• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Maid

Banned
...Why? Persona dubs have been perfectly fine so far.

Until I heard the original one. Finished the dub 2 times, then replay the game in JP 2 times and realize how much I love the JP voice more.

I don't think I can go back. It's also one of the reason I haven't purchased P4G yet.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That Persona 5 trailer...

http://youtu.be/oc_9r4wifFc

Holy fucking shit guys.

It looks great, but honestly i was expecting more, graphics-wise(but i guess it's unavoidable since it's also on PS3), the main character is good but for the other three i see too many similarities with Kanji, Rise and Teddie, as i said in the other thread the new persona looks like a lazy red Izanagi + hat(sorry for the quick and dirty job but you get the point)

Persona-5_Teaser-Poster_02-05.jpg

EDIT: a slightly less dirty job
unnamed.gif

Anyway here there are some screens(grabs?)
http://gematsu.com/2015/02/persona-5-debut-gameplay-trailer

Producer

Until I heard the original one. Finished the dub 2 times, then replay the game in JP 2 times and realize how much I love the JP voice more.

I don't think I can go back. It's also one of the reason I haven't purchased P4G yet.

yep, Persona 3fes and 4 Undub is the way to play them. i also have p3p undub, but can only play that on my psp. soo good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm not the biggest fan of P3/4 but there's no undub worth playing...ever. Especially not on an Atlus game where they do a great job of localizing it every time.

Some people just love hearing voices they can't understand though.

Maid

Banned
I'm not the biggest fan of P3/4 but there's no undub worth playing...ever. Especially not on an Atlus game where they do a great job of localizing it every time.

Some people just love hearing voices they can't understand though.

So what if I can understand and think it's better?

The dub always feel less emotional to me. Especially when English isn't my native language.

You have your opinion, and I have mine. I also don't demand they give it to me for free.

Producer

or it could be that some people dont like hearing japanese honorifics mixed with english dialogue all the time, shit sounds awkward.

Aegis' seiyuu is much better than her overly forced 'robotic' english voice.

Chie isnt nearly as annoying (both english voicees)

Margaret doesnt sound like she is reading straight off the script anymore.

and so on.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you can understand Japanese...then just play the Japanese version. It's not hard.

That's my point. I'm not trying to diss non native english speakers or anything of the sort, I just find undubs incredibly silly as the only people who'd need the English subtitles are those who can't speak Japanese.

Maid

Banned
If you can understand Japanese...then just play the Japanese version. It's not hard.

That's my point. I'm not trying to diss non native english speakers or anything of the sort, I just find undubs incredibly silly as the only people who'd need the English subtitles are those who can't speak Japanese.

Seem like you don't understand about learning other language. I can understand what they said. I can't read those moonrune. It's the same reason why the Japanese have the hard time learning English.

And yes, I do think the English dub is not good.

bobohoro

Of course it's full of remixes

Judging by the remixes in the trailer that is...disappointing.

Other than that, I finally sat down to play Yakuza 4 and immediately asked myself: Why haven't I played this series sooner? Watched the recaps of 1-3, and even in their shortened form they were pretty amazing, the first few fights and cutscenes of 4 already have me hooked. The animations, the facial expressions, the voice acting, everything is spot on and impressive. Loving it.

SerTapTap

Kind of amazing Persona 5 was almost PS3 only (or at least, wasn't announced for PS4)

people sure do love those awful JP voices

Depends on the game, SK has pretty good voices, I can't stand the JP Neptunia ones. Too many squeaky women, though I miss the gruff samurai-ish dude voices, like Uwe in Freedom Wars, now that's a good voice. JP games need more female VAs like Baiken.

Fighting games often have crap dubs though. GG Xrd's demo hurt.

Maid

Banned
Other than that, I finally sat down to play Yakuza 4 and immediately asked myself: Why haven't I played this series sooner? Watched the recaps of 1-3, and even in their shortened form they were pretty amazing, the first few fights and cutscenes of 4 already have me hooked. The animations, the facial expressions, the voice acting, everything is spot on and impressive. Loving it.

It's like watching a Yakuza drama, instead you're playing it, and it's great. Landing a QTE in this game feel really satisfied.

There is a reason people wish for Yakuza 5 localization since forever.

Didn't Atlus come out and say that they were aiming at bringing the game over in 2015 too? It was at PSX I believe, there was an email sent to Atlus faithfuls and everything

ok ok I'm sorry I worried everyone.

I'm still not too optimistic they'll meet their deadline though.

I remember SMT IV releasing very shortly after its release in Japan. This was because the US branch was working on the script as the game was being developed. Could very well be the case here again, I mean come on, Persona 5 is a huge deal to Atlus. I'm pretty sure they are giving this game top priority over everything.

http://www.atlus.com/persona5/

OK guys, wow. Me included. LOL very first thing you see, "2015 for PS3 and PS4". There's our confirmation ahaha.

I'm pretty sure it'll get delayed to early 2016. It will release after dancing all night in Japan so I expect October at the earliest there. For the US, I don't think they'll release it during the Holiday, it's too crowed so January or February. As for Europe maybe 2017 if we are lucky.

I'm pretty sure it'll get delayed to early 2016. It will release after dancing all night in Japan so I expect October at the earliest there. For the US, I don't think they'll release it during the Holiday, it's too crowed so January or February. As for Europe maybe 2017 if we are lucky.

They released PQ in November, so a holiday release isn't impossible

Zhao_Yun

The dub for P4G was fine imo and definitely one of the better dubs out there. It just annoyed me to listen to announcers or news presenters speaking English when talking about the incidents in Inaba since it doesn't feel natural for them to speak English instead if Japanese. Broke the immersion a bit for me tbh.

Well, there are people outside of these two categories of either understanding Japanese perfectly or not understanding any Japanese at all. My Japanese for example is probably good enough to understand half of the stuff they were saying on the Persona Live stream but it's not enough to understand a complete game. When I play an Undub version the English subtitles just help me to fill the gaps I don't understand.

That game also released the same week in EU & NA, so I'm hoping the same thing will happen with P5

That was because NISA was publishing it in EU, but since Sega will handle the publishing it might release sooner. I won't hold my breath though, at worst I will import the US version.

manfestival

so I finally got PS+ for christmas after a year of having a ps4. do your ps+ games lose access after their free month finishes or do you only lose access to them after the sub ends?

I know you wont be able to download the games for free beyond the free month

bobawesome

Just saw the P5 trailer, I am so hyped now.

I'm already nostalgic for it. What I wouldn't give to be one of those lucky people who get to watch it for the first time.

so I finally got PS+ for christmas after a year of having a ps4. do your ps+ games lose access after their free month finishes or do you only lose access to them after the sub ends?

I know you wont be able to download the games for free beyond the free month

You lose access to your Plus games when the subscription lapses but you can resubscribe and play them again. The free month should go together with the sub itself.

manfestival

You lose access to your Plus games when the subscription lapses but you can resubscribe and play them again. The free month should go together with the sub itself.

so in other words if I dl a free game month game in december, I can still play that 3 months later and have no issues with the game during my sub?

and can I redownload those previous games from the free month? I havent exactly tried and im at work right now

I think a holiday release for this game is totally feasible. My predictions are:

JAPAN:
P4DAN - June 25 (date already announced)
P5 - Sept/Oct

US (EU hopefully too?):
P4DAN - late July/Aug (I don't see this game having much to translate to be honest but we'll see!)
P5 - late Nov/Dec

autoduelist

So i just got a 'you may like' email from Amazon...

lots of ps4/ps3 games I wasn't aware of despite generally paying attention... just in case some of you are in the same boat:

Omega Quartet PS4 -- some sort of musical jrpg where you create harmonies for better damage?

Bladestorm: Nightmare PS4 -- i had no idea we were getting a new one

The Awakened Fate: Ultimatum PS3 -- i can't tell what this is. the description seems to imply it's P4G for PS3??!?! Must be in error, sounds more like it's a sequel to Guided Fate Paradox and is like ZHP...

Atelier Shallie PS3

Hyperdimension Neputunia Action Unleashed - vita

There were some other good things listed in the email like Disgaea PS4 and Operation Abyss Vita, but they're a little more discussed. Heck, maybe everyone here knew about the above, too, but I somehow missed the memo.

The way I see it, when games don't perform well on the pc, it's my fault cut I don't have the latest graphics card.

On the ps4 it is the developers fault. And I prefer it that way.

Yup. I recently started PC gaming again because I ended up with a modern laptop recently that can play new games. But I'd say, on average, it takes me 20 minutes of fuzzling each game to get it to look right on the monitor -- this includes everything from researching borderless windows, to getting black screens to display properly, to whatever. Some games just work, but others have taken me quite awhile. It's never a 'lot' of time, but that it's -any- time in 2015 boggles my mind. I put a game in my ps4 and it just works. That's one hell of a lot of value for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What's the best sale price I can expect on a 32 GB card? I'm not talking clearance here because those have been way outside the norm.

32 seems to be about perfect for my expected final line up of Vita titles. Any more and I'll start deleting.

bobawesome

so in other words if I dl a free game month game in december, I can still play that 3 months later and have no issues with the game during my sub?

and can I redownload those previous games from the free month? I havent exactly tried and im at work right now

I think I understand what you're asking now. When you said free month in your initial post I thought you meant you had an extra month of Plus on top of a year subscription. You're free to play the games for the life of the subscription but you have to make sure you download those games the month they're available. It's not retroactive, even if you had a subscription during that period.

Yes to both!

Takao

Banned
Joetsu put out a Japanese press release last night for their Vita 2K R2/L2 grip. Here are some photos:

Uses a special rubber to activate the touchpad when you press on their R2/L2 buttons.

MSRP is 3,980yen with a release set in late April.

antibolo

Banned
This thing would convince me to switch to a 2000.

I should get the Dancing All Night LE

What about L3 and R3 though??

Joetsu put out a Japanese press release last night for their Vita 2K R2/L2 grip. Here are some photos:

Uses a special rubber to activate the touchpad when you press on their R2/L2 buttons.

MSRP is 3,980yen with a release set in late April.

Oh man. This is gonna take remote playing to the next level. As soon as it is available, I'm importing this.

Tizoc

P5's English release is highly likely in 2016, heck that's when I expect it to be released.
I am as hyped as the next guy or gal for it, but I can wait~

Top Bottom