• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

lol must be. I like the game fine, and it's a good game -- don't get me wrong. I just think there are better games on that list. Hoping that Bravely 2nd has a better story so that I can truly jump on the bandwagon.

I liked the first half of it... That counts right? Ahaha!

Again TOTP, crap. Buy Danganronpa 1 and 2. Vote for it for GOTY (link on the previous page).

More news on the podcast soon folks... The wheels are set in motion.

I'd love to get everyone's take on this since this will be our podcast, whether things grow or simply fail miserably, I want to give this a shot because if there is one system that deserves love is our Vita, and we are all passionate enough to talk about it, and discuss it for others to listen.

I would love to participate. I am buying and playing most everything coming out for Vita anyway.

Started Rainbow Moon on Vita I got from PS+ and despite not being into RPGs I expected to delete it after 30 minutes but I love it. It doesn't bombard you with an incomprehensible story and explains things well and over time without a long tutorial. There is a lot of strategy in the combat. Not sure if I will be putting in 40+ hours into this to finish it because I am sure some new game will take me away from it. People not into RPGs should give it a try.

Thank you for all the positive feedback, really. After running some ideas with NormalFish, we are starting to set things in motion, and we can see that many of you want to be a part of this project. We will start small, and like I said after settling for a schedule and delivery methods, etc, we will have a show in which we will bring one or two of you into the show, talk about games, and hopefully entertain everyone here.

I will be contacting some of you privately starting tomorrow in regards to some plans that I have in mind, so keep your eyes up for your PM box!

Don't be upset if you aren't contacted, or if you weren't a part of the first episode. The idea is that this is our show, and we all will be a part of it. We will keep people coming in so look forward to being on air with us one of these days (do you already feel your palms sweating? Because I sure do).

Flandy

Just finished The Walking Dead Season 2.
I enjoyed it, but I feel like Season 2 didn't really need to exist. Nothing really happened. Season 1 was definitely better

Yasumi

Banned
Danganronpa catching up to Bravely Defauful, nice. Never before has a game turned so bad, so fast. It could've worked if Silicon Studio injected a little more creativity and variety into the last few chapters within the confines of Hayashi's scenario, but they didn't. And it sucked. Danganronpa deserves the win.

I liked the idea about the podcast. There aren't many Vita heavens left !

We could also get some guests, there are devs who loves the Vita and maybe would be up to something like this.

Question, anybody knows how big is DN3D for Vita? My 8gb card is way too small !

Yasumi

Banned
I nominate GraVitation as the podcast name.
1. Gravity Rush reference.
2. It contains the word Vita.
3. Like gravity acting upon space matter, it brings us all together.

cyborg009

Banned
I nominate GraVitation as the podcast name.
1. Gravity Rush reference.
2. It contains the word Vita.
3. Like gravity acting upon space matter, it brings us all together.
Vita tried to do a podcast is party chat once but it didn't work out IIRC but ask Takao.

Browsing the interwebs and found THIS article on the localizing Brandish. Dunno if it's been posted, but it's interesting.

Also: "Octopussy" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
There are more of them :OOOOO

Playing danganronpa 2 before 1. (Sale) Will it be good?

Don't do it, seriously. It's not the case that playing 1 before the other doesn't matter, if you want the full effect right from the start as soon as you see the characters in the second game, you must play the 1st one. I'd say buy the second one if it's on sale, but wait until you buy and beat the first.

Don't do it, seriously. It's not the case that playing 1 before the other doesn't matter, if you want the full effect right from the start as soon as you see the characters in the second game, you must play the 1st one. I'd say buy the second one if it's on sale, but wait until you buy and beat the first.

Seconded. DR2 plays off the first in a huge way.

Friends Don't Let Friends Play Danganronpa 2 Before 1

Stealth podcast name suggestion

It would certainly be a good segment for the show ahaha!

Only thing worse I can think of is VLR before 999.

Oh god I think this one is MUCH MUCH worse. Doing it is pretty much doing yourself the worst disservice ever. Worse than that is not knowing when or if the last part of the trilogy will ever come to us, but I digress.

Tapejara

Only thing worse I can think of is VLR before 999.

I'm still holding out on VLR because I don't have a way to play 999. Wish they would port the mobile version to Android.
Or you know, to Vita preferably. But I doubt that'll happen.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The worst thing PS+ has ever done wasn't to put multiplayer behind a paywall, though that's some shameful shit. No, it was giving VLR away for free to the one hardcore group of Japanese gaming fans who might not have/might have a bias against playing 999 first. I had to cover a lot of ground that month getting people to not just yolo it and go ahead a play it. Oh, it's not that bad. Oh, I've done this shit before with Final Fantasy games, playing it out of order is meaningless, etc, etc. The ones that didn't listen to my advice and then went on to have a feverous desire to play 999 pretty much all apologized to me after learning just what they had truly done.

Having just about finished DR1 and having seen a bit of DR2 spoilers accidentally, yeah, it's not ideal but its not going to ruin the damn game like playing VLR first would. It's part 2 of 2.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

The game is deeply flawed and I still shake my head whenever someone tries to tell me its perfect or super deep or what have you but the game is still worth playing. At least 1 is. I can't weigh in on 2 just yet.

daydream

Banned
Eh, I wouldn't go that far.

The game is deeply flawed and I still shake my head whenever someone tries to tell me its perfect or super deep or what have you but the game is still worth playing. At least 1 is. I can't weigh in on 2 just yet.

Heh, I'm just messing around. Not like the game is underappreciated or anything. It's a matter of approach, anyway. If you're the type of player that just immerselves themselves into these kinds of games and really gets into them, that's totally fine (but it also doesn't concern me in the slightest). If you're looking at games critically and wanna have a serious conversation about them, that's where DR won't compare favourably.

nampad

By the way about that COD vita game it was rumor that Sony gave activision 10 million for development.

I think the 10 million were for co marketing.

I guess it is fair to say that Activision fucked over Sony. Ubisoft allegedly got the same deal and I think AC3: L was a fair effort, even if it was flawed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heh, I'm just messing around. Not like the game is underappreciated or anything. It's a matter of approach, anyway. If you're the type of player that just immerselves themselves into these kinds of games and really gets into them, that's totally fine (but it also doesn't concern me in the slightest). If you're looking at games critically and wanna have a serious conversation about them, that's where DR won't compare favourably.

It's nothing special for the genre. Some people love the way it looks and the dub is done quite well but some of the cases are plain idiotic even compared to something like the Ace Attorney series.

Garraboa

That podcast idea sounds really neat! It really feels that VitaGAF is more close-knit than other GAF communities.

Quick question: Are all Project Diva f modules obtainable in Project Diva f2nd's shop, or do you have to import your PDf save data to get them?

bobawesome

Continually plugging away at Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment now that I have my save files back. So bad...
but so good? Why can't I stop playing?

That podcast idea sounds really neat! It really feels that VitaGAF is more close-knit than other GAF communities.

Quick question: Are all Project Diva f modules obtainable in Project Diva f2nd's shop, or do you have to import your PDf save data to get them?
I imported my save and have them so I checked on the official site and it says.

That's right! All modules available in the first Project DIVA f/F can also be unlocked in Project DIVA F 2nd! Either import them from your original save file or unlock them by playing through the Rhythm Game!

deadfolk

Potential podcast names:
Vita Means Life
Vitalogy
The 'no games' Vita podcast
Vita Gamers: Invite Only
Remote Play
Rub to listen

Or my personal favourite:
Rear Touchpad

Xenoflare

The worst thing PS+ has ever done wasn't to put multiplayer behind a paywall, though that's some shameful shit. No, it was giving VLR away for free to the one hardcore group of Japanese gaming fans who might not have/might have a bias against playing 999 first. I had to cover a lot of ground that month getting people to not just yolo it and go ahead a play it. Oh, it's not that bad. Oh, I've done this shit before with Final Fantasy games, playing it out of order is meaningless, etc, etc. The ones that didn't listen to my advice and then went on to have a feverous desire to play 999 pretty much all apologized to me after learning just what they had truly done.

Having just about finished DR1 and having seen a bit of DR2 spoilers accidentally, yeah, it's not ideal but its not going to ruin the damn game like playing VLR first would. It's part 2 of 2.

Count me into that, I never knew VLR is a sequel of something else until much later, well, can't unplay the game.
I never knew this game was made by the man who made The Infinity series (Never 7, Ever 17 and Remember 11), and I was actually pissed off when
it has undeniable similarities between them
and then I went online and searched for the game, and found out that VLR/999 and Infinity shared the same mastermind. Everything made so much sense, and I was a little bit sad because
I got shafted by playing only the sequel, and what I thought was fresh wasn't really it

Oh and, if you loved VLR/999 go play Ever 17 and Remember 11, the surprises you had in VLR are not exclusive to it, they have been done a long, long time ago, and in fact I favor Remember 11 over VLR, probably because I never played. Though Ever 17 is the only one that had very rare English offical release, there are fan translated version ready to go.

I still love VLR though, don't get me wrong, this genre has many great games and it's just starting to crack in the west because of Telltales and games like VLR, it's nice.

The infinity games are self contained, so you can start with any of the three, but I think only the latter two has English versions

Maid

Banned

Here’s the full list of games PlayStation Plus members will get in Japan:

Resident Evil Revelations (PS3)

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita)

Child of Light (PS4)

Entwined (PS4)

Titan Attacks! (PS4, PS3, Vita)

Deception IV: Blood Ties (PS3, Vita)

Valhalla Knights 3 Gold (Vita)

Final Horizon (Vita)

Hideboh Tap Dance Hero (Vita)

Look at the glorious Japan.

Now that I have a Vita for Japanese games, maybe it's time to invest in PS+ for my JP account. It seems like one month's IGC alone is worth the year subscription.

It's hard going back to f after F 2nd. :(
I need my sound setting for Arrow notes, control stick for Star Notes, and Overclocker item.
The better graphics are nice too.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase is coming to the Vita (Japan only for now it seems?)

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/sayonara-umihara-kawase-coming-ps-vita

PS Vita version due out in Japan on April 23.
Yumi's Odd Odyssey
Sayonara Umihara Kawase is coming to PS Vita in Japan on April 23 as Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari, this week’s issue of Famitsu reveals.

The PS Vita version will offer a number of improvements, including:

All 50 stages from the 3DS version, but with changes in enemy placement, as well as newly added enemy characters.
New stages.
Improved graphics running at 60 frames per second.
First launched for 3DS in Japan in March 2013 as Sayonara Umihara Kawase, the platformer was released in North America as an eShop download under the name Yumi’s Odd Odyssey, and in Europe under its original Japanese name.

Yessss. I was close to getting it on 3DS but I'll wait for now.

Potential podcast names:
Vita Means Life
Vitalogy
The 'no games' Vita podcast
Vita Gamers: Invite Only
Remote Play
Rub to listen

Or my personal favourite:
Rear Touchpad

My vote goes to the bold one.

An all Vita podcast allready exists though (hosted by our own Teflon-T) :)

nampad

Ugh, just noticed my not even 1 month old Vita slim has a big scratch on the back touch. I am not that OCD about those things as things are supposed to be used but it still sucks because I barely used it.
Guess my nephew did it because I let him play a lot with my Vita slim some days ago. Hope the scratch doesn't mess up the touch function.

By the way, anyone here watching a lot of Live from Playstation? I want to know if there is still a lot of attention whoring nudity on it. Not sure if I should install the app for my other nephew who will get a Vita this month.
I know it is mostly shooters which he shouldn't watch anyway but he already is a Let's Play watcher and being exposed to the internet, I don't want to know what he already has seen. Live from Playstation at least fits his Let's Play fascination.
I know he does play CoD with some friends sometimes. My brother won't let him play those games normally.

To be fair, I wasn't different when I was a kid and I guess I turned out ok. Of course, I will ask my brother what he thinks about the app but I just want to know about the nudity thing to be more informed. There is a difference between watching some shooter or people having sex.

Hikami

Ugh, just noticed my not even 1 month old Vita slim has a big scratch on the back touch. I am not that OCD about those things as things are supposed to be used but it still sucks because I barely used it.
Oh wow, the same happened to me as well the first month I had my Vita slim. Huge random scratch on the back touchpad appeared.. I guess it just scratches easily?

Top Bottom