back it up on the cloud as I don't have PS+ for my US account.

Massa

Does anyone know if there's a way to not delete saved data when deleting a downloaded game on your PS Vita?

Reason being is that I have an 8GB memory card for my US account and it's almost full. I need to delete P3P when I'm finished but I don't want to lose the saved data. I can't back it up on the cloud as I don't have PS+ for my US account.

You have to copy the entire game to a PC or PS3.

If there are any PlayStation TV owners in here, I could use some help filling out my compatibility list for North America and Europe;

http://thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/the-playstation-tv-psvita-game-compatibility-thread.2442/

I know I've got to be missing a few, and there's also a list a few posts down of what needs checking for verification either way. Would appreciate the help as it's a great resource for PlayStation TV owners to have access to (and the other lists out there SUCK).

VLiberty

DS2 is getting a ps4 version and the idea of a (console) 60fps Edition with all the dlcs intrigues me.

Get an N3DS I mean, an N3DS XL.

Darksiders 2 is OK but has much that really should have been removed, namely way too much open space. Good combat though.
Yeah I've heard some friends complaining about it being way too big, but I really liked the first game and I'm still quite hyped for the sequel.

Mini Ninjas is getting better. I think I'm underestimating its gameplay possibilities, perhaps I should've started it at hard. I'll try to take different approaches(since the game allows me to do so)in the next levels.

It's definitely a Wii upport, looks worse than some ps2 HD remasters. Not a problem for me though as I love how gen6 games look.

RK128

Finally beat MGR Revengance and man....was the final boss amazing :'). After learning I could run away from rocks instead of using Blade mode on them thanks to you guys, I beat the final boss and am finished with the game :D. One heck of a ride it was and I am really happy I finally gave it a shot.

Can't wait to try out the LBP Vita, Freedom Wars, SSD and Street Fighter PSP latter today; the first three are games I always wanted but never got around to buying.

PSP and PS1 games store their save data separately from the game itself, so you can delete the game safely. It's only native Vita games that need you to back up the entire game.

Skii

So if I delete a game on the Vita it deletes the saved game?

On the PS4 it keeps the saved files.

Yeah, it seems like it for Vita games. On PS3 and PS4, saved data isn't tied to the game itself. You can always delete and redownload without losing the save.

PSP and PS1 games store their save data separately from the game itself, so you can delete the game safely. It's only native Vita games that need you to back up the entire game.

Only for Vita titles. PSP titles will still have the save file even if you delete the game.

Okay, so I can delete P3P in peace. Still ridiculous that your Vita save is tied to the download itself.

Benedict

Or use PS+ cloud save.

Have PSN been down long?
I can't get in to the store and check out the flash sale...

kevin1025

Banned
The Mass Effect Trilogy Remake for PS4, is that still a rumour or confirmed?

Still a rumor, but a Bioware dude said some time ago (November last year I believe) that they are considering it, and also a French sale site had it up for a short period of time. We might hear about it at E3, but for now still a rumor!

If you're wondering if you should bite on the flash sale deal, I'd say go for it, you're only losing out on $4.80 if it's releasing on PS4!

aember

Anyone else getting slow download speeds right now?

Just bought Helldivers, it downloaded fairly quick (went ~2mb/s), but the update is going at about 140ish kb/s.

autoduelist

I see the Vita save thing as just another form of ludicrous, nonsensical Vita-based extortion benefit of PS+

I always figured it was a way to secure trophies, preventing some potential hack to use downloaded saves to get trophies and ruining the trophy system for people that care about them.

Also, probably just general hack prevention since save files are often 'ins' to exploits.

VLiberty

By the way guys, I don't know if it works with every game, but you should be able to copy the game+save on PC, delete the game folder while leaving the savedata folder, and copy it back on the system after.

Sondar

sorry for the delay everyone! school is still crazy. those who requested me to help them get the physical copies of various games, I have mailed them all out over the past few days - check your PM if you haven't!

I have to say that this man is a star. He got Oreshika Limited Edition for me & he's now helped me for a second time getting me two more games. Cheers my good man! :)

autoduelist

Valhalla Knights 3 is a grindy, clunky, ugly, nonsensical mess of odd game design decisions.

And I'm loving it anyway. Something about it is fun and addictive.

VLiberty

Oh shit I found a guy who's selling 3D Dot Game Heroes for 5&#8364;(game is rather rare in my country)ina BST thread on a local forum. Unfortunately he hasn't logged in for 10 days :/

I remember it was a quite praised Zelda clone, my PS3 needs this

(^ and that's how my PS3 backlog gets constantly bigger instead of shrinking. Today I bought R&C Nexus as well)

Shizuka

I have to say that this man is a star. He got Oreshika Limited Edition for me & he's now helped me for a second time getting me two more games. Cheers my good man! :)

I still have my plans of contacting you, Galdius, Ninjamix and dallow to get pictures of our ridiculous Vita collections (yours being much bigger than mine).

Tizoc

You guys
and gals
MAD MAX FURY ROAD
Fucking awesome

Go watch it already

Can't wait for the game that's releasing in a few months, beating the shit out of assholes as Max is gonna be so gooooooooooooooooood.

ryseing

You guys
and gals
MAD MAX FURY ROAD
Fucking awesome

Go watch it already

Can't wait for the game that's releasing in a few months, beating the shit out of assholes as Max is gonna be so gooooooooooooooooood.

I enjoyed it but it was overhyped as hell. There were people in the spoiler thread seriously saying it deserved a Best Picture nomination.

Like, what. No. Decent action movie but not this landmark of cinema certain people are claiming it to be, and certainly not worth a 99 or whatever it is on Rotten Tomatoes.

Looking forward to the game. Avalanche is going to be taking all my time this fall between Mad Max and JC3.

Top Bottom