• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | February 2015

Tizoc

all these different SNK releases are confusing me T_T

Heh, the Compilation releases contain 4+ games each, but their emulation at worst is so-so.
The single releases were handled by M2 who are known as a studio that does excellent ports of old/classic games, and usually an M2 port is the best way to play any classic game on modern consoles or handhelds (why do you think some of us are hype for the SEGA 3D Classics on 3DS; they're handled by M2)

Just go with the games I listed and make your picks quickly and you'll be good to go ;)

wilflare

Heh, the Compilation releases contain 4+ games each, but their emulation at worst is so-so.
The single releases were handled by M2 who are known as a studio that does excellent ports of old/classic games, and usually an M2 port is the best way to play any classic game on modern consoles or handhelds (why do you think some of us are hype for the SEGA 3D Classics on 3DS; they're handled by M2)

Just go with the games I listed and make your picks quickly and you'll be good to go ;)

all those listed here?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151733366&postcount=1761
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=151860638&postcount=1933

all by M2?

Tizoc

The following are minis and not by M2
Prehistoric Isle, G. War, SAR

The following were handled by M2
Metal Slug 1
L. Bowling
Magician Lord
SamSho 1
Shock Troopers
Super Sidekicks
KoF 94-96
World Heroes
Alpha Mission 2

FYI World Heroes, being an old fighter has an annoying button configuration; basically a light tap of the button will do a light attack, a longer press will give you a hard attack.

You don't have to get all of them, if anything you could skip SamSho 1 and WH and get the rest. If you can only get one KoF I'd recommend KoF 95 personally.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The following are minis and not by M2
Prehistoric Isle, G. War, SAR

The following were handled by M2
Metal Slug 1
L. Bowling
Magician Lord
SamSho 1
Shock Troopers
Super Sidekicks
KoF 94-96
World Heroes
Alpha Mission 2

FYI World Heroes, being an old fighter has an annoying button configuration; basically a light tap of the button will do a light attack, a longer press will give you a hard attack.

You don't have to get all of them, if anything you could skip SamSho 1 and WH and get the rest. If you can only get one KoF I'd recommend KoF 95 personally.

You should also mention that KOF Orochi Saga (PSP) was also handled by M2.

Woo, just finished playthrough #1 of Resident Evil and I loved it - definitely worth buying again.

The quality of these TotP posts have been going down. :(

Hey now come on, I get a lot of TOTP and I can't always think of shit.

Besides, buying all the Vita games isn't necessarily about liking them.

Just read the Review for Criminal Girls on the Vita Lounge, I'll wait for a sale or something.

Oh and I was surprised to learn that Shizuka writes for the Vita Lounge haha

Guest reviewers are welcome where we don't have reviews on something or can't find someone who the game fits. Having an RPG fanatic review a FPS for example is bad form - sometimes you need to go outside the box, and Shizuka was just standing there looking interested... ;)

Zephyx

I'm a huge fan of both, but Neptunia will give you more content and humor for your money so I'd say go with that

I went ahead with Monster Monpiece for now. Need some card battles in my life.

Still on the fence if I should pick up Neptunia as I don't have any clue regarding the series. I believe I was initially turned off by the all female cast (I like some form of romance in my games) but I'm willing to give it a try at that price. Can anyone give a general consensus on the game?

Just finished Dangan Ronpa finally. Its pretty good.
It doesn't show what happens outside. No answers on how they lost their memory. They just did. Doesn't explain how Monokuma gets up. It just leaves me hanging.
I'm guessing some of the latter questions will be answered in DR2?

Most of that was explained but
the memory loss thing was mostly explained in Danganronpa: Zero, a light novel that hasn't been officially translated yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Vita SAVED:

mKZs7Nk.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It'll do better in the west on Wii U and probably a bit better in Japan on Vita if such a thing were to happen. Probably be a wash.

SerTapTap

Oh sweet jesus I found my copy of Danganronpa 2.

I'm sorta feeling I should hold off on this one. I got to the first murder and the humor is good but it's not gripping me like the first, probably because I played 1 recently. Might shelf it for a while but it feels weird doing that now that I started.

I went ahead with Monster Monpiece for now. Need some card battles in my life.

Still on the fence if I should pick up Neptunia as I don't have any clue regarding the series. I believe I was initially turned off by the all female cast (I like some form of romance in my games) but I'm willing to give it a try at that price. Can anyone give a general consensus on the game?

These are not mutually exclusive. Though Neptunia doesn't have tons of romance (much to my relief) there's some light "shipping" or whatever you'd call it, not quite love story but Vert generally has the hots for at least one character in each game. It's mostly played for humor though.

I recommend Neptunia over Monpiece, Neptunia is full of humor and charm, Monpiece is really ONLY about the gameplay and deck building, and without organizing fights online, you're only testing decks against pretty dumb AI that kinda cheats for difficulty (like...well, any singleplayer card game I'm afraid). I still enjoyed it, but Neptunia is a better game in general and will last you longer, not counting grind. And hell, if you want to grind both will last considerable time.

So I wanted to change my PSN password and I reset it, but my new password didn't work so I reset it again and THAT new one didn't work either. So I'm basically unable to get into my account now :( has anyone else had this happen?

SerTapTap

So I wanted to change my PSN password and I reset it, but my new password didn't work so I reset it again and THAT new one didn't work either. So I'm basically unable to get into my account now :( has anyone else had this happen?

Usually if you try to reset a password and use an unacceptable password/simply don't set it, your old password is still active. Not sure what happened here as it sounds pretty odd, you'll probably want to talk to Sony Support though. I usually go through their online chat so I don't have to sit around on the phone

Phototropic

Neo Member
Has anyone used a PS TV to self-boost the Monster Monpiece online trophies? Just wondering if it is possible using the same PSN tag on both devices.

SerTapTap

Why did I just buy Neptunia RE1....Vitagaf always taints my decisions.

*stroking a fluffy Persian cat* Good...good

Has anyone used a PS TV to self-boost the Monster Monpiece online trophies? Just wondering if it is possible using the same PSN tag on both devices.

Yes, it's possible, you can't play against yourself online, but ad-hoc works. Just remember that both will have separate save files, so erase your "loser" save with the winner. I didn't go all the way but I earned at least one trophy when testing it.

With all the people buying the game now I'm hoping some of PSN gaf will be able to play. I'm willing but adding me on PSN with no "I am X from GAF" message probably isn't going to get me to add you...actually adding me on Steam is probably best, since chat is less sucky and I can nickname people. I wish all online services let you change your name and apply nicknames to people. No idea who half these people on my PSN list are

Top Bottom