• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

SerTapTap

Direct flash sale link

Maybe $10 Knack will save us the Knack PS+ begging
It won't
I recommend:
Neptunia Rebirth 1
Monster Monpiece
GG Xrd
Mercenary Kings (it's a bit weird, I enjoy it but it's a bit slow paced)
Hard Corps Uprising (basically Contra)
LBP3 (after the bug fixes, it's one of the best LBPs--great level building tools, new chars are fun)
Sportsfriends and Towerfall Ascension are great, but only for local multi (towerfall has single player but it's only okay). Sportsfriends does NOT require Moves

Can't decide between Geometry Wars 3 or Super Stardust Ultra

SerTapTap

I could play some of you in Monpiece if you want. PSN in profile. Please say who you are, I have enough trouble recognizing forum names as it is

SSU is a remaster of the PS3 game, don't buy it if you already have it.

Doesn't it have a ton of new levels, bosses, modes? They made it sound like it had at least as much new content as the original game did. But I do have SS HD and Delta

autoduelist

Can't decide between Geometry Wars 3 or Super Stardust Ultra

Same dilemma.

SSU is a remaster of the PS3 game, don't buy it if you already have it.

Still very much worth $10 to me to have an improved version on my PS4 which I'll actually play, verses an older version on my PS3 I no longer turn on. Just not sure if I can squeeze it in around all the other sales.

Doesn't it have a ton of new levels, bosses, modes? They made it sound like it had at least as much new content as the original game did. But I do have SS HD and Delta

I haven't played it, but from what I understand it does have several new modes, but not really 'new levels' - more, 'remastered levels' that are the same worlds with reworked patterns/bosses.

$10 is a fair price for that, though, all things considered.

There's one really cool looking mode where you leave some some sort of rock trail behind you (think Snake) that looks dope.

I just got a PS4, played a bit of GG before and think Xrd's graphics are amazing.
I should buy it right? Does it have decent single player content?

antibolo

Banned
I just got a PS4, played a bit of GG before and think Xrd's graphics are amazing.
I should buy it right? Does it have decent single player content?

It has a fuckton of single player content, including an Arcade mode with elaborate cutscenes, the RPG-stats-esque MOM mode, challenges, an in-game lore guide, and an awesome multiple hour
non-interactive
visual novel Story mode.

It has a fuckton of single player content, including Arcade mode, the RPG-stats-esque MOM mode, an in-game lore guide, and an awesome multiple hour
non-interactive
visual novel Story mode.

Yeah that's all I needed to hear. Thanks. :) Didn't even setup my US account on the PS4 yet because I didn't think I'd use it at all for now.

Shizuka

Trying to get only one game from this flash sale.. Monster Monpiece seems the most interesting so far

If I had to suggest only one game from the entire flash sale, it'd be Monster Monpiece. The card system is impressively deep and if there is any time where the online is more active than at launch, it's now with this sale.

If I had to suggest only one game from the entire flash sale, it'd be Monster Monpiece. The card system is impressively deep and if there is any time where the online is more active than at launch, it's now with this sale.

+1

I got the platinum, and it was oh so much fun. :)

yaffi

Unpopular opinion, but it'd be worth that price, IMO. That said, it doesn't change the fact that there are simply better games available for the Vita now, like Toukiden (Kiwami) and Freedom Wars.

Okay, I got Freedom Wars for cheap recently and Kiwami isn't out yet. So I'm safe I guess.

wilflare

Holy shit Guilty Gear Xrd is 20 and 24 on PS3 and PS4 respectively.

If you care even the slightest about fighting games you NEED to get that game at this price.

!!!! THE RUBBING STARTS NOW

I want to... but if they release all those Super XX R Plus versions :(

Hikami

Well, Monpiece it is then. Won't get to play it til tomorrow though.
Curious to see why people keep saying the story is bad/to skip it..

Shizuka

The story is mediocre up until a point, then it becomes insufferable.

Just made the list of games I'm downloading for my Playstation TV + 32GB memory card:

Atelier Meruru Plus
Atelier Totori Plus
Runner2
Borderlands 2
Dead Nation
Doki-Doki Universe
EDF 2017 Portable
Fez
FF X-2 HD
Guacamelee!
Hotline Miami
Let's Fish Hooked On
Malicious Rebirth
Orgarhythm
Plants vs Zombies
Rainbow Moon
Resogun
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Sword Art Online
TxK
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

I don't think it'll fit all of them, but I'll start from largest so that the small ones like Fez and Hotline Miami will end up staying on my Vita.

I can't really sit through these whole youtube videos to find out... how much can you enjoy Monster Monpiece without buying any cards?

I might get Mercenary Kings since I never bothered to play it on Steam, missed it while it was free on PS+, and maybe the Vita version is still coming with retroactive crossbuy potential? Maybe I shouldn't bank on that.

Vylash

I can't really sit through these whole youtube videos to find out... how much can you enjoy Monster Monpiece without buying any cards?

I might get Mercenary Kings since I never bothered to play it on Steam, missed it while it was free on PS+, and maybe the Vita version is still coming with retroactive crossbuy potential? Maybe I shouldn't bank on that.

you absolutely don't need to buy cards in Monpiece, at all

I think I bought one pack near the end just to see what it was about - you don't need to buy cards, you can get any card in the game through playing.

Gamerloid

Ok guys, I'm broke and can only make some of these games hopefully calling in birthday tabs promised to me.

6wAxKwN.jpg

Guilty Gear and Neptunia are the must have games on that list. Monster Monpiece was just added because of you guys, but I'll probably end up tossing it due to online trophies. Not sure how active the game is at this point.

Ok guys, I'm broke and can only make some of these games hopefully calling in birthday tabs promised to me.

Guilty Gear and Neptunia are the must have games on that list. Monster Monpiece was just added because of you guys, but I'll probably end up tossing it due to online trophies. Not sure how active the game is at this point.

Only thing I'd drop is Knack, I'm sure you can find another MonMon buyer who needs the online trophies.

SerTapTap

It's the most generic, pointless JRPG ever, then it gets to be (spoilers...I guess)
a super boring "rawr I'm god but evil so I kill u mortals" then mortals are like "no way more like I kill u"
then it for some reason reverts back to a dorky happy "let's float around and be happy like in the postgame area" thing.

...wat? Are you confusing rubbing with buying? Are you confusing buying cards with IAPs? You can buy hundreds of cards easily with the ingame money gained through story mode and not rub, though rubbing gives you a better variety of cards to use in battle. If you're completely insane and want to randomly limit yourself, yes I think you can probably not buy cards with free ingame currency and just use dropped cards but I don't know why you would do that.

Monster Monpiece was just added because of you guys, but I'll probably end up tossing it due to online trophies. Not sure how active the game is at this point.

You can fight yourself over Ad Hoc for "online" trophies or just play vs a gaffer, honestly the "have a billion friggin unique cards" and "rub until your arm falls off" trophies are probably more egregious. I would suggest not worrying too much about trophies, but I can play some online matches for fun or possibly trophies (not sure how many are required, I'd be happy to play some normal matches but not cheese through 500 in a row if that's required)

Khronico

Hmmm.

I'm sitting here deciding on whether I should get:

GG Vita
Rayman Legends

Or:

GG Vita
Monster Monpiece

On one hand I REALLY like CCG's, but Monster Monpiece seems really... creepy. Not sure if it's worth it to deal with all that fanservice.

bobawesome

Hmmm.

I'm sitting here deciding on whether I should get:

GG Vita
Rayman Legends

Or:

GG Vita
Monster Monpiece

On one hand I REALLY like CCG's, but Monster Monpiece seems really... creepy. Not sure if it's worth it to deal with all that fanservice.

From what I understand, there are still parts where you rub the girls to power them up or something but the more...provocative artwork has been taken out.

Khronico

From what I understand, there are still parts where you rub the girls to power them up or something but the more...provocative artwork has been taken out.

Thanks for clarifying.

I did some more research into the game and yeah, it's a bit over the top for my tastes.

Legends + GGVita it is.

autoduelist

Man, everyone's hype on Monster Monpiece. I guess I would have been too (ccg starved) if I didn't already plat it.

Then again, I'm happily buying Ragnarok Odyssey Ace so what do I know. I had a blast with the original demo.

Like moths to a flame.

You don't need to spend any real money to buy cards, period.

Top Bottom