• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Shizuka

Just told my brother to download God Eater 2 "Burst" demo on his PS4, at least I can watch the gameplay and how it works in person.

antibolo

Banned
Switching accounts still makes you lose all your system settings though, which is annoying to have to reconfigure every time.

Downloading the demo on my 2nd memory card. Followed teflon's tactic (hehe) and it certainly made it quick and painless. Gonna be doing this whenever something of interest pops up on the jp store.

wilflare

That works, but then you wouldn't be able to buy a n3DS. At least not if you own a college student's wallet, like mine. Working weekends only takes your funds so far lol.

Folders? You a filthy casual?!
Those things sure are handy.

it's a sign to get a second vita and just wait it out for a regular sized new3DS

it's a sign to get a second vita and just wait it out for a regular sized new3DS

I'd never be able to play my 3DS games on that little screen. People always complain about pixelated/blurry images on the XL, but it's not like the system has a great resolution like the Vita. I'd take a blurry but larger image over something that is so small that I have to squint my eyes to see what I am doing. Also, the smaller model gives me some serious hand cramps /:

Shizuka

This and Persona 5 are making me really happy about owning a PS4 right now.

I don't mean to be a prick, but those aren't exclusives and you could have those games on cheaper platforms. Even though I want one, there is still no compelling reason to get one if the japanese games are still multiplatform.

I don't mean to be a prick, but those aren't exclusives and you could have those games on cheaper platforms. Even though I want one, there is still no compelling reason to get one if the japanese games are still multiplatform.

I feel like there are a lot of great reasons to own a PS4. Of course this is if you play games in general, not just japanese, the PS4 has an excellent next gen library. This year is looking hot you have The Order, FF Type-0 (psp game yeah, but we never got it), Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Batman, Uncharted 4... These are all next gen only games, not counting remasters such as Dark Souls II or Borderlands, or cross-gen games like MGSV and P5.

Muahahaha, I've created an account hopper.

Yup, you have ahaha. Gonna give the demo a shot now, see if the graphics look any better than the vanilla version.

Maid

Banned
GE2RB feels pretty great, and Vita version's performance are much better than I thought.

Omega Quintet and Disgaea 5, man.

Omega Quartet PS4 -- some sort of musical jrpg where you create harmonies for better damage?

Only played through the JP demo, so I may be missing something. A warning that It's about idol stuffs, an some people are extremely allergic to such things.

Aside from the usual mechanic like element advantages, there are some interesting mechanic that reminds me of Ar tonelico series. Each character's skill has the appropriated following combo from another characters, and the chaining skills (even finisher) all have higher damage than your usual one. To do that you need your party members to act right after another without interference from the enemy, and that could be archived by 2 things. One is your girls' speed stats, since it will determine how fast your girls' turn come, and the other is Harmony command, which bring all your girls turn up depend on how high the action numbers your characters have currently. The other thing is "concert" command. Your party will perform a song of your choice depends on how high your harmony bar, and they will grant various huge bonus.

I was struggling a lot to fight against a non-boss dragon in the demo, and after many failed attempt, understanding the mechanic really make the battle much more manageable.

ZeroAKA

Those alone obviously aren't reasons to buy a PS4, but having hassle-free access to the GE2RB demo and the superior Persona 5 are just nice bonuses.

Bloodborne looks like the most promising exclusive so far. I've decided not to buy it at launch though because of my N3DS purchase.

eFKac

I don't really understand this line of thinking, maybe it makes more sense in Japan.

I mean, I assume you are going to get a PS4 sooner or later, it's just a matter of time right?
What will be the tipping point? FF15, DQ11, RE7?
Those games should all be out by 2016, how much cheaper do you expect the PS4 to be at that time, equivalent of 100$? 50$ + game?
I get that someone might have not wanted a PS4 in Japan in 2014, it had barely any releases at all, especially jp ones, but especially since now PS4 gets most of the multiplats and if you know you will get the console anyway, is it worth it to deal with inferior multiplatform releases for 2 years and skip some exclusives to save 100$? (and sometimes 10$ on a multiplatform games I assume, it happens in the West sometimes, not sure about jp pricings)
I understand if money is an issue and you'd have to sell your PS3 to afford the PS4, since there are way more last gen only games in Japan than in the West, especially with all the remasters.
Otherwise why not?

I don't really understand this line of thinking, maybe it makes more sense in Japan.

I mean, I assume you are going to get a PS4 sooner or later, it's just a matter of time right?
Those games should all be out by 2016, how much cheaper do you expect the PS4 to be at that time, equivalent of 100$? 50$ + game?
I get that someone might have not wanted a PS4 in Japan in 2014, it had barely any releases at all, especially jp ones, but if you know you will get the console anyway, is it worth it to deal with inferior multiplatform releases for 2 years and skip some exclusives to save 100$? (and sometimes 10$ on a multiplatform games I assume, it happens in the West sometimes, not sure about jp pricings)
I understand if money is an issue and you'd have to sell your PS3 to afford the PS4, since there are way more last gen only games in Japan than in the West, especially with all the remasters.
Otherwise why not?

Where are you getting this? That's a pretty damn big assumption.

eFKac

Where are you getting this? That's a pretty damn big assumption.

Well he/she (sorry not sure) says he wants one in the post before. And giving multiplatform releases as a reason not to own one yet.
Unless you assume PS4 won't ever get any exclusives...

AsfaeksBR

How is Folklore? Is it worth playing? Why isn't it on PSN?
I found one guy in my town trying to trade it, so I'll see if I can get it.

Well he/she (sorry not sure) says he wants one in the post before. And giving multiplatform releases as a reason not to own one yet.
Unless you assume PS4 won't ever get any exclusives...

My bad, I misread Shiz's post. Thought you were speaking more generally. You're good.

Maid

Banned

I get that someone might have not wanted a PS4 in Japan in 2014, it had barely any releases at all, especially jp ones, but especially since now PS4 gets most of the multiplats and if you know you will get the console anyway, is it worth it to deal with inferior multiplatform releases for 2 years and skip some exclusives to save 100$? (and sometimes 10$ on a multiplatform games I assume, it happens in the West sometimes, not sure about jp pricings)
Otherwise why not?

Why would you buy another console when every game you want to play is on the one you have right now? Especially when I can get the DS4 to run on my PS3, I didn't feel the need of having a PS4 when all the games I want are on the PS3, and I'm not the type to be bothered by the not so pretty graphic, otherwise I wouldn't bother playing Japanese games. Let me tell you so far I have exactly 2 PS4 games after 5 months. That says a lot. People can't buy a console based on promised alone. They need a reason, and currently there is no big enough reason.

Well, until my PS3 died.

How is Folklore? Is it worth playing? Why isn't it on PSN?
I found one guy in my town trying to trade it, so I'll see if I can get it.

Totally worth it. The presentation isn't great looking, but the style is absolutely stunning, and it's one of the few games use the sixasix right, imo.

GE2 Rage Burst looks goddamn nice on the Vita. Haven't touched Vanilla in a while, and it could just be me, but the graphics look a lot cleaner, specially the AA. Gameplay is fast and smooth, took a while to get the hang of it since I have been playing the demo for MH4U so much.

ZeroAKA

GE2 Rage Burst looks goddamn nice on the Vita. Haven't touched Vanilla in a while, and it could just be me, but the graphics look a lot cleaner, specially the AA. Gameplay is fast and smooth, took a while to get the hang of it since I have been playing the demo for MH4U so much.
Between Toukiden Kiwami, GE2RB (assuming it gets localized), and a bunch of 3DS games that I bought in preparation for my N3DS, I don't think I'll ever get around to buying/playing MH4U.

eFKac

Why would you buy another console when every game you want to play is on the one you have right now? Especially when I can get the DS4 to run on my PS3, I didn't feel the need of having a PS4 when all the games I want are on the PS3, and I'm not the type to be bothered by the not so pretty graphic, otherwise I wouldn't bother playing Japanese games. Let me tell you so far I have exactly 2 PS4 games after 5 months. That says a lot. People can't buy a console based on promised alone. They need a reason, and currently there is no big enough reason.

Well, until my PS3 died.

DS4 is not compatible with every game, so there is always a risk, plus a DS4 is an additional 60$ cost.
It's not only improved graphics, it's very often if not always better, more stable performance, shorter loading times, more convenient, faster UI, chance to Remote Play if you have a Vita, etc. Sure if this means nothing to you then PS4 is not for you.
How many games would you buy in the same timeframe if you had a PS3? How many games would have been PS3/4 multiplats?

Chuy

That works, but then you wouldn't be able to buy a n3DS. At least not if you own a college student's wallet, like mine. Working weekends only takes your funds so far lol.

Folders? You a filthy casual?!
Those things sure are handy.
Being pragmatic about deals and not buying games at release helps a lot to stretch money longer in my experience.

Producer

PS4 is going to be amazing in a years time, but for now there isn't a single current game i'm interested in. The PS3 is still receiving games this year and the handheld combo is great. I'll ride it out one more year i think .

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, PS4 isn't there yet for the games I want to play. If I wanted to play a multiplatform murder sim I'd just get it on PC instead.

wilflare

I'd never be able to play my 3DS games on that little screen. People always complain about pixelated/blurry images on the XL, but it's not like the system has a great resolution like the Vita. I'd take a blurry but larger image over something that is so small that I have to squint my eyes to see what I am doing. Also, the smaller model gives me some serious hand cramps /:

the regular-sized new3DS is bigger - it's the perfect balance

Muahahaha, I've created an account hopper.

ehhh explain how this works again please
what intro video

Between Toukiden Kiwami, GE2RB (assuming it gets localized), and a bunch of 3DS games that I bought in preparation for my N3DS, I don't think I'll ever get around to buying/playing MH4U.

Wish Toukiden wasn't coming out in March, that month and April are absolutely packed. I'd totally play that game, but there's other stuff that are must buys.

Being pragmatic about deals and not buying games at release helps a lot to stretch money longer in my experience.

When I had my Destiny addiction going on I managed to not buy any games for a quite a while. I just recently stopped playing, and ended up buying everything that I missed during those months. Not a very smart decision LOL.

the regular-sized new3DS is bigger - it's the perfect balance

I'd have to see it and get a feel for it to be honest. It didn't seem that much bigger than the OG in pictures although there is some difference

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I've spent less than 100 bucks on Vita games and have something like seven Vita games, a few indies, and a bunch of PSP/PS1 classics. I only buy when games get to new lows.

ehhh explain how this works again please
what intro video

The long ass intro video that plays when you restore your Vita to factory settings in order to switch accounts/regions. It's unskippable by default, but inserting/removing a memory card will skip it since it makes the system restart.

Maid

Banned
DS4 is not compatible with every game, so there is always a risk, plus a DS4 is an additional 60$ cost.
It's not only improved graphics, it's very often if not always better, more stable performance, shorter loading times, more convenient, faster UI, chance to Remote Play if you have a Vita, etc. Sure if this means nothing to you then PS4 is not for you.
How many games would you buy in the same timeframe if you had a PS3? How many games would have been PS3/4 multiplats?

My point isn't buying a PS3 version of the games when I have both console. My point was why would people want to buy a console without game they want to play, and that's exactly my position after making a PS4 purchase. 2 games I bought are for couch co-op only.

In the mean time, I bought 4 PS3 games in the last 2 months if it means anything to you. PS3 still have many games I want to play than the PS4.

And people keep wonder why does PS4 not sell in Japan. Imagine if the PS4 only has Japanese games, then how its sale will be worldwide? Just a reverse of the current situation.

I don't understand why would you try to gun me down on this, seeing as you and I don't share the same taste in games.

Redhood

The long ass intro video that plays when you restore your Vita to factory settings in order to switch accounts/regions. It's unskippable by default, but inserting/removing a memory card will skip it since it makes the system restart.

Or you can simply restart your vita with the power button when the video starts playing and not take risk with a memory card.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Apotheon - so good looking, so boring.

Would probably enjoy more on PSV.

What about the other games we got this month? Anything good? :(

Maid

Banned
Apotheon - so good looking, so boring.

Would probably enjoy more on PSV.

What about the other games we got this month? Anything good? :(

Yakuza 4. You can't go wrong with it.

Rogue Legacy is ok on Vita, but I don't see I'm pouring my time into it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Yakuza 4. You can't go wrong with it.

Rogue Legacy is ok on Vita, but I don't see I'm pouring my time into it.
Yeah, I don't really play PS3 anymore. Sad, but true.

If it ain't PS4/PSV, not interested.

ZeroAKA

The GE2RB demo is unimpressive on the PS4, unsurprisingly. I'll stick to the Vita version whenif it's localized.
B9IV_JeIUAAg0ur.jpg:large

Omerta

In a land full of warnings to not 'insert or take out' the memory card, this seems terrifying to me.

Yeah, that's a good point actually.

Is this method legit? For the sake of a three minute video, do I risk courrupting 64gbs of goodness?

Top Bottom