• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

robotnik

Yeah, I e-mailed them about it and they said it would have English text, though, plus the other site that said it'd have it in addition to the TGS news. I'll just return it if it somehow ends up being wrong.
Thanks for clarification, will buy it too. Not sure yet about Oreshika 2 though. NA may have physical release as well.

Takao

Banned
deadman's cross is super stealth release
iirc that's not even out in japan yet
game is shit tho

bought that crossy road vita clone
review: don't buy it
only one mode: endless
"procedurally generated" level that makes no sense
sometimes the levels has shrubs that block all movement pattern requiring suicide to fix
slow down when you reach a lot of moving objects
no choice of animal: sometimes you get rabbit, but mostly pig

very impressed with ambition of the slimes btw
but english translation is rough

antibolo

Banned
How is the soundtrack CD that came with the NA Demon Gaze LE? Did it include the entire soundtrack?

I'd like to own a disc of the Demon Gaze soundtrack and looking at the available options. So far from my search it seems it never got a proper standalone release in Japan, wtf?

Quoting myself because I haven't gotten any response. Anybody?

EDIT: So apparently it did get a proper release but it's impossible to find now
http://ebten.jp/p/4541993020324/
Man those discs look so cool.

SerTapTap

I think Neptunia Rebirth broke something in a friend of mine. He's insisting he must grind to level 33 before fighting Black Heart. That's about three times as high of a level as you're supposed to be and there aren't good grinding spots unlocked yet. No matter what I tell him he just keeps grinding away...I don't get people sometimes. It's not a hard game...he's probably already destroyed all intended difficulty for most or all of the game.

I can't tell if he's serious but he also seems to think the other CPUs are evil and he needs to kill them. I'm not sure if someone slipped him a copy of Dark Souls on accident or something.

I did that before: like leveling up 10 pokemons up to 90 or something just to beat the elite four. Or maxing out the sphere grid / get all the ultimas possible before ending the game. I don't play those two games again.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
NA Sale is good but I won't have my salary till the end of the month. Hopefully there will be a repeat sale on spring / summer.

Shizuka

Just got platinum trophy from Banned Game. It was fun while it lasted, although I'll most likely forget about its existence in a few months.

Just finished Dangan Ronpa finally. Its pretty good.
It doesn't show what happens outside. No answers on how they lost their memory. They just did. Doesn't explain how Monokuma gets up. It just leaves me hanging.
I'm guessing some of the latter questions will be answered in DR2?

Shizuka

Just finished Dangan Ronpa finally. Its pretty good.
It doesn't show what happens outside. No answers on how they lost their memory. They just did. Doesn't explain how Monokuma gets up. It just leaves me hanging.
I'm guessing some of the latter questions will be answered in DR2?

Some answers, even more questions.

wilflare

Not P4G if that's what you're referring to lol, I had just bought it separately.
It did come with that lego game though.. not sure what I'm going to with that.

sell it or
give it to me
or modbot it

but game aside, $50 for VitaTV, 8GB Memory Card and Controller is insane
now i feel argh for not jumping on it

btIAErH.jpg

Minutes - PS4 and Vita (Played on Vita)

Minutes is a beautiful looking game that runs perfect on Vita that has that abstract "indie" look. Unfortunately the gameplay is kind of boring. The gameplay is kind of like playing a bullet hell game without shooting. Avoid black stuff and absorb colored stuff. There is not a lot to this game that isn't in the first level. The game just introduces more shapes and more stuff on screen at once. You do unlock one time powerups, that you need for a higher scores, that makes things more interesting but it is perplexing that you have to unlock them. Overall this game is well done but it just doesn't hold my interest for more than a minute.

7/10

deadman's cross is super stealth release
iirc that's not even out in japan yet
game is shit tho

bought that crossy road vita clone
review: don't buy it
only one mode: endless
"procedurally generated" level that makes no sense
sometimes the levels has shrubs that block all movement pattern requiring suicide to fix
slow down when you reach a lot of moving objects
no choice of animal: sometimes you get rabbit, but mostly pig

very impressed with ambition of the slimes btw
but english translation is rough

Cool. Saved me a buy on this. :)

Hikami

Might as well
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983423.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hikami, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
The_Lego_Movie_Videogame_cover.jpg

1hFaqwB.png
The Lego Movie Video Game (PSN) (Vita) -- MB-0756463DC72111A9 - Taken by pariah164. 9 entrants total.

t1424049293z1.png
Also, not sure but, I think this is a US-only code?

Takao

Banned
Ambition of the Slimes is getting a Vita release?

It already has on PlayStation Mobile.
rwzKgjU.jpg

vvaZ3k5.jpg

6GCuQc5.jpg

$4.29 with no IAP (iOS/Android has IAP)
Available everywhere PlayStation Mobile is available

I'm early in so I can't say a tonne. It's a very beginner friendly SRPG (there are different difficulty settings with an unlock for hard, but I haven't unlocked it yet) with some great visuals and a charming concept. English translation is really rough, though.

Shinriji

Just beat Trails in the Sky. The game is OK, but nothing special. Kinda hard to see why people are excited with SC, because FC have serious pacing problems, mainly the game really feels like a huge prologue.

Maybe I was expecting too much.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Platinum-ed Grim Fandango. Got my money's worth out of that one. Brilliant game, still.

Ran into one more bug, got stuck in the
crane
in the third act.

Flandy

I've got $55 in my PSN account. What should I get from the flash sale? Probably gonna get Geometry Wars 3, but am not sure what else. Was thinking maybe I should get LBP3?

jvm

Gamasutra.
I've got $55 in my PSN account. What should I get from the flash sale? Probably gonna get Geometry Wars 3, but am not sure what else. Was thinking maybe I should get LBP3?
Let us know your thoughts on Geometry Wars 3 if you pick it up. Knack looks like it was a good buy for our family (kids are loving it) but part of me wishes I'd gotten GW3 instead of SSDU.

Stuff I'd find interesting from the sale:
Divekick - $4.00 - 60% Off
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions - $9.89 - 34% Off
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - $8.00 - 60% Off

Vita
Unit 13 - $7.20 - 60% Off
That's about it. But I already own Unit 13 and Lara Croft.

Zephyx

Need recs here: should I get MonMon or Neptunia? I have around $50 to spend but currently waiting for a ToH:R sale so I can spend $20 at max. I don't really have a preference over the genres (RPGs or card game/tactics) so it's a bit hard for me to decide.

PS: No RO:Ace for me as I have the vanilla version. Still also waiting for that GE2:RB localization announcement.

Vylash

Need recs here: should I get MonMon or Neptunia? I have around $50 to spend but currently waiting for a ToH:R sale so I can spend $20 at max. I don't really have a preference over the genres (RPGs or card game/tactics) so it's a bit hard for me to decide.

PS: No RO:Ace for me as I have the vanilla version. Still also waiting for that GE2:RB localization announcement.
I'm a huge fan of both, but Neptunia will give you more content and humor for your money so I'd say go with that

bobawesome

I finally see why you guys have problems with the download list thing. Having to redownload all this Freedom Wars DLC so I can use my save on the PSTV is a pain..

And it seems like you won, congrats.

I understand your pain.

It was a headache trying to get all my Soul Sacrifice DLC downloaded while the store was on the fritz at the tail end of December.

Massa

Rayman on Vita, PS4,
or Wii U?
Think I'd rather play Rayman on my 1080 monitor than on my Vita :\

Wii U or Vita for sure.

If you don't like touch screens, PS4. But you'd be playing a downgraded version of 20-30% of the levels.

autoduelist

Tactics Ogre question...

do most of you just sort of play TO:LUCT w/o referencing guides? I'm attempting to play it for like the 4th time, and I always get absolutely overwhelmed by the plethora of choices the whole class mark system gives. The combat/etc doesn't phase me at all... I'm used to complex interfaces and difficult games. But I can barely even get started in TO without feeling like I should be changing classes or something... I just have no idea as to when, or to what, and then I get lost in researching this sort of thing, get overwhelmed, and play something else. I'm wondering if anyone else has these issues and figured out a way to just... play.

For example, the units that are currently a class (and in battle, iirc) get bonuses when a class levels up. Great! But that makes me feel like I should convert everyone to the same class to min/max those bonuses... which I know is ridiculous, but I can't help contemplating it. Or some guides suggest converting your warriors to knights. Well, great, I guess? Except since I only have low level warriors, and the game doesn't tell me what skillls/abilities warriors get, and I have even less info on knights, that's more research trying to figure out what that conversion even means, not to mention all the other possibilities. Again, I research till I'm burnt out, put the game away for a couple days, and... the circle continues.

Tohsaka

Rayman on Vita, PS4,
or Wii U?
Think I'd rather play Rayman on my 1080 monitor than on my Vita :\

I'd say PS4. I bought the Wii U version, and didn't like the forced touch controls for the Murfy levels at all. I rented the PS3 version and played through that instead, and liked it much more. The Wii U version might be fun if you have another person to play with who's controlling Murfy, but I didn't like it since I was playing solo.

Just read the Review for Criminal Girls on the Vita Lounge, I'll wait for a sale or something.

Oh and I was surprised to learn that Shizuka writes for the Vita Lounge haha

Top Bottom