• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Producer

Since we are being honest and all, I gotta say as of late, XSeed's games have been like this for me. Fun, never end up beating them, and I always regret spending the money on them... Most recent example is Brandish.

brandish is so addicting though, getting 100% on all floors is a good feeling.

buy Ar nosurge

Since we are being honest and all, I gotta say as of late, XSeed's games have been like this for me. Fun, never end up beating them, and I always regret spending the money on them... Most recent example is Brandish.

What is your problem with Brandish? I feel it delivers exactly on what it promises and is long enough where $20 is a perfectly fair pricepoint.

Prodigal

Banned
I recently sold my Ps3 but I'm planning to buy back one in the future. Will I still be able to activate it under the same name and whatnot? I know there's some kind of activation limit on their devices and I actually tried to deactivate my Ps3 online (I think it worked).

SerTapTap

What have I done. I got Dangan Ronpa digital and I want 2 physical. Feels wrong but seems silly to buy 1 over again for a box especially at it's price. Life would be easier as one of those "digital/physical only" extremists

I just want to wait and see if this will be limited to Vita games or if they'll be porting Omega Quintet and other PS4/PS3 games besides Fairy Fencer F.

At this point it'd be weird if they didn't, PS4 games must be far easier to port to PC than Vita. Will definitely hold off on *w* quintent at first as it seems unlikely to have any swag capable of tempting me (as I dont' know the characters and at least visually they're pretty eh).

It's also kind of weird to do PC but no PS4 for similar reasons since most of their fans are currently Playstation. They seem fairly busy as it is though considering they sort of popped out of nowhere as far as handling localizations themselves

I recently sold my Ps3 but I'm planning to buy back one in the future. Will I still be able to activate it under the same name and whatnot? I know there's some kind of activation limit on their devices and I actually tried to deactivate my Ps3 online (I think it worked).

You can just remotely deactivate all devices (you can do it now) and just sign in with your ID. Just make sure you don't forget it. You can even keep claiming PS+ purchases if you're still using another PS console and have PS+

What is your problem with Brandish? I feel it delivers exactly on what it promises and is long enough where $20 is a perfectly fair pricepoint.

I never said it didn't so I can totally understand others liking it. I found it way too slow movement wise, clunky. It lost my interest quick

batrush

What have I done. I got Dangan Ronpa digital and I want 2 physical. Feels wrong but seems silly to buy 1 over again for a box especially at it's price. Life would be easier as one of those "digital/physical only" extremists

Had the same conflict and just decided to splurge on the second copy. The quality of the games easily justifies the double-dip.

pariah164

this please
Praying for the Vita port in NA.

It'll never happen.

PS+ games and Suikoden, good day!

Undecided whether or not to get that game.
108278-Starsky-and-Hutch-do-it-gif-Im-R7GF.gif

bobawesome

Ufotable is my favourite anime studio actually, which is why I am so excited (plus I absolutely love GEs world), mind if I ask what is yours?

I'd have to give the top spot to Shaft because I'm a Madoka and Monogatari fanboy. Madhouse is a very close third but Ufotable's work on Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works has been unreal. Don't even get me started on Kara no Kyoukai.

Yes, assuming you still remember your account details. Even with the limit you shouldn't have a problem.

autoduelist

i dont know the guy that it was suggesting, but when it created the auto friend request text it used my full real name.

i have all the options off for using my real name anywhere in privacy.

thanks sony.

I can't swear to your specific situation, but I will note that it often shows -you- your real name, but doesn't show anyone who doesn't have privileges your name. Are you sure he saw your real name? Because I've never experienced that - it's always been good about my settings (Though I wish it just used my ps4 name for me, too, I don't need my name on my screen).

I'd have to give the top spot to Shaft because I'm a Madoka and Monogatari fanboy. Madhouse is a very close third but Ufotable's work on Fate/Zero and Unlimited Blade Works has been unreal. Don't even get me started on Kara no Kyoukai.

Shaft of course! Also yes and I'm loving Madhouse's Death Parade this season. I think me and you have similar tastes in anime aha.

Maid

Banned
People are angry that a port of a 6 month old game is cheaper than the original release. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ain't those indie games on Vita has higher price than their steam version that was released long time ago?

Shaft of course! Also yes and I'm loving Madhouse's Death Parade this season. I think me and you have similar tastes in anime aha.

I may be the only one in this, but I'm not fond of Shaft since they are always late to their deadline. Let's not forget about the slide show with nothing but background and characters' voice back in Bakemonogatari, or Zetsubou sensei and unless you want to get a proper version, buy their blu-ray. That was both hilarious and salty moment when I watched that Nadeko episode live with others. I also don't like Urobuchi's writing either.

I'm 100% sure we're getting the Ar nosurge Plus later this year in the West, we're just not getting a retail print is all.

I'm starting to regret getting the PS3 version, since my PS3 just decided it's a good time to die the day I received my copy of Ar nosurge. Now I still haven't opened the game yet.

antibolo

Banned

Don't feel bad, I did this exact thing lol. Got the first one on digital because I prefer digital for convenience of having my whole library at hand, but for the sequel I figured I would plow through the game immediately so I got a retail copy so it won't waste space on my memory card.

SerTapTap

Had the same conflict and just decided to splurge on the second copy. The quality of the games easily justifies the double-dip.

Well I did double dip on Ghost Trick...but in that case I was saving myself from mobile, plus it was cheaper. I think I'll just get 2 physical for now and worry about the first's physicality later

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I decided digital only for Vita but have double dipped on other consoles when digital became cheap enough to replace physical. Mainly 3DS but a bit of Wii U/PC/PS3.

I'm actually buying a rare physical copy of a 3DS game soon. Amazon had MH4U for super cheap and I got in on a second wave of New 3DS XL MH4U edition so it won't ship for a week or two after. Going to play the physical copy, do the save transfer when I get the new system, then gift the physical copy to a friend.

Oh, I guess I've also double dipped on some PS1 classics and replaced a great deal of my UMD library.

That reminds me, I can't download the FF7 costumes in my LBP3 PS4, it just says unavailable. Are you talking about issues like that? I'd love to have that fixed eventually but haven't looked much into it so far. Is there a thread where people are currently talking about this?

Yeah, FFVII is one of them. For creators with a lot of DLC use over the years, it means they're locked out of their older stuff in create mode... which means old work-in-progress assets are irretrievable and published LBP2 stuff that breaks when played in LBP3 can't be fixed on PS4.

That and some stuff that has been made available, is asking for money, even though it's already owned. ie: Monster Kit, Mass Effect 3 costumes etc

To be fair, I've never once asked @AskPlayStation a question and got an answer that was helpful. It's simply expected that they answer with nonsense that doesn't work at this point.

I might've gotten one once, but can't remember what. It's more just a dogpile, squeaky wheel tactic we're trying 'cause I'm almost certain it's just the store team sitting on various authorize buttons. Sumo and CM team will just say "soon" when forced to, and soon was supposed to be Dec 18th.

During the christmas ddos attack AskPlaystation apologized to me on twitter out of nowhere, and I never asked them anything about it or complained to them about PSN being down. It was kinda funny. I was like "damn, I really must complain on twitter a lot"

JJP12

How's Kick and Fennick? Trailers look pretty hot.

Went to try it out earlier and ended up playing for 2 hours straight. I'm not the biggest platforming fan but I'd say it's pretty damn fun. You navigate the levels by Firing a giant gun and using the recoil to launch yourself around. Time also slows when you're aiming so you can get really precise jumps. It starts off really simple but it gets pretty complicated after chapter 1. I'm definitely having a blast with it and I sort of feel guilty that I'm playing it free with plus. But yeah everyone should check this game out

bobawesome

I've just about had my fill of Rogue Legacy, I think. I'm not good enough to squirrel around the enemies so I have to rely on grinding and that takes far too long at this point.

Oh, how have I not heard about this? It sounds pretty cool, I'll have to give it a shot sometime. Feel free to add me on myanimelist if you have a profile.

maouvin

HE FUCKING CAME BACK

Zero mutual friends now, after deleting my IRL buddy off my friends list, the fucking Player I May Know is back.

And to think Sony even raised the Players I May Know list cap from 10 to 50.
Mine's at the cap already. I just.. manage to deal with it.

Hikami

I still need to finish Demon Gaze and Ayesha Plus but man.. Rogue Legacy makes me no want to play anything else on my Vita.

Wonder if this is the right thread. Well here goes.

I've been a PC gamer for almost 20 years. Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 hooked me to the souls-like genre, and with Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive, I finally decided to buy a PS4 and The Last of Us (Remastered). I only had a small trash TV though, upgraded that too.

Wow, I can definitely see the appeal now. There was something so...relaxing about it. I still love my PC, but I think my PS4 will find a lot of use in the future. I'm even tempted to buy some multiplat "better played with a controller" -games (as opposed to KB+mouse) on PS4 rather than PC.

Setting up PSN connection was a real pain though. First, it required a software update. But error happened on server! Can't update! I had to look up safe mode, download update to USB hard drive, install it from there. Install success, console restart...and PSN still doesn't connect, same error. Eventually I figured out that all I had to do was restart my router.

*facepalm*

I still can't connect to PS store though. It ends up in a forever "Please wait" -loop. Is this normal? I had a couple of those during PSN setup, but repeating the steps eventually solved the issue.

autoduelist

I still can't connect to PS store though. It ends up in a forever "Please wait" -loop. Is this normal? I had a couple of those during PSN setup, but repeating the steps eventually solved the issue.

Welcome to ps4 land. I too prefer to buy anything on PC/PS4 on my PS4... it's really nice that things just work, and I appreciate that when my time to game isn't what it once was.

Anyway, that's not normal. I don't think my PS4 has ever failed to connect to the store.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Welcome to ps4 land. I too prefer to buy anything on PC/PS4 on my PS4... it's really nice that things just work, and I appreciate that when my time to game isn't what it once was.

Anyway, that's not normal. I don't think my PS4 has ever failed to connect to the store.

The way I see it, when games don't perform well on the pc, it's my fault cut I don't have the latest graphics card.

On the ps4 it is the developers fault. And I prefer it that way.

Steroyd

Did Sony hide the PS1/PS2 sections on PS3 store and website? Because I can only find a PS1 section on the Vita and that's it.

Never knew Vib Ribbon released on the store till I popped my head in the Suikoden thread, now I want to check the PS2 games in case I missed other gems, but can't find it anynore. :(

bobohoro

How's Kick and Fennick? Trailers look pretty hot.

Solid, but I feel it's nothing too special. Worth a try nonetheless. But I only am at Ch2, so I don't know if it gets totally awesome later on.

Shaft has great source material, but the stills, weird camera shifts and texty cut-ins started to annoy me after some time. I still like to watch their stuff, but they are nowhere near Ufotable.

bobawesome

Shaft has great source material, but the stills, weird camera shifts and texty cut-ins started to annoy me after some time. I still like to watch their stuff, but they are nowhere near Ufotable.

That's part of the charm and why I hold them in high regard.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Did Sony hide the PS1/PS2 sections on PS3 store and website? Because I can only find a PS1 section on the Vita and that's it.

Never knew Vib Ribbon released on the store till I popped my head in the Suikoden thread, now I want to check the PS2 games in case I missed other gems, but can't find it anynore. :(
Yes. It's fucking stupid.

bobohoro

That's part of the charm and why I hold them in high regard.

I can definitely see that, but for me, they just overuse that stuff. I like it when used with the story flow, to build the drama (like that phone call in Ef - A Tale Of Memories), but the presentation in Bakemonogatari for example just takes me out of the experience at times, especially since I have to pause to read everything. Which, arguably, is my own fault. They are still among the best for me too, and I applaud them for trying different stuff and being creative, but at times I still catch myself wishing they'd tone it down a bit.

Oh, how have I not heard about this? It sounds pretty cool, I'll have to give it a shot sometime. Feel free to add me on myanimelist if you have a profile.

Check it out man, I would say it is one of the better shows this season. Mad feels LOL, the whole concept behind the show is brilliant. And I don't have an account there, I'm just a filthy casual :p

As for the P4D news, its great that it is coming out in June. Not too interested in rhythm games, but I'll have to check it out to see how they manage to make a story that makes sense in this world. Now Atlus, gimme more P5/Phantom news :3

Top Bottom