• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

bobohoro

Too many people dissing Bravely Default in here, game has some iffy designs, especially for people that just_have_to_do_everything in a game, but overall it really was one of the better RPGs in the last few years. I'd say it deserves to be in battle for second place with Danganronpa.

That said, I voted for Persona Q, because that one should be first.

And nice idea on the podcast. Don't usually listen to that sort of thing, but will certainly give it a spin when it releases.

maouvin

Danganronpa 2, like the first one, be messing my sleep and training hours.
Hopefully I can finish it this week.

Oh wow, the same happened to me as well the first month I had my Vita slim. Huge random scratch on the back touchpad appeared.. I guess it just scratches easily?

My 7 month old slim is still intact, but I always carried it in a case (and let it rest there during pauses) before getting the Hori Face Cover. The cover, however, is almost not glossy anymore.

Xenoflare

Ugh, just noticed my not even 1 month old Vita slim has a big scratch on the back touch. I am not that OCD about those things as things are supposed to be used but it still sucks because I barely used it.
Guess my nephew did it because I let him play a lot with my Vita slim some days ago. Hope the scratch doesn't mess up the touch function.

To be fair, I wasn't different when I was a kid and I guess I turned out ok. Of course, I will ask my brother what he thinks about the app but I just want to know about the nudity thing to be more informed. There is a difference between watching some shooter or people having sex.

The back touchpad of the Vita is hilariously prone to scratches, it's fine.

Unless you get a white one so they doesn't show up as much.

Maid

Banned
By the way, anyone here watching a lot of Live from Playstation? I want to know if there is still a lot of attention whoring nudity on it. Not sure if I should install the app for my other nephew who will get a Vita this month.
I know it is mostly shooters which he shouldn't watch anyway but he already is a Let's Play watcher and being exposed to the internet, I don't want to know what he already has seen. Live from Playstation at least fits his Let's Play fascination.
I know he does play CoD with some friends sometimes. My brother won't let him play those games normally.

To be fair, I wasn't different when I was a kid and I guess I turned out ok. Of course, I will ask my brother what he thinks about the app but I just want to know about the nudity thing to be more informed. There is a difference between watching some shooter or people having sex.

Didn't Sony shut down them all? I remember about not allow to show skin or something on live stream.

Or is that a Twitch thingy?

nampad

The back touchpad of the Vita is hilariously prone to scratches, it's fine.

Unless you get a white one so they doesn't show up as much.

My Vita launch model has no scratches on the back :)
It has some big ones on the screen though :(

Didn't Sony shut down them all? I remember about not allow to show skin or something on live stream.

Or is that a Twitch thingy?

That was Twitch if I remember correctly. But setting up rules and having people follow them are not the same though. Not sure how quick the moderation on Twitch is.
Tried to play around with the parental controls and Live from Playstation is always locked before 18. I hoped you could block games according to their rating.

Should probably only show the Twitch streams. (Tap the left)

I went on Live From Playstation (Ustream) and saw a streamer put on panties as a mask.

mao2

Copy pasta from the Media Create sales thread.
Also, Vita is getting Hakuisei Aijou Shoukougun (白衣性愛情依存症), a yuri VN and sequel to Hakuisei Ren'ai Shoukougun by Kogado Studio. It'll be released in April 2015.
http://hakuai.kogado.com/

And another title for Vita, Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata (冴えない彼女の育てかた), is a game based on the light novel/manga/anime but with an original story and developed by 5pb. It's scheduled for release in spring 2015.

Yasumi

Banned
Sayonara Umihara Kawase is coming to the Vita (Japan only for now it seems?)

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/sayonara-umihara-kawase-coming-ps-vita

Yessss. I was close to getting it on 3DS but I'll wait for now.
Holy crap, get this people. It was pretty much the best 3DS game last year. So hard and so satisfying. My biggest complaint was that you had to use the circle pad (which slipped a lot) or the crap, awkwardly placed dpad. It'll feel soooo much better with the Vita dpad. Double dipping for sure.

Shinriji

What games were leaked or mentioned is what I was actually asking sorry, heh.
Is there a list by any chance?

So far:

- Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chihari (Upgraded port of the 3DS game)
- Saenai Kanojo Sodatekata - Blessing flowers (Saekano VN)
- Hakuisei Aijou Shoukougun

All Famitsu leaks, no Dengeki.

VLiberty

Sayonara Umihara Kawase is coming to the Vita (Japan only for now it seems?)

http://gematsu.com/2015/01/sayonara-umihara-kawase-coming-ps-vita

Yessss. I was close to getting it on 3DS but I'll wait for now.

I remember a lot of praise here, but it never looked too hot to me. I've played a free demo(the old ones before PSN came to PSP) of the PSP game back in the days and I didn't like it, but someone said that the 3DS game is a lot better so who knows. I was waiting for a big price drop on the eshop, now I think I'll just wait for the Vita version

mao2

So far:

- Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chihari (Upgraded port of the 3DS game)
- Saenai Kanojo Sodatekata - Blessing flowers (Saekano VN)
- Hakuisei Aijou Shoukougun

All Famitsu leaks, no Dengeki.
There is no Dengeki PlayStation this week. The next issue comes out next week on January 15.

I remember a lot of praise here, but it never looked too hot to me. I've played a free demo(the old ones before PSN came to PSP) of the PSP game back in the days and I didn't like it, but someone said that the 3DS game is a lot better so who knows. I was waiting for a big price drop on the eshop, now I think I'll just wait for the Vita version

I was in the same situation, thought the 3DS game was interesting but too expensive for me. I recently watched someone play the original on the SNES and the OST was so amazing (1 2) that I decided to take closer look at the series and it jumped to the top of my wishlist. The vita port timing is perfect :D

SerTapTap

My Vita launch model has no scratches on the back :)
It has some big ones on the screen though :(

Do you rest your Vita 1000 on it's face or something? My front is pristine aside from one tiny scratch, the back is an absolute warzone of scratches but works perfectly fine and feels smooth regardless.

Zhao_Yun

tumblr_n69l1hetLz1rmjoy9o1_500.gif

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if anyone missed me, I'm not that famous XDDDDD.

I am back too. Was banned for complaining about the moderation in a community thread.

And there I was wondering why the thread moved so fast so suddenly.

Welcome back guys. We missed you!

SerTapTap

Uh...guys? Why cant I play splitscreen mp on COD Advanced Warfare? Can guests not play online on PS4? Bullshit if so.

MAking a non-guest account takes a couple minutes. Very useful as guests don't save data in many local co op games. And no guests probably aren't allowed online if I had to guess. I have 3 accounts anyway for US EU and JP. I had 4 accounts on PS3 (not all with PSN accounts though) for Scott Pilgrim

Shinriji

It's a decent Orc-slaying-simulator. Compare to the game in the same genre (AssCreed), it's way better.

Looks more to Dynasty Warriors than AC to me. Combat is braindead and all the upgrades so far are useless.

For a game that won GOTY in some publications, I was expecting more.

I am loving the positive response guys, I am really starting to get pumped. I am gonna start compiling the list names so that we can start picking the right one for this show:

EDIT: I'll edit the list here for now

- Vita Book Club

- GraVitation

Potential podcast names:
Vita Means Life
Vitalogy
The 'no games' Vita podcast
Vita Gamers: Invite Only
Remote Play
Rub to listen

Or my personal favourite:
Rear Touchpad

ReVitalize
Vitality
Curriculum Vita

What's the details on the podcast, I must have missed it

NGP: No Games Podcast

About the podcast name: why not just call it The VitaGAF Podcast?

And now I will be throwing an idea of mine into the fray:

- InVitation Cast (mix of some of your ideas), since the idea is to invite 3rd, 4th chairs into the show, this would keep folks interested in joining and looking forward to receiving an invitation on their PM box.

Speaking of which, my idea for the invitations would be to have everyone who's interested in coming to the show to talk PM me, I would add your name to the pool and after finishing the show I would take 1 or 2 names randomly from a hat, and I would send the respective members a PM for the next show, which would be the next week, or next 2 weeks.

Maid

Banned
Looks more to Dynasty Warriors than AC to me. Combat is braindead and all the upgrades so far are useless.

For a game that won GOTY in some publications, I was expecting more.

I'd suggest turning off all the indicator so the game looks less stupid. Have you reached to the part where they let you going around killing all the warchief?

ReVitalize
Vitality
Curriculum Vita

What's the details on the podcast, I must have missed it

So the way things are going to work, at least for now and I am still working on the details and what not, is that we would have a podcast, a weekly or biweekly thing in which I the host would bring in members from the community to be a part of the conversation, and some other fun stuff that I am trying to make happen as well (like I said yesterday folks, keep an eye on your Pm boxes).

There will be 2 other permanent members to the show, the 2 brave souls that decided to do it were NormalFish and Shizuka (thank you both btw, we will be discussing more details today!), as well as a 3rd or even 4th rotating chair from this community that will always keep on changing to keep the perspective fresh, we will talk games, we will set up a feedback email so that not only Gaffers can give their input, but people from outside as well (this is is if the response is positive of course and we are interesting enough).

Before we start the show we will be taking in names of users that would be willing to go on air with us, and I would write all of your names up, randomize them, and pick one or two for that episode, I would send you a PM and we would start discussions from there. The show won't be scripted, it'll be relaxed, fun, something to keep VitaGaf alive, even if not in thread form at least we would have our own show.

Maid

Banned
Just a question, does this podcast aim toward existed Vita fans or do we want to attract more people to the platform?

Just a question, does this podcast aim toward existed Vita fans or do we want to attract more people to the platform?

Again I'm thinking of starting really small. This is just for us :p if things take off from there... Well, we will see aha! The interest seems to be there on this thread specifically, and that for me is what matters right now

SerTapTap

Ah, sounds interesting. I do lots of videos on youtube but not usually conversational things. I'll see how episode one pops out I guess.

antibolo

Banned
I will never understand why people love the Umihara Kawase series so much.

SerTapTap

I got the 3DS game on sale (would have much rather had the Vita one now...), it's interesting but hard as hell. Wanted to own one of the games in some capacity though.

Xenoflare

I recall playing it on an emulator disc I had when I was really young and got creeped out by the goldfish.

I'll second the VitaGAF podcast, it's straight forward title, that's the best kind of title.

I recall playing it on an emulator disc I had when I was really young and got creeped out by the goldfish.

I'll second the VitaGAF podcast, it's straight forward, that's the best kind of title.

VitaGAF podcast works too, it is simple and we carry the name on :p Adding it to the list

Maid

Banned

Seconded. Not trying to shot down others' ideas, but I also think if we only start this as a small project, it's better to be straight forward. Anything that helps people identify the podcast faster is better.

From what I know am pretty certain Lost Song will come over to the West. And not have a some sort of Engrish script that was halfassed to hell and back.

*When I say FACT I mean literally sat down and talked with Chikami-san one of the heads within the company. Nothing to do with work. Much respect as those that lead Exp Inc. do so by example and are there in the office constantly working even on the holidays. Chikami-san does a lot of the heavy lifting too all at the same time while doing the job of a producer. Pretty damned impressive.

Im curious if NISA will push the fact that the artist is the same one that did Demon Gaze to ride off the popularity.

At the same time am concerned how fans will react, since seeing how people could not figure out some stuff with Demon Gaze I can only imagine those same people and more will be confused the fuck out of things with OP Abyss.

We will get news for IA/VT soon.

I never knew this thread was such a hive for unreported information. I should come here more often!

The site still exists so its not like its dead "yet". Though no release date / price on there.

http://social.gust.co.jp/pc/chronos/

Last update seems to be 2013-07-16 though

I'm still really hoping this isn't dead. I'd really like to see it brought back in some way. It just seems to have fallen under the bus between everything else Gust have been working on. Since then they've announced Ar no Surge (+ Plus version); Atelier Shallie & Atelier Rorona 3D.

Then again, I thought Destroyer Trillion was cancelled and then Compile Heart said it wasn't, so I hold out hope!

OT: A Vita game a month for me over the next 4 months. Neptunia 2 in January; Firely Diary in February; Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters in March and Operation Abyss in April. Can't wait!

Planning to pick up Neptunia U and Steins;Gate later in the year. I'm still hopeful we'll get DanganRonpa: Another Episode and Stranger of Sword City in the second half, too. If Sen no Kiseki does show up then that'll just be the icing on the cake.

Shinriji

So the way things are going to work, at least for now and I am still working on the details and what not, is that we would have a podcast, a weekly or biweekly thing in which I the host would bring in members from the community to be a part of the conversation, and some other fun stuff that I am trying to make happen as well (like I said yesterday folks, keep an eye on your Pm boxes).

There will be 2 other permanent members to the show, the 2 brave souls that decided to do it were NormalFish and Shizuka (thank you both btw, we will be discussing more details today!), as well as a 3rd or even 4th rotating chair from this community that will always keep on changing to keep the perspective fresh, we will talk games, we will set up a feedback email so that not only Gaffers can give their input, but people from outside as well (this is is if the response is positive of course and we are interesting enough).

Before we start the show we will be taking in names of users that would be willing to go on air with us, and I would write all of your names up, randomize them, and pick one or two for that episode, I would send you a PM and we would start discussions from there. The show won't be scripted, it'll be relaxed, fun, something to keep VitaGaf alive, even if not in thread form at least we would have our own show.

I could join you guys once in a while. It could be fun.

nampad

Do you rest your Vita 1000 on it's face or something? My front is pristine aside from one tiny scratch, the back is an absolute warzone of scratches but works perfectly fine and feels smooth regardless.

My Iphone fell on my Vita screen and made a big scratch. Kind of funny, considering mobile is killing the handheld market.
Not sure where the smaller one comes from anymore.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Welcome back unbanned bros :D

i'm not sure this video really needed to be 10 minutes long:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbAxK9m_qo

in previous tag forces it made sense to do things like that since the characters had 3d animations to draw the card, and special animations for signature summonings/activations

this is just eye glances

Yeah, huge downgrade, i really hope this is a cash in for a full Vita game... well at least there are some portraits(hoping they are not just eyes and just for some summons).

In any case i want it!

DR2K

Banned
So I ordered a 64gb card from Yesasia for $80. I figure that will be enough to fit all of my PSP, PS1, and Vita games for the foreseeable future. Right?

SerTapTap

So I ordered a 64gb card from Yesasia for $80. I figure that will be enough to fit all of my PSP, PS1, and Vita games for the foreseeable future. Right?

Uh...maybe for a while. I'd still recommend backing everything up on Content manager the first time you put it on your device. I long since abandoned having "everything", some stuff I'm extremely unlikely to play again/soon so there's no point in fussing over space and keeping it. I have a 32GB but I'm sure I'd be full if I actually kept everything on a 64GB too.

Top Bottom