• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Shizuka

I don't know if we could use GAF on the name, I'd rather do without it and save some headache in the future.

TOTP: Buy Tales of Hearts R (Vita), one of the best JRPGs on the Vita.

Shizuka

I thought the NGP: No Games Podcast was a fun title, which wouldn't limit ourselves to the Vita, at the cost of losing the identity of being a Vita-oriented podcast.

I thought the NGP: No Games Podcast was a fun title, which wouldn't limit ourselves to the Vita, at the cost of losing the identity of being a Vita-oriented podcast.

That wouldn't be bad either, like you mentioned you guys wouldn't have to talk solely about Vita based games. With the limited amount of games you'd probably run out of things to talk quickly. The prime focus could still be Vita related, though.

Valkyria

Banned
Do you guys think that LBP Vita will go on sale today on US Store? My wife wants it, I would feel like an idiot paying more for just a few hours. In the EU store the game is right now 6.99€.

DR2K

Banned
Do you guys think that LBP Vita will go on sale today on US Store? My wife wants it, I would feel like an idiot paying more for just a few hours. In the EU store the game is right now 6.99€.

IIRC it's 19.99 for it and the marvel dlc.

Finished Chapter 5 of Neptunia. Haven't really had any problems with difficulty spikes since chapter 2, so pretty happy about that. Not a fan of multiple bossfights without saving, but so far it hasn't caused me to lose any progress. The humor is still good, and best girl is finally back, so I'm enjoying it a lot right now.
I kind of hate the "no games" meme though even if some ironic uses are amusing.

I find even the ironic use pretty annoying.

SerTapTap

Finished Chapter 5 of Neptunia. Haven't really had any problems with difficulty spikes since chapter 2, so pretty happy about that. Not a fan of multiple bossfights without saving, but so far it hasn't caused me to lose any progress. The humor is still good, and best girl is finally back, so I'm enjoying it a lot right now.

I find even the ironic use pretty annoying.

Chapter 5 means you're past any awkward difficulty IIRC. I think the game only pulls the multiple boss fights thing two or three times?, but yes it's incredibly annoying. Especially when the first one feels hard, then it turns out the second one is actually way harder and there's no return or save before it.

And I would find "no games" okay if there weren't so many people who either mean it seriously (or use it in such a way I can't tell if they're serious or not because of the aforementioned people.)

Remembering this place isn't very easy since its in the community section, and I do use subscriptions btw.

I check my subs at least as often as the front page. I just sub to anything interesting. @NeoGAFNewThread is what I use for breaking news

No it's 14.99 ,the 6.99 is from the Christmas sale, they just haven't updated the banner.

Chapter 5 means you're past any awkward difficulty IIRC. I think the game only pulls the multiple boss fights thing two or three times?, but yes it's incredibly annoying. Especially when the first one feels hard, then it turns out the second one is actually way harder and there's no return or save before it.

Nice.

Cha

Ooh, Vita podcast. Would definitely give it a listen. Names off the top of my head, are "Lifecast" or "The rear touch", or something even more abstract like "The muffin basket" :)

Shizuka, NormalFish since we are all EST what time would you like to have some discuss more details about the podcast. I got a raid in Destiny at 8PM but anytime before that I am golden!

Takao

Banned
Woah Dave is also on PSN. Didn't know it's for PS4 too.

Duke Nukem: 446MB $10 without Plus
Woah Dave 38MB $5 without Plus

SerTapTap

Isn't Duke supposed to be PS+? I'd wait for the store to fully update before buying if you want that PS+ version

netguy503

Store is updating with plus games and still no mention of the "15 for 15" sale. I really hope we get it today and don't have to wait until next week. :(

BTW, I have a question I am in US but want to buy an item on the UK store that is only 10 pounds. How/what is my best way of doing this? I don't want to have to buy a 25 pound card if possible but I don't see 10 pound ones. Thank you very much

E the Shaggy

So my PS Plus membership expires tomorrow.

If I let it expire, do I lose all my free games I've accrued or will they still be there once I renew (wanted to wait on a potential deal)?

Tizoc

If I let it expire, do I lose all my free games I've accrued or will they still be there once I renew (wanted to wait on a potential deal)?

Thy'll still be there when you renew.
When your plus runs out, the plus games you bought can't be playable unless you buy them.
if you renew your sub you'll get access to play them again just fine.

RK128

You don't lose them; they stay 'unactivated' on your account until PS+ reactivates. Once you resubscribe to Plus, they become activated again :D.

RK128

Got the new games that are on plus (everything but Ducktails; the rest of the Plus games I don't own) :).

Played a bit of Duke and it is quite fun so far :D. I did play Doom 1 and 2 in the past, but I never played any of the Duke games before, so I really like how the game controls. 60FPS gameplay with free-aiming; really great on the Vita's OLED screen :D. And the game having so much content (the original game plus its four expansions I think) makes it a great game to land on plus :).

Playing the Swapper now and I really like the game; it runs well on Vita, it has a very ominous atmosphere and I really like the clone mechanic. Defiantly play more of this :D.

The Woah Dave game I didn't download yet but it seems so simple :l; honestly looks like a lot like Super Create Force... But, its 'free', so it should be quite fun in the long run :D.

Can't play Infamous due to not owning a PS4 but I'm looking forward to playing Prototype 2 :D. The first one looked like a ton of fun, so being able to play its sequel should be quite enjoyable :D. Who doesn't love destroying everything in video games XD!

This month is great for PS+ in my book :).

MQX

tumblr_n69l1hetLz1rmjoy9o1_500.gif

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if anyone missed me, I'm not that famous XDDDDD.

I am back too.
Wait... Shizuka is back? Valkyria is back?!? nampad is also back?!?!
W5cUy.gif

Welcome back, guys :p

i'm not sure this video really needed to be 10 minutes long:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbAxK9m_qo

in previous tag forces it made sense to do things like that since the characters had 3d animations to draw the card, and special animations for signature summonings/activations

this is just eye glances
:/.

I have a feeling that Konami(the developers) were lazy to make some 3D animations(and/or use some 3D animations from the Tag Force games). And these eye glances with voice-overs..... I guess this will be Japan only :(
like Tag Force 6 ;_;.

Now I never have to buy a memory card again.

R-right?
pKyeBEo.gif

If you don't go full Digital, buy a lot of PSP/PS1 classics and/or have PS+ games, then maybe not ;p

So I ordered a 64gb card from Yesasia for $80. I figure that will be enough to fit all of my PSP, PS1, and Vita games for the foreseeable future. Right?
pKyeBEo.gif

My 64GB card is almost full(only have 700-800MB? free space :/). Bought too much digital PSP/PS1 games in the past :/

Just an idea, not sure if it would work, the podcast could be called "Vita means ..." with a different word related to the discussed topics inserted every episode.
Sounds... a good idea :D. Or maybe this: VitaGAF podcast: "Vita means *today's topic?*" ;P.

SerTapTap

Does the Swapper do anything cool with the DS4's features? I might poke around if so, otherwise I already beat it on PC

autoduelist

VitaMeansTalk

Do you rest your Vita 1000 on it's face or something? My front is pristine aside from one tiny scratch, the back is an absolute warzone of scratches but works perfectly fine and feels smooth regardless.

My white 1000 gets --
grabbled by a 1 year old
left on the floor under our bed
stuffed in the couch cushions
played tons
travels tons
and...
not a single scratch. I don't know what some of you guys do to them.

Looks more to Dynasty Warriors than AC to me. Combat is braindead and all the upgrades so far are useless.

For a game that won GOTY in some publications, I was expecting more.

Sounds like your expectations were too high. there is flawed freerunning and the combat is Assassin's Creed. However, the combat does improve some -- its sounds like you're early on with low level enemy captains... you'll eventually get captains that are immune to almost anything that require actual tactics to kill.
For example:
A captain that is immune to all damage unless in full retreat, but only scared of one thing. So you need to carefully pick off his followers, get him scared, and hunt him down before he escapes.
It's especially good when there are multiple high level captains around.

The game does a lot of original things, and does them very well. It's hard to innovate in game design, and the nemesis system is a brilliant innovation. It deserves some GOTY love, even if it isn't mine.

antibolo

Banned
Fun fact: Vita memory cards may be stupidly expensive, but Sony-branded Memory Stick Pro Duos (ie. for PSP) of equivalent size are still even more insanely expensive.

Does anyone have performance issues with generic MSPDs in a PSP? I want to upgrade my PSP's 16GB card and I know that generic cards are super cheap, but I'm worried about overall quality.

Do you rest your Vita 1000 on it's face or something? My front is pristine aside from one tiny scratch, the back is an absolute warzone of scratches but works perfectly fine and feels smooth regardless.

I have 2 scratches on the front, if you aren't looking for them you'll miss them. The thing is these all happened when I went home, so I'm just going to blame my cat. It seems like something he'd do.

SerTapTap

Guess I'll pass then. Swapper's an amazing game though. Fantastic horror-style atmosphere, cool claymation look that doesn't really look TOO claymation either (it's a sort of real but not that just adds to the atmosphere), good puzzles too, a couple had me stumped. Not too long either, everyone should give it a shot. Plays great with a controller, that's how I played it on PC.

Fun fact: Vita memory cards may be stupidly expensive, but Sony-branded Memory Stick Pro Duos (ie. for PSP) of equivalent size are still even more insanely expensive.

Does anyone have performance issues with generic MSPDs in a PSP? I want to upgrade my PSP's 16GB card and I know that generic cards are super cheap, but I'm worried about overall quality.

I got a microSD to PSP adapter and have had no issues. Think mine is 32GB, but I see no reason why there would be issues with something bigger.

Top Bottom