• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

ZeroCoin

Managed to snag a pstv before they were all claimed. Shocked to see the claim percent at 40 before I had a chance to add it to the cart.

No, swap your memory card between your Vita and PSTV. It sounds annoying but it's still a much better solution than transferring cloud saves by hand and risking overwriting a newer copy, and also solves the issue of sharing PS1 and PSP saves.

I've thought about that, but I think I'll get frustrated with the bubbles moving around. Is that something I can prevent from happening, or will I just have to deal with it. Also, does this mean shutting down the vita completely before swapping the card? I have a 64gb card, so it would make sense to use it as much as possible.

Edit: TOTP

Buy Tearaway and Danganronpa!

Shizuka

I'd like to compile all "You just bought <insert>!" gif for handy access. The ones I remember are from Vita, Danganronpa, 64GB Memory Card and Playstation TV. Are there more? I don't have any of them, could someone also post them again so that I could save?

SerTapTap

Alrighty, just got a psTV on amazon and so far I'm going to get Persona 4 and was looking at Freedom Wars any impressions on the game?

Freedom Wars is IMO a great game but with deep flaws. The very beginning can be a bit frustrating due to the (deliberate) limitations that fairly quickly ease off, then the end of the game is fairly grindy and the weapon making system is just plain silly if you want to min-max, since luck is involved.

But strictly within the "story" I loved it, controls are great (but really need a PS TV control scheme to let me use the triggers!), monsters are awesome, the lore is great. I thoroughly enjoyed it until it hit the generic Hunting Game endgame ("BUT THAT'S WHEN THE GAME STARTS" yeah yeah I know). Overall it's a great foundation that could really benefit from a FW2 or enhanced edition with some major changes to the crafting.

I got it for $15 and don't regret it a bit, I'm not sure I'd recommend it at $40 if you're not sold on it though. If it matters, I find MH way too slow and find Soul Sacrifice just about right, FW is much closer to SS than MH, but the controls are actually more like third person shooter with grappling and some unique mechanics.

Managed to snag a pstv before they were all claimed. Shocked to see the claim percent at 40 before I had a chance to add it to the cart.

I've thought about that, but I think I'll get frustrated with the bubbles moving around. Is that something I can prevent from happening, or will I just have to deal with it. Also, does this mean shutting down the vita completely before swapping the card? I have a 64gb card, so it would make sense to use it as much as possible.

The PS TVs on Amazon were 100% claimed within a minute apparently.

I know there's a trick to how the bubble shifting works...but I don't know what it is, sorry. I just use different cards.

Hikami

I'd like to compile all "You just bought <insert>!" gif for handy access. The ones I remember are from Vita, Danganronpa, 64GB Memory Card and Playstation TV. Are there more? I don't have any of them, could someone also post them again so that I could save?
Do you have this one?
atfxoIj.gif
Imouto made it/posted it on twitter a long time ago but never seen anyone on GAF use it.

antibolo

Banned

Edit: TOTP

Buy Tearaway and Danganronpa!

If you put all your stuff in folders you should experience minimal placement disruption.

Yes, you have to shutdown both devices to swap memory cards. It's still the most convenient way to share content between the two.

Matchew

Freedom Wars is IMO a great game but with deep flaws. The very beginning can be a bit frustrating due to the (deliberate) limitations that fairly quickly ease off, then the end of the game is fairly grindy and the weapon making system is just plain silly if you want to min-max, since luck is involved.

But strictly within the "story" I loved it, controls are great (but really need a PS TV control scheme to let me use the triggers!), monsters are awesome, the lore is great. I thoroughly enjoyed it until it hit the generic Hunting Game endgame ("BUT THAT'S WHEN THE GAME STARTS" yeah yeah I know). Overall it's a great foundation that could really benefit from a FW2 or enhanced edition with some major changes to the crafting.

I got it for $15 and don't regret it a bit, I'm not sure I'd recommend it at $40 if you're not sold on it though. If it matters, I find MH way too slow and find Soul Sacrifice just about right, FW is much closer to SS than MH, but the controls are actually more like third person shooter with grappling and some unique mechanics.

The PS TVs on Amazon were 100% claimed within a minute apparently.

I know there's a trick to how the bubble shifting works...but I don't know what it is, sorry. I just use different cards.

Thanks for the reply. Might wait to see if I can get it on sale.

Maybesew

Anyone else expect Hell Divers to be a March PS Plus game?

It seems to meet all the criteria. Release date on the first tuesday of the month, it's an indie title, and it's also crossplay across PS4, PS3 and vita.

SerTapTap

It seems to meet all the criteria. Release date on the first tuesday of the month, it's an indie title, and it's also crossplay across PS4, PS3 and vita.

Plenty of not crossbuy stuff has been PS+ and vice versa. First release of the month is certainly suspicious though. Indies that aren't PS+ should probably avoid that day.

eFKac

Yeah I think so as well.

Think it will take the Vita slot, like the cross buy titles usually do, which is great cause we get 3 PS4 games that way.

Maid

Banned
DriveClub is so good. I forgot all about time trying to beat that half second of my friend's record.

That would be awesome. I'm kinda over spending my gaming budget for March already, and it's also one of the title I'm looking forward to.

Shizuka

I've figured out I'll use my PS TV for all big, DD-only Vita games I have and clear some space on my 64GB that'll stay inside my Vita. Soul Sacrifice Delta, Sword Art Online and every Atelier game will go to my 32GB.

I've figured out I'll use my PS TV for all big, DD-only Vita games I have and clear some space on my 64GB that'll stay inside my Vita. Soul Sacrifice Delta, Sword Art Online and every Atelier game will go to my 32GB.

If I had more money and I was not going to buy The Order, I would have jumped on the PS TV. Just thinking about playing Demon Gaze or Soul Sacrifice on my TV gives me chills, lol.

Shizuka

If I had more money and I was not going to buy The Order, I would have jumped on the PS TV. Just thinking about playing Demon Gaze or Soul Sacrifice on my TV gives me chills, lol.

Maybe it'll come up again sometime in the future. Great new avatar, by the way.

Ill probably use my VitaTV for PSP and Physical copies of my games. PS4 streaming maybe at my ladies house...More excited to see KZ Merc on the big screen.

And Ninja Gaiden Sigma (and 2) hell borderlands 2 as well.

Good thing I have my old 16 GB baby because 8 is nowhere near enough.

batrush

Excellent deal on the DS3 + PSTV bundle. I was in need of a second DS3. Now I need to decide whether I'll use my JP or my US account on the PSTV.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
How does it work if one buys a game from another regions psn in regards to language and matchmaking? Im completely new to this, so i have no idea. For example, if i buy Advanced warfare on the russian store, what language will the game be in, and will it affect matchmaking in MP?

SerTapTap

Considering buying that $50 PS TV bundle even though I already have one...I mean that DS3 alone makes up for half of that. But what would I do with it. I should just get a figure instead...

DriveClub is so good. I forgot all about time trying to beat that half second of my friend's record.

It really is, wish I were better at it. Kinda left it in the dust for the current round of Vita games though

test_account

XP-39C²
sogood.gif

respect. I wish I had a better camera. The bigger my Vita collection got, the worse it looked in pictures trying to pull back for a wide enough shot.

You could always split the collection up into seperate pictures, or overlap the game (so only half the box is showing), that would save space. I was thinking about doing that, but i worked out fine to just allign all games side by side instead :)

ChrisD

A "Love/Hate" flash sale?

Will it include Project Diva F 2nd? You know, because of that song.

Worst song of the forever

If the sale starts the 13th... shouldn't we know what the games are by now?

Also, subbed to this thread and the Vita TV thread since I'll probably have some questions. I see the biggest one was already answered above me though. That simplifies things. :p

deadfolk

Yeah, I was surprised how good it is after all the hate it got. I was really hesitant to buy it, but did so when the gang here urged me to. Loving it.

autoduelist

fROM THE games on sale?
Shmups-
Prehistoric Isle will have you die a lot and is more about positioning and dodging enemy bullets, so you WILL be dieing a lot but the game has inf. continues anyways. If you're OK with seeing dinosaurs do crazy ass shit and don't mind dieing a lot then this game may be worth it even for a 1 time playthrough.

Alpha Mission 2 I haven't played much of but I would totally recommend it mainly because it seems solid and is a good shmup from other impressions I read.

NeoGeo Ultimate Shooting has a kickass soundtrack but is a bullet hell...a VERTICAL bullet hell but I manage just fine. Interestingly enough there is an 'invincibility' option so you sort never lose or use it to learn patterns.
It's basically 2 games in one, so if you can manage a vertical bullet hell on the Vita's small screen, you'll be fine. It does come with an option to have the screen rotated horizontally too!

That's about it from the list I mentioned. Last Resort in the SNK Arcade Collection may only be worth it if you are interested in the other games in it which, far as I've read are decent emulation. Not great, at worst leaving much to be desired.

Now for run n' gun; the run n' gun games do not have a twin stick option, but I like to assign the R button for rapid fire, which comes in handy for Shock Troopers most of the time.
If you want good ports, get MS1 and Shock Troopers at least. SAR can be a coin cruncher, but you got inf. lives so no worries there. SAR is rather fun in the sense that EVERYTHING explodes when you kill it. Think Hokuto no Ken-style explosions lol.

Hope that helped, let me know if there's more you want me to elaborate on =3

Thank you so much for this.

You mention the run&gun games aren't dual stick. How are they setup? For example, how do you shoot diagonally? Hot damn I wish you could map it to the right analog.

Man, most of the games I really want are $5 to $10 even on sale. I'm having a hard time justifying that when there are so many other games in my wishlist (not to mention backlog). Dammit, I'm not usually so indecisive.

Been playing Resident Evil on and off all day, via PS4, Vita remote play and PSTV remote play... and damn, I like the future. :)

Being able to seamlessly slip between playing it from anywhere in my house is amazing.

Top Bottom