• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Shizuka

I might have to get the PS3 version of Persona 5, I'm out of job since this month and a PS4 was the next expensive item to buy with my money.

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze (Vita).
I know, again.

antibolo

Banned
GE2RB will get localized for sure. The fact that they bothered to make a PS4 port pretty much guarantees it. Absolutely nobody in Japan buys MH clones on a home console.

P5's English release is highly likely in 2016, heck that's when I expect it to be released.
I am as hyped as the next guy or gal for it, but I can wait~

Dude don't say that. It was already delayed and I don't know if I can handle another. I will trust in Atlus, and pretend that the issue with Break Record never happened.

Does anyone know if the PS4 non-accidental protection plan that you can buy on PSN covers the controllers as well?

I'm assuming it would, but you never know.

Flunkie

Banned
Ah. Ahaha. AHAHAHAHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Salty as fuck right now.
it's coming dammit
ujTX1b3.jpg

Did anyone played Alterno Blade? I was just browsing the store when I saw that it released yesterday even though I never heard of it before.

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze (Vita).
I know, again.

Weird question, but is Demon Gaze one of the better dungeon crawlers out there?

I had fun for a while with this game but I just beat Jupiter and I have no motivation to finish the game because I've gotten bored with it.

I'm wondering if this genre just isn't for me.

I had fun for a while with this game but I just beat Jupiter and I have no motivation to finish the game because I've gotten bored with it.

one of the better dungeon crawlers on vita? yes. Cross-system, without caring about how long since release? absolutely not.

antibolo

Banned
Some people hold the Etrian Odyssey games as the ultimate best current dungeon crawling RPG series, but personally I can't stand them because of the whole manual map drawing thing.

autoduelist

one of the better dungeon crawlers on vita? yes. Cross-system, without caring about how long since release? absolutely not.

NormalFish basically nailed it. I haven't played Etrian so I'll leave that out, but imo all the best DRPGs are on PC. There are some 'good' DRPGs on handheld, like Demon Gaze, but for me the single best feature of those is that they are on handhelds, which I find easier to play than my PC. I'd trade them all out in a heartbeat for the classics (m&m, wizardrys, etc.)

NormalFish basically nailed it. I haven't played Etrian so I'll leave that out, but imo all the best DRPGs are on PC. There are some 'good' DRPGs on handheld, like Demon Gaze, but for me the single best feature of those is that they are on handhelds, which I find easier to play than my PC. I'd trade them all out in a heartbeat for the classics (m&m, wizardrys, etc.)

Think as far as raw dungeon crawlers go (that are playable on vita) Brandish is probably my favourite. Etrian Odyssey is the best DRPG series on handhelds, though, I'd say.

**Thinking on this, there are likely multiplats that are better. The genre has so many low-fanfare entries that I'm sure I'm forgetting some very good ones.

Shizuka

I love Demon Gaze, but without my bias, it's a good JRPG on the Vita. Original games wise, it's among the best JRPGs.

Hey man, if Sword Art Online happened, anything can happen. Specially a game from a series that has been localized before in the West.

Everyone knows it's coming though. The PS4 version was not made for Japan

woah lol. Didnt it get trademarked in Europe? i think thats pretty much confirmation.

and i think they released a chinese trailers with english subtitles?

GE2RB will get localized for sure. The fact that they bothered to make a PS4 port pretty much guarantees it. Absolutely nobody in Japan buys MH clones on a home console.

it's coming dammit
ujTX1b3.jpg

Yeah it will, the salt is more because Miku got to play the demo, that I too could play if I was up to setting up the whole account switch in order to play it :( .

Also, I own the japanese copy of GE2, if I REAALLY wanted to play it, I could. I bought it in the Summer while I was at Fan Expo here in Toronto (I have this thing, every year I go, and every year I bring a japanese Vita game). I don't play it because I know that it will come
* NOW THROWING FUCKIN' SALT FOR GOOD LUCK*
, and I don't want to spoil anything for myself.

Producer

Yeah it will, the salt is more because Miku got to play the demo, that I too could play if I was up to setting up the whole account switch in order to play it :( .

lol its not too much of a hassle, probably about 20 minutes total. of course it helps if you got a spare memory card.

But I made sure to skip all the cutscenes and story sequences too, so i wont be spoiled. I actually really like the games story and characters.

lol its not too much of a hassle, probably about 20 minutes total. of course it helps if you got a spare memory card.

But I made sure to skip all the cutscenes and story sequences too, so i wont be spoiled. I actually really like the games story and characters.

I do too. Reason why I got excited when the anime got announced. I've said it before, but I'm a sucker for dystopian and/or cyberpunk. I just love GE's world. Also the gameplay is great.

I can swap between regions+accounts in about 2 minutes this way. :)

Producer

I do too. Reason why I got excited when the anime got announced. I've said it before, but I'm a sucker for dystopian and/or cyberpunk. I just love GE's world. Also the gameplay is great.

I spent a great deal of time reading the story/info pages on the terminal, was always excited when the pages got updated.

I never played vanilla GE2 (apart from the demo again, haha) but i am loving alot of the changes. They made every weapon and gun type feel way more unique. Expanded movesets, air dashing, reserve OP, etc. Its fantastic.

I can swap between regions+accounts in about 2 minutes this way. :)

if only that damn intro video didnt take too long lol

Top Bottom